The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 15, 2019, 09:58:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Kingdom Register of Interests  (Read 128132 times)
Daedalus Forge
Gunner
Wales Wales

I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it.

DaedalusForge
« Reply #925 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:52 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I'll make sure I look up The Noble and Sacred Order of Gogcogs, though.  Thanks for that.

"The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken."  Capt. Daedalus Dashwood Forge, immediately prior to the Battle of the Weddell Sea, Antarctica.
Maxwell B. Cooper
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Imitation shows a lack of imagination.

« Reply #926 on: July 09, 2012, 12:34:05 am »

Ahoy Mr Cooper, I hail from good ol' norn iron myself, now somehow ended up in Yorkshire. Kept the accent though, with a sliding scale of strength depending on how much I want to confuse people...

Intriguing. Where were you from? My hometown is Ballymena. Also what on earth brought you to Yorkshire?

“One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” – Elbert Hubbard

The Imperial Code of the Second British Empire:
1. Be decent.
2. Carry on.

“If I could create an ideal world, it would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians.” – H. P. Lovecraft
Marasi
Gunner

« Reply #927 on: July 09, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »

Ah yes I know Ballymena. Well, mainly the the car boot sales on Saturday mornings- always an interesting experience. I lived in Newtownabbey, and came to Yorkshire to study. Made too many ties (including job) to leave, so put down some roots here.
Tristian Dreyman
Zeppelin Captain

Inventor, tinkerer, and mechanical artist.

« Reply #928 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »

Ah, fellow British Steampunks! How fairs things after my long absence from these shores? Smiley Any meets happening in the Suffolk area?

"What's that?"
"Hmm? Oh a mechanical lobster."
"Why?"
"Why not?"

mollymole
Swab

« Reply #929 on: September 08, 2012, 07:36:39 pm »

I live in the flat lands of Lincolnshire - between salt marsh and plough.  Any events to take me from my watery grave?Huh
simmo
Swab

« Reply #930 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:57 am »

I live in the land of the twisted spire, Chesterfield that is, hoping to meet fellow local steampunks.
Hobart L. Whitlock
Deck Hand

« Reply #931 on: October 08, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »

i currently reside in stoke on trent, any one else nearby?

Come and share a pot of tea,
my home is warm and my frienships free.
--Emilie Barnes--
DreamHazard
Demoted Temporal Cheat
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #932 on: October 09, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »

I live in the land of the twisted spire, Chesterfield that is, hoping to meet fellow local steampunks.
There's one or two in your area, and there's a growing community in Sheffield that welcomes people from the neighbouring areas

Professor Elliott
Officer
England England

« Reply #933 on: December 05, 2012, 08:51:18 am »

Tristian, there's some steam punk bands in Bury St Edmunds this Saturday ..
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,38253.msg822323.html#msg822323

Ah, fellow British Steampunks! How fairs things after my long absence from these shores? Smiley Any meets happening in the Suffolk area?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:44:45 pm by Professor Elliott » Logged

Dr. Dibble
Swab

« Reply #934 on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

I have only just broken cover as a Steampunk fan, based in Co Durham, and as i run events i've decided to organise an event, Tiffin on the Trinc, in Hartlepool, on board HMS Trincomalee where i hope to launch my first book, a time travel adventure, in the company of a gathering of authors in the Captain's Cabin.
I'd love to find more local steampunks, especially those who would like to come to the Tiffin on the Trinc as sellers, authors, helpers, or just for the fun of the day. Photo ops will be amazing, so i've organised a professional photographer too.

Looking to find other authors to swap ideas etc.

Dr Dibble.
Madtaff
Swab

Wales Wales

« Reply #935 on: March 24, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »

Noon to all

From South Wales ( about 12 miles from Cardiff) though I tend to move about a lot these days Smiley
Prof E P Jenkins
Gunner
England England

Theoretical Temporal Litterateur

« Reply #936 on: April 12, 2013, 03:34:36 pm »

Greetings one and all!

I lay my bowler in God's sweet Dunstable, although I am blessed enough to ply my trade in north London herself. Here's to that!
Boffins Bunker
Deck Hand

Boffins Bunker : Cornwall Steampunk

BoffinsBunker
« Reply #937 on: April 18, 2013, 06:11:16 pm »

Register of Interests

Location Information : Cornwall, Kernow,

Type : Secret Experimental Laboratory (Not Nanckuke former Chemical weapons store!)

Access to files:  Steampunk Cornwall

http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/

Kind regards
Boffins Bunker Laboratory in Cornwall, UK
Prof E P Jenkins
Gunner
England England

« Reply #938 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:40 pm »

A fellow Cornishman, welcome! I've since betrayed the realm and ventured into the land of dragons, but it's always a delight to see the mother county represented.
Boffins Bunker
Deck Hand

BoffinsBunker
« Reply #939 on: April 27, 2013, 11:49:08 pm »

A fellow Cornishman.

Err, fraid notProf. EP Jenkins. I'm an in-comer from up-country far more moons ago than I care to remember.  Mind you, been here so long I do everything 'dreckly' now!

There is a smattering of steampunkers in Cornwall who I've tracked down by tweeting, but most are a bit nearer the Tamar border than I.

Unfortunately BG seems bereft of others from Kernow, but I'll wave the black & White flag of St. Piran anyway!

http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/
Prof E P Jenkins
Gunner
England England

« Reply #940 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:54 am »

An emmet, is it? Well at least you're showing willing, so there's that. Just be sure to crimp your pasties along the edge (and not the top, you hear?) and there's hope for you yet.

I'm planning a few jaunts into the mother county over the gloriously balmy summer months we'll almost certainly enjoy this year, so I'll be sure to consider local events when choosing my dates!
Boffins Bunker
Deck Hand

BoffinsBunker
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:15 pm »

Dear Prof. EP Jenkins

If you have not already, you may wish to take a short bimble here http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/ in readiness for your summer return to the Cornish Kernow homelands.

As to my being an EMMET (hurrumph) my understanding is, my having lived in Cornwall (& my actually having worked in the Cornish Tim mining industry....when there still was one!) far longer than your avatar pic would suggest you have been on the planet, that an Emmet is a mildly derogatory reference to holiday makers, (ref: like flying ants) & not 'incomer' residents.

As to the entire pasty etiquette discussion, I'm not going there as you appreciate it is a culinary minefield :-

You might enjoy this:- http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/rare-aquatic-cornish-pasty-victorian.html
or
You might enjoy this:- http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/proper-cornish-trevithick-steampunk.html

Personally I never saw a problem with carrots, but then as we have established I am an incomer!

For those wishing a further understanding of the Cornish vernacular;- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cornish_dialect_words     
leon
Deck Hand

« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »

joy old leeds
LadyAdventurer
Swab

« Reply #943 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:13 pm »

Hello one and all!

Lady Adventurer on the loose! I'm just starting my travels from my base in Oxford, and thought I'm stop and let someone know I'm here. You know, just in case I disappear into the unknown, never to be heard from again...you never know....
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

Anyone else in North London / Barnet or surrounding areas?

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Doctor Cogg
Deck Hand

« Reply #945 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »

My abode may be found between the great seafaring city of Liverpool and the Industrial behemoth that is Manchester. Any other soul here about?
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2013, 09:47:18 pm »

Theres a big Manchester group, look up the Cottonopolis Coglective if you're on facebook

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
FenrisWolf
Officer

« Reply #947 on: September 29, 2013, 10:23:22 am »

Yeah - Finchley Central

Fenris Wolf
Iconographic Capturer of Ætheric Personalities™
www.fenrisoswin.com 
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #948 on: September 29, 2013, 11:44:09 am »

Yeah - Finchley Central
We're practically neighbours.
Professor Phineas Brownsm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #949 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:14 pm »

Out of curiosity.... Other than myself.... Are there any others from the place we call.... Croydon?

Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: