The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 14, 2021, 03:35:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Steampunks  (Read 91272 times)
TribalWren
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »

Hello all,
   This may be a rather silly question, or my inability to use the search engine, but is there a regular meeting of those who love all things steam in London? as I am now in a poisition where I could attend, mind you my attire would have to be a fine suit as the rest of my clothing is annoyingly uniform.

Hi Captain! And also to The Little Pixie Tailor and any other London dwellers! I was hoping to rally a band of people together to ocassionally meet for social purposes...not necessarily being directly linked to steampunk but just an opportunity for like-minded people to hang out and make new friends etc.

I did set up a thread on this part of the board called The Guild of London Town but didn't get much of a response so I figured people weren't interested. If any of you ARE, however, how about you throw your ideas for meeting places at us and see if we can get a social together?! I wasn't thinking of anything 'official' as such. The VSS is a great band which set up proper steampunk gatherings, so you might wanna look them up- I was just thinking 'casual like'!!  Grin

I suggested going to see a burlesque show sometime cause they're awesome and I enjoy them...but I may be the only one...*cough*! So any other suggestions are welcome!  Grin

Hopefully I will actually get to meet some of you some time... Roll Eyes Wren xx
Galina
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 08:49:32 pm »

Engineer, reporting in!

Currently located in the strange anomaly known as Guildford

I am so sorry... I spent 18 years there before I made my way up to Lancashire. I would say 'the better part of', but I was packed off to school at 11, and so nine months out of twelve found me in Rickmansworth. (Now I wait and see if any fellows come out of the woodwork. Hmm).

Lancaster, here. Not quite by choice, more by inertia. Can't get up the momentum to leave. (My resident physicist appears to be doing his best to shift matters, however...  Lips sealed)
SteamPunkHarper
Deck Hand

Musician of the 'Steampunk' Variety

LadyHawke2
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:10 pm »

Good morrow, good people! Oxford here.

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us!
Madame Jules
Deck Hand

Steampunk without knowing it!

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

Reside in Guisborough now but originally from Merseyside - I know which I prefer! Just wondering if there are many Steampunks in the North East?  Huh
Fee
Gunner

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2010, 09:15:51 pm »

Waves from Northumberland, not too far North of Newcastle Upon Tyne.  Not many of us up here it seems  Cry
Major Dan Badger
Deck Hand

"Is this about his pot plants?"

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 08:08:04 pm »

Here from good ol' Islingtonia, not far from Hackney, either.
Here's a funny fact, I have never met another Steampunk. Ever.
Maybe I shall come along to this meet-up that Wren proposes. However being 14 and with no other older Steamers I know, I shall maybe wait a while.

Major Dan

Major Dan Badger
Inventor, Explorer, Extrodinaire
Recipient of the Golden Cog for Outstanding Bravery and Valour
Mister Griffiths
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:58 am »

Everyone I seem to know lives on the line between Leeds, where I live, and Birmingham, where I am from, so I can generally be found somewhere along that line Smiley

"Me, lie? Never! The truth is far too much fun...."

"Tea, Science, and a better past"
Angel
Zeppelin Captain

Chrome dome, goggles on, dressed all in rubber...

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2010, 12:39:41 pm »

When I'm actually in the UK, home is Grimsby.  Second home is Kingston-upon-Thames, I try to visit as often as possible.

Another from Grimsby, spending a considerable amount of my time in Hull.

"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Buns are obviously not designed for their aerodynamic properties.
Rt Hon Septabarius Cogge
Officer

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2010, 01:07:13 pm »

Waves from Northumberland, not too far North of Newcastle Upon Tyne.  Not many of us up here it seems  Cry

Two?  Grin
elysium64
Deck Hand

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:35 am »

Reporting in for duty..... based in Midhurst, West Sussex halfway between Chichester and Guildford. With regular visits to London, so would be happy to join in with Wren's meet's.
Aurelius 12
Deck Hand

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2010, 11:43:06 pm »

Contact reported!
Message coming in from Norwich, far across the fens, and miles from any other steamers by the looks of things.

Beware philosophers bearing cocktail sausages.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2010, 12:11:48 pm »

Hello Aurelius,
I would refer you to the League of Essextrodinary Gentlemen thread in the United Kingdom Section of Geographical. This is a thread for Steampunks in the East Anglia region.
Whilst Steampunks are a bit thin on the ground in the South East, there are a few of us to be found.

Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2010, 08:38:19 pm »

Residing in the borough of Dudley unfortunately, Quarry Bank to be precise.

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:57 pm »

Chalk up a third member from Staffordshire  Smiley

Cannock Chase, in this instance.

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Lady Effy
Deck Hand

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 05:29:28 pm »

here miss.

I reside in Cambridgeshire but, I originate from the Northern parts of London. Smiley

Try everything once, like they say don't mock till you've tried it-except mullets..mock away!
Dr_Gonzo_Esq
Deck Hand

Flippin' Yay.

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2010, 06:52:10 pm »

Nottingham, I'm afraid...

(If anyone knows of a Notts-based SP group, let me know please!)

Never lick a van de graaf generator; the rest of the band'll get jealous...
Lady Effy
Deck Hand

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:31 pm »

Hello all,
   This may be a rather silly question, or my inability to use the search engine, but is there a regular meeting of those who love all things steam in London? as I am now in a poisition where I could attend, mind you my attire would have to be a fine suit as the rest of my clothing is annoyingly uniform.

Hi Captain! And also to The Little Pixie Tailor and any other London dwellers! I was hoping to rally a band of people together to ocassionally meet for social purposes...not necessarily being directly linked to steampunk but just an opportunity for like-minded people to hang out and make new friends etc.

I did set up a thread on this part of the board called The Guild of London Town but didn't get much of a response so I figured people weren't interested. If any of you ARE, however, how about you throw your ideas for meeting places at us and see if we can get a social together?! I wasn't thinking of anything 'official' as such. The VSS is a great band which set up proper steampunk gatherings, so you might wanna look them up- I was just thinking 'casual like'!!  Grin

I suggested going to see a burlesque show sometime cause they're awesome and I enjoy them...but I may be the only one...*cough*! So any other suggestions are welcome!  Grin

Hopefully I will actually get to meet some of you some time... Roll Eyes Wren xx
i would love to meet up as I'm pretty new to the steam punk scene. I study in Cambridge but, visit North London weekly to see the 'rents n for work.  Could you point in the direction of any authentic looking costume shops? I'm an absolute newbe but, im very keen to explore the sp world n meet like minded people. P.s. I like burlesque too.  I'm a member of the burlesque society at my uni, so i'd be up for goin to a show. sounds like fun.  Smiley Lady Effy x
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »

I believe there are several SPs in the area though due to my own tardiness I havnt met any yet either  Roll Eyes

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
letto
Swab

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2010, 04:16:35 pm »

here from blyth northumberland
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2010, 04:21:26 pm »

We don't tend to organise as groups I'm afraid but there are a number of us in Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Chesterfield, Rotherham and Sheffield and get together fairly regularly.  Keep an eye here on geographical.  There is talk of a get together over easter at Papplewick Pumping Station. (Just north of Nottingham).

BE SPLENDID!
Tenlo
Deck Hand

Travelling Philosopher and Part-time Eccentric

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 09:31:08 am »

Hello all,

Hmm We have a small group of us who meet up just down the Thames from you city dwellers in Southend who meet up regularlyish. If you do organise a meeting I'll see if we can join you
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2010, 01:06:11 am »

Hello all,

I have to apologise as I seem to have completely missed this post.  Living at the end of the Victoria Line I would like to be involved or possible asked to be involved in future events.  I have to state I don't think I would be a "regular" as I do have other pulls on my time, but I would LOVE to meet up with others who feel that wearing a top hat and tail coat isn't a reason to shun me (although it does tend to get me seats on the tube - notice plural, sometimes almost a whole carriage)

As for burlesque, well out of decency I may have to carry two spare top hats - any indication of the hat size  Roll Eyes
Miss Romwell
Snr. Officer

An aspidistra.

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2010, 12:36:27 pm »

Good day!

I reside in Bristol, a city which manages to be both fair, and of dubious merit, at the same time. Just like myself.
macloud
Gunner

« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2010, 01:26:37 am »

greetings from stoke on trent - land of canals, potbanks and [hopefully] saxon loot - stuff you birmingham museum, our saxon loot now  Grin
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2010, 01:25:46 pm »

greetings from stoke on trent - land of canals,

I'm so sorry. I just woke up and have dirty glasses. I could swear that when I read that it said 'Land of Cannibals'. Grin

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: