The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 23, 2019, 11:26:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any steampunk in Alaska?  (Read 2561 times)
uscg_pa
Deck Hand
United States United States

uscg_pa
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:48:06 am »

Huh

Well as the subject asks, are there any speampunks in AK? 

Just moved up here and looking for like minded folks, maybe we could start a movement for a Steamcon North!  Grin

Thus as the British say, CHEERS!

P.S. if this is the wrong place to ask, then please feel free to move as needed, Thanks!

The more exalted the position, the heavier and yet less obvious the burden of responsibility and the greater the expectations of others.
amhlaidgh
Swab

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:37:34 pm »

There are a few of us.

I'm in Palmer, about 40 mi. North of Anchorage.

In Fairbanks, there is the Queen's Arctic Expeditionary Force, who are organized enough to hold meetups and steampunk teas.

In Anchorage, I've heard of nothing organized, but it seems there are at least a few people serious enough to have attended SteamCon in Seattle.

**Edited to reflect correct URLs**
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:38:23 pm by amhlaidgh » Logged

-Jack Horner
quickfire
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:17:02 am »

Reporting in from Juneau!  I don't know anyone else here into steampunk I will be going to Comic Con in July and hope to meet some cool people there. 
quidnon
Swab

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »

I'm in Anchorage - just discovered Steampunk (what fun!), and would love to be informed if something is going on.  I'll be in the Fairbanks area in the latter part of July.  I'll have to check to see if the group up there is doing anything...

- robin
sparky577
Swab

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:03 am »

Discovered Steampunk a few years ago and love it. Making a new effort at getting into it more and more these days. I live in Chugiak. Who's for putting together an Anchorage Group? We could advertise for meetings and such at local antique shops... Any ideas?

Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:35:22 pm »

New to Steampunk in Juneau and considering flying down to SteamCon in November, maybe.

My wife has always loved all things Victorian and reenacting including SASS so she has taken a recent interest in Steampunk therefore I have too.  I am actually enjoying the change a lot since my many fun hobbies have all become hard work.  Once you start refocusing your eyes it is surprising how much of the era is around Juneau.

-Karl
tonymouse
Swab

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Well there is soon to be one more steampunk as I am about to move to Alaska(in the next week I head out), in the wasilla area.
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner

Meleus flecti quam frangi.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:33:59 am »

I'm in Anchorage - just discovered Steampunk (what fun!), and would love to be informed if something is going on.  I'll be in the Fairbanks area in the latter part of July.  I'll have to check to see if the group up there is doing anything...

- robin

Hey, I know you!  If you're coming down to Juneau for Coronet, maybe we can sneak in a little Steampunk time somewhere...

Elisa
also known as Elisa

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving. ~ United States Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 11:35:58 am »

Reporting in from Juneau!  I don't know anyone else here into steampunk I will be going to Comic Con in July and hope to meet some cool people there. 
I know of a few of us here in Juneau who are interested.  Sounds like maybe we need to plan a get-together.  Thoughts?
faolmahealer
Swab

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 03:32:18 am »

Welcome to Alaska! I bet you get a lot more Steampunk events in the U.K.
I am in Anchorage, Alaska. Started getting into Steampunk recently. I don't know anyone else in Steampunk though. I'm in for getting to know others who are into Steampunk.
Huh

Well as the subject asks, are there any speampunks in AK? 

Just moved up here and looking for like minded folks, maybe we could start a movement for a Steamcon North!  Grin

Thus as the British say, CHEERS!

P.S. if this is the wrong place to ask, then please feel free to move as needed, Thanks!
MistressMagpie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:04 pm »

Consider my flag posted? Or something about those lines. For the record, I vacillate between Fairbanks and the capital.

MAGPIE, n. A bird whose thievish disposition suggested to someone that it might be taught to talk.
        -- The Devil's Dictionary

Avatar made with much assistance from Ammotu's artistic talents.
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:17 am »

Consider my flag posted? Or something about those lines. For the record, I vacillate between Fairbanks and the capital.

Let me know when you'll be in Juneau.  Maybe we can plan a trip out for tea or some such, now that the weather is finally cooperating.  Maybe a Friday lunch at the Russian candy store/tea room, or the concert on the pipe organ in the state office building? 

I just found a connection to another small group of interested Juneau folk as well, so it sounds like we may have the beginnings of a small gang of us...

Elisa
MistressMagpie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 04:07:45 am »

I'll be in starting midmonth. Let the plotting commence!
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 05:55:00 am »

I'll be in starting midmonth. Let the plotting commence!

Grin
Yay!

Ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: