The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2017, 06:22:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento Steampunk Society - Northern California group  (Read 3219 times)
steamtopia
Deck Hand
United States United States

At Steamcon

« on: February 15, 2010, 05:30:34 am »

The Sacramento Steampunk Society is meeting every Thursday evening.  All Northern California steamers are welcome to our meetings and special events.    We are also maintaining a calendar of all Northern Californina Steampunk related events.  See:  http://groups.google.com/group/steampunk-sacramento for our calendar and details.

Join our Facebook group to recieve invitations to our special events.  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=169057215417

We will be hosting an official "party salon" at the Nova Albion convention March 12-14.  Please come by and introduce yourself.

Alexander Watt Babbage

Alexander Watt Babbage
steamtopia.net
steamtopia
Deck Hand

At Steamcon

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:23:09 am »

The Sacramento Steampunk Society continues to meet weekly and is organizing one special event per month.  Check out the links in the preceeding message for details of our latest activity.  See also our Google discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/steampunk-sacramento

Participation is open to all Northern California Steamers.

Everyone is invited to attend our September 11, 2010 Steamtrain Excursion from Carson City, Nevada to Virginia City and back.
steamtopia
Deck Hand

At Steamcon

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12:18 am »

After a full year of weekly meetings, the Sacramento Steampunk Society has decided to change formats.  We are now scheduling at least one major event per month and minor events as developed.  We have a monthly steampunk movie night, and are currently meeting twice per month for historical dance lessons.  Join us on Facebook to recieve event announcements and invitations.
SgtPepper
Gunner

Pooh pooh!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:44:33 pm »

Thanks for posting about this!  Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some of the movie nights. 

Sarge
greensteam
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Steamed up from birth

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:05:23 pm »

Good afternoon to the ladies and gentlemen of the SSS,
My family and I are visiting northern California for most of August. We will be spending a few days in San francisco, and then most based from our cousins place in Winters, near Davis.
My son and I are pretty steamed, daughter less so and husband not so much but all will go along with my nuttiness in that direction.
 I have a semi professional interest in the history of engineering. Can the members of the SSS please make recommendations for places of interest?

Thanks
Greensteam

So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all... Surprise is on our side.
Lady Faé Viridian
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:33:10 am »

I was wondering if any Sacramento Steam Society Members were active here. I had a grand time at dance lessons!
Alexander Watt Babbage
Swab

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »

Sorry for not checking this location for messages.  The Society is very active on facebook as the Sacramento Steampunk Society.  We have a very active, full calendar planned for 2012.  Please contact us on facebook for responses to questions.  Link to our upcoming events:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/169057215417/doc/10150251063670418/

Link to the Northern California Steampunk Convention Memorial Day Weekend May 2012 Clockwork Alchemy : http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 03:02:08 am »

Alexander,
How does one find out about the SSS activities without belonging to the evil Facebook?  I refuse to subscribe to facebook, but I'd like to attend SSS events. I did hear of the upcoming tour of Preston Castle in Ione, and plan to be there. I went on their Halloween tour, and it was spectacular!!! I will warn that any ladies planning on visiting Preston Castle need be aware that there are LOTS of stairs.(hard to navigate in long skirts)
I am thrilled to learn of the Clockwork Alchemy weekend!!!! San Jose, here I come!

This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: