The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 16, 2019, 11:51:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Kingdom Register of Interests  (Read 128149 times)
Lady Mina
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #850 on: September 14, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »

Based in  Preston, along with the fine fellows at Transnove Millennium Studio and Workshop and the Haberdash Steampunk Shop.  Any more for any more?

Good lord, you are nearly next door to me and I never knew you existed!  We are in Lancaster and would love to come visit your haberdashery.  What's your address please. Smiley
Professor Bevel
Officer

No, meddle first, understand later.

« Reply #851 on: September 14, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »

Based in  Preston, along with the fine fellows at Transnove Millennium Studio and Workshop and the Haberdash Steampunk Shop.  Any more for any more?

Good lord, you are nearly next door to me and I never knew you existed!  We are in Lancaster and would love to come visit your haberdashery.  What's your address please. Smiley

The Haberdash is on Cannon Street, sharing premises with a giftshop called Kaelia (and while you're down that end of Preston I can recommend the Mystery Tea House three doors along the same street heartily - about four million varieties of tea and excellent toasted treats) - there are a few of my own creations on sale in there and Avon, the chap who runs it, is a capital fellow and a dab hand with jewelry and fob watches.

You know what this situation calls for?  More gin.
Lady Mina
Deck Hand

« Reply #852 on: September 14, 2011, 05:14:20 pm »

My thanks Professor,
We shall be visiting shortly.
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #853 on: September 15, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »

I had no idea there was anyone from on here in my city!  Cheesy

...Gonna have to visit that Tea shop, I loves a good cuppa me.

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
Britishsteampunkworks
Gunner

« Reply #854 on: September 16, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »

My residence is located in a South Wales Valley (at the heart of Britain's industrial revolution 1730 - 1850) in a small industrial town called Ebbw Vale (of steelworks fame..... see images)

][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampunkworks/6152752028/]

][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampunkworks/6152207057/]

][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampunkworks/6152752052/]

Where there's brass, it gets mucky.
Lutras
Swab

« Reply #855 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:09 pm »

I reside along the central belt of Scotland; less than an hour travel to both Edinburgh and Glasgow (awesome for options of events to attend however the transport links around here are less than favourable!).

Wondering if there's anyone else within the same vicinity; extenting into both cities? I can only imagine there must be at least quite a few people around here who might be up some nice conversation, maybe even help me discover more (only just discovered Q.U.E.S.S. and dreams of steam webpages at the same time as this forum) about steampunk culture surrounding me.
GarethG
Zeppelin Overlord
Wales Wales

Wyrd bið ful aræd

« Reply #856 on: September 17, 2011, 12:00:01 am »

My residence is located in a South Wales Valley (at the heart of Britain's industrial revolution 1730 - 1850) in a small industrial town called Ebbw Vale (of steelworks fame..... see images)

/snip

*Waves* from Brynmawr!

Gareth

You, sir! Make an effort!
Britishsteampunkworks
Gunner

« Reply #857 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:18 am »

*Waves* from Brynmawr!

Gareth
[/quote]

Now that's close!
Tamarand
Deck Hand

« Reply #858 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:47 am »

I'm in Lincolnshire... near Horncastle to be more precise  Cheesy
ArmintaFresche
Deck Hand

Gravatar

Darling, call me Minty!

« Reply #859 on: September 18, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »

Nottingham Steampunk Social
A new group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/149446048481895/?notif_t=group_r2j
Please join the group to keep updated on Nottingham events and post your own ideas.
Arminta X

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it" ;-)
Michael Farley
Zeppelin Captain

mgfarley
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »

Ooh, Devon steampunks!

I'm in Torbay (but unbelievably busy most of the time!)

Hello!!
Glad to see more Devoner here ^_^

Hi, I'm also from God's Other Own County, Devon. Exeter to be precise. If anybody would be interested in meeting up let me know.

I'd definitely recommend the South Devon Railway as a good way to spend an afternoon. How many other stations have thier own otters? However I think the clock is ticking for this because the train hibernates from November 'til mid-February (apart from a few special runs over Christmas and New Year).

I've also found a tiny yet perfectly formed group, Steampunk Devon,  on Facebook, in case anybody is interested.

Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #861 on: September 20, 2011, 01:05:13 am »

Ooo fantastic! us local to exeter peeps will have to have a meet!

lemmie
Swab

Fine purveyor of Tinkermeltrinkets

« Reply #862 on: September 28, 2011, 04:00:47 pm »

Hello All,

I'm not really sure of what to put as I'm new to all this forum malarkey.

I attended Asylum for the first time this year and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm hoping to meet other Steampunky people in my area.

I come from East Yorkshire and am looking to join or start up an East Yorkshire (East Coast?) group.

Any advice and or/help on both using the forums and potentially setting up a group would be greatly appreciated!

*Phew! Done it... My first post!*   Smiley
Maeg
Snr. Officer
Wales Wales

« Reply #863 on: September 28, 2011, 11:29:30 pm »

Ooh, Devon steampunks!

I'm in Torbay (but unbelievably busy most of the time!)

Hello!!
Glad to see more Devoner here ^_^

Hi, I'm also from God's Other Own County, Devon. Exeter to be precise. If anybody would be interested in meeting up let me know.

I'd definitely recommend the South Devon Railway as a good way to spend an afternoon. How many other stations have thier own otters? However I think the clock is ticking for this because the train hibernates from November 'til mid-February (apart from a few special runs over Christmas and New Year).

I've also found a tiny yet perfectly formed group, Steampunk Devon,  on Facebook, in case anybody is interested.

I guess that makes you my nearest neighbour, being a Devon foreigner ^^ Gods own Country of Cornwall this end, Falmouth docks and packet port, to be precise.  I'd also second the South Devon Railway - excellent oportunities for some victorian era photography.

M.
LadyOpheliaGrace
Deck Hand

« Reply #864 on: October 15, 2011, 03:38:21 pm »

Ashford Kent.

My Lord a Gentleman of Kent? Or is that a Kentish Gentleman; I can never remember which side of the county is which. I'm near Canterbury!
LadyOpheliaGrace
Deck Hand

« Reply #865 on: October 15, 2011, 04:43:49 pm »

Doctor When could i perhaps request that a list of names and locations be added to the first post, i believe it would aid members in finding new friends in their area without the need to scan through the last 21 pages

has the list been updated?
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #866 on: October 15, 2011, 05:58:10 pm »

Doctor When could i perhaps request that a list of names and locations be added to the first post, i believe it would aid members in finding new friends in their area without the need to scan through the last 21 pages

has the list been updated?

Ooooo i second this, its a brilliant idea ^_^
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #867 on: October 23, 2011, 01:23:48 pm »

It WOULD be a boon to be able to see folk and their locations at-a-glance as it were, but I suspect it would be just not feasible to implicate. Dr When is the instigator of this thread, not a moderator due to time constraints, and modifying the initial post each time someone added something WOULD be time-consuming.

There are, however, other resources* to search for fellow Brass Gogglers in your vicinty: there is the Brass Goggles map where you are invited to stick a pin in your locale:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2811.0.html

There is the UK Steampunks thread:

goggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21296.0/topicseen.html

.. although your first port of call if interested in events in your area would probably be the Directory of Steampunk Groups in the United Kingdom:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29298.0/topicseen.html

Happy hunting!

*or there's always just running a search by you town/county's name and seeing who and what pops up!

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Cookie_Mnstr
Swab

« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2011, 07:50:55 pm »

Fairly new steampunker here, from the great educational city that is Cambridge. Hoping there are a few more of us in the area.
Octavia Thistlewaite
Gunner

« Reply #869 on: November 06, 2011, 01:06:04 pm »

As a student, I spend 5 months of the year at home in the beautiful county of Cornwall - Redruth to be precise.

The rest of the time I live in Reading. I've met a lot of Reading people already due to the meetup last week, but if there's anyone back home it'd be lovely to know!
Insp. Baskerville Durham
Deck Hand

"Investigator of Heinous Events"

« Reply #870 on: November 09, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »

Ladies and Gentlement. The clue is in the name.
Good day to all.
Aloysius Winterbourne
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Adventurer and Wearer of Fine Cravats

« Reply #871 on: November 10, 2011, 09:25:39 am »

Good day to all.

Welcome aboard, Sir.
I hear that the metropolis of Baskerville is quite lovely at this time of the year.

Don't worry - we'll save you some Strawberry Mousse!
Insp. Baskerville Durham
Deck Hand

"Investigator of Heinous Events"

« Reply #872 on: November 10, 2011, 12:48:28 pm »

Good day to all.

Welcome aboard, Sir.
I hear that the metropolis of Baskerville is quite lovely at this time of the year.

lol  Grin

Yes it is. Leaves falling into multi coloured hues of brown, grass and soil mushing beneath ones feet. In fact Young Baskerville (named after the town not I) is quite enjoying himself getting muddied during his twice daily ramblings.
kaziqi
Deck Hand

« Reply #873 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:03 pm »

Hello there. From smoggy Middlesbrough here, I would like to mention though that I'm more classic lolita than steampunk.
a_lanart
Swab

« Reply #874 on: December 06, 2011, 01:47:53 am »

I'm from Liverpool, though I live in suburbia rather than in town. Still have some interesting old houses around and about in south Liverpool though.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: