The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 04, 2020, 12:52:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Steampunks  (Read 83967 times)
Mister Griffiths
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »

Welcome home, Mr Griffiths! I was starting to think you had sort of wandered off...

Thankyou kindly, Captain! I had indeed wandered off, but it was only ever to be temporary. It's good to be back! I'll be back in your neck of the woods the week after next, care for a chinwag?

"Me, lie? Never! The truth is far too much fun...."

"Tea, Science, and a better past"
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2011, 09:20:45 pm »

Good day Hollis, Made it to this illustrious site then.
Regards,
Mr Addams
Hollis Wood
Deck Hand

« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »

Good morrow to you Mr. Addams

A sincere pleasure to make you acquaintance on Sunday, thank you for the warm welcome to the community.  Some small progress on my aviators equiptment this week coupled with a nice auction site win on a pile of clockwork cogs and such.  I very much look forward to meeting you again soon.

Kindest regards

Hollis

The Honourable Hollis P. Wood. Gentleman Aviator and Adventurer
percussion maintenance
Officer
England England

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer!

« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:57 am »

I'm in a little village you have probably never heard of, stuck on the boarder of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.

So you're near Market Harborough? Home of the Symington collection, housed in what was once the largest corset factory in the world.
(sorry, corset geek here.)

Not really that much on display in the Town museum though.  (My neck of the woods too)

"Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so!" Ford Prefect.
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a Tea Cosy does not try it on" Billy Connolly
Captain Shipton Bellinger
Master Tinkerer

Why the goggles..? In case of ADVENTURE!

« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2011, 11:18:54 am »

Welcome home, Mr Griffiths! I was starting to think you had sort of wandered off...

Thankyou kindly, Captain! I had indeed wandered off, but it was only ever to be temporary. It's good to be back! I'll be back in your neck of the woods the week after next, care for a chinwag?

Rather! Let me know when you are nearby and we'll arrange something.  Grin

Capt. Shipton Bellinger R.A.M.E. (rtd)

Tranzient Gallery
Snr. Officer

« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »

You know the Yorkshire steampunk coal-iltion does have quite a few meet ups in the Victoria hotel in Leeds. might be worth coordinating something later in the month.
Also... it is good to hear your back in Yorkshire Mr Griffiths! speak soon

SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2011, 06:39:11 pm »

Has anyone seen the Map recently? You know, the one where you can stick a virtual pin in your location. Haven't seen it for a while.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »

a link for the Map

http://mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/brassgoggles

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Cubinoid
Zeppelin Captain

Cubinoid and Tixia Loxtonian

cubinoid
« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »

Please put the map back when you are finished with it. Things get so easily misplaced around here.  Grin

We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:
Alva Atwater
Gunner
England England

« Reply #359 on: March 09, 2011, 12:55:48 am »

Good morrow! I am here, in Walsall, West Midlands. Have already popped my head in at the Introduce Yourself thread and got directed over thissa way to wave in your general direction also... So... *waves* Hello gentlefolk! I've also plotted my coordinates on the aforementioned map and put it back, with no oily fingerprints!
Mister Griffiths
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:18 pm »

Good morrow! I am here, in Walsall, West Midlands. Have already popped my head in at the Introduce Yourself thread and got directed over thissa way to wave in your general direction also... So... *waves* Hello gentlefolk! I've also plotted my coordinates on the aforementioned map and put it back, with no oily fingerprints!

Hello there!

I myself am from nearby, the Erdington/Sutton Coldfield area, and I shall be there for a few days at the beginning of next week......care for an introductory natter?

Regards,
Mister G
GildedRose
Swab

« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:50 pm »

I finally decided that it was easier to re-register than to wait another year for my lost password link to come through! Abigail Pine here, RoseOak's sister. We're currently residing near Oxford and shocking the skirts off the locals!!   Roll Eyes
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #362 on: March 11, 2011, 12:53:53 am »

hello all
i live a few miles outside of Exeter in Devon
i hope to trawl through this page tomorrow to see if anyone else is close

GG

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.
Alva Atwater
Gunner
England England

« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2011, 01:12:54 am »

Hello there!

I myself am from nearby, the Erdington/Sutton Coldfield area, and I shall be there for a few days at the beginning of next week......care for an introductory natter?

Regards,
Mister G

Ah a local(ish) boy! I don't know how I am fixed at the start of next week at the moment sadly. Do you go to the Birmingham meets/are you going to see the men that will not be blamed for nothing in April?
Tranzient Gallery
Snr. Officer

« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2011, 01:24:42 am »

You know the Yorkshire steampunk coal-iltion does have quite a few meet ups in the Victoria hotel in Leeds. might be worth coordinating something later in the month.
Also... it is good to hear your back in Yorkshire Mr Griffiths! speak soon

Ok there is a meet up in Leeds this Sunday at 1.30pm leeds city art gallery if you care to join us.
Mister Griffiths
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

Hello there!

Regards,
Mister G

Ah a local(ish) boy! I don't know how I am fixed at the start of next week at the moment sadly. Do you go to the Birmingham meets/are you going to see the men that will not be blamed for nothing in April?

I haven't been to any for a little while, but I plan to start again, work permitting! As for going to see the Men, I will again have to see what hand work deals me for that period....it is a particularly fickle beast in my case.

If you happen to find yourself at a loose end between Tuesday and Thursday next week, though, do feel free to PM me! I'm hoping to meet up with Captain Bellinger as well, whilst I have the spare time, actually: paging Captain Bellinger..........

Regards,
Mister G
Captain Shipton Bellinger
Master Tinkerer

Why the goggles..? In case of ADVENTURE!

« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2011, 08:21:26 am »

If you happen to find yourself at a loose end between Tuesday and Thursday next week, though, do feel free to PM me! I'm hoping to meet up with Captain Bellinger as well, whilst I have the spare time, actually: paging Captain Bellinger..........

>click, crackle<
Bellinger here, reading you loud and clear Mr G.

At the moment any time except Wednesday evening looks good for me. Any preferences for venue?

What ho! Atwater, and welcome to a (relative) neighbour. If you should feel like joining Mr Griffiths and myself for a chinwag please do let us know.

Bellinger over and out.
>click<
Redgeekgoddess
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »

I'm in a little village you have probably never heard of, stuck on the boarder of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.

So you're near Market Harborough? Home of the Symington collection, housed in what was once the largest corset factory in the world.
(sorry, corset geek here.)

Not really that much on display in the Town museum though.  (My neck of the woods too)

Sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake here, yes I am near the now well known town of Meerkat Harborough.  I didn't even know it was there, but I have looked it up online and will be visiting very soon.
helenelizza
Snr. Officer

« Reply #368 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:20 pm »

The North East .... Teesside and then the caravan in Hexham ... are there more of us around here?? I hope to see you at Beamish next week Smiley
flippin_gorgeous
Swab

« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2011, 07:11:46 pm »

Hello, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne!!!

Am trying to set up a Steampunk night in Newcastle very soon "All Steamed Up"
helenelizza
Snr. Officer

« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

oh I like the sound of that!!  Smiley
Fee
Gunner

« Reply #371 on: April 16, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »

As a local to the Newcastle area, I'd be up for a night out too  Grin
Miscellarium
Swab

« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2011, 04:39:59 pm »

OOOh not many steamy things happening up here - we will have to pull together and promote each others events.

I am in Stanley, my fellow cogs are Fiona and Dean and we are putting together the Miscellarium event in Seaburn, August 13th and 14th. Please feel free to pop onto our facebook page and plug your event. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miscellarium/212739705411673
bondageboo
Deck Hand

« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:59 pm »

A Shropshire girl here!
MrsDarcy
Deck Hand

« Reply #374 on: May 04, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »

Well hello there!

I'm from Bournemouth, Dorset.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Up