The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 18, 2021, 07:14:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. II  (Read 182391 times)
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #2500 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:55 pm »

The Flu, quack doctors that seem to think antibiotics can cure a VIRIUS...

There's apparently an epidemic of chest infections 'caused by a particularly nasty virus here in the U.K.
 I went to my doctor expecting the usual glib advice or 'antibiotics' that don't work and instead ended up with a nurse putting a needle in my bum. Grin

Hope you make a full recovery mighty soon.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2501 on: April 05, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »

A learner driver just blocked me into a box junction, caused me to fail my test, then drove the 15 miles back to the test centre, a 40 zone, at 25. He also left no room for me to overtake. This stranger literally failed my test for me.

Never been so angry at the world ever.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2502 on: April 05, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »

Was the berk at the same test centre as you?  I'd have gone over and given him what-for.  My sympathies. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2503 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »

yes he was. My driving instructor PURPOSEFULLY got out the car to let me out so he could stand between me and the git who made me fail.
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #2504 on: April 05, 2011, 04:43:30 pm »

sounds like the git was the instructor if he was aware that said meatbag was driving like a turtle, yet blamed you.

e.g. ... if I'm following some yokel in a motor home doing 25 in a 65, the patrol would have no cause to pull me over for going too slow.

Sorry for your unsavory experience.

Onward ho!
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2505 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:21 pm »

Just made me SO anrgy that his bad driving ruined my test. I got 2 minor marks, if he hadn't messed it up. Grrrrrr.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2506 on: April 05, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »

I was rather under the impression that you had to undertake a theory test before being allowed anywhere near the wheel of a car.  In which case; what was the muppet thinking doing that in the first place and putting you in that situation?  I certainly hope his instructor gave him an earlashing for it.  I would also say that learners who manage to so badly misinterpret the rules of the road should immediately be made to resit the theory exam and stopped from driving until they've passed it again.  It's the only some fools will learn  Roll Eyes
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2507 on: April 05, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »

He was driving his own car, he can't have been much older than myself, so I assume his mummy had bought him it and taught him. ¬.¬
Frey
Officer
England England

Gravatar

exurah
« Reply #2508 on: April 05, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

A learner driver just blocked me into a box junction, caused me to fail my test, then drove the 15 miles back to the test centre, a 40 zone, at 25. He also left no room for me to overtake. This stranger literally failed my test for me.

Never been so angry at the world ever.

Bogus. Fix your car like Death Race so you can blow them away if it happens again.

Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #2509 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »

Failing that, appeal.  Worked for one of my friends.
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #2510 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »

sounds like the git was the instructor if he was aware that said meatbag was driving like a turtle, yet blamed you.

e.g. ... if I'm following some yokel in a motor home doing 25 in a 65, the patrol would have no cause to pull me over for going too slow.

It would of been the examiner who failed her not the instructor.
Didn't you have a raygun with you Lady A?

Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2511 on: April 05, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

I did, but had to keep it concealed. Not good driving ettiquette to have shot the git in the face as soon as we returned.

HOWEVER. I may well do that next time. I am booking one more test, if I fail that one, there will be blood ¬.¬
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2512 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:34 pm »

I did, but had to keep it concealed. Not good driving ettiquette to have shot the git in the face as soon as we returned.

HOWEVER. I may well do that next time. I am booking one more test, if I fail that one, there will be blood ¬.¬

I sincerely hope that the presence of blood is not going to be the reason for another failed test. Killing pedestrians is a pretty sure way to get on the examiner's bad side.

Best of luck. I only passed on 3rd go so it's not just you.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2513 on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »

I haven't killed a pedestrian yet, but I am coming dangerously close to staying one forever! I feel damn defeated, but not by my own lack of skill, but by the universe and the obstacles it keeps putting up for me at the minute. Gah.

Thankyou for the kind words and support, everyone. Smiley
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #2514 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:58 pm »

It would of been the examiner who failed her not the instructor.
Didn't you have a raygun with you Lady A?

OOPS ... See what happens when one types when one is distracted.  at least I spelled it correctly.

I prefer poisonous spiders over ray guns.  Much more subtle and great fun to watch.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2515 on: April 05, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »

Excellent incentive for a brand new raygun, or a brand new spider. Oh the fun I could have with a spider, Master Seabear is TERRIFIED of spiders, so i could leave it on his pillow before bed one night... Tehehehe!
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #2516 on: April 05, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »

New Rock have refunded the money for the boots I have ordered, saying it is impossible to make them in that size... then why did you offer them for sale and why are they still on offer?

I smell a rat in their 'sale'.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2517 on: April 05, 2011, 09:34:39 pm »

New Rock have refunded the money for the boots I have ordered, saying it is impossible to make them in that size... then why did you offer them for sale and why are they still on offer?

Just how big ARE your feet, Major?
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #2518 on: April 05, 2011, 09:45:41 pm »

Size 10... well, well, there has been a development.

http://www.newrockworld.com/store2009/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/30719/s/m-314-c1/category/265/

magically no longer available in the outlet section, but still available in size 44 if you pay full price.

So for "not available in that size", should I instead read, "whoops, that shouldn't have been in the sale"?  If I'd got the secong message I'd have still been annoyed, but I'd have understood it, mistakes happen (so what if they were my dream boots?).  What I am now angry about is it appears I am being lied to instead.

Over the years they've had hundreds of pounds out of me in 15 different pairs of New Rocks... I shall be looking elsewhere for my boots from now on, they shall get no more of my money.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2519 on: April 05, 2011, 10:00:32 pm »

Size 10... well, well, there has been a development.

http://www.newrockworld.com/store2009/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/30719/s/m-314-c1/category/265/

magically no longer available in the outlet section, but still available in size 44 if you pay full price.

So for "not available in that size", should I instead read, "whoops, that shouldn't have been in the sale"?  If I'd got the secong message I'd have still been annoyed, but I'd have understood it, mistakes happen (so what if they were my dream boots?).  What I am now angry about is it appears I am being lied to instead.

Over the years they've had hundreds of pounds out of me in 15 different pairs of New Rocks... I shall be looking elsewhere for my boots from now on, they shall get no more of my money.

Size 10 here also. I have a lovely pair of knee highs in Oxblood which are apparently quite rare. Bought them on a trip to Edinburgh some years back (at the time they were £50 cheaper than London) and still in good order. They still come out of the wardrobe on occasions. Mostly for punk gigs.
 Because of the colour they look like futuristic DM's or something Elton John might have worn in 'Tommy'. Grin
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2520 on: April 06, 2011, 12:01:36 am »

Few years ago I gave ten pounds deposit to a local shop for a pair of 20 eyelet Doc Martins. Went back two weeks later no boots, said they could not get them in my size. They had said originally that they could, and they were most reluctant to refund my deposit. A company in Manchester posted the boots I wanted within two working days.

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2521 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:02 am »

My store pens officially tommorrow. I have had the shittest day consisting of finishing other people's half done jobs, trying not to snap at people and not eating. Halfway through today I had a session with my new therapist and in all honesty, I shouldn't have gone back to the store afterwards, I should have gone home. We talked about really deep and important things, and a lot of it touched a raw nerve. I put on a brave face and caried on anyway, which sort of worked until one of the managers spoke to me in a really rude way about something trivial. I walked away from the situation so I didn;t either say something I regret or do something worse, and when I get back I am taken to one side. Apparently swearing in the premises, even when "backstage" is a sackable offence, even when it is done quietly or when you think you are alone. I was told as such and the immortal words "give me one reason why I shouldn't sack you now" came from my bosses mouth. I pleaded my case and explained what happened, but was told I am on my last chance, one more thing to make her unhappy and I am gone. Can I just remind you that the store HASN'T EVEN OPENED YET!?

I honestly do not know if this is a company I can work for long term, we shall see when the custmers come in.....

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Alptraum
« Reply #2522 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:08 am »

My store pens officially tommorrow. I have had the shittest day consisting of finishing other people's half done jobs, trying not to snap at people and not eating. Halfway through today I had a session with my new therapist and in all honesty, I shouldn't have gone back to the store afterwards, I should have gone home. We talked about really deep and important things, and a lot of it touched a raw nerve. I put on a brave face and caried on anyway, which sort of worked until one of the managers spoke to me in a really rude way about something trivial. I walked away from the situation so I didn;t either say something I regret or do something worse, and when I get back I am taken to one side. Apparently swearing in the premises, even when "backstage" is a sackable offence, even when it is done quietly or when you think you are alone. I was told as such and the immortal words "give me one reason why I shouldn't sack you now" came from my bosses mouth. I pleaded my case and explained what happened, but was told I am on my last chance, one more thing to make her unhappy and I am gone. Can I just remind you that the store HASN'T EVEN OPENED YET!?

I honestly do not know if this is a company I can work for long term, we shall see when the custmers come in.....

How's this for a reason: you need staff. Your store opens tomorrow. If you don't have staff, your service will be shit. If your service is shit, nobody will come into your store. If nobody comes into your store, you get no profit. If you get no profit, you go under.
Moral of the story? Sack staff for doing things that really aren't worth sacking them over (swearing? REALLY?! Somebody has an inferiority complex...) and you die. If it were me I would have punched the bitch. And the manager who was a douche to you.
*cough* Does it show that I'm not in the best of moods?
Good luck dealing with her, Darkshines. Let us know how the opening goes.
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #2523 on: April 06, 2011, 04:06:57 am »

The Flu, quack doctors that seem to think antibiotics can cure a VIRIUS, dehydration, and lack of sleep.

Although.... if you're "at-risk" and have the actual 'flu, antibiotics can reasonably be prescribed to prevent secondary infection, which tends to be far more dangerous than the 'flu itself.
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #2524 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:29 am »

<snip>

You have my deepest sympathies, I had a similar problem with a company I was employed by.  I ended up walking out during their sale period (however in this instance, I was the manager) due to the crap way we were being treated and I wasn't prepared to treat my staff the same way, or have them treated the same way by managers placed over me.

Also as this thread has now reached page 101, I hereby rename it;

101 Damnations
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: