The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 18, 2021, 06:47:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. II  (Read 182384 times)
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2475 on: April 04, 2011, 10:23:03 am »

Lashing building supplies onto the car when the bungie cord lets go. As I explained to the optician later, if it wasn't for my glasses I would be in emergency with my eyeball in a paper cup. And this mornig I have to go into work so won't be able to use said building supplies.

THROW OUT THE BUNGIE CORDS. As you've just discovered, they are really bloody dangerous. My da's a builder, and insists that they're one of the most dangerous things on a construction site; bad enough that he's banned them from all his sites. Get yourself some ratchet straps instead.

Ratchet straps really are the way forward.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
crookedfingers
Zeppelin Captain

"What We Know of the Ether" - 1906

« Reply #2476 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:38 am »

Definately, my dad suffered a bungee to the mouth once, it was a shocking sight when he came home with half his front tooth missing and blood all over his face (and a very swollen lip) Shocked

Teleportation! See me go from nought to zero in zero seconds!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2477 on: April 04, 2011, 11:23:11 am »

I too, am an advocate of ratchet straps (or some good ole 550 Cord and a couple of clove hitch knots...).  Bungee is only good for making FPS video games, and after Halo 3, even THAT is up for grabs!

Anyway, back on target:  Gah and s'etch-Doctor today.  I hate doctors.  Just being in the office raises my blood pressure, heart rate, and body temp.

Anyway, I'm going to try and catch some Zs, and ya know what, I may skip it today (it's a walk in clinic, as I dont have insurance, I do the "pay to play" method...) and go tomorrow.  Who knows, I may feel better by then anway.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #2478 on: April 04, 2011, 01:22:33 pm »

Putzing around with something online which locks up my browser due to suddenly demanding way to much of the computer at once. So a two min process takes 10 mins and ultimately needs a Ctrl Alt Del. Whichshut out the draining program, which also means I loose everything I'd been doing.

Fine I'll go post some other things I've been needing to do in order that I can re organise my web presence and amp up my networking and getting myself out there as sort of product, creator, and marketing. Only the fragging site keeps giving me teasing admittance followed by error in loading messages.

GaaHHHH! Screw the net, I goin to bed.

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #2479 on: April 04, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »

So many projects I want to do, but not enough time to do it.

We (my wife and I) have our second child on the way and the first one is getting another room. So after work I eat, change into DIY-clothes and continue painting the room. I've got an hour and a half to do some painting, before our daughter is going to sleep. After that I can't work on the room, so I go downstairs in the garage to work on her bed. It used to be a beaten down bed, but I managed to fix it up. I still have to do the edges, finishing up and painting. My wife it due august 29th, but we want our daughter to get used to her new room, before the baby is born.

Besides that big project, I also have some projects in mind. Steampunk bike/trike/quadcycle (haven't decided in what form), model dirigible, steampunk watergun (started, but put on hold), Steampunk story (not much of a writer, but I have some good ideas for a story), Steampunk wardrobe suitable for a bicycle builder/rider, Steampunking my keyboard and mouse. Whilst writing this reply, a couple of ideas come to mind, but I'm trying to block them.

To many things, to little time! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2480 on: April 04, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Another GAH: Having to moisturise my tattoo every goddamn 5 minutes. I have dry skin anyway, but this is rediculous. Also, if one of the boys on my course offers to moisturise it for me with his own 'special brand' I swear to whatever Gods will listen that I will kill him.

Gah.
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #2481 on: April 04, 2011, 02:03:49 pm »

Modelling in Autodesk Maya. I know in the long run I'm saving a lot of time, but why does the long part have to be now? Not to mention unexpected crashes when I try to do anything quickly Angry
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #2482 on: April 04, 2011, 02:12:22 pm »

So many projects I want to do, but not enough time to do it.

We (my wife and I) have our second child on the way and the first one is getting another room.
<Snip>

Our offspring learned to sleep through the sound of power saws.....

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #2483 on: April 04, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »

<snip>
THROW OUT THE BUNGIE CORDS.
<snip>

Thanks to you and subsequent posters, they are going in the bin. Not even going to keep them for camping because the temptation will be there to use them rather than run out and get some proper straps.
LizerSparkes
Zeppelin Captain

I's some crazy, b'y...

DrillBoysGirl
« Reply #2484 on: April 04, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »

Mouse is acting up AGAIN. At this point, I'm not sure whether it's the USB port, the hub drivers, or the mouse itself, but it's ticking me off to no end... at least I'm still under warrenty... 'cause I'd be up the creek without a paddle otherwise...

"PLC, and reach for the stars." - F. "Bucky" Laughlin
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2485 on: April 04, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

Another GAH: Having to moisturise my tattoo every goddamn 5 minutes. I have dry skin anyway, but this is rediculous. Also, if one of the boys on my course offers to moisturise it for me with his own 'special brand' I swear to whatever Gods will listen that I will kill him.

Gah.

Have you considered a moisturised dressing? I would suggest going to your doctor as they can prescribe WEAPON STRENGTH MOISTURISER! Alternatively I find acraflex to be very good.

To complete this duality of pertinent advice; suggest to the "boys" (for they are not men) in question, that if they are in the business of selling snake oil, instead of trying to palm off the results; they should spend less time palming themselves. Thus nullifying their unfortunate surplus.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:42:28 pm by Clym Angus » Logged

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2486 on: April 04, 2011, 05:34:10 pm »

Migraine is my Gah today.  Right behind the eyes. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #2487 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:58 pm »

Gah.
I swear this is not a wind up. Get yourself to the local chemist and buy some Preparation H or some other cream for the same purpose (the ol' farmer giles) I have used it on my Tatts before, stops the itching and scabbing a treat.

Migraine is my Gah today.  Right behind the eyes.  

Had to take beta blockers for Migraine, used to get really bad buggers, starting with tunnel vision, vomiting and a feeling of some-one nailing a spike into my right eye. Not as bad as my niece, bless her, when one came on, she had the same symptoms as some-one having a stroke, one side of the body and her face just gave up and drooped, I feel you pain sir!

Now, as soon as I start getting wammy vision, with blind spots, a handfull of Nurofen usually nips it in the bud, ending up just a really bad headache.

~SeVeN~
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:35:23 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #2488 on: April 04, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »

Oh dear, I don't get them that bad, just an annoyance really, but they're not appreciated, most of all not when I'm in a lecture or (worse) immediately after I've come out of one.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #2489 on: April 04, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

Not sure if this helps you in any way Mr Harrison, the most common causes of a migraine can be down to diet. Cheese, Chocolate and for me it turned out to be Red Wine. Ive stopped drinking it and very rarely have one now, maybe 2 a year. Can also be hereditary. Keep a constant supply of painkillers in your pocket just in case Wink

~SeVeN~
The Kernel
« Reply #2490 on: April 04, 2011, 08:38:57 pm »

Lashing building supplies onto the car when the bungie cord lets go. As I explained to the optician later, if it wasn't for my glasses I would be in emergency with my eyeball in a paper cup. And this mornig I have to go into work so won't be able to use said building supplies.

THROW OUT THE BUNGIE CORDS. As you've just discovered, they are really bloody dangerous. My da's a builder, and insists that they're one of the most dangerous things on a construction site; bad enough that he's banned them from all his sites. Get yourself some ratchet straps instead.

But they are excellent as impromptue slingshots

Joking aside, ratchet straps are the best and hold much more securly, the only value in a bungee is to prevent a rattle as they won't keep a load restrained in an accident, and even then one of the elasticated nets is much better (after using ratchet straps to hold everything down of course)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #2491 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »

Not sure if this helps you in any way Mr Harrison, the most common causes of a migraine can be down to diet. Cheese, Chocolate and for me it turned out to be Red Wine. Ive stopped drinking it and very rarely have one now, maybe 2 a year. Can also be hereditary. Keep a constant supply of painkillers in your pocket just in case Wink

~SeVeN~

I think in my case it could well be down to Monday's scheduling.  Seven hours of lectures (with maybe half an hour break in between) has, I have noticed, pretty often resulted in at the very least a bad headache.  Luckily I now have 4 weeks off!  Except I don't because in that time I have to write two essays and complete a set of architectural drawings... I think seven day working weeks week in, week out for the best part of three months also is playing a role.  I would say I need to throttle back a little here but it occurs to me that not only do I do seemingly precious little work as it is (only about 5-6 hours a day actually spent studying) but my coursemates are in the same situation and I don't hear them complaining.   
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2492 on: April 04, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »

Gah.

Have you considered a moisturised dressing? I would suggest going to your doctor as they can prescribe WEAPON STRENGTH MOISTURISER! Alternatively I find acraflex to be very good.

To complete this duality of pertinent advice; suggest to the "boys" (for they are not men) in question, that if they are in the business of selling snake oil, instead of trying to palm off the results; they should spend less time palming themselves. Thus nullifying their unfortunate surplus.

On my new tattoos I use Bepanthan which is a nappy rash cream. If you fill your details in on their website, they send you free tubes of it Smiley

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #2493 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:33 pm »

Gah.

On my new tattoos I use Bepanthan which is a nappy rash cream. If you fill your details in on their website, they send you free tubes of it Smiley

The best thing according to every tattooist (and hairy arsed biker) I know is E45.
I get it with a hint of sandlewood and it's done me proud for years.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Steamswitch
Deck Hand

« Reply #2494 on: April 05, 2011, 04:17:16 am »

When people think they rule the world. It makes me want to go
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2495 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:12 am »

Gah.

The best thing according to every tattooist (and hairy arsed biker) I know is E45.

Currently using E45 cream, and it's working well. Just a bit annoyed that it's a little itchy! Todays GAH is minor, and involves a bed full of big black flakes of dead skin and ink Tongue
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2496 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:39 am »

My GAH is that my girlfriend is finally back for the holidays, and just as she returns my dad gets diagnosed with sleep apnoea, and as she lives a fair distance away and I can't drive yet I can probably count our meetings on one hand now...
The irony is; my dad isn't sleepy during the day and has no problems other than a slight (and according to the doctor it is only just below the 'limit') drop in O2 sats at night. Of course it will take many many months to get referral and such before the DVLA can even begin to look at giving his license back during which time we'll have to make do with transport and getting us all to work/school/uni somehow. GAH.
~Longeye~
Alptraum
« Reply #2497 on: April 05, 2011, 01:26:21 pm »

Gah.

Currently using E45 cream, and it's working well. Just a bit annoyed that it's a little itchy! Todays GAH is minor, and involves a bed full of big black flakes of dead skin and ink Tongue

Aaaaand THAT is why I'll never get a tattoo Cheesy
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Sir Hilary Codswallop, at your service

« Reply #2498 on: April 05, 2011, 02:01:28 pm »

Abscess in my gum, I've spent most of the night saying Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

The pain killers are finally starting to work and hopefully the anti-biotics will take effect later.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2499 on: April 05, 2011, 02:28:11 pm »

The Flu, quack doctors that seem to think antibiotics can cure a VIRIUS, dehydration, and lack of sleep.

Ladies and Gents, I give you my gaaaahs.  With that, even though it's half past nine in the morn, I am laying my happy ass BACK down, and going to TRY and sleep untill quarter of four this afternoon.  At which time I shall rouse myself proper, don my work threads, and go to the docks for another lovely evening of being the store's bitch.

Hooray for modern medicien!  Hooray for insomnia!  And HOOFRIGGINRAY for being overworked at a dead end job that barely pays the friggin bills. 

At least I HAVE a job, Saints be Praised, so I guess that's something, aye?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: