The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 25, 2019, 08:31:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Rhode Island / New England  (Read 1618 times)
Professor_Sinclair
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« on: June 22, 2007, 05:56:17 am »

Fate, and an NSF research grant find me in RI this summer. As the maps are noteworthily devoid of Arkham, Mass. I suppose I shall have to settle for more concrete steampunkish locales or events...any suggestions?

"Professor" Sinclair

P.S. Any Steampunks hiding at URI's GSO by chance?

One's life is only as interesting as one makes it.
absinthetic
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 02:30:41 pm »

I'm living in Boston right now...can't think of any place off the top of my head, but Waltham, MA was famous for its clock-making years and years ago...they were one of the first ones in the world to make machined clock parts, which were much more precise.
Dr von Zarkov
Zeppelin Captain

<Maddest Scientist>

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:14:23 pm »

Have you visited Slater's Mill in Rhode Island or the Lowell National Historic Park? In Lowell, ride a canal boat or electric trolley and tour an entire floor of mechanical weaving machines. Earplugs are required.

The Springfield Armory is an oasis in a city and an arsenal of historic weaponry.

I've posted Victorian bits on this form. click on my name and then view my former posts.

"The fact that I wear the protective coloration of sedate citizenship is a ruse of the fox — I learned it long ago."
– Loren Eiseley
theaterofthought
Swab

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 05:44:37 pm »

Beginning in June, Theater of Thought will kick off a show based on Call of Cthulhu with actors placed all over Providence and the audience has to find them in order to execute the final wishes of George Gamell Angell.  Find more information on the website.  Click the first image with the link to the Kickstarter page for a video.
http://theaterofthought.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: