The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 01, 2020, 05:00:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Utah anyone?  (Read 2715 times)
Mlle Marie
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:43 am »

Are there any steampunks out in the Salt Lake City area?  Or somewhere else in Utah?  Anyone at all?
phang
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:26 pm »

Up until two years ago.

N=R* x f(p) x n(e) x f(l) x f(i) x f(c) x L

So? Where is everyone?
iron_armada
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:16 am »

i am bumping this super old thread just to see if anything has changed in the Ut SP population.
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 12:23:00 am »

ME! So glad to see that I'm not the only one!

~* Lizzie *~

~ Disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi oras moriturus – Learn as if you were living forever, live as if tomorrow were your last ~
iron_armada
Deck Hand

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:07:26 am »

It has been a fascination for me for a long time. But I observe and enjoy from the outskirts.  Translation? I'm a total noob. But want to participate a bit more. Hopefully others are around us. Wink
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:41:52 am »

I am too, so no worries Smiley I hope there are/will be more!
Sir Charles Goodwyn
Swab

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:29:21 am »

Greetings,

I am in the Salt Lake City area, I haven't had a chance to get super into (school and all) but I am here to share the fascination with you all as well
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:55 pm »

Awesome! I'm so glad I'm not alone haha
iron_armada
Deck Hand

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:06 am »

welcome
Sir Charles Goodwyn
Swab

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:47 am »

Well, that makes 3 of us at least. I know I saw people at Anime Banzai last year who tried to do steampunk...but I had to question if they knew what they were doing, to quote Sir Reginald Pikedevant "just glue some gears on it and call it steampunk"
iron_armada
Deck Hand

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:52:03 pm »

Grin yep
Gearworks
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:42:18 am »

Hey, Utah people, I'm in Utah too.  Lehi specifically. 

There is a place for us out there, we need only pick the spot.  Rise up out of mediocrity and let us bring about our own Golden Age.
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16:14 am »

I don't know how I missed that post, sorry, I'm in Sanpete County but go up to your neck of the woods often Smiley I wish we had more people in our area!
Gearworks
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:03:09 am »

As I was told after the fact, there was a Steamcon up in Salt Lake two weekends ago at the Red Lion.  Which means there's actually a lot of us around (though they are not necessarily BG members).  About six months ago I was invited to be apart of a "airship crew" for an anime convention, but sadly hadn't the money to attend at the time. 
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »

I had no idea. How sad! I am still sewing my clothing articles so I likely couldn't have gone anyway, but still it's so nice to know that there are more of us! Where does one learn about these conventions?
Gearworks
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 05:19:00 am »

This might help: http://www.saltcitysteamfest.com/
Luther Primrose
Swab

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

I'm in Utah County, Utah!

" That which is exceptional in life acknowledges no rules, submits to no
coercion; it knows no law or virtue but its own; it cannot be measured by an earthly measure nor bound by earthly limitations." - Körner
Gearworks
Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:17 am »

Oh ho!  That's definitely close by!
WhistleLark
Deck Hand

Anamatronic man with a heart of horehound & taffy

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »

A bit of a forgotten topic, but I may as well pop in.
I'm up in the valley myself, nice to see some fellow Utahns here!

~ Being a Robot, Doesn't make me any less of a gentleman, nor does it make me a Fanbot - no matter how much I may love Steam Powered Giraffe. Many thanks, friends.
Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:52:00 pm »

By any off chance is there any SP activity planned around the weekend of March 10th? 

My lady wife and I are stopping over briefly to visit friends, USU, and a practice on our way to the SteamPunk Cruise by way of Gulf Wars XXII.  http://steampunkcruise.com/   http://www.gulfwars.org/   We will have our SP clothes so it seems worth asking just in case.

When you go to all of the trouble escaping the Alaskan winter you make the MOST of your trip even if it kills you.   Wink

-Karl
Reliem
Swab

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »

The Salt Lake Steamfest is scheduled again for this year near the end of July. I would highly recommend going. I went last year (first year I believe) it was a blast!!! It was pretty cramped for space.. but hey first year planning they didn't expect so many people. It was very impressive for the first go there. I recently went to octopodicon in Oklahoma as well. It was decent, but Salt Lake Steamfest had it blown away for the first year. Again, I highly recommend attending this year! Hopefully I get to go again.
Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 10:00:53 pm »

The Salt Lake Steamfest is scheduled again for this year near the end of July. I would highly recommend going. I went last year (first year I believe) it was a blast!!! It was pretty cramped for space.. but hey first year planning they didn't expect so many people. It was very impressive for the first go there. I recently went to octopodicon in Oklahoma as well. It was decent, but Salt Lake Steamfest had it blown away for the first year. Again, I highly recommend attending this year! Hopefully I get to go again.

Off hand, what are the dates?

Is anyone familiar with this?  http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/events/steampunk-western-film-shoot?rsvpConfirm=1  How far from SLC/Ogden is this site? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: