The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2019, 06:27:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Kingdom Register of Interests  (Read 128152 times)
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #825 on: July 05, 2011, 12:28:12 am »

Gunner Gregson, Blake and Septimus Grey- I love meets! if we all end up organising a plymouth/somewhere in Devon meet maby we could pick you up and save you an expensive train ticket? I love to have little local meets! I think if my memory serves me correctly there may be a steam train in oke that we could visit and the dartmoor museum but that is all there is here... tis but a little dartmoor town.
Our steampunk clothing also isnt really up to scratch either (Zdan is more steampunk than me.. i tend more toward goth and whatever i feel like wearing)

My steampunk clothing is currently non existent.
Been spending alot of time sorting myself out a car, current one is getting old, in a bad way.
Ive been to Okehampton on more than one occasion. some family members attend and enter the carnival. I remember one year i started foot skating in the car park and nearly broke my leg.
If all goes well with the car i don't mind driving from Exeter and giving people a lift. Be warned though my sense of direction is appalling, and we may very well end up in Kent or Glasgow.

Ananias S. Wildwire

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.
HeikeM
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

aka Lady Bêlit of Bristol

HeikeM
« Reply #826 on: July 05, 2011, 07:31:22 am »

- so far I am attending Voltaire's gig at the Arno's Vale cemetery,

Hey, do you have a link/any more information on this, please?? I'd love to see Voltaire, but can't make it to DV8 so would be interested to hear of further gigs this side of the pond. Thanks!

Yes I have. Here it is http://www.arnosvale.org.uk/index.php/eventsandactivities/222-voltaire-in-concert - book quickly, it is only a small venue. But ever so beautiful!  Smiley

An ideal world would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians - H.P.Lovecraft
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #827 on: July 05, 2011, 11:39:05 am »

Been spending alot of time sorting myself out a car, current one is getting old, in a bad way.
Ive been to Okehampton on more than one occasion. some family members attend and enter the carnival. I remember one year i started foot skating in the car park and nearly broke my leg.
If all goes well with the car i don't mind driving from Exeter and giving people a lift. Be warned though my sense of direction is appalling, and we may very well end up in Kent or Glasgow.

Ananias S. Wildwire

Then your steampunk clothing is pretty much the same as ours! Zdan has a waist coat and pocket watch and thats about it really... As for me well i have mostly gothy things and a small brass necklace watch, so at leaste we are all three in the same boat.
Hehe cool last year was the first time iv seen the oke carnival, we moved here last year or so (mostly so i could get away from family/friends/ect) last year someone did something rather silly on one of the rides lol. i hope you didnt hurt yourself to much with the foot skateing.
I love people with no sense of direction! that way we can go on magical mystery tours!

Blake
Gunner

« Reply #828 on: July 06, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »

Ananias S. Wildwire

Then your steampunk clothing is pretty much the same as ours! Zdan has a waist coat and pocket watch and thats about it really... As for me well i have mostly gothy things and a small brass necklace watch, so at leaste we are all three in the same boat.
Hehe cool last year was the first time iv seen the oke carnival, we moved here last year or so (mostly so i could get away from family/friends/ect) last year someone did something rather silly on one of the rides lol. i hope you didnt hurt yourself to much with the foot skateing.
I love people with no sense of direction! that way we can go on magical mystery tours!

lol, we seem to be a similar group of individuals, my clothing is about the same one pocket watch, a pair of boots (not for long distance, have other boots for that) and a few other little bits that may fit in with sp, have a few goth items but not alot.

My sense of direction is ok, aslong as i don't second guess myself that tends to be my achilles heel and I can end up in either an unusual place or taking twice aslong, as my friend near falmouth recently found out.

I dont mind travelling for a meet not sure where's good though as haven't had much of a look, came across
although haven't had much of a look at it, there are also a number of nt houses etc in devon, aswell as alot of ordinary places.

silly on one of the rides? I think I can guess although there are a number possibilities.

lost in thought, not vacated the premises.
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #829 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »

Ananias S. Wildwire

lol, we seem to be a similar group of individuals, my clothing is about the same one pocket watch, a pair of boots (not for long distance, have other boots for that) and a few other little bits that may fit in with sp, have a few goth items but not alot.

My sense of direction is ok, aslong as i don't second guess myself that tends to be my achilles heel and I can end up in either an unusual place or taking twice aslong, as my friend near falmouth recently found out.

I dont mind travelling for a meet not sure where's good though as haven't had much of a look, came across
although haven't had much of a look at it, there are also a number of nt houses etc in devon, aswell as alot of ordinary places.

silly on one of the rides? I think I can guess although there are a number possibilities.

Ooo steam train!
Im glad we arent the only ones who dont have alot.
We should definatly orgainise a little meet even if its only coffe in exeter and looking around the charity shops ^_^
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #830 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25:41 pm »

Ananias S. Wildwire

Ooo steam train!
Im glad we arent the only ones who dont have alot.
We should definatly orgainise a little meet even if its only coffe in exeter and looking around the charity shops ^_^

lol, the fact you get to ride on it appealled to me, never seem to have much luck with the c.s's although thats in the plymouth ones, seem to have better luck wih books. Exeter may prove better. We'll have to have a little think and see if we can come up with anything if not the coffee in exeter sounds like a good idea.
Theophilus Fox
Gunner
England England

I say, you there!

« Reply #831 on: July 13, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »

Ooh, Devon steampunks!

I'm in Torbay (but unbelievably busy most of the time!)

I remain, sir,

Your obedient servant,

Theophilus Fox
Department of Unusual Activity
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #832 on: July 13, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »

Ooh, Devon steampunks!

Greetings Ed

I heard you had joined BG from a mutual acquaintance here.

Hope you are still enjoying your Bonavanture in the South West.

With regards from the Senior Service.

Theophilus Fox
Gunner
England England

I say, you there!

« Reply #833 on: July 13, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »

My dear fellow, a pleasure to see you!

I've been a lurker/occasional poster here for some time (I'd post more often, but I rarely have anything worth saying).

There do seem to be plenty of familiar faces in this establishment...
Lady Pankhurst
Deck Hand

« Reply #834 on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:07 am »

I reside in the town of Grimsby, I know not a brilliant place, but it has its charms!
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #835 on: August 05, 2011, 11:33:04 pm »

Ooh, Devon steampunks!

Hello!!
Glad to see more Devoner here ^_^
VincentSM
Deck Hand

« Reply #836 on: August 18, 2011, 09:56:43 am »

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new on the scene and am wondering where the nearest groups would be to the Bognor/Chichester area.
thanks
Vincent

Any passing resemblance to Rembandt Van Steam is purely coincidental
liredinsun
Deck Hand

« Reply #837 on: August 23, 2011, 02:16:43 pm »

I'm based in south cheshire, that puts me in easy reach of manchedster, birmingham, wrexham, i could travel to nottingham without much of a grumble, as an idea for the future, why not commendeer a camp site and have a long weekend being splendid, whilst being kiind to those farthings lol. 

I shall forthwith be know as 'DeLorean Gray'
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #838 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:49 am »

Liredinsun,

We have had some most excellent camps this year and last. A group of us camped near Masham in June. We had a day visit to the Secret Garden. A little chilly in the evenings, but a lot of fun. July saw the annual Crich campout at the Edwardian weekend. The foot and mouth paraded and the Lady Suffragettes made sure all knew about 'votes for women'. There was a small camp at Errdig as well.

We have also camped at a couple of steam rallies. Next year we have already been invited to camp and have free entry to one in Oxfordshire. Just awaiting detail and date.

So it is something quite a lot of us have enjoyed.

If you have an idea of a nice site and something to do while st in the area, please share with us. We are always looking for places to visit in different areas, and with any steampunk you want to come and join in.

These events are useually posted in Geographical U.K. Hope to see you again soon.
L.E.
BB BlackDog
Officer

aka lieutenant Jager Schnitzel

bbblackdog
« Reply #839 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

I have a couple of Acres, (insert rude joke here).
and close to 2 steam railways, Crich tramway musuem, and the Industrial museums of the Derwent Valley world Heritage site.
(and a good real ale Local)
Would be happy to host a Camp trip.

Links to my Band "BB BlackDog"'s website's WWW.steampunkrecords.COM/BBBLACKDOGUK
WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/BBBLACKDOG            
WWW.BBBLACKDOG.EU
Just call me Rob
Zeppelin Admiral

Captain: RD Susurrus

« Reply #840 on: August 26, 2011, 01:12:53 pm »

I'm sure it's an oversight on my part.
But…
I was looking on The Asylum official site for details about the Sunday Clandestine Market and I couldn't find anything?

Are there any details on there?
Is it still going ahead?

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting aiw kwacken.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #841 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:21 pm »

I'm sure it's an oversight on my part.
But…
I was looking on The Asylum official site for details about the Sunday Clandestine Market and I couldn't find anything?

Are there any details on there?
Is it still going ahead?

Shhh! It's clandestine.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #842 on: August 26, 2011, 01:39:11 pm »

Shhh! It's clandestine.

Quite right.  We need to be very careful in case the authorities get wind of it...

IS that why you have posted on "UK Register of Interests" instead of the Asylum thread?

(The secret meeting will be posted at The Asylum but look out for it for Sunday afternoon...shhhh don't tell anyone who might blab)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:41:28 pm by TimeTinker » Logged

BE SPLENDID!
Just call me Rob
Zeppelin Admiral

Captain: RD Susurrus

« Reply #843 on: August 26, 2011, 02:35:09 pm »

IS that why you have posted on "UK Register of Interests" instead of the Asylum thread?

Yes. Yes of course.
It was cunningly disguised as incompetence and blindly clicking the top sticky thread without reading it, but was in fact cunning subterfuge.

SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #844 on: August 26, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

The Illicit Market:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm here to register my interest to acquiring as many goodies as possible, ideally from within the UK, so it's all perfectly relevant.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #845 on: August 26, 2011, 05:20:08 pm »

I am afraid that the timings are going to have to change on the illicit market due to the constraints put upon us by the venue for setting the hall etc.  The market will take place and it will be on Sunday but it is likely to be a little later in the day.  (Product of final site meeting last Friday.)
lightningslim
Gunner
Wales Wales

the only thing worse than being a steampunk is...

« Reply #846 on: September 07, 2011, 05:08:33 am »

Just to register myself...

I'm in Cardiff, anyone else?
(Yes, I know that there are other people in Cardiff, but I mean REAL People!) Smiley

Lord Richard Nightingale - AKA Lightningslim
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #847 on: September 07, 2011, 08:09:13 am »

*waves* We are!

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
lightningslim
Gunner
Wales Wales

the only thing worse than being a steampunk is...

« Reply #848 on: September 07, 2011, 03:21:57 pm »

*Waves back*      Cool
Good day to you!
Are there only us three then?
Or do you frequent some secluded den where massed ranks of like minded ladies and gentlemen partake of beverages and steamy plots of world domination are hatched?
Professor Bevel
Officer

No, meddle first, understand later.

« Reply #849 on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »

Based in  Preston, along with the fine fellows at Transnove Millennium Studio and Workshop and the Haberdash Steampunk Shop.  Any more for any more?

You know what this situation calls for?  More gin.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: