The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 03, 2020, 09:27:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Steampunks  (Read 83965 times)
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2011, 10:16:06 pm »

Well hello there!

I'm from Bournemouth, Dorset.

Greetings from another in the bournemouth area

Have you joined the League of Bournemouth Steampunks facebook group and do I know you: Smiley

Dave
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:26:54 pm by Engineer » Logged
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #376 on: May 05, 2011, 09:39:00 am »

Hello, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne!!!

Am trying to set up a Steampunk night in Newcastle very soon "All Steamed Up"

OOOh not many steamy things happening up here - we will have to pull together and promote each others events.

I am in Stanley, my fellow cogs are Fiona and Dean and we are putting together the Miscellarium event in Seaburn, August 13th and 14th. Please feel free to pop onto our facebook page and plug your event. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miscellarium/212739705411673

Likewise, you should vist the BRITISH STEAMPUNK COMMUNITY and get your event into the "Events" page
LadyAsprin
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Sabreuse.

« Reply #377 on: May 05, 2011, 11:57:41 am »

Hello, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne!!!

Am trying to set up a Steampunk night in Newcastle very soon "All Steamed Up"

OOOh not many steamy things happening up here - we will have to pull together and promote each others events.

I am in Stanley, my fellow cogs are Fiona and Dean and we are putting together the Miscellarium event in Seaburn, August 13th and 14th. Please feel free to pop onto our facebook page and plug your event. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miscellarium/212739705411673

Is the event accessible by Metro or bus from Newcastle?

Might manage to travel across the border if it is.

There doesn't seem to be many from the Edinburgh area or even Scotland active on the board, so the North East of England might well be the nearest events.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:59:48 am by LadyAsprin » Logged

Only girls fight with swords these days.(Wellington - Duel and Duality - Blackadder III)
MrsDarcy
Deck Hand

« Reply #378 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »

Have you joined the League of Bournemouth Stemmpunks facebook group and do I know you: Smiley

Dave

I haven't and I don't think so Smiley
I'm new to all of this, and I only have one steampunk friend who lives in Scotland.
I'm dipping my toe in this steamy water and finding out as much as I can. I'll be checking out the facebook page though. Thanks!
[/quote]
LadyAsprin
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Sabreuse.

« Reply #379 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »

Have you joined the League of Bournemouth Stemmpunks facebook group and do I know you: Smiley

Dave

I haven't and I don't think so Smiley
I'm new to all of this, and I only have one steampunk friend who lives in Scotland.
I'm dipping my toe in this steamy water and finding out as much as I can. I'll be checking out the facebook page though. Thanks!
[/quote]

Where in Scotland?
Aloysius Winterbourne
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Adventurer and Wearer of Fine Cravats

« Reply #380 on: May 09, 2011, 01:11:00 pm »

Just for good measure, I'm making my presence felt on this thread too.

Hopefully no one will object....

Currently residing in that quiet backwater which is Bedford, within a stone's throw of the Cardington hangers, home to the ill-fated R101.

Don't worry - we'll save you some Strawberry Mousse!
Contraption Pilot
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

Hello is there anybody else out there in South Yorkshire i am in Doncaster.....
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2011, 04:55:41 pm »

The Memsahib and I are just south of Doncaster, there are also steampunks on Chesterfield, Rotherham and Sheffield plus more in West and East Yorkshire.  It is a while since we had a flashmob/gathering in the area. may be about time.

BE SPLENDID!
rhylla
Snr. Officer

The Navigator

« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2011, 07:59:46 pm »

hmmm, how have i managed to miss this thread? anyway...

*clears throat*
*waves a hand*

Here! in South London, not too far at all from Bromley, which I have noticed has been mentioned by one or two others  Smiley

Navigator of the Airship Tartan Crow (and the reason why we generally travel in the wrong direction!)
Bea Beaux-Byron
Deck Hand

« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »

Greetings one and all from Enfield... Depending on who you ask, it's North London or Middlesex. 

I haven't much else to add at the moment, just getting to grips with this startlingly expansive forum!

There are worse things to aim for than notoriety...
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:25 pm »

Greetings one and all from Enfield... Depending on who you ask, it's North London or Middlesex. 

I haven't much else to add at the moment, just getting to grips with this startlingly expansive forum!

Here's me pointing you towards the Introduce yourself thread and refreshing it, not seeing you post and I find you here causing all manner of mischief.

In an unrelated note, you're in Enfield, really?  That's almost spitting distance, I'll be working there Thursday Smiley
Bea Beaux-Byron
Deck Hand

« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »

Here's me pointing you towards the Introduce yourself thread and refreshing it, not seeing you post and I find you here causing all manner of mischief.

In an unrelated note, you're in Enfield, really?  That's almost spitting distance, I'll be working there Thursday Smiley

My dear, I will not introduce myself to the larger world before making the acquaintance of my compatriots!

And yes, Enfield.  I've been here roughly seven months now, and I'm not sure I've seen you in that time, so that's probably why you didn't know.  I work in Hackney, though.
KittieKilohertz
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2011, 12:51:15 pm »

Ooh hello's, I'm in Cheltenham  Wink

Ssh! Or I'll get you with my Ray Gun... PEW PEW!
Lady Euphrasia
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2011, 09:07:19 pm »

Good evening..

I hail from the depths of West Oxfordshire... and jolly lovely it is too!!

We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us!
Captain Ella Thorne
Gunner

MisaBuckley
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:23 pm »

I am currently residing in Bolton  Grin
Septimus Grey
Zeppelin Captain
England England

HM Governor-General of the Martian Territories

matthewrdavis85
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:54 am »

I'm looking at a job that would mean relocating to North Devon (Barnstable area I guess), and I was wondering if there are any steampunks around that way. The job is really good, but I won't know a soul!  Sad

"What is it Lieutenant Sebastian?"
"It's the rebels Sir, they're here."
"My God man! ....Do they want tea?"
"No I think they're after something more than that Sir. I don't know what it is but they've brought a flag."
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2011, 09:18:31 pm »

Relocating usually means you don't know anyone in the area, but don't put your decision down to "Is there steam punks in the area".  After all you can convert them Smiley
Mr Nupkins
Swab

« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »

Good evening, I would like to take this opportunity to announce my presence in West London where I keep a fine stationers!.For what you are about to receive....
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2011, 12:40:31 am »

Hello and welcome Mr Nupkins.  West London you say, are you interested in attending our pick-nick at the weekend
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148828165177184

and ofe course there is the exhibition at Kew Bridge Steam Museum
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24179.0.html

Please feel free to come to any event to say Hello.  You will be warmly welcomed, we are a nice and friendly bunch really.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2011, 08:12:49 pm »

Ooh hello's, I'm in Cheltenham  Wink

To quote Flashman on the March: "As we all know, Abyssinian society is the most permissive on Earth (Cheltenham ain't in it)..."

Worcesterian here, living at the top of the M5, and there's a lively scene in Bristol and events in Bath- there are plenty of us Brass Gogglers scattered around the area.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Septimus Grey
Zeppelin Captain
England England

HM Governor-General of the Martian Territories

matthewrdavis85
« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:40 am »

Ooh hello's, I'm in Cheltenham  Wink

To quote Flashman on the March: "As we all know, Abyssinian society is the most permissive on Earth (Cheltenham ain't in it)..."

Worcesterian here, living at the top of the M5, and there's a lively scene in Bristol and events in Bath- there are plenty of us Brass Gogglers scattered around the area.

@Mary

Bristol and Bath you say? Where do I get in touch with these people? I am one of only three (that I know of) steamy enthusiasts in Wiltshire!

Thanks

Septimus
Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2011, 11:22:26 am »

Hi All,
I'm based in Chesptow and kind of got swept along with the whole steam thing from teh Waltz on the Wye event.

#waves#

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2011, 07:11:25 pm »

@Mary

Bristol and Bath you say? Where do I get in touch with these people? I am one of only three (that I know of) steamy enthusiasts in Wiltshire!

Thanks

Septimus
[/quote]

PM sent.
Professor Oilcan
Zeppelin Captain

Steam in the blood, birthday 10th March,

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2011, 07:21:04 pm »

Hello and welcome Mr Nupkins.  West London you say, are you interested in attending our pick-nick at the weekend
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148828165177184

and ofe course there is the exhibition at Kew Bridge Steam Museum
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24179.0.html

Please feel free to come to any event to say Hello.  You will be warmly welcomed, we are a nice and friendly bunch really.

Don't forget the London & Western Home Counties Steampunk Society :  on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_192784460754535&ap=1 and websitehttp://lwhcss.yolasite.com/

Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.
Lord Were Ironstone
Gunner

Lord of The Headlands

« Reply #399 on: June 17, 2011, 11:42:38 am »

Good day to you all. I myself reside with my good Lady in Ackworth, pontefract in the small county of West yorkshire.

I have regarded myself as steam punk since the Goth weekend in April, where we enjoyed the comedy night at the rifle club thanks to Major Tinker.

Since then we have met up with gracious fellows at The Deep in Doncaster and are very much looking forward to meeting more acquaintances in Alton Towers this coming Tuesday.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: