The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 22, 2021, 03:52:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you go... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! Mk. II  (Read 182657 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #2450 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:22 am »

Ah good old Grog.  Grin

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2451 on: April 02, 2011, 04:38:18 am »

Moral: Rum is a nice drink.  Just water it down with something other than water  Undecided 

I recommend Coke (other cola drinks will work, but Coke tastes better).

Anyhow, the rum was only watered down (that's what "Grog" is) in an effort to prevent sailors getting completly rat-arsed while at sea / onboard ship. If you've ever seen a drunk sailor (and their tendency to get that way), you'd understand WHY....  Grin  It also made the grog ration last a bit longer.  Cheesy

Moral: Rum is a nice drink, try it neat, sipping it slowly. Or pour cola in it.

I prefer my Rum (dark Navy type) neat (no ice, water or any other mix). I tend to drink my Absinthe neat too, same with my whisky. I just prefer the taste that way.  Smiley

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2452 on: April 02, 2011, 05:53:29 am »

Rum straight up, on the rocks for me.  I'm a Captain Morgan's man (I prefer Private Stock), personally.  I will say, rum kicks like a mule, and you cannot help but make the "whiskey face," it is not a drink for the lightweight!  Then again, I use moonshine as a chaser to my everclear/151/tequlia/absinthe shottrain...

No, I am NOT an alcoholic! Wink

My GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH for today:  Gaia online is telling me my password (the one THEY SENT ME) is incorrect.  Which means, I cannot CHANGE my password, I cannot buy a trading pass, and I cannot buy the Bronze Automaton Arm for my avatar (too bad they don't have a straight up replacement HAND...).

Minor, aye, but as Bush once sang, "It's the little things that kill-tearing at my brain again."

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2453 on: April 02, 2011, 07:52:54 am »

The Andrews Sisters - Rum and Coca ColaDQ

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
rosalynwinters
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #2454 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:09 pm »

Somehow, I've managed to get pains in my neck, left shoulder, upper arm, elbow and lower arm. Plus I'm also suffering from really, really bad teeth ache.  Cry  Embarrassed But still, I'm trying to maintain the old stiff upper lip routine. (oh and the visual migraines aren't helping either)

Round these parts those are all considered signs of heart problems. You might want to seek medical opinions on it, and if you think it's past, just go and have a look see anyway. An ECG couldn't hurt and might catch something that is a bit off.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2455 on: April 02, 2011, 12:18:12 pm »

Somehow, I've managed to get pains in my neck, left shoulder, upper arm, elbow and lower arm. Plus I'm also suffering from really, really bad teeth ache.  Cry  Embarrassed But still, I'm trying to maintain the old stiff upper lip routine. (oh and the visual migraines aren't helping either)

Round these parts those are all considered signs of heart problems. You might want to seek medical opinions on it, and if you think it's past, just go and have a look see anyway. An ECG couldn't hurt and might catch something that is a bit off.

THIS.  VERY VERY VERY THIS.

I spent a couple days in the 'ospital after the first of the year because of heart problems, all preceeded by those exact signs.

My vocalist spent time in the doctors office, same thing.

I cannot stress enough how important it is that you get yourself checked out ASAP.  In fact, as soon as you read this, GO.  LIVE.  BE FREE! Cheesy

My GAAAAAAAAAAAH:
I have to F12 and revert the site back to IE7 in order to update my avatar...  I just figured that out.  THREE DAYS I've had a white background on my avatar because of this...

Ah well, right now it's fixed, and Powers that Be willing, it'll STAY that way!

(once again with the little things... Damn IE9...  It and it's shiney interface...)
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2456 on: April 02, 2011, 12:57:54 pm »

Not slept at all, feeling sick and worried about next week.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #2457 on: April 02, 2011, 01:20:09 pm »

I cannot stress enough how important it is that you get yourself checked out ASAP.  In fact, as soon as you read this, GO.  LIVE.  BE FREE! Cheesy

Seconded
I had a heart scare last year and got checked out (just fell over like I had been poleaxed - no reason). Now I know that if anything is about to blow, it isn't my heart. (and I got to see pics from the cat scan - very cool)

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2458 on: April 02, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »

Rose from my slumbers at half past four this morning, unable to sleep any more. Had a shave and a coffee, wrote some stuff about the poor behaviour of car drivers, went back to bed.

Didn't awaken again until half past ten, and so much I wanted to do!

Went for a hair cut, a little walk around town to clear the tubes....got back home feeling tired out, fell into a chair with some old sword and sorcery.

Stamina is what I need. A bit bottle.

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
Tyrant Seabear
Officer

Horizontal Return Tubular boiler? I barely know er

« Reply #2459 on: April 03, 2011, 03:23:50 am »

Just been out in the shitty violent seaside part of our town for the first time in 5 months, as I'm getting into the taxi some dickhead steals my hat for the second time, so I ask it back again, jokingly, as before, he throws it to his mate, who I do the same for, all of a sudden some other twat lamps me in the jaw, throws me down onto the floor, I get two kicks to the head and my precious kebab is sprawled over the pavement until some nice girl steps in and tells them in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

All in all, a fairly expected end to the night. My jaw is gonna kill tomorrow. GAH.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2460 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:16 am »

I never, ever wear hats out unless I am 100% sure no-one is going to nick it (and even then I use hat elastic and never just rely on good faith!) Mr C doesn't believe me when I say "take your hat off" when we are about to encounter a group of chavs, perhaps someone will knock the sense into him to prove me right. Neanderthals are disgusting, and I am sorry you got hurt!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2461 on: April 03, 2011, 06:59:35 am »

Reminds me of last time I left a movie theatre using the "backdoor."  Some young punk and his friends tried to rough me up a bit and make off with my wallet.  Well, the guessed my cash pocket (I carry my cash and my wallet seperate for just such an occation), and made off with it.  In return, I broke/dislocated/sprain/cracked/not100%sureexactlywhatIdid one of their wrists, gave the other a fat eye, and ended up with a broken nose.

AGAIN.

That was 6 years ago.  DAMN I feel old now!
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #2462 on: April 03, 2011, 08:12:46 am »

Tyrant Seabear, that's horrible. Stay safe. Taking your hat off is a good idea, no-one notices it if it's in your hand. When you're on your own you can't always rely on a stranger to help you. An intimidating looking metalhead sat with me on the train right when a gang of hooligans fixed on me. If he'd got on another carriage, it's unlikely anyone else would help. The Bystander Effect is shameful but true.
SeVeNeVeS
Master Tinkerer
England England

« Reply #2463 on: April 03, 2011, 08:25:31 am »

Just been out in the shitty violent seaside part of our town for the first time in 5 months, as I'm getting into the taxi some dickhead steals my hat for the second time, so I ask it back again, jokingly, as before, he throws it to his mate, who I do the same for, all of a sudden some other twat lamps me in the jaw, throws me down onto the floor, I get two kicks to the head and my precious kebab is sprawled over the pavement until some nice girl steps in and tells them in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

All in all, a fairly expected end to the night. My jaw is gonna kill tomorrow. GAH.

Makes ya proud to be British doesnt it? Roll Eyes

Where I live, also a seaside city, these kinda morons are out constantly prowling for a victim, you literally take your life in your hands if you decide to walk home after a night out.

A few years ago my girlfriends brother got such a kicking he had to have facial reconstruction surgery, all totally unprovoked.

The only good thing is you didnt eat that kebab, they arent very good for you ya know Wink

Hope your jaw doest hurt too much.

~SeVeN~

Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2464 on: April 03, 2011, 08:31:54 am »

Seven...  Bloody... Hours...

I have to walk out the door in seven bloody hours.  Tonight will be another night of next to no sleep, and the morn will be gray, wet, and cold.

Couple that with the fact my pinkey is in a bloody SPLINT, and the morning holds band rehersal...

Damn.

Damn it all.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2465 on: April 03, 2011, 08:38:35 am »

All I would like is 3 NICE FULL nights sleep, without being woken up, worried or suffering a panic attack. Mum and Sister are going into hospital tomorrow, they are gonna sedate sister for litterally a week. She's 9 months old for God sake. Cry
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2466 on: April 03, 2011, 08:39:18 am »

All I would like is 3 NICE FULL nights sleep, without being woken up, worried or suffering a panic attack. Mum and Sister are going into hospital tomorrow, they are gonna sedate sister for litterally a week. She's 9 months old for God sake. Cry
Tyrant Seabear
Officer

« Reply #2467 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:16 am »

I never, ever wear hats out unless I am 100% sure no-one is going to nick it (and even then I use hat elastic and never just rely on good faith!) Mr C doesn't believe me when I say "take your hat off" when we are about to encounter a group of chavs, perhaps someone will knock the sense into him to prove me right. Neanderthals are disgusting, and I am sorry you got hurt!

Yeah the hat was ill-advised, just annoys me that it happened 30 seconds after my friends had got their taxi away, and I had my taxi door open  Angry

Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #2468 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:59 am »

Re:- the hat situation, If any one makes a lunge for mine, I always counter them by saying "Sorry love/mate, but the hat was last thing that my ex bought me before she died" (a very big lie, I know). But, they usually back off with appologies.

TY all for your comments, about my neck et cetera. I phoned the doctor and he says its a trapped nerve (talking painkillers & sleeping tablets for relief) will see he at end of month for a check up.
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #2469 on: April 03, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »

Lashing building supplies onto the car when the bungie cord lets go. As I explained to the optician later, if it wasn't for my glasses I would be in emergency with my eyeball in a paper cup. And this mornig I have to go into work so won't be able to use said building supplies.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2470 on: April 03, 2011, 01:03:56 pm »

Seabear, I've had that happen to me too, a number of years ago - only difference, no hat involved. Turns out the drunken chavs just didn't like the way I looked, and so seemingly I deserved a trip to A&E to have four sets of stiches in my lips and be left with a Deviated septum. I still can't breath properly.

SS
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #2471 on: April 04, 2011, 03:34:48 am »

Lashing building supplies onto the car when the bungie cord lets go. As I explained to the optician later, if it wasn't for my glasses I would be in emergency with my eyeball in a paper cup. And this mornig I have to go into work so won't be able to use said building supplies.

THROW OUT THE BUNGIE CORDS. As you've just discovered, they are really bloody dangerous. My da's a builder, and insists that they're one of the most dangerous things on a construction site; bad enough that he's banned them from all his sites. Get yourself some ratchet straps instead.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2472 on: April 04, 2011, 04:22:25 am »

I wish you and yours the best in this...  Will be keeping your sis in my prayers (my niece had a similar experiance when she was that age-she was born with a rare genetic condition and they have to keep her sedated the entire time she's in due to IV lines etc...).

My gah today:  Feaver's up, wife's having to do all the work, daughter's got a cold, and parents are driving me up my everloving wall.

On the bright side:  We've narrowd down what I have!  It's either bacterial infection in my heart, bacterial infection in my...  er...  manly bits, the flu, or strep.  None are exactly what I'd call plesent.  Is it wrong that I'm hoping for the flu?
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2473 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:02 am »

Baby Sister and Mum went into hospital today.

Never felt more alone, both in reality (as my home is now empty) and emotionally.
Tyrant Seabear
Officer

« Reply #2474 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:06 am »

THROW OUT THE BUNGIE CORDS. As you've just discovered, they are really bloody dangerous. My da's a builder, and insists that they're one of the most dangerous things on a construction site; bad enough that he's banned them from all his sites. Get yourself some ratchet straps instead.

QFT- bungie cords are terrifying.

GAHHH today? I'm absolutely skint for the next two weeks -___-
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: