The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2019, 07:38:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Kingdom Register of Interests  (Read 128192 times)
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #800 on: March 11, 2011, 12:54:47 am »

guess ill post here aswell  Smiley

hello all
i live a few miles outside of Exeter in Devon
i hope to trawl through this page tomorrow to see if anyone else is close

GG

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #801 on: March 22, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »

hello all

GG

Not Devon, but a good few of us live along the coast in Dorset under the banner of the League of Bournemouth Steampunks (look us up on Facebook). We span the caost from Lymington to between Bridport.

Dave
Aloysius Winterbourne
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Adventurer and Wearer of Fine Cravats

« Reply #802 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »

Currently residing in that quiet backwater which is Bedford, within a stone's throw of the Cardington hangers, home to the ill-fated R101.

Don't worry - we'll save you some Strawberry Mousse!
TootlePips
Swab

« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2011, 08:30:40 am »

Bristol calling, We are on that infernal aether web thingie facebook;  "Bristol Steampunk, Airship Pirate and Neo-Victorian League".
We are the crew of Brunels Folly and we welcome new visitors and stray travellers into our midst! 
Join us for Tea on the Common Sunday 22nd...
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2011, 08:48:29 am »

Bristol calling, We are on that infernal aether web thingie facebook;  "Bristol Steampunk, Airship Pirate and Neo-Victorian League".
We are the crew of Brunels Folly and we welcome new visitors and stray travellers into our midst! 

If you would like to get your invitation out to more UK steampunks please post on the "British Steampunk Community" group on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=139909556032928

We try to run a directory of events there for people to keep track of what is going on.

Welcome to BG

BE SPLENDID!
TootlePips
Swab

« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »

Ah thank you kind sir *puts hand out to shake yours*
Have joined your wonderfull group.
Miss Tabitha
Deck Hand

A lady never discloses her sources.

« Reply #806 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:23 pm »

Greetings Ladies, Gents and Automata of all ages.

First, please don't kill me if I've spelled automata incorrectly. I've just been to Waltz on the Wye and you've all exhausted me with your galavanting.

Second, hello. I'm from Norwich, via the Colonies, which I do realise is the equivalent of a particularly aggravating hole in the ground to some of you. I have noted your reactions to colonists this last weekend and I do heartily hope to change and/or influence your opinions in a favourable manner.

Third, I'm a teensy bit long winded with introductions. Didn't know if that was apparent.

Lovely to meet you all this weekend in Chepstow, and do hope to become better acquainted soon.

Your Resident Colonist-In-Denial,
Miss Tabitha

'Most of us are not lucky enough to be asked to tell our stories; rather, it is simply assumed that we will accede to playing a part in someone else’s, and afterwards quietly fade into obscurity. In a way, this has been true for me. I am no one of importance....
...Yet, I refuse to fade silently into the darkness.'
- From the Memoirs of Adonaii LaCastella
(Its authoress: Miss Tabitha)
BB BlackDog
Officer

aka lieutenant Jager Schnitzel

bbblackdog
« Reply #807 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:53 am »

About 8 miles north of Derby is my fine habitat.

Links to my Band "BB BlackDog"'s website's WWW.steampunkrecords.COM/BBBLACKDOGUK
WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/BBBLACKDOG            
WWW.BBBLACKDOG.EU
Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2011, 09:13:02 am »

Greetings, all. I make my living here in Sunny Chepstow (when it's not "rainy Chepstow") and waqs pleased to meet some of you recently at the Waltz on the Wye.

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."
Septimus Grey
Zeppelin Captain
England England

HM Governor-General of the Martian Territories

matthewrdavis85
« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2011, 11:43:28 am »

Ah thank you kind sir *puts hand out to shake yours*
Have joined your wonderfull group.

*Waves at TottlePips from accross the wilderness of Salisbury Plain*

Hello! I shall definitely have to check out your group, I am one of three steampunks (that I know of) in Wiltshire. Brizzle is a mere Omnibus ride away.

"What is it Lieutenant Sebastian?"
"It's the rebels Sir, they're here."
"My God man! ....Do they want tea?"
"No I think they're after something more than that Sir. I don't know what it is but they've brought a flag."
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #810 on: June 15, 2011, 04:02:54 pm »

hello all

GG

We, that is myself and Zdan live in Okehampton which isnt to far from Exeter Wink

Prof Extreme
Deck Hand

Mad Professor.

« Reply #811 on: June 21, 2011, 10:32:48 am »

Sirs,
 I reside in Nottingham the Home of Robin Hood, unless we nicked him from Lincon, but hes ours now, the movies say so, but that isn't our castle.... I digress..

Hello...

Prof Extreme...

Ouch !!
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #812 on: June 21, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »

hello all

GG

We, that is myself and Zdan live in Okehampton which isnt to far from Exeter Wink

WOW i am overjoyed that there is indeed someone so close (closer than most others anyway) I had given up hope. Now i have to make a big push for my steampunk clothing (stop playing with all the shiny toys) and possibly meet up.
Maybe if there are more interested people in the area, we could get together for some fun.
i havent seen many conventions down around here, are there any worth going to?

Ananias S. Wildwire
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #813 on: June 21, 2011, 11:59:00 pm »

think i might have posted on this thread before, down near plymouth, devon.

rather new compared to most on here. there don't appear to be many of us down here in the sw, dotted around in the wilderness. (no steampunk clothing sorted as of yet, should really sort something out about that).

haven't heard of any conventions down here, closest large group appears to be bristol.

lost in thought, not vacated the premises.
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #814 on: June 22, 2011, 01:30:56 am »

rather new compared to most on here. there don't appear to be many of us down here in the sw, dotted around in the wilderness. (no steampunk clothing sorted as of yet, should really sort something out about that).

haven't heard of any conventions down here, closest large group appears to be bristol.

There are a few members from Plymouth, well there used to be. And conventions pop up now and again in Plymouth.
since my previous post i done some searching. i even found a train that goes from Exeter to Plymouth, but cant find a price.
I'm gonna do my best to keep my eyes peeled for the next meetup.

Ananias S. Wildwire
Blake
Gunner

« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »

i'll have to start looking a bit harder, although at the mo I don't seem to have much in the way of spare time. other than a bit of time on here.
Septimus Grey
Zeppelin Captain
England England

HM Governor-General of the Martian Territories

matthewrdavis85
« Reply #816 on: June 23, 2011, 09:48:34 am »

There are a few members from Plymouth, well there used to be. And conventions pop up now and again in Plymouth.
since my previous post i done some searching. i even found a train that goes from Exeter to Plymouth, but cant find a price.
I'm gonna do my best to keep my eyes peeled for the next meetup.

Ananias S. Wildwire

Holla! I might be relocating to Devon for work (fingers crossed I get the job), so although I might be jumping the gun a bit it's good to know there are a few steamy people in the area!  Grin
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #817 on: June 23, 2011, 11:35:27 am »

Birmingham you say?  Why, what a coincidence.  I reside in Edgbaston, though I am often to be found in Clayhanger, just off Brownhills (and in the Wallsall area).

Good grief man, you're practically local.
And I'm quite close by as well, been to wallsall area a few times, and edgbaston too. Nah, I'm in Dudley.I do say we need a meeting in the Birmingham Area, so that all of the people around the area can conglomerate in one spot.

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #818 on: June 23, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

Birmingham you say?  Why, what a coincidence.  I reside in Edgbaston, though I am often to be found in Clayhanger, just off Brownhills (and in the Wallsall area).

Good grief man, you're practically local.
And I'm quite close by as well, been to wallsall area a few times, and edgbaston too. Nah, I'm in Dudley.I do say we need a meeting in the Birmingham Area, so that all of the people around the area can conglomerate in one spot.

To be fair, we do have a fair few at regular intervals (roughly one every 6 weeks- two months-ish).  As for me- I'm shortly to be back in Cannock, so not too far removed...

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #819 on: June 23, 2011, 11:53:57 am »

Oh, right. There should be a local society though.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #820 on: June 23, 2011, 11:57:35 am »

There is, after a fashion: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=112830022111733

Blake
Gunner

« Reply #821 on: June 23, 2011, 10:57:29 pm »

sorry, i'm being thick, you're right there are some members down in plymouth, tried the irc and spoke to a guy (extremely bad with names) and he said one of the others on at the same time was from plym, although he wasn't responding at the time.

Sounds like there's quite a few of us down here, more than I thought at least.

Septimus Grey the more the merrier if you do make it down here.

Will have to keep an eye out for any cons/meets down here or possibles.

Although I did see a thread for a trip to polperro a while back, although think thats next year.
Gloomymort
Gunner

Gloomymort
« Reply #822 on: July 04, 2011, 08:47:42 pm »

Gunner Gregson, Blake and Septimus Grey- I love meets! if we all end up organiseing a plymouth/somewhere in devon meet maby we could pick you up and save you an exspensive train ticket? I love to have little local meets! I think if my memory serves me correctly there may be a steam train in oke that we could visit and the dartmoor museum but that is all there is here... tis but a little dartmoor town.
Our steampunk clothing also isnt really up to scratch either (Zdan is more steampunk than me.. i tend more toward goth and whatever i feel like wearing)
HeikeM
Gunner

aka Lady Bêlit of Bristol

HeikeM
« Reply #823 on: July 04, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »

Hi - I'm a Bristol based steampunk and would love to meet folks in and around the area. Anything going let me know - so far I am attending Voltaire's gig at the Arno's Vale cemetery, will visit the Somerset Steam Spectacular and am happy to join any flash-mob in Bristol on the 6th August. I hope I meet some of you Bristolians soon!

An ideal world would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians - H.P.Lovecraft
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #824 on: July 04, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »

- so far I am attending Voltaire's gig at the Arno's Vale cemetery,

Hey, do you have a link/any more information on this, please?? I'd love to see Voltaire, but can't make it to DV8 so would be interested to hear of further gigs this side of the pond. Thanks!

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: