The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 03, 2020, 04:19:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day" Thread II  (Read 159091 times)
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2450 on: April 15, 2011, 02:06:17 am »

So anyway - that day I was having yesterday that was a bit 'meh' with some 'okay' here and there...

Left work, began the tedious drive across town to pick up an antique cast iron table my wife purchased off eBay for our shop, sat in traffic jams for ages, cleared traffic for a bit and ...

BANG!

Blew the crap out of the exhaust system on the car - either the muffler or the catalytic converter (I hope it is not the expensive catalytic converter) and left a trail of scrap metal on the road and was left with a car with very little compression and had to limp to the house to pick up the table and them limp home (luckily traffic was crap so there was never any need to get over 40).

So now I am waiting for a call from the mechanic...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:08:10 am by maduncle » Logged

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
Himself
Zeppelin Captain
England England

swordsman, gastronaught, adventurer and rake

nigelwheeler
« Reply #2451 on: April 15, 2011, 09:14:32 am »

So anyway - that day I was having yesterday that was a bit 'meh' with some 'okay' here and there...

Left work, began the tedious drive across town to pick up an antique cast iron table my wife purchased off eBay for our shop, sat in traffic jams for ages, cleared traffic for a bit and ...

BANG!

Blew the crap out of the exhaust system on the car - either the muffler or the catalytic converter (I hope it is not the expensive catalytic converter) and left a trail of scrap metal on the road and was left with a car with very little compression and had to limp to the house to pick up the table and them limp home (luckily traffic was crap so there was never any need to get over 40).

So now I am waiting for a call from the mechanic...

that's pants Grin

Click the picture to be magically transported to our FB page.
http://nigelwheelertimedealer.yolasite.com/
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2452 on: April 15, 2011, 09:17:01 am »

If your pants go bang, it might be time to lay off the baked beans.....

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Acheron
Zeppelin Captain
Sweden Sweden

Bastard Man powers, activate! Form of Freud!

« Reply #2453 on: April 15, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »

Staving off clinical depression, but at least I got a nice big chunk of translation done. Now I'm sitting here having my third glass of wine and a smoke on my pipe, and I'm considering a doctor's appointment next week...

'The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.'

- Henry Kissinger
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

How unfortunate...

« Reply #2454 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »

* A hug for Mr Archeron *

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #2455 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:49 pm »

Does that mean a rubbish dump is a pant's dump?

eeewwww!!!

Only if it's a rubbish, Rubbish dump.....

Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2456 on: April 16, 2011, 10:22:43 am »

I don't know, my last 24 hours has been odd. Done ALOT of learning and heard some things I really could have done without hearing. I've learnt alot, and had alot to think about.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2457 on: April 16, 2011, 10:49:56 am »

I'm having the worst hangover ever. Spiced rum is evil. EVIL.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer
United States United States

For God and Country!

« Reply #2458 on: April 17, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

Fighting stress. My dad is sick with cancer and I understand he is sick but he also can be infuriating! I wish I could escape some but my mother needs me....my sister has proven too weak to handle the stress here.....I feel likenim drowning.

Horse Brass
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #2459 on: April 17, 2011, 03:24:01 pm »

If I described my morning I'd have to post it in the Gaahhhh thread. However, by 2pm I arrived at the place I'd intended to be by 10:30am, and got to see and ride behind the oldest operating steam loco in this state. Y112, built 1889.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Not without my hat." - Scott Anger, The Dame was Loaded
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2460 on: April 17, 2011, 04:26:54 pm »

If I described my morning I'd have to post it in the Gaahhhh thread. However, by 2pm I arrived at the place I'd intended to be by 10:30am, and got to see and ride behind the oldest operating steam loco in this state. Y112, built 1889.

Your post reminds me just how badly I'd like to get back into model train layouts...  I've still got a damn nice set of the trains (including the Bachmann "Spirit of 76" caboose...  Sadly, my nephew broke some of the horns of my best loco-I actually wept...), all in storage right now.  I just lack the SPACE for a good layout.  See, I believe that a good layout should be AT LEAST 4x4, but I prefer 9x5.  My grandfather (rest his soul) had a really nice 2x10 display set up, it was a seires of tracks in a straight line, on a hillside (of no particular scale), with the largest scale he owned at the top, going all the way down to N scale.  Had three sets of HO in the middle, as that was his preferred scale (as it is mine).  One of my buddies really got into the N scale of things, but he lost interest when he was old enough to play paintball.

Now my day is sad...  I need to clean out the junk room-the local city dump is open tomorrow, I'll have to get on it!  It's an 8x11 room, so I should be able to fit a decent 4x8 right in the middle...

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #2461 on: April 17, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »

Not too bad, all things considering. I discovered that if i don't take my pill till about 10 I dont feel half as nauseous  :)but the headache is still consistant  Sad

Went to kassam car boot and get a lovely tiered lacey skirt in dark tan with green lace, a pair of ankle boots in black leatherette with brass studs, a pair of knee high boots in brown leatherette with a decorative buckle, a faux velvet basque on greens and browns (will need boning) and a green and brown glass choker. Spent less then £6 on the lot. I was tempted by a brown velvet jacket but it felt a bit large so I resisted.
Came home, had BBQ and am now waiting for the chicken to finish roasting  for dinner. My Gaaaah is I decided to shorten my corselet as I've lost weight and I shortened it a bit too much. Now have about 4-5" room at the back  Roll Eyes I shouldn't  decide sew when I've had a glass. Ah well, Its a excuse to make the taller one I got the boning for.

I also bought a solid tube of Black Jack perfume from themorbidthemerrier on Etsy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:49:16 pm by RoseOak » Logged

Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2462 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:23 am »

This thread is about to hit 100 pages - soon to be thread MK III  !   Grin

My day has been crap - have had a cold for the last two days, a realllllllly slow acting one. It's taking ages for all the symptoms to appear, I just wish I could get to the end of the runny nose / start of chest infection stage - because this is KILLING ME WITH BOREDOM!!  Roll Eyes

Cant get proper sleep at the moment either, I feel half dead, and have a temperature. Maybe this is actually the start of the zombie plague...??

MMMMMMMM BRAAIIIIIIIIINNNSSSSSSS !!  *drags left leg zombie style*

SS

[Server Prayer]
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer

For God and Country!

« Reply #2463 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55:03 am »

Skynet becomes aware today....
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2464 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:58 am »

I thought I felt something...
Stormcat
Officer

Sir Whiskers, Lord High Mouser and Royal lapwarmer

« Reply #2465 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:53 am »

Went to Hot Topic and nary one piece of Twilight merchandise could be found.  Grin

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2466 on: April 20, 2011, 06:40:42 am »

August 29 1997 came and went. Nothing much happened. Where you got this date from I don't know.
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #2467 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:48 am »

Had such a good day today. D (wonderful guy that I've started dating) woke me up first thing this morning with a quick but sweet text as he was heading to class. I took my time waking up and getting ready. Procrastinated a bit and cleaned my room. And then the kitchen. And then my bathroom. Then I went out, and handed out resumes. Came home when I ran out, changed shoes, and went for a walk in the river valley.

Walked eighteen kilometres in three hours, with a few stops. Pretty proud of myself there. However, I'm a bit sore from pushing myself a bit hard towards the end. Uphill, faster, icy trail. Definitely a good kind of sore, though.

Got home, my dad called. He might have an offer for me up north. I really hope this is it! Up north is where the big bucks are made. Grin

Talked to D after that. We got on the topic of an old MMORPG that we've both played. Of course, once we got on the topic of it, we both decided to make new accounts and play. Well, turns out they really dumbed the game down from the days when we used to play (I started a decade ago... he started seven years ago, both quit about five years ago). As soon as we got bored, we did a bit of trolling, which was completely new to me, and extremely amusing. Then he went off to finish off some homework, and we texted until a little while ago until he went to bed.

I've stopped feeling bad about dating so soon after breaking off a year long relationship. D and I are extremely compatible, and the timing just seems so perfect. I wanted to take things slow, but it's really difficult when less than a month after meeting him, we're already beginning to finish each other's sentences. It's so bizarre, but in the best way possible.

After the disaster that my life became in January and February, I think things are finally coming together again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:02:18 am by Indefinitive » Logged

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2468 on: April 20, 2011, 08:09:59 am »

August 29 1997 came and went. Nothing much happened. Where you got this date from I don't know.

Well I, for one,  welcome our new self aware, if tardy, electronic overlords...

SS
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2469 on: April 20, 2011, 09:05:58 am »

I've spent the past couple of hours trolling a slovenian forum that I used to frequent until all the nice users got banned and only idiots remained. Quite entertaining.

Now waiting for my mother to leave so I can start cleaning without being constantly interrupted with stupid questions.
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #2470 on: April 20, 2011, 02:36:47 pm »

There were train delays the way to my dull but allegedly compulsory 3-hour lecture and a downpour on the way home. Rather than blame the train delays on the weather, I blame the weather on the trains. Goddamn Metro Angry
Other than that I contemplated the wisdom of not attending a studio session. If I had, I could have asked the lecturer to take a look at my lineart, and he would have corrected it for me and possibly started rendering it as he apparently did for others. However I haven't done my lineart, so I think I was right to skip it.

@ Indefinitive - Happy to hear you've had a day as good as you deserve Smiley
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2471 on: April 20, 2011, 06:48:27 pm »

So far it's been rubbish.  I wake up to my bassist having a crisis about our vocalist being out of town until the day of our gig.  After I calm him down, I get a call from Time Warner saying my bill is due in 3 days, and I'd better pay up-OR ELSE!  Or else what?  Exactly.  After that I check my email, and find that I've been, once again, SHOT DOWN for a promotion (see GAAAAAAAAAAH thread).

The only good things today?  My daughter playing chess (not well, and not correctly, but playing it none the less!), her singing the Family Guy theme, and my wife's promise of a homecooked lunch.

And I get to submit dozens and dozens of resumes over the next several days/weeks to all manner of industry, to get out of the sh*tehouse that is Lowe's (all pretense of caring about people knowing where I work are now gone-they've f'd me in the a for the last time.  I will NOT just roll over and take it...  Granted, I dont really see how people knowing what company I work for will make one bit of difference...)!
Captain Shipton Bellinger
Master Tinkerer

Why the goggles..? In case of ADVENTURE!

« Reply #2472 on: April 21, 2011, 07:08:09 am »

...As soon as we got bored, we did a bit of trolling, which was completely new to me, and extremely amusing.
I've spent the past couple of hours trolling a slovenian forum that I used to frequent until all the nice users got banned and only idiots remained. Quite entertaining.

Has the term 'trolling' changed its meaning recently? So far as I am aware it still means something like - "to post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I would like to think that it has come to mean something else, as the trolling that I know is considered by polite folk to be ill-mannered, loutish behaviour - about on a par with the shouted insults and derogatory comments one gets from chavs when one is wearing Steampunk garb.

Capt. Shipton Bellinger R.A.M.E. (rtd)

RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #2473 on: April 21, 2011, 07:34:42 am »

Has the term 'trolling' changed its meaning recently? So far as I am aware it still means something like - "to post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I thik he means it as wandering or meandering around. Its a pre internet meaning for the word
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2474 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:35 am »

*I* meant trolling in the internet terms. But one must understand that the forum I was trolling on has a section called something that would roughly translate as "Garbage dump", which also happens to be the most popular section. (At least now, when most of the users who posted in others have disappeared) And that section is full of trolling by itself. I just did it to show them how to do it properly and have a few laughs. Grin

My day so far ... I woke up 20 minutes ago. Got yelled at. Went back to bed. I'll probably go back to sleep as well.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: