The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 23, 2019, 06:50:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 195054 times)
SashaGears
Gunner
United States United States

Black Market Treasure Hunter

hexinfiniti
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2010, 02:29:09 am »

-sigh-

I....despise...the US school system.

I never had to take a PE class when I moved here, I'm active enough...and now my high school has stuck me in tennis...

that's not the problem, the problem is I don't do the whole changing in front of other people thing, it makes me feel like a bloody sticky STD-infested harlot with fleas on her leg hair....

there's also that we have PE uniforms that aren't allowed to have pockets...this means I'm expected to leave my phone, wallet, and all of my valuables in a dinky little locker in which almost 6 phones were stolen last year....as fricking if. on top of this, it's also assumed I want to take the class?

it's a graduation requirement...someone tell me, why is PE a graduation requirement? I'm not smart because I didn't feel like being a total goober and chasing a small neon ball around and sweating in this godforsaken floridian heat while I think about how terrible my pale as moon legs look in navy blue shorts, not to mention I have thick dark italian leghair which doesn't look good on pale legs which is why primarily I stay in pants all day.

to boot. both my guidance counseler and my father both said the same thing: oh well, tough it out.

=.= I can't do 18 weeks of toughing it out D:

"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2010, 02:34:00 am »

I say she did it on purpose. Oh and she lied to her first child's dad making him think she was the age of consent. The second child's dad has about as much sense as she does,thankfully he's only 8-9months older then her this time. Roll Eyes
 The more this family expands the more i want my own place. I need a job first though. Cry

If my family expanded like that, it would find itself disowned by me very quickly. No offense intended, just my point of view.

I agree look she should of been disowned for that. At the very least my aunt violet would of smacked the crap out of her, and kicked her out for a bit like she did with her oldest daughter Nicky when she got pregnant. Nicky as nutty as she is, is smart enough to have just the one.
 My mom though that's her little baby she can get away with anything. She has had two relationships this one and the last where her "partner" moved in with in a couple of weeks.  They where sleeping in the same bed, and my mom knew they were having sex to. But me when I had my friend Trevor stay over one night a couple of years ago. She had him sleep in the other room even though,  she knew we were both gay and nothing would happen. Oh and I bet she would freak if my Friend Kelly slept in my room if she stayed over.

I didn't mean that *she* should've been disowned. I meant that I would officially distance *myself* from the family had I had a lil sister like that. :s

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Mina
Snr. Officer

Steampunk seraphim, femme fatale

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:50 am »

try having an older sister like that  Undecided
she became sexually active at 15, but thankfully my parents found out and got her on birth control since she was so out of hand there was no way to control her. she had her first kid when she was 19, and now my parents are stuck raising him, with me helping all I can. we all love him to death, but we just don't feel like we should have to take my sisters responsibility. though now that we have him, we don't want to give him up, and we're hoping that since my sister is still unemployed and has another child, the court system will keep the first little bugger in our care.

Sasha, I feel incredibly sorry that you have to take PE and live in FL. my mom's from there and I absolutely hate going to visit her family, because of the humidity and all. as for PE, well, it's a necessary evil. of course, I think it's required because of all the nerdy gamer kids like me that get absolutely no exercise besides walking between classes and typing in the WoW chat box...

Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2010, 03:39:48 am »

excercise is borderline dangerous for me if I'm in a controlled environment, I'm an ectomorph with a dangerously high metabolism and I can't burn a bunch of calories and have nothing to eat, what's worse is it's way before lunch but I'm always already hungry by then...teachers don't care they say I need to be diagnosed by a doctor ._. as if I could afford the doctor. and for some reason I keep coughing now =.=

-rolls over- hate....hot weather, it's winter here and like 80 degrees.
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:44 am »

I say she did it on purpose. Oh and she lied to her first child's dad making him think she was the age of consent. The second child's dad has about as much sense as she does,thankfully he's only 8-9months older then her this time. Roll Eyes
 The more this family expands the more i want my own place. I need a job first though. Cry

If my family expanded like that, it would find itself disowned by me very quickly. No offense intended, just my point of view.

I agree look she should of been disowned for that. At the very least my aunt violet would of smacked the crap out of her, and kicked her out for a bit like she did with her oldest daughter Nicky when she got pregnant. Nicky as nutty as she is, is smart enough to have just the one.
 My mom though that's her little baby she can get away with anything. She has had two relationships this one and the last where her "partner" moved in with in a couple of weeks.  They where sleeping in the same bed, and my mom knew they were having sex to. But me when I had my friend Trevor stay over one night a couple of years ago. She had him sleep in the other room even though,  she knew we were both gay and nothing would happen. Oh and I bet she would freak if my Friend Kelly slept in my room if she stayed over.

I didn't mean that *she* should've been disowned. I meant that I would officially distance *myself* from the family had I had a lil sister like that. :s

Don't have enough money to actually distance myself from them. But I will when i have my own place.

"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2010, 06:27:39 am »

try having an older sister like that  Undecided
she became sexually active at 15, but thankfully my parents found out and got her on birth control since she was so out of hand there was no way to control her. she had her first kid when she was 19, and now my parents are stuck raising him, with me helping all I can. we all love him to death, but we just don't feel like we should have to take my sisters responsibility. though now that we have him, we don't want to give him up, and we're hoping that since my sister is still unemployed and has another child, the court system will keep the first little bugger in our care.

I kinda know what you mean most of my older siblings  from my dads  side of the family has kids, but they take care of their kids. my might as well be adoptive sister Arianna has kids. Arianna had her oldest at 16, and now she's 29 with four kids.But she takes care of them never asks my mom for money because she doesn't know how to properly spend it for their care. I love my neices and nephews even when they drive her nutty. My issue with my little sister is her and the childs fathers maturity level. This is a girl that less then a year ago was keeping her childs dad away from said child for no reason, yet wanted to party, spend th night at her ex's parents, or go upstairs like she earned a check out time from taking care of her kid all day. I love my neice and I'll love my nephew, but i can't stand my sister. I wish there was a disgusted face scrunch emoticon.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2010, 09:34:13 am »

Man, I wish gym class was my biggest worry right now. Seriously babe, you do just have to tough it out, I did when I was at school. The teachers just assumed by the end of high school that I wasn't going to join in, so would let me sit and draw or write. But maybe, just maybe, if you tried, you might like it. Maybe your health is so poor is becaus you DON'T exercise? And it is perfectly acceptable for a young lady to shave her legs, I do. I started when I was about 14 on that sort of thing, and it does help with the embarassment factor. Honestly, you will not be the only person in that gym feeling awkward, I can promise you there will be others who see gym the same way you do. Tough it out, cos when you get to my age you will be trying to pay rent, buy grouceries, be working 40 hours a week and being a grown up. Enjoy it.

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:54 pm »

Man, I wish gym class was my biggest worry right now. Seriously babe, you do just have to tough it out, I did when I was at school. The teachers just assumed by the end of high school that I wasn't going to join in, so would let me sit and draw or write. But maybe, just maybe, if you tried, you might like it. Maybe your health is so poor is becaus you DON'T exercise? And it is perfectly acceptable for a young lady to shave her legs, I do. I started when I was about 14 on that sort of thing, and it does help with the embarassment factor. Honestly, you will not be the only person in that gym feeling awkward, I can promise you there will be others who see gym the same way you do. Tough it out, cos when you get to my age you will be trying to pay rent, buy grouceries, be working 40 hours a week and being a grown up. Enjoy it.

Well perspective is everything and trauma is relative to traumas of the past. Tennis ain't so bad, cross country running on the other hand there is the killer.  I alway found the psychological disposition of PE teachers to be quite interesting. I feel that they were always "holding back" on their rampant sadomasochistic tendencies. They should march out at the weekend get a subby on a pain wheel, delight in the semi-gurgle of them pleading with them through the bull gag and then come back on Monday morning all bright and breezy.

It would have spared a lot of children a lot of pain. Also a lot of haters were good at sports, it could be a very dangerous situation to find yourself in. School generally seemed to be a psychological pressure cooker with no escape. "real life" has different pressures sure but you CAN get away. I'm not doing down lives ability to throw a curve ball, but I can see why Sash is finding a bottled situation to be a stress.

SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2010, 01:24:31 am »

>_> I'm actually a 17 year old boy xD

Sasha is a nickname for alexander(not my name)

eh...it's not that I'm embarassed, I'm diagnosed with severe anxiety based manic depressive disorder which frequently causes panic attacks, it's the thought of changing in general that for some reason bothers me...found an easy fix though, I'll just romp to school already in my gym clothes, that way I don't have to worry.

and I get plenty of excercise Tongue just...school is just..not a good place for me...unlike the rest of my life I can't just chose to abstain from something because I don't like it

and I work more than 40 hours a week already >_> actually I only get saturday nights off every other week, I'm the assistant to the talent booking agent of the hardrock orlando ._. always shufflin' about.

@clym: yes, bottled up is the perfect explanation, often in situations where I can't do something I find meaningful or that benefits me directly, I feel claustrophobic
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:48:44 am by SashaGears » Logged
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2010, 02:15:57 am »

Now say you're Sasha from tranchan and I'll have a wtf moment. (chansluts ftw) Grin *thumbs up*
No.43
Gunner

« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:01 am »

Haha, oh, gym.
Torture, I know. Especially when you are being labeled as the gay one in the locker room. My friends made the experience slightly more bearable though, making it even more awkward for the conservative girls. One friend broke her arm, so she would have me help her get her pants on and off every afternoon. I guess those freshman year impressions are pretty important...
MechanicalMouse
Zeppelin Captain

A tall mouse with huge cogs!

« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2010, 11:33:30 am »

Tennis ain't so bad, cross country running on the other hand there is the killer.

Our teachers called it "Run for Fun".
Admittedly at 6th form (16-18 year, don't know the American equivalent) it took a more interesting turn.  We were told to run alone to 4 points, all well outside school grounds and the route took us past a nice pub. Twice!

We found out why, when we planned to pop in. The PE teachers and our art teacher where in there. They'd jog to the pub (i assume the art teacher drove) and spend the 1 1/2 hours watching us pass it by.

So we went in and could see them at an alcove near the window. They saw us troupe in, raised their glasses and nodded.

So we ordered sat down, the other side of the bar (don't want to be associated with those weirdos in the alcove) had our drink and headed off.

Nothing was said later either. Annoyingly this was 2 weeks before the end of term. Had we had the guts to go in at the beginning of term it really could have been Run for Fun.
Choreocrat
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2010, 01:41:19 am »

There was a time when I was active. In high school, I'd try any sport. I was useless at them all, but that was beside the point. Now I don't have time, and don't make time. I survive with dance classes. If you're going to exercise, do it with style? I wouldn't mind getting back into it eventually, but postgraduate study isn't conducive to it, and getting back into it will be a right bugger.

Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy
Dr. Wilson Montgomery
Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2010, 01:01:17 pm »

It´s strange... I *hated* gym/PE in school with a burning passion, but ´bout a year after being done with school, I got into martial arts and haven´t looked back since. I guess it was mostly the part of being forced to do ridiculous (IMHO) sports that put me off. When I got to choose my own poison  - Wudang Quan Gung Fu - it was definitely another feeling to it.
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »

On the one hand, Sasha, you need to synch up the big boy pants and just deal with it.  High School sucks (I think they do it so the rest of your life you've got something worse to look back on when things get hard) that's just kinda how it is.

On the other hand, don't wait until school's over to learn a martial art.  I went through similar crap in the locker room (I'm about as far from insecure as you can get, but stupid high school kids can turn anything around into a way to make fun of you, so I got called names for being too bold) until I did something about it, and I'm here to tell ya, you fuck up one football player in the locker room and just watch how much easier things get.

It went like this: changing out for PE, shorts around my ankles, this jockling gets me in the classic head lock, with noogie (for you Brits, that basically means he's got his arm around my neck, my head poking out his arm pit, and he's rubbing his knucles roughly on my head), calling out, "What you gonna do now hippy boy, what you gonna do now?"  So I showed him a pressure point we'd been looking at in class, right at the base of the nose at an angle.  I showed him this with the edge of my hand, pressing his septum into his scull, which prevented him from really noticing my leg behind his knee.  A little hard to describe, but when I opened up my arm I basically had a really nice, tight leg throw, with the nose pressure point... into a locker.  Out like a damn switch!  Coach came in, saw it, told me to get the hell out, and spent the next hour blessing out the football player for getting his ass kicked by a "hippie."

(I share this story for comedic value, not advice.  The public schools were a different world in the early 1990s than they are today.  But stand up for yourself, you'll catch less shit.)

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »

actually I'm not bullied, most kids are afraid of me because I look cold and steely during class, and I'm friends with a few of the football players((best friend=sister of one of them, another two want to sleep with me, another one I've known since I was small))

It's just the anxiety disorder that's been bothering me...I got some longer shorts though so I wont be as uncomfortable, and I'm prob. gonna wear some longer socks.

I actually do enjoy martial arts, and I like to run and swim, it's just...I don't like team sports, is I guess what I'm saying, chasing a ball around and trying to hit it is just ridiculous to me xD

>_> but it's ok because apparently my  coach is a lesbian and now she loves me because she saw me and my boyfriend wrestling around at lunch.
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2010, 08:48:40 pm »

Team + ball = suck.

Best PE deal I got was when I convinced the coach, if I ran a mile today, I could spend PE in the computer lab tomorrow.
Isabella Stormrift
Snr. Officer

« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2010, 01:50:28 am »

I guess I got out lucky. My PE classes consisted of changing to gym clothes and drawing comics in the bleachers...
Choreocrat
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2010, 03:52:51 am »

>_> but it's ok because apparently my  coach is a lesbian and now she loves me because she saw me and my boyfriend wrestling around at lunch.
Ya huh. Wrestling...
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2010, 01:44:46 pm »

Ya huh. Wrestling...

wrestling= making out Grin

Something i haven't done since may. Sad
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »

I think i'm going to fish out Kelly's number in a bit,im bord. Roll Eyes
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »

I knew a man called Sasha once, an excellent knife fighter. He could have me on my back with a shank at my throat before you could say "hello mumma!"
Ah the joys of leather jackets, youthful immortality and a love of reinactment. Happy times. Nice dude, just a little focused that's all.

Utini420: There is much honor in a jock take down on home turf. Wassail sir.

Lilith-Nighthawk: Go to it with youthful joy and exuberance! We won't be cheering you on (because that's a bit pervy) or rooting for you (because that's Kelly's job) but we will raise a glass to the thought of at least some one letting off a bit of steam. Pressure build...... It'll burst your boiler if you let it.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:49:22 pm by Clym Angus » Logged
Mr Jeremiah Sterling
« Reply #322 on: February 02, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »

Ah! And I had to hunt around to find this forum. Very pleased to find it though. One more 'niche-of-a-niche' where there are freaks like me.

I'm kinda steampunkish, though the boyfriend isn't - "modern is good" is the prevailing mentality here. Though, I was recently pleased to discover that the boyfriend loves it when I get dressed up - shirt, waistcoat, cravat, etc. It such a pity that there's only a few months in the year when I can wear it all without passing out due to the intense heat. I'll make the most of it while I can.

And yes, I am in agreement with most others. PE=hell on Earth, one way or another. It doesn't last forever, though!
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2010, 04:49:52 pm »

Well, crap....
A friend sent me a link this morning to a gallery I'd missed, pics from last FroliCon:
(totally not freakin' work safe at all)
http://www.frolicon.com/frolicon2009/webready2009/index.html

Also, I'm not in any of them, because our big show was in the one room with no cameras allowed.  (Ultra-Short version: I got the shit beat out of me, pretty much to my personal limits, in a very compromising position; enough that we had most of the male tops in the room flinching).

Anyway, going over the pictures obviously got me thinking about it, and now I'm pretty damn bummed out, as I'm no longer seeing the lovely lady administering.  I mean, it ended great, as far as endings go.  And we're still very much in contact with each other, just not that kind of contact.  Its been a few months, so its not like its a fresh wound or anything, but its a hole in my life I've not been able to fill.  And now I'm just kinda bummed out about it.
phang
Snr. Officer

« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2010, 05:36:33 pm »

I'm torn

One one hand I am glad that there are no pictures from my younger, wilder days at the Cons.

On the other hand I wish there was someone taking pictures, my memory is so bad these days.

N=R* x f(p) x n(e) x f(l) x f(i) x f(c) x L

So? Where is everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: