Author Topic: Introduce yourself (mk. II)  (Read 245078 times)

Miles (a sailor)Martin

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Just a head full of random thoughts
Re: Introduce yourself (mk. II)
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2010, 12:42:52 am »
welcome, welcome, jump on in the water is fine ,if you have questions someone around here is bound to have an answer ,,,,, whertet it is the one you were looking for ,only you can tell.. to introduce myself . I am  Miles (a sailor)Martin. also known as dave, but never as "late for dinner". if you look in the archives you will find my orinial intro post around this time last year. 
 remember rule one: if you aren't having fun your doing it wrong!
                                    Miles (a sailor)Martin
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo

Captain MacMorrigan

• Officer
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2010, 12:57:06 am »
I've been involved in the steampunk scene for around five years now, and you are a great deal more likely to find me in a derby and a vest than jeans and a t-shirt- though of course those have their time and place as well, do not get me wrong.

Haha, yes.  Although my clothes tend to be stylistically anachronistic to each other, as much as to the modern period.  I'll dress in a button shirt and waistcoat, and occasional cravat, worn over blue jeans and loafers.  or boots.
"We're actors!  We're the opposite of people!"--Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"

Vitruvian

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2010, 10:58:32 am »
Hi, my name is Kim I am from Belgium, I have been lurking around here for some time.
I haven't really done any steampunk projects yet but I am looking forward to try some.
I have already done some costuming projects and I really love the steampunk genre.
My other hobbies are cars,motorcycles, birds of prey, everything mechanical, chemical and technical.
Greetings

AmethystLongcat

• Deck Hand
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2010, 01:54:20 pm »
I'm here for my dad, who doesn't know how to use a forum.

My dad's the senior curator at the Abbey Pumping Station Museum, Leicester and he was thinking about using it for meets/conventions.

I personally find SteamPunk boring and unoriginal, I prefer DieselPunk or the Cowboy/Steam Punk stuff ( they have the Fresh Prince to help out) if I have to choose.

Ms. Squid

• Deck Hand
  • stimulating the little grey cells left and right
    • [squid penny]
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:49 am »
Hmm so little to say so much room to say it in.

I'm a 22 year old communication arts student (basically I draw silly little drawings and sometimes comics) counting down the days until I can get back to my home state of Texas. I just recently have gotten into the whole steampunk world etc. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few meets for me and my friend to attend when I get back home! hmm, well, now that I am at a loss as of what to say, I hope to make some of your acquaintances and hopefully not rub anyone the wrong way haha.

AngusSky

• Deck Hand
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2010, 02:52:29 am »
Ms. Squid, I have to say, I love the name.
- Known as Inmora. - ( name change )

Ms. Squid

• Deck Hand
  • stimulating the little grey cells left and right
    • [squid penny]
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2010, 05:53:34 am »
Thank you most kindly good sir

Vongar Alexander

• Deck Hand
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2010, 08:54:29 pm »
Hallo,

I'm Vongar. I like to make stuff. It is a hobby of mine, that allows me to relax. I've been making/modding for many a year, and only have recently figured out that I am now labeled Steampunk.

I have a few projects on the go, as I do not have a timeline for any project. I am resourceful, feeling that I should do what I can to prevent usable items from being dump site discarded. As such, most of my items refurbished or rebuilt, come from recyclers, or thrift stores.

I'm married, and have been with the same lass for 10 years. I am not looking for any romantic encounters. However, friendships are always welcome. I have a few male and female friends. I don't hold stigma towards opposite sex friendships. So, that being said, I'm 40ish. A white, Scottish male :) Yes, I do have a kilt, and wear it often.

I live in Ottawa, Canada. GMT-5.

I prefer a tinker type of characterization. Not military-istic. However, I do know that we need to supply our military with as advanced weaponry as we can, for they will keep us safe from the Sky Sharks. Our flying machines are safer for having our boys in blue.

If you have a question, feel free to ask. Although I might not get to the answer quickly, as I am unfamiliar with this website.

Take care, and have a great day,
Von
Adversus solem ne loquitor

Vivian Ward Renehan

• Deck Hand
« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2010, 02:45:53 am »
Greetings to everyone.. I'm Vivian Ward Renehan but I also go by Nicole. I found Steampunk through roleplaying online a year or so ago, and my interest in it has progressed to outside of just role play and into the actual steampunk lifestyle. I'm 22 and live in New England. I am a professionally trained pastry chef, and I'm back at college for engineering. I suppose one could either call me a Renaissance woman, or else exceedingly fickle. ;) It will probably come as no surprise that I find it impossible to narrow down what I'm most interested in about Steampunk, though I can say that I definitely enjoy frivolity, well-mannered ridiculousness, and of course, a good challenge!

Raoxshna

• Gunner
« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2010, 03:30:35 pm »
Hello everyone,

I joined this forum a few days ago after I decided a while back that I wanted to make/collect a steampunk costume of my own. Everything just started to make sense: I always liked old stuff, wooden chests, lanterns, brass candlesticks binoculars etc. and I read a lot of  19th century literature/pulp adventure stories and (steampunk themed/urban) fantasy. Just never though to put two and two together and realise that in steampunk a lot of the thing I love come together.
This place already proves itself to be a vital place of practical information and very entertaining to boot. Great creative ideas and solutions. ;D

I've given myself the name Raoxshna. Sometimes really impossible to type, I sadly found out after registration. So it might not have been the best choice, but I've always wanted to use it. 

Nice to meet you (all). :)

Aiden

• Swab
« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2010, 06:53:26 pm »
Greetings,
  I have lurked here for awhile.  I am in the USA, I currently live in North Carolina after spending many years in Florida. I am an old '80s Goth, and since 2003 I have owned and edited a music ezine, Midnight Calling.  It started out being Goth/Industrial but now I cover many underground genres. There is a small Steampunk scene here centered on Chapel Hill, NC.  I've done an editorial on Steampunk and some reviews of Steampunk oriented bands and events.  The Steampunk outfit that I am presently working on includes an oilskin duster with the shoulder cape removed, a reproduction WWI trench cap, and tall side laced boots I obtained at a Ren Faire.

Best Regards,
Aiden

Nadanova

• Deck Hand
« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2010, 10:21:53 pm »
Hallo all, I'm Nadanova and i've only just plunged myself into the world of Steampunk and have found myself enjoying it immensely! I'm 18 and my interests are modern and retro tech, I collect retro games machines, computers etc, mod them and sell them, arcade machines too :D Musical Preferences being classic Rock and Metal on good old Vinyl and Movies on Laserdisc... [none of that fancy blu-ray claptrap]. I'm thinking of creating myself a steampunk outfit, (been oggling the goggles at atomefabrik), thats all there is to say really... I look forward to my time on these forums :D

OswaldBastable

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Not in front of the men..................
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »
Hello and welcome to you, you may wish to step on over to the UK section of the geography board
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

davidnagel

• Deck Hand
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2010, 10:47:55 pm »
<waves>

Hello there!

Nice looking place here guys, some superb projects going on here - pure works of art. Mega jealous of everyone's ability.

I hope to join you with something... one day. Yes, one day

Big Doctor Who fan, which is one reason why I'm here, the Doctor is always pulling out some steam punk gadget sometimes. One I'll be posting separately about.

I look forward to regularly posting - if I can!

best wishes

David

Argus Fairbrass

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • So English even the English don't get it!
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2010, 03:09:58 pm »
I'm here for my dad, who doesn't know how to use a forum.

I personally find SteamPunk boring and unoriginal, I prefer DieselPunk or the Cowboy/Steam Punk stuff ( they have the Fresh Prince to help out) if I have to choose.

Haha, are you teaching him how to make friends and influence people as well Amethyst?

Welcome anyhow, perhaps this Forum may help to um...unbore you a little?  ;)

(There are plenty of us that like DeiselPunk and Weird West too, so you won't be forced to choose lol)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:21:11 pm by Argus Fairbrass »
Have her steamed and brought to my tent!

Virginia Vixinoi

• Gunner
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »
Good day Sirs and Ladies.  I am student of the world residing in the wilds of Montana at the moment.  I am an avid reader, historian, artist, and anachronist.  I draw, paint, chain mail, jewelry make, basic armoring with metal or leather, and of course sew. I am pretty decent at most of my hobbies. I love to learn new things always.  I have had a love of the Victorian and Edwardian, acquired via stories and tales found in books; Poe, Byron, Shelley, Stoker; since I was young. Add to that a curiosity of the of the paranormal and with flair for recreating the past and you get me.  I am a member of SCA and dabbler in ASCA.  I am a single mom with one son, working in financial industries.  It wasn't until a few years ago that several of my acquaintances and myself really started delving heavily into the world of Steampunk and its accoutrements. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all, hopefully I can share knowledge and information and ideas as well as learn from each and everyone of you.

Thank You Kindly!

Ginny

J. Wilhelm

• ╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
  • Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple
    • NASA Dude
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2010, 11:54:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lady Vixinoi! Feel free to "dwell into the world of Steampunk and its accoutrements," here at Brassgoggles  ;)

Virginia Vixinoi

• Gunner
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:08 am »
Why thank you kindly!  ;)

Zuzu

• Gunner
    • Zuzu's Petals'n'Stuff
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »
My very best Regards to you all..
My name is Zuzu (well sometimes it is) and I live 12 miles from Edinburgh the capital of Scotland.
I am older then 30 but not as much as 60... ( a genteel lady shouldn't divulge such things.. that's as good an excuse as any)

I am new to the steampunk movement in that ive only just found out what to call the genre of literature and movies i have been loving all this time.
My love of all things steampunk has been heightened by the fact i use the style in my altered art a lot now.
On that note.. I am an Altered art Artist part time and a part time Delver in to the mind ( counsellor to some folks)

I purchased my first pair of vintage goggles in the summer ( ready to alter with cogs and gadgetry ) . quickly followed by a second pair as i carefully work on the mind of my husband and convert him.. he WILL be wearing a pair by next summer so help me lol

ummm other than that i have nothing much to add...
looking forward to this steam driven adventure and to getting out there to events...
"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

doctorgeof

• Deck Hand
    • The Island of Doctor Geof
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2010, 09:09:14 pm »
Hi there

I'd swear i started an account a year or so back but hey ho,

I'm probably known to thee as Doctor Geof, artist/cartoonist for the steampunk magazine, creator of the fetishman comics and the first tea company, perpetrator of tiny portraits and embroidered badges and risque victorian cartoons amongst other things. It would be more stuff but there are far too few hours in the day. On which subject i will quickly flee and set about a couple of outstanding commissions.

Currently based in Burley in Leeds, UK, where it's just the right temperature to make every cup of tea a treat.

x
gf
first tea lord

Zuzu

• Gunner
    • Zuzu's Petals'n'Stuff
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »
Nice to meet you :) i suspect i saw your photo in one of the galleries .. you were sketching miniatures or some such .. in Lincoln I think

doctorgeof

• Deck Hand
    • The Island of Doctor Geof
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
Yes indeed! I believe i may have drawn a few more last Lincoln as opposed to this most recent one, i blame it on the incapacitating effect of being quite so awash with all that delightful free gin.

Argus Fairbrass

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • So English even the English don't get it!
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »
Hello eveybody!

Welcome welcome

We wish you all the best here (really)

And congratulations on passing the first test of your navigational skills.

You've found the introductions thread!

Jolly well done!   ;)

Birdnest

• Zeppelin Admiral
    • TAS Design - for the design of spiffy places
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2010, 12:03:25 am »
Good day Sirs and Ladies.  I am student of the world residing in the wilds of Montana at the moment.  I am an avid reader, historian, artist, and anachronist.  I draw, paint, chain mail, jewelry make, basic armoring with metal or leather, and of course sew. I am pretty decent at most of my hobbies. I love to learn new things always.  I have had a love of the Victorian and Edwardian, acquired via stories and tales found in books; Poe, Byron, Shelley, Stoker; since I was young. Add to that a curiosity of the of the paranormal and with flair for recreating the past and you get me.  I am a member of SCA and dabbler in ASCA.  I am a single mom with one son, working in financial industries.  It wasn't until a few years ago that several of my acquaintances and myself really started delving heavily into the world of Steampunk and its accoutrements. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all, hopefully I can share knowledge and information and ideas as well as learn from each and everyone of you.

Thank You Kindly!

Ginny

Welcome, Ma'am, from the west slope of the 'Root!

I think that you'll have a great deal of fun 'round here!
Onward ho!

Lady Dera Lorae

• Deck Hand
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2010, 01:09:26 am »
Hello everyone!  I've been an admirer of the general steampunk aesthetic for several years now and have been plotting possible frocks (with a lack of funding or time to fabricate pieces that would be of the quality I would hope for.  Darn art school and now graduate school as well!)  But the more I read and observe what I am interested in the more I find that I just seem to enjoy things that are idealized in steampunk fashion or litereature.  I suppose joining up on the boards here is my way of giving in and truly beginning to invest some time in creating...well who know what really.  I think I just need to be inspired a bit more by some of the lovely ideas here and get myself moving.

So, I'm a resident of the commonwealth of Virginia, in the smallish city of Roanoke.  I am 26 years of age, love traveling and adventuring my way through the world, diving into the wealth of knowledge that make up academia and libraries, creating art and occasionally wearable items.
~* The Lady Dera Lydia Lorae *~

Avid explorer, artist, and musician.