Author Topic: TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 19-21 2010)  (Read 6308 times)

Lord Bobbins

• Swab
  • Lord Hastings R. Bobbins
    • www.teslacon.org
TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 19-21 2010)
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:46:25 am »
TeslaCon has begun booking passage!

I would like to formally introduce myself to everyone. My name is Lord Hasting R. Bobbins. I am a proprietor and designer of airships. This fall we will be offering everyone an excursion of uncompromised beauty and adventure.

TeslaCon is a Steam convention with an emphasis on immersion. The weekend is intended to take you back completely to the late 1800's on a tesla powered airship. From the moment you step into the hotel, everything you see and experience will be that of an adventure in late Victorian times. We are currently working with several steam groups from the Madison, Chicago, and Minneapolis areas to bring this adventure to life. We will also be having a Lego Steampunk competition in the art show (details at the site).

Our full website will be up shortly, but for now basics have been set up since November. Registration is also open. Dealers if you are interestsed please contact us through the site or me directly on this site.

Please contact us with any questions. I am looking forward to making new friends and seeing old ones. Our site is at:
www.teslacon.org

Sincerely,

Lord Hastings R. Bobbins
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:54:48 am by Lord Bobbins »
I do all right building airships. My profits keep going up!

Dark River Pottery

• Swab
Re: TeslaCon 2010 is booking passage
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »
I am interested in being a vendor at TelsaCon.  I can't find contact information on your website.  Could you please email information about vending to darkriverpottery@yahoo.com

Historian

• Gunner
    • The Adventures of the HMA Badger
Re: TeslaCon 2010 is booking passage
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:38:48 pm »
Steam Century is happy to be performing at TeslaCon this fall. It is always a special pleasure to be hosting players in our home town of Madison. We hope to see you there!

JCR Vourteque

• Deck Hand
  • The Lord Baron Joseph C.R. Vourteque IV
    • Steampunk Chicago
Re: TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 19-21 2010)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:48:07 pm »
And the Royal Ladies' & Gentlemens' Experimental Madness Society looks very much forward to being part of the production as well!
The Royal Ladies & Gentleman's Experimental Madness Society: "Helping To Alleviate All Situations of General Paranormal Malaise"

Official "Web-Log" of the RL&GEMS
www.SteampunkChicago.com

My novel "The Mechanist" DL it FREE
http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/the-mechanist/755915

Lord Alacritas

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:41:41 pm »
Due to how you named the tickets it sounds very much as if this is an 18+ only even. Is this true or just an asumption?

Gryphon

• Snr. Officer
  • A is for Aether
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »
I have requested admittance to the TeslaCon forum (and am awaiting the results of my application review) because I wish to discuss peddling my wares at your event.  Is this the correct avenue, or is there some other communication path for vendors that I may have missed on your website?

niko88

• Deck Hand
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 07:07:39 pm »
This is definitely worth the drive from GB

Lord Bobbins

• Swab
    • www.teslacon.org
Re: TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 5-7 2010)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 04:41:16 am »

I would like to formally introduce myself to everyone. My name is Lord Hasting R. Bobbins. I am a proprietor and designer of airships. This fall we will be offering everyone an excursion of uncompromised beauty and adventure.

TeslaCon is a Steam convention with an emphasis on immersion. The weekend is intended to take you back completely to the late 1800's on a tesla powered airship. From the moment you step into the hotel, everything you see and experience will be that of an adventure in late Victorian times. We are currently working with several steam groups from the Madison, Chicago, and Minneapolis areas to bring this adventure to life. We will also be having a Lego Steampunk competition in the art show (details at the site).

Our full website will be up shortly, but for now basics have been set up since November. Registration is also open. Dealers if you are interestsed please contact us through the site or me directly on this site.

Please contact us with any questions. I am looking forward to making new friends and seeing old ones. Our site is at:
www.teslacon.org

Sincerely,

Lord Hastings R. Bobbins

Lord Bobbins

• Swab
    • www.teslacon.org
Re: TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 5-7 2010)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 04:41:54 am »

www.teslacon.org

Sincerely,

Lord Hastings R. Bobbins

Lord Bobbins

• Swab
    • www.teslacon.org
Re: TeslaCon is booking passage (Madison, WI Nov 5th-7th 2010)
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 04:49:33 am »

www.teslacon.org

Sincerely,

Lord Hastings R. Bobbins

HettyB

• Gunner
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 07:17:08 am »
Quite excited to be going to this fine affair!  Hoping to make the acquaintance of as many of you as possible.

Gears!
Harriet B Devlin

Eleanora

• Deck Hand
    • The Adventures of the HMA Badger
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 02:36:32 am »
Official clarification: There will not, I repeat, NOT be a Steam Century mystery at TeslaCon.

You may see a few familiar faces, but there will not be a Steam Century event.

groomporter

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • HMA Todd, Combined Highland Expeditionary Force
    • MacGregor Historic Games
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:38 pm »
Just reserved our room and tickets.  :)
If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
-Spider Robinson

HettyB

• Gunner
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:51 am »
TeslaCon was a fantastic time!  Unfortunately I take awful photographs so stopped bothering to try early on.  The outfits were fantastic.  From subtle, to historical to over the top!  Everyone was polite and happy.  And, ahem, knew how to bathe.  For those of you familiar with other fan conventions you will understand how nice the daily bathing was.  We were packed into a very nice hotel into quite close quarters.  The panels were good and had a nice variety.  The vendors had a nice spread of items.  The hotel was nicely situated and pretty and gave good service.  I didn't get to dance at the ball.  It was a bit too crowded and very warm.  Now I know how those Victorians could wear those dresses hanging half off their torsos.  They needed the skin exposure to help with heat exhaustion.   ;D

Really looking forward to next year and making plans for financing and costuming.  :)

groomporter

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 02:10:06 am »
Have to agree, it was a well-run event and even though we missed some of the events while were teaching period games we already pre-registered for next year. One problem with the hotel was the layout, it was a just two floors and very long, so a lot of walking back to our room since our room was in the "back 40" but we heard they are already looking for a larger hotel in the area for next year.

scarletgenesis

• Swab
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
Any news on registration and hotel for 2011? I want to make SURE I get to attend again.

groomporter

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:57 am »
Just saw this on Facebook

January 15th will be the day the new temporary site goes up and you may begin registering for TeslaCon 2! There will be a limit of 650 total tickets, and this will include the Grand Royale memberships.

Wilhelmina Frame

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Chronicle
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:19 pm »
any news about hotel registration? I wanted to go last year and I will not miss it this time around!
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

Agustus Griffin

• Officer
  • 7th Armored Infantry
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 01:40:47 pm »
Ah splendid! I have booked my room. Now to purchase my ticket.
It's a shame there are no Grand Royal tickets left for pre registration sale. I was looking forward to getting an all access pass into the events. I'm coming up from Louisiana and as this will be my first con I wanted to get as much immersion as I could.

Perhaps an opportunity will present itself.
I'm really excited about attending!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:42:59 pm by Agustus Griffin »

Agustus Griffin

• Officer
  • 7th Armored Infantry
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »
Ah. It seems like the issue has been addressed by Lord Bobbins and a soloution is being presented.

This promises to be an interesting voyage.

Maj Heiner Cybersnell

• Officer
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »
Really wish I could make it this year. Wedding costs keep me this year, but next I will be there
Major Heinrich "Heiner" Cybersnell

spcglider

• Officer
  • Fifty characters isn't enough to write my message!
    • Transylvania Television
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 04:24:57 pm »
We are booked on the voyage.  Looking forward to meeting everyone on board!

The Gentlemen's Gadgeteer Society of London will be well represented by myself and beloved.

-Gordon
Professor Gordon Elias Weatherbee, Tinker and Time Travel Machine Repair. All models serviced.

ValancyJane

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »
My husband and I contemplating attending TeslaCon, but we have two children--one who is into steampunk as much as us and one who would be if he were old enough.   Anyways, I can't find much information on children at the event.  Are they allowed? Discouraged? Encouraged?  And what does it cost?  Are they same rates as an adult?  Less?  Free?  Anyone who attended last year and has any insight, your answers and opinions would be much appreciated.
"Steampunk makes me feel like we can rewind the future, take tech in new directions, and wear better clothes." Scott Westerfeld via Twitter.
"Steampunk is...a fish...with a cog on its head"

HettyB

• Gunner
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »
Feel free to bring the children along!  Last year there were steam urchins running about being completely adorable.   One was dressed up as a steam dalek.

Lord Alacritas

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
lol, ya the poor little eliminator ended up locking himself in because this one little girl kept teasing him. If only plungers where as effective in real life