The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 03, 2020, 04:57:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day" Thread II  (Read 159095 times)
David Godfrey Esq.
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Its probably best not to ask really...

« Reply #2425 on: April 07, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »

Pretty good. I finally got round to buying something from BPAL. At half two in the morning. And then I went in to volunteer and spent a very pleasant few hours in the collection locating stuff.

Reunite Gondwanaland!
MatthiasKoenig
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2426 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:17 pm »

I deleted my facebook account as my work threatened to sack me on the spot if they found any posts about it on facebook. It's easier all round this way. You can still catch me through Mr C's account.

Was wondering what I said that offended you Wink

Ah well....the joys of everyonehaving the internet, I guess....where my wifeworks, they have pretty much outlawed all outside laptops, because of the "lack of work" people are commiting.

Destroy the wicked, so the good may prosper.
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2427 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »

My day was brilliant!! - the teenagers were not in the workshop (one's on holiday and t'other has been out onsite with our foreman) the juvenile sparky's off sick, so I had the workshop to myself for the day - BILSS - I was able to "set out my store" (workbench) and get on with uninterupted light building. Working away at my own pace in my own way, taking things at a methodical plod has produced results - LOTS of nice shiny lights built (with only 2 failures - one of my own making - shorted a delicate bit - D'OH! and the other is not of my making but I *think* a dogy unit in one of the lights (An S.E.P. issue methinks) - mind you I'll sort those 2 little problems out in the morning - PLUS as I worked back yesterday I got to get out a quarter of an hour early - Also my "borg box" (small form factor shuttle computer, that has been well and truly hardware hacked) is now talking to me - Oh the joys of UBUNTU software: a little bit of extra code in the grub utility sector and the thing is now stable again - am currently watching the "new" Sherlock Holmes movie!!

As I said a good day!

Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2428 on: April 07, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »

that I can pick up my cranial x-rays in 4 years

Four years!? When I had both my hips replaced some 20-odd years back I got to keep all my x-rays straight away. I have a huge stack on x-rays showing various stages of the processes I had done (the original operations followed by  several revisons and a couple of dislocations). They look quite cool with all the metal bits and screws and bolts. Mind you..I do have private medical insurance and said to the doctor 'can I keep these?' and he said 'sure'. I also asked if I could keep the bits of femur they removed to put the metal ones in and he said "if you want them, sure!"
It's quite amusing when people come to my house and pick up these odd looking, dried out objects from the bowl on the shalf and ask "What are these?" and I say 'My hips'

Well, no private insurance here, combined with the whole ER thinger and the legal requirement for those to be kept in the archives for at least four years, should there be any complications from said injury. Ach well, I set me a google calendar reminder. Tongue

Good news is: I'm getting stitches removed on Tuesday. Already had the bandages replaced with something much more subtle and now just waiting for the last few days, then I'll be as good as new once my hair grows back.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #2429 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:23 pm »

Pretty good. I finally got round to buying something from BPAL. At half two in the morning. And then I went in to volunteer and spent a very pleasant few hours in the collection locating stuff.

I thought BPAL didn't ship to the UK ?

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
The Kernel
« Reply #2430 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »

Spent the day in Court

Coroner's Court, as a witness; rather stressful though none-the-less (at least I wasn't the subject of the case).

Weirdly I met one one my old lectures/tutors from when I was at university in the mid-eighties, also there as a witness!
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2431 on: April 11, 2011, 10:07:41 pm »

Again, anybody wishing to add me on facebook, my new name is Darkshines Steampunk........

I had a boring day in work, insomuch as I had two days off, and when I got in this morning, the stock room looked like a bomb had hit it. I spend HOURS trying to get it half organised on Friday, and all my good work got undone. My half hour replen tiik four hours becuase I couldn't find anything, and at least three sales were lost because the appropriate sizes of stock couldn;t be found.

Ideally what needs to happen is a group of us stay overnight and blast the whole stock room, get things REALLY organised and then set up a system in place where when a delivery comes in, one person will be responsible for puting that stock away in a good amount of time and in the right place.

So I spent most of the day replening, and running back and forth to the stock room to get things for other people Sad

AND some bugger outbid me on ebay by 45p! AAARGH!

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Cubinoid
Zeppelin Captain

Cubinoid and Tixia Loxtonian

cubinoid
« Reply #2432 on: April 11, 2011, 10:39:14 pm »

Excited. We finished mastering the new Moth album "Clockwork Elephant" and uploaded the album artwork today!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Album is due for an Easter Sunday release...

Good day!

We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2433 on: April 12, 2011, 12:50:28 am »

Again, anybody wishing to add me on facebook, my new name is Darkshines Steampunk........

I had a boring day in work, insomuch as I had two days off, and when I got in this morning, the stock room looked like a bomb had hit it. I spend HOURS trying to get it half organised on Friday, and all my good work got undone. My half hour replen tiik four hours becuase I couldn't find anything, and at least three sales were lost because the appropriate sizes of stock couldn;t be found.

Ideally what needs to happen is a group of us stay overnight and blast the whole stock room, get things REALLY organised and then set up a system in place where when a delivery comes in, one person will be responsible for puting that stock away in a good amount of time and in the right place.

So I spent most of the day replening, and running back and forth to the stock room to get things for other people Sad

AND some bugger outbid me on ebay by 45p! AAARGH!

That indeed sucks... Reminds me of my old workplace where, if I as much as took a day off, I had the cardboard storage turned around to the point where it took me 30 minutes to locate a pallet I should've been able to locate within 5-10 seconds. Not to mention the rest of the production hall... >.>

Also, if I may ask, where is the picture in your signature from? I can't quite put my finger to it, but it looks familiar.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #2434 on: April 13, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reminds me of Rodney Matthews artwork.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
The Kernel
« Reply #2435 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »

Despite officially being on holiday I had a post-graduate school board governers meeting in Manchester.
As it's the Easter Holidays I'm lookng after the youngest, so I had arrainged for one of the administrators to look after her during the meeting and to travel in with one of the other governors who lives 1 mile away.
So she and I caught a tram in with my youngest.
The ticket inspector thought we were a family and tried to persuade us to buy a family ticket but apologised when I explained we were work colleagues (and travelling on expenses), but the receptionist at the Deanery phoned through as "its Xxxxxxx, Yyyyyy and their daughter".
She knows us both and really should know better.
Fortunately my colleague found it highly amusing but that could have been a seriously dodgy moment.
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #2436 on: April 13, 2011, 09:55:03 pm »

a mixed day... On one hand, I was offered a place doing a Masters in West Mids History, and Broadarrow Jack, our band, uploaded a first track snippet to facebook and youtube...

On the other hand, work was pants.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2437 on: April 14, 2011, 06:52:15 am »

a mixed day... On one hand, I was offered a place doing a Masters in West Mids History, and Broadarrow Jack, our band, uploaded a first track snippet to facebook and youtube...

Work was pants?

Am I missing a reference somewhere or are we the victims of predictive text?

Today has been 'meh', with small parts of 'okay' in between - I did buy a rather nice lambswool scarf.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #2438 on: April 14, 2011, 07:36:22 am »

Work was pants?

Today has been 'meh', with small parts of 'okay' in between - I did buy a rather nice lambswool scarf.

Pants = rubbish... Must be a Uk thing...
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #2439 on: April 14, 2011, 08:12:43 am »

Work was pants?

Pants = rubbish... Must be a Uk thing...
or the Governess works at a pants shop?  Huh

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #2440 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:45 am »

no, no a pants office.
Yesterday was completely pants. Sometimes it's only a bit pants...
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2441 on: April 14, 2011, 09:36:34 am »

depending on the weather?
Are day's sometimes shorts or skirts?  Wink

Had to look it up:

Definition of pants
pants   
adjective
•inadequate, displeasing, or of poor quality. Possible origin: underwear, called "pants" in Britain.
See more words meaning: bad, poor, sucks, common, generally displeasing

LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2442 on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:30 am »

This is why I LOVE you people. You make me laugh. And you're awesome. (You're awesomer than Jonna Tervomaa, btw) Tongue
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2443 on: April 14, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »

This is why I LOVE you people. You make me laugh. And you're awesome. (You're awesomer than Jonna Tervomaa, btw) Tongue

Thank you, we are here all the time. Autographs after the show.  Grin

@ the Governess.
Pants = rubbish...? So in the morning, you put on some rubbish?
Do you say in the UK:"lair lair, rubbish on fire"?
"One man's pants is another man's treasure."?

there. I think I'm done with the pants pun.
Unless some one has something to add...
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #2444 on: April 14, 2011, 04:13:24 pm »

actually I'm panting for more...
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2445 on: April 14, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

pants = rubbish i think o.o at least that's what P.J. Waller would say (our british english assistant from a village near london xD)
Llrael
Snr. Officer

In it for the lulz.

« Reply #2446 on: April 14, 2011, 05:44:49 pm »

pants = rubbish i think o.o at least that's what P.J. Waller would say (our british english assistant from a village near london xD)

There are villages near London? The mind boggles...

Sometimes I wonder how other dialects manage without words like "naff" and "pants".

Anyhoo, I went shopping today, bought a cardigan and tights to go with an outfit I'm assembling. Discovered that shoes today are naff (See? Good word). They have too much heel or not enough, they're too strappy and don't come in white. So very frustrating. I will just have to wear my combat boots until I can find white mary janes or something similar.
Also, revision is boring and not as interesting as dressing toy ponies up as video game characters.

"I asked Mr Lacey if he'd let me work his lovely machine. He hit me with a spanner."
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #2447 on: April 14, 2011, 06:25:17 pm »

just to clarify, I believe that using the word 'pants' to indicate something that is rubbish or naff originated with the wonderful British presenters Trevor and Simon, who also coined the (probably unrelated) phrase, 'swing your pants'.

And pants don't ever mean trousers over here. Unless they're ski pants, or any other exceptions I may have forgotten about

Today has been really, really pants. I have gained loads of additional work with no time to do it, and will now have to cancel the holiday leave I'd planned to take in May.
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2448 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:10 pm »

Cruising home to Yorkshire from Cambs. with my Sis in her new Audi. Very pleasant, totally uneventful.....except, the devils have stolen the roundabouts off the A1! No more roundabouts! How very unBritish, what?

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2449 on: April 15, 2011, 02:01:30 am »

Thank you, we are here all the time. Autographs after the show.  Grin

@ the Governess.
Pants = rubbish...? So in the morning, you put on some rubbish?
Do you say in the UK:"lair lair, rubbish on fire"?
"One man's pants is another man's treasure."?

there. I think I'm done with the pants pun.
Unless some one has something to add...

Does that mean a rubbish dump is a pant's dump?

eeewwww!!!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: