The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 26, 2020, 07:26:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Kingdom Register of Interests  (Read 138031 times)
Captain Shipton Bellinger
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Why the goggles..? In case of ADVENTURE!

« Reply #725 on: September 15, 2010, 07:58:23 am »

Currently residing in Tamworth, Staffordshire....i know there may be more of us in Tamworth...

Hurrah! Another Steampunk in my locality! Welcome to Brass Goggles, Eliza.  Smiley

Are you by any chance also Fiona of 'Adixxtion?

Capt. Shipton Bellinger R.A.M.E. (rtd)

Phineas Cook
Deck Hand

« Reply #726 on: September 15, 2010, 05:27:01 pm »

Just a quick note.
Haven't had time to read through the last 30 pages.
But would like to say that I am in the Greater Manchester area and was wondering if there are any groups, society's, squadron's legion's or anything else in this area of the great industrial north.
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #727 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »

There's certainly a Liverpool League of gentlemen... i know there are at least a couple of people in Manchester, although I don't know of any group things there specifically...

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk
Phineas Cook
Deck Hand

« Reply #728 on: September 16, 2010, 08:33:21 am »

Thanks Governess.

Let's hope the Manchester SP's will be encouraged to make themselves known.
ArmintaFresche
Deck Hand

Gravatar

Darling, call me Minty!

« Reply #729 on: September 16, 2010, 08:35:05 am »

Sorry if I've missed this already in the thread; it's very hard to keep track of previous posts. Can we have a roll-call of Nottingham and Notts Steampunks so that I can start organising a knees-up? If you're on Facebook, it's probably easier to do through the British Steampunk Community. Ta Ducks X

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it" ;-)
Violet Leigh
Deck Hand

« Reply #730 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:39 am »

Ah, would there be anybody around the Bath/Bristol/Swindon/Chippenham area perchance? It seems a little quiet down this end of the world, but to be honest, I'm very new and slightly unobservant myself, so it's entirely possible there's an rampant dinosaur hunt occurring in my back yard as I type, and I simply haven't noticed the rustling in the undergrowth. Smiley

I promise I don't bite (unless asked nicely) and normally arrive with at least a pot of tea to hand.
Miss Groves
Zeppelin Captain

running out of steam

« Reply #731 on: September 16, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »

there's a couple of us on the other side of the water from bristol, Violet Leigh, it's too far to get to, and there are a couple of people in the bristol/bath area ^ ^

Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 
Violet Leigh
Deck Hand

« Reply #732 on: September 16, 2010, 10:44:02 pm »

Many thanks Miss Groves Smiley I'll have to see if we can't get something organised ...
Miss Groves
Zeppelin Captain

running out of steam

« Reply #733 on: September 17, 2010, 09:15:05 am »

yay for uber epic grammer mistake: NOT too far to get to is what i ment to type. *headdesks*
Mécanicien de Vapeur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #734 on: September 17, 2010, 11:53:01 am »

Ah... I thought I'd already posted here, but t'was the other 'UK Steampunks' thread.

Denizen of Reading, Berkshire here.

Looking across both threads it seems there are maybe half-a-dozen of us in or around the town, sufficient mass for a meet up perhaps??

Mécanicien de Vapeur.
Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Keep out of direct sunlight. Contains scenes of nudity & mild peril. May cause drowsiness. Suitable for vegetarians. May contain nuts.
"Bother", said Pooh as he chambered another round...
Halcogeth
Deck Hand

« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2010, 01:39:19 pm »

Denizen of Reading, Berkshire here.

Looking across both threads it seems there are maybe half-a-dozen of us in or around the town, sufficient mass for a meet up perhaps??

I myself hail from near Reading and would be interested.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #736 on: September 18, 2010, 08:17:57 am »

More West Midlanders have revealed themselves- Tally ho! There was a well-dressed couple who stood with the Birmingham lot at the Locatathon-thingy at the Asylum this weekend- did anyone catch their names? The Significant Other and myself are based in Worcester, so I can usually be found haunting the Geographic forum prodding people into visiting this part of the world, and/or Malvern just down the road with it's vintage clothes emporium, antiques places and frequent Flea Markets.

Can we have a roll-call of Nottingham and Notts Steampunks so that I can start organising a knees-up? ... Ta Ducks X

There's an active crowd in Nottingham, makes me wish I lived a little closer so I could get to their events more frequently  Sad - have a browse in the Geographic, there's a thread started by Tinker about organising regular meet-ups.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
mrmij
Swab

« Reply #737 on: September 18, 2010, 12:48:12 pm »

I also hail form a small village outside of scunthorpe it was suprising to find people in every village leading upto scunthorpe at the asylum if anyone form the area would want to meet upsome time send me a pm
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #738 on: September 18, 2010, 02:13:29 pm »

Hello and welcome to all Steamy Types who have now found this forum,

One of the best ways to meet is to wander over to the Geographical thread and join one of the planned outings. They are all open to all comers, Some involve going to a ticketed event and some just turn up and have fun. Just say you will be there.

If you are feeling brave just state 'I will be at ..... on..... who would like to join me?' This could be a drink at a local pub/tea room or a more organised meet up.

So do not be shy and stay hidden 'I am steampunk and proud'
Looking forward to meeting lots more new friends.
Lady Elsie.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:37:16 pm by ladyelsie » Logged
Mercia Thomas
Gunner

« Reply #739 on: September 18, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »

There was a well-dressed couple who stood with the Birmingham lot at the Locatathon-thingy at the Asylum this weekend- did anyone catch their names?

Not sure if we counted as well dressed but that might have been myself and my mate.  There were also a nice couple from Shrewsbury who stood with us but I didn't get their names either. 
scareybubbles
Swab

« Reply #740 on: September 19, 2010, 03:23:04 pm »

hello all i am in derbyshire and we most defo all get together for a tea party or something after the asylum anyone interested x
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #741 on: September 19, 2010, 03:40:20 pm »

hello all i am in derbyshire and we most defo all get together for a tea party or something after the asylum anyone interested x

I think everyones always up for Tea Smiley

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
AGB
Officer

« Reply #742 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:35 pm »

I think everyones always up for Tea Smiley

And crumpets.

AGB
AKA Jester, and others
Abraham Cog
Snr. Officer

« Reply #743 on: September 21, 2010, 11:12:42 am »

What a wonderful idea.  My good lady, Elisheva Cog, and I reside in the leafy lanes of Lincolnshire, surviving mainly on swedes and turnips - sheep permitting.  We would be more than pleased to meet up with any other human beings.

Abraham Cog
Pinkfearie
Gunner

« Reply #744 on: September 21, 2010, 11:21:50 am »

What a wonderful idea.  My good lady, Elisheva Cog, and I reside in the leafy lanes of Lincolnshire, surviving mainly on swedes and turnips - sheep permitting.  We would be more than pleased to meet up with any other human beings.

Abraham Cog

Greetings from a Scunthorpian Cheesy We have enough for a small army now.

"...the flimsy tarnished-silver light of dawn glinted sharp off the aft smoke stacks of the Anioa's Peregrination as she swung starboard to close in on the plodding merchantman to her east. Quartermaster Nimrod Blampkin was roused from his sleep..." Vice Captain Windles log entry.
Elisheva Cog
Gunner

« Reply #745 on: September 21, 2010, 11:32:40 am »

That would be simply spiffing.  My spouse, Abraham Cog, and I live in  Lincolnshire and are game for mustering.

Kind regards,

Elisheva Cog

Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #746 on: September 21, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »

Hoorah!
Lincolnshire/Scunthorpe types!

May I be so bold as to suggest a meet up for us? I have not yet encountered any other local Steampunks. Would that be a good idea?

Ava.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Elisheva Cog
Gunner

« Reply #747 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:31 pm »

Maybe, if we could find sufficient interest, there could be a meet at Hemswell Antique Centres some time in the future.  There would be lots of interest for everyone.  Some decent places to eat, vintage clothing and possibly a Sunday would be best due to work commitments for most people.  Also, it is fairly central.

Elisheva Cog
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #748 on: September 23, 2010, 12:17:30 pm »

Maybe, if we could find sufficient interest, there could be a meet at Hemswell Antique Centres some time in the future.  There would be lots of interest for everyone.  Some decent places to eat, vintage clothing and possibly a Sunday would be best due to work commitments for most people.  Also, it is fairly central.

Elisheva Cog

Good idea. Something should be arranged.

Ava.
Pinkfearie
Gunner

« Reply #749 on: September 23, 2010, 07:44:58 pm »

Hoorah!
Lincolnshire/Scunthorpe types!

May I be so bold as to suggest a meet up for us? I have not yet encountered any other local Steampunks. Would that be a good idea?

Ava.

Scunthorpe too Smiley We are in the area enmass, how fab is that
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: