The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 13, 2020, 07:40:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day" Thread II  (Read 159732 times)
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2350 on: March 26, 2011, 12:25:03 pm »

I feel so 'minor' compared to the agonies and ecstasies (see Darkshines new job) of the previous posts.

Today my day with my wife Tanya was perfectly lovely. We went back to the shop we want to lease and measured it up, checked out the rooms above that we will live in (the shower cubicle in the bathroom has built in ambient lighting, radio and telephone answering service - how bizarre) and then I tinkered on my rocket pack build.

Tomorrow I get up nice and early to go to my favourite regular flea market with a legitimate reason to buy interesting old stuff - because we need stock for our shop!

I am truly blessed.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #2351 on: March 26, 2011, 04:37:11 pm »

Had work yesterday/today. It was okay, although long. The lame part came at the end. I finish at half past two, a good two to three hours after the last bus out to where I live leaves. So I had to walk home. Luckily, I'd thought ahead, and packed comfortable shoes, and my mp3 device. Also, the rain had stopped.
Praise be to the powers that be for little kindnesses.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2352 on: March 26, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »

Worrying development for me. I don't go out much at night- never have, but as night fell this evening I was actually having to convince myself that walking to the local off license in my steampunk gear for a bottle of whisky was not going to get me chased and beat up.

And so it proved to be. And the young guy in the off license was very polite, to the point almost of obsequiousness.

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #2353 on: March 27, 2011, 01:43:55 am »

An excellent couple of days.

Finished work yesterday lunchtime then 3 hour drive to my parents in Malvern. Took dad out for an early evening pint and bumped into a my best mate from school in the pub, who I had only seen once in the past 30 years!

Then train into Worcester for drinks and long chat with SBM.

This morning I wandered into Malvern, where I caught Mrs Van Horne's exhibition (marvellous) and had a good look through the antique/collectible shops, picking up some cufflinks and a corkscrew disguised as a key.

Drove home, rested and then wandered up to the pub for a meal and wine.

Superb weekend annd I still have Sunday to go!
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #2354 on: March 27, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »

Spent saturday evening avoiding anarchists in central London to get to the Prohibition 1920s dance in Bloomsbury, then today we managed to get to the Doctor Who Experience at Olympia- very good, very entertaining, and very good to have a look at the props, costumes and what not, partly from the fanboy side, partly from the professional.

Also, purchased a nice 'vintage' brass gauge for the rocket pack, via ebay.

Good weekend, all told!

Cheesy

Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #2355 on: March 28, 2011, 11:38:24 pm »

I've been awake for two hours. My day is pretty miserable.

S just broke up with me.

Definitely not okay.

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2356 on: March 28, 2011, 11:51:02 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear that Sad *offers a hug and a mug of hot chocolate*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer
United States United States

For God and Country!

« Reply #2357 on: March 28, 2011, 11:53:30 pm »

S just broke up with me.

Definitely not okay.

Sadness. I know how you feel.

My day was great today. I had a good day working about the house and got my exercise. Trying to lose weight and I tried last year with varying results.

maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2358 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:20 am »

S just broke up with me.

Definitely not okay.

WHAT???

That sucks - consider yourself the recipient of many, many hugs from myself (in a purely platonic madunclish sort of way) and your other good steampunk friends here at BG.
Wolfie
Gunner
Mexico Mexico

Storyteller

« Reply #2359 on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:58 am »

A bloody huge fly flew into my apartment this Saturday. I swatted it with a folder. When I came back with the broom, the body was gone.

Sunday I snuck up on it with a lighter in the dark. Flies apparently cant see in the dark. In the light of the flame I saw it fall lifeless but when I turned on the light it was gone.

Today I caught it as it flew with burned wings. I squashed it, wrapped it in paper and cremated it. At first the carcass wouldn't burn but I kept the lighter in place until there was only ash, and then I flushed that ash down the toilet.

It may just have been a fly, but I can now consider myself the only person I know of who has actually killed a zombie. I just hope it didn't bite anyone before getting here or I'm totally buying a shotgun.

I invite you all to follow the development of The Amazing Mechanical Mind Enhancer
http://mechanicalmindenhancer.blogspot.com/
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2360 on: March 29, 2011, 12:15:04 pm »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Indefi...  I hope things get better for you in the coming days!

My day was spent unlodaing two Gawdawefully large trucks, REfracturing my pinky (there's a lovely triangle shaped ding in my splint from a box falling on my hand that, had I not been wearing my splint, would probably have knocked a decent size chunk out of my finger...), and playing Minecraft.

I have constructed a Giant Cobblestone skull that weeps lava.  I feel quite accomplished!

Spoiler: For those interested (click to show/hide)

I also made a giant, lava filled...  uh...  Well, anyway, it's a nice beacon if I'm killed and get lost!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Llrael
Snr. Officer

In it for the lulz.

« Reply #2361 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »

Jury service today. Court seems so much more exciting in Legally Blonde. Obviously can't reveal details but it was terrifically dull. And I have to do it all over again for the next two weeks. Nnngh.

"I asked Mr Lacey if he'd let me work his lovely machine. He hit me with a spanner."
Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2362 on: March 30, 2011, 12:45:03 am »

Fairly dull. Decided I am going to Steampunk a pair of old riding boots . So lots of buckles and straps.
Virginia Vixinoi
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #2363 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:26 am »

My day was cruddy.  I woke up soo sore from too much exercising yesterday which is yay, but boo, the Tylenol pm made me groggy boo.  Was informed they are moving my desk by someone with odious personal habits who pesters me to the point of insanity which was the original reason for a desk move, so that people wouldn't pester me and let me get my job done.  Then I was told my dad is coming home from rehab at the nursing home which is good, but I will need to be home more to take care of him, so my belly dance classes I just shelled out for are now going to be money wasted and now my social life and my exercise regiment is pretty much zilch again.

Dizzy yet? I am.... Roll Eyes
Cubinoid
Zeppelin Captain

Cubinoid and Tixia Loxtonian

cubinoid
« Reply #2364 on: March 30, 2011, 01:00:07 am »

Amazing. Had a lie-in, then went to work; filmed a short film about an angel and a demon in the garden of Eden, avoided the rain by ducking into a pub selling real ale...got the film in the can, then watched a really old film on my laptop on the train home, got home to find a friend had brought two bottles of rather good wine round to thank me for getting him some work as a cameraman, then went for a drink with him and my gorgeous wife Tix before having a rib eye steak at the HG Wells restaurant, then back home to play some guitar with Tix singing...now watching her surf the internet for lingerie...

We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2365 on: March 30, 2011, 03:41:40 am »

I am ready to kill someone/thing.  Long story short, work sucks, I'm positivilly pissed, pardons please.

Upon arriving at work, my first thought was "Oh c**k, they didnt get any of their freight stocked last night."  My SECOND thought was "Oh balls, that means that there will be no room for us to stack TONIGHTS freight...  Bugger all." 

My third thought was, "Oh goodie, I get 12 hours today!"

That was until my direct manager comes in and tears us all the proverbial new one, because there's freight everywhere in the back.  Most of it was left over from last night's 2200 piece fiasco.  He and his crew had hardly stocked any, leaving us with next to no room for tonights 977 piece truck (all freight, no appliances).  So, he chews us out.

What's more, I HAD volunteered to stay and help him out (hence the 12 hours)-until the bitching began.

So, I've come back home, to drink, eat Lunchables, and watch Survivor.  Or play Minecraft...  Dunno yet.
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #2366 on: March 30, 2011, 07:28:24 am »

I spent 7 hours sat in a closed ticket office, just in case a maintainance team (who don't appear to be working at all) needed to use the facilities.  During this time I was effectively paid to read my Kindle.  So having just got home, I'm now off to bed... until the chap doing the neighbour's fence starts up again.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2367 on: March 30, 2011, 08:09:54 am »

Morning all! My day is the anniversary of my birth, and contains presents and cuddles and a tattoo later. Smiley

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2368 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:40 am »

Morning all! My day is the anniversary of my birth, and contains presents and cuddles and a tattoo later. Smiley
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #2369 on: March 30, 2011, 08:12:50 am »

Two birthdays! I only get the one!

Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #2370 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:47 am »

Happy birthday! Have a good day and good luck with your tattoo.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2371 on: March 30, 2011, 08:54:56 am »

Many Happy Returns!

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #2372 on: March 30, 2011, 08:55:34 am »

Today was better. No hangover.

Hung out with the guys in another online community IRC for a while. Went out with my best friend. Came home to find a few surprising messages.

My time spent here has apparently changed the way I post elsewhere. When an argument broke out in a thread on another forum, I told them straight up that I would not be willing to return to the thread because what had been a constructive debate had turned into uncivilized mudslinging, and promptly left because there was nothing useful left to learn from it. Found a few comments afterwards about how much of a coward I was for backing down, but had several PMs from regulars and a previous mod about how mature it was to not let it progress, which made me realize how truly rare it is elsewhere. I wanted to thank you guys for showing me how it's done. A round of applause to you all. Smiley

Also got to play life coach with a friend today. I'm pretty sure that's what I'd like to do. It makes me happy.

Update on the breakup. Shed very few tears throughout the day. I guess I'm still in shock, and am still very angry, but I'm coming to terms with it. Listened to the Rent soundtrack today, and found this: "So be wise, 'cause this girl satisfies. You've got the prize, so don't compromise. You're one lucky baby." Never found something so fitting in my life. I know I'm worth having. If he doesn't know it, that's his problem.

And happy birthday, Ava! Grin
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #2373 on: March 30, 2011, 09:00:47 am »

Today was better. No hangover.

Hung out with the guys in another online community IRC for a while. Went out with my best friend. Came home to find a few surprising messages.

My time spent here has apparently changed the way I post elsewhere. When an argument broke out in a thread on another forum, I told them straight up that I would not be willing to return to the thread because what had been a constructive debate had turned into uncivilized mudslinging, and promptly left because there was nothing useful left to learn from it. Found a few comments afterwards about how much of a coward I was for backing down, but had several PMs from regulars and a previous mod about how mature it was to not let it progress, which made me realize how truly rare it is elsewhere. I wanted to thank you guys for showing me how it's done. A round of applause to you all. Smiley

Also got to play life coach with a friend today. I'm pretty sure that's what I'd like to do. It makes me happy.

Update on the breakup. Shed very few tears throughout the day. I guess I'm still in shock, and am still very angry, but I'm coming to terms with it. Listened to the Rent soundtrack today, and found this: "So be wise, 'cause this girl satisfies. You've got the prize, so don't compromise. You're one lucky baby." Never found something so fitting in my life. I know I'm worth having. If he doesn't know it, that's his problem.

And happy birthday, Ava! Grin

Break ups are rarely comfortable, mine was bad because we had a couple of children, I still shed a tear even now
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2374 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16:23 am »

Happy birthday, Ava!

And Indefi, I'm glad you're doing better!

My day-sucked.  Then I found (through sheer accident) a "free" MMO (I use the term loosely, because all the good stuff you have to pay for-i.e. almost everything you see in my avatar...) that I actually ENJOY playing. 

Is it sad that I get some sick and twisted pleasure from killing Yard Gnomes (I hope the People of the Gnome dont kick me out!  After all, I'm a founding member!)?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: