The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 17, 2019, 10:03:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 199913 times)
SashaGears
Gunner
United States United States

Black Market Treasure Hunter

hexinfiniti
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2010, 04:55:17 am »

my mom is totally cool with it, my dad doesn't know.

my sister was the first to know but I feel like she's sometimes disappointed, I was wrestling around with my buddy matt the other night(innocently, our friend tony was also there) and she asked me if I had ever considered dating a girl.

o.O just kind put me off. ehh....also, my mom seems afriad to openly say it anywere, though she ackknowledges it and stuff.

oh well, I suppose

"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen
MechanicalMouse
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

A tall mouse with huge cogs!

« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2010, 10:18:04 am »

Well we're parents (That would be me and the Wife) and we've always been open with our children on same sex relationships. Not pushy, just putting it down as a matter of fact option. So hopefully they'll have no worries when they find their sexuality.

I don't think I could have come out to my parents, but then I was never in a full time relationship that would have made it a necessity.

Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »

Your mom sounds kind of like mine sasha. My dad doesn't know either. I don't live with him and I only see him a couple times a year at most, I see no point in telling him if I don't see him enough for it to matter.

I actually told my mother the summer after I got out of Middle school. Dad will get told when I get an actual relationship with him, or when I get married since gay marriage is legal where I live.

"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2010, 05:01:00 am »

ya my dad will find out when I move out if he doesn't already secretly know...he's just a bit close-minded and religious, and we aren't super close.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

._.

i hate HATE hate finals

I wans get married T_T
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2010, 06:12:09 am »

ya my dad will find out when I move out if he doesn't already secretly know...he's just a bit close-minded and religious, and we aren't super close.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

._.

i hate HATE hate finals

I wans get married T_T

Move to mass the Sasha.  Sad
No.43
Gunner

« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2010, 07:29:41 am »

Why does it seem that most fathers are less accepting of homosexuality compared to mothers?
I know this isn't always true, in fact I told my dad first that I was a lesbian and he thought it was fine, "So we're both into breasts then?" (yes, actual quote). My mother on the other hand, sort of looked away as if ignoring the gay would make it go away.
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2010, 07:53:58 am »

typically it's based on the upbringing, and I think it's just a coincidence, either that or some fathers don't see a gay son as a son, they see him as like... a girl, a disgrace, someone who won't carry on the family name.

likewise for lesbian daughters, fathers wont have grandchildren typically from them(there are exceptions for both men and women)

but...ehh, I think mothers are more accepting typically because they gave birth to you and usually mothers and their children are closer...USUALLY.
Mr Quartermaine
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:11 am »

typically it's based on the upbringing, and I think it's just a coincidence, either that or some fathers don't see a gay son as a son, they see him as like... a girl, a disgrace, someone who won't carry on the family name.

I would have to agree. Not long after I came out to my father he told me that he had allways hoped that I would have plenty of children to carry on the family name. He also wanted me to follow in his footsteps and join the army, its a family tradition. He said he was annoyed that those things would never happen and that I was somehow selfish in "choosing" to be gay and denying him those things.

After talking things through with him I can see why he feels the way he does. But I imagine its not something that could be fully understood unless you were in their shoes.

I can imagine a land without war or violence, a land of peace.

And then I can see us attacking that land because they would never expect it!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »

I don't want to carry on the genes, let alone the name. *shudder* Grin My mother just fails to understand that. She's all "OMG WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GET A GF AND SETTLE DOWN AND HAVE KIDS?!". I'm damn glad I have an older sis who's trying to expand her family. Tongue

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Choreocrat
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2010, 01:41:45 am »

My brothers are both spawning, so my parent's can't use that one on me. I can't hold on to it forever. Some day I'll just have to give in and spill the beans to them.

Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2010, 03:32:59 am »

"Mixing the pink bits" is a no-no for me. Thank you. So, tough titties, mum. No grandkids from me.
No.43
Gunner

« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2010, 06:19:25 am »

But what about adoption? Surrogates? Don't have to have the same DNA to carry on the family name.
Or are children just too annoying? I can understand that.  Grin
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2010, 06:52:43 am »

personally, I don't like children all that much, at least..not now, but I'm only 17 so that isn't really a core issue

on a less light note(is this convo even light, lol?) I can't find a steampunky long coat that can be used for my steampunk vampiric war-mage D:

my mom has this coat in the closet that looks like...peacock colors, but it's very large on the torso and puffs out and doesn't look good on my body...must find...affordable long coat ._. *piddles*
Mr Quartermaine
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2010, 07:48:12 am »

I don't know about other people but personally the thought of children does very little for me. I love to have my niece and nephew visit but I love being able to give them back to their parents at the end of the day.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2010, 08:56:43 am »

I am gradually coming around to the idea of havng children after voluntarily making myslf infertile since I was 15. I think it comes from me finding the actual love of my life. Before, I thought life was about fun, sex, frivolity and not caring about the consequences. Now, it still has all those things, but I am also thinking "damn, I want to mother this guys children, settle down, bake cookies......". Thats either terrible, or fantastic......

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2010, 11:52:50 am »

But what about adoption? Surrogates? Don't have to have the same DNA to carry on the family name.

Try explaining that to my mother. Grin

I don't know about other people but personally the thought of children does very little for me. I love to have my niece and nephew visit but I love being able to give them back to their parents at the end of the day.

Likewise. I don't mind kids, but I'm happy being able to give them back to their parents when the day's over.
Choreocrat
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »

I plan to live vicariously though my siblings' children, and possibly whatever future partner's children. If I end up with a husband who wants to adopt, or has kids from another marriage, I'll find out then. I'm not totally against them, but I'm not desperate for them.
Dr. Wilson Montgomery
Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2010, 03:24:33 pm »

Children? Goddess, no!
I simply can not find it in me to like or appreciate children, and the mere idea of being a father gives me chills.
With abit of effort I can stand my cousings kids for short periods, but more than an hour with a youngling makes me highly uncomfortable. Add to thisthat I certainly wouldn´t want to pass on my crappy genes (bad eyes, worse kidneys) to anyone.

No, children should be treated like good wine; kept out of hand until properly matured.
Prof Eumides Blakehurst
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Scientist by Training, Mad by Practice.

« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2010, 07:05:26 am »

I have to agree with Dr Montgomery. I detest children and my partner and I are quite content and fulfilled without them. Admittedly we both have siblings who are breeding on our behalf, but at least they respect the fact that my house is a child-free zone!

There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2010, 07:41:15 am »

I love kids! in fact my younger sister(17 Sad Angry) is having her second kid soon. My neice is a smart, energetic 22 month old. She is a joy,even if she can be a pain. Though I do wish she would learn more words. Roll Eyes

As for my self, I'll adopt or get a donner in 10 years. I was born when my mom was 28, it didn't harm me, and its a reasonable age to adopt or spawn. I like kids enough that I want to foster them eventually. My only rule for the system would be no major homophobes, I have to protect the other kids to.
Dr. Wilson Montgomery
Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:41 pm »

I love kids! in fact my younger sister(17 Sad Angry) is having her second kid soon.

Wait...what?!  Don´t they have sex-ed. in school anymore? Helloo... condoms, anyone?
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2010, 02:39:39 pm »

I say she did it on purpose. Oh and she lied to her first childs dad making him think she was the age of consent. The second childs dad has about as much sense as she does,thakfully he's only 8-9months older then her this time. Roll Eyes
 The more this family expands the more i want my own place. I need a job first though. Cry
Dr. Wilson Montgomery
Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2010, 03:33:34 pm »

I don´t understand kids today. Eris help me, I feel like I´m a 100 years old, and I´m a few years beyond 30.
And lying about herage like that - I don´t know more about US law than what I´ve picked up online,
but wouldn´t that put the guy behind bars for statutory rape?
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2010, 03:50:43 pm »

I say she did it on purpose. Oh and she lied to her first childs dad making him think she was the age of consent. The second childs dad has about as much sense as she does,thakfully he's only 8-9months older then her this time. Roll Eyes
 The more this family expands the more i want my own place. I need a job first though. Cry

If my family expanded like that, it would find itself disowned by me very quickly. No offense intended, just my point of view.
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2010, 02:19:34 am »

I say she did it on purpose. Oh and she lied to her first child's dad making him think she was the age of consent. The second child's dad has about as much sense as she does,thankfully he's only 8-9months older then her this time. Roll Eyes

If my family expanded like that, it would find itself disowned by me very quickly. No offense intended, just my point of view.

I agree look she should of been disowned for that. At the very least my aunt violet would of smacked the crap out of her, and kicked her out for a bit like she did with her oldest daughter Nicky when she got pregnant. Nicky as nutty as she is, is smart enough to have just the one.
 My mom though that's her little baby she can get away with anything. She has had two relationships this one and the last where her "partner" moved in with in a couple of weeks.  They where sleeping in the same bed, and my mom knew they were having sex to. But me when I had my friend Trevor stay over one night a couple of years ago. She had him sleep in the other room even though,  she knew we were both gay and nothing would happen. Oh and I bet she would freak if my Friend Kelly slept in my room if she stayed over.

I don't understand kids today. Eris help me, I feel like I'm a 100 years old, and I'm a few years beyond 30.
And lying about herage like that - I don't know more about US law than what I've picked up on line,
but wouldn't that put the guy behind bars for statutory rape?

Only if mom ever decided to file charges. Then she would have to file charges against my sisters Ex-gf to(no little sis isn't bi or gay she was using her to shirk her responsibilities as a mother Angry Angry). Her Ex-gf is 20 and she was 19 and my sister 15-16 when they were together. So my mom couldn't file charges unless she wanted me to tell the officers that my mom had allowed my sister to date a girl more then 3 years her senior.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: