The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 20, 2019, 09:51:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 194306 times)
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

beautious thorn

« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2010, 05:41:59 pm »

*Set up the wii* blue corn chips, onion dip, salsa, and cheese sauce for tonight right dear.

"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2010, 07:13:02 pm »

You girls are cracking me up, lol!

In slightly related news, we didn't make it to Cornwall, but we played in the 6 inch thick snow Smiley

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2010, 07:19:53 pm »

If this snow fort's a rockin'....

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2010, 08:27:37 pm »

It'll probably collapse.
 Grin

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2010, 08:45:41 pm »

It'll probably collapse.
 Grin

Or melt.  Grin

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Mina
Snr. Officer

Steampunk seraphim, femme fatale

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2010, 03:22:11 am »

dear, I wish we only had 6 inches here... driving is a nightmare this time of year :/

Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?
SashaGears
Gunner

Black Market Treasure Hunter

hexinfiniti
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2010, 06:34:11 am »

anybody want to give me some sort of electrical torture device so I can harm myself?

"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen
AlandraD
Snr. Officer

Lady of Leisure

« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2010, 10:06:06 am »

stick a 9volt on your tongue
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2010, 09:26:23 pm »

I find that the older i get the more my personal style evolves. When i was in middle school i was obesssed with hottopic and "goth/punk" clothing. Now i love steampunk,vintage,and non baby bat type clothing. I've also found the  I've developed more of an intrest in perfumes,make up, and hair care.

Oddly enough all celebrity teenbopper scents drive me insane because i dont smell nothing but sweetened alcohol. But some thing like Coco by chanel, or an oil based perfume drives my senses wild in a good way.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »

I know the feeling. I used to do the Goth thing, now...
I don't know. I'm not sure what it is I like anymore as far as fashion.
I like coming up with outfits and designs, but the idea of wearing most of it does nothing for me.

As to scents. I would love it if I could interact with perfumes, but I can't.
The majority of scents give me a migraine. Perfume, incense, essential oils. No good, any of them.
There are a rare few that are OK, like amber oil and some vanilla based perfumes, but most are a total no-go.

Make up on the other hand.
I just got a new purple lipstick from M.A.C. It's awesome.
I'd forgotten how much I like to wear lipstick. It's like armor for your face! Cheesy
Got new eyeliner too... Smiley
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:43 pm »

I can't do scents, either.  I like women to smell clean, perfume smells like you're covering something up, but that's not really it.  I just can't be around much of that stuff and not have my eyes and sinuses completely freak out.   It can get so bad that I had to threaten (and mean it, up to pulling out the lighter and threatening to fire it up right then and there) a coworker that if she persisted in the use of scented oil burning crap at work (in the next office) then I'd start smoking at my desk.  The people tasked with sorting this one out knew that A) I meant it, and B) if they fired me the servers would all die.  No more scented oils!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:51:21 pm by Utini420 » Logged
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:13 pm »

I use two calognes, a very light, flowery fresh smelling one, and a very light, sweet...almost critris smelling one.

I can't handle overly powerful things, I don't want someone to be like "what is that smell?" more like...if someone were to hug me, a "you smell nice" would work better.

._. I have no style D:!! I just dress differently every day =[

I burnt my tongue on a cappucino this morning ._.

Opinions: what does one do when one can no longer trust their boyfriend?
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2010, 02:12:45 am »

Opinions: what does one do when one can no longer trust their boyfriend?
One either explains to said boyfriend that trust has been lost and works out how to gian it back, or one kicks said boyfriend to the curb.
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2010, 05:29:15 am »

He knows I don't trust him....but kicking him to the curb would probably be detrimental to both of us and send him spiraling further downward.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2010, 05:36:11 am »

Right.
How would be separating from someone that you cannot trust be to your detriment?

OK, he knows. Is there a reasonable way for him to regain that trust?
If not, why are you still together.

I'm not trying the pry, but you asked and it's hard to give you a decent opinion without certain facts to work with.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2010, 10:57:04 am »

A relationship is built on several intergral things:

Trust, honesty, comfort, love and commitment.

Without one of these things, it is not a loving relationship, if you trust them but aren;t honest yoursefl it will fail, if you love them but aren;t commited it has no future and so on.

Without trust, you will always live in doubt. Everything will be questioned, every phone call, every friend, and believe me as I know this from experience, it will get nasty. Games start getting played, it might tun to verbal or physical abuse. Without trust there is no respect for the other person.

You have already admitted that without each other you both suffer in a non-love way. You are each others emotional crutches. This is not what a partner should be for. Thats what a THERAPIST is for.

I say end it, block of all contact and spend some time ALONE. We are your friends, I will always be here to answer PMs, give supprt, send pictures of lolcats, whatever you need. But you really need to stomp this out now, before you become so dependant, leaving isn't even an option. Save yourself.
SashaGears
Gunner

hexinfiniti
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2010, 03:50:41 am »

uhm...I definitely don't emotionally crutch myself onto anybody, I'm far too level headed for that.

=.= I fixed it, like I fix everything, his life got a huge bitch slap in the face and so now he's reeeaally trying to earn back my trust, I put him on probation untill I can honestly say I trust him again
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2010, 09:14:50 am »

Thats good Sasha, that is good that you are in control of the situation and not only recognised and issued, but resolved it. I hope your partner steps up to the mark and proves himself!
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »

*sips a nice cup of lady gray, and nibbles on a cookie* I think that my family is crazy. They spent most of the time i was talking to Kelly(the girl i met on the bus) acting like i was in love with her. Yes i know I find her good partner material, yes i find her beyond atractive, and yes iwould accept if she asked. But acting like i've declared my undying love for her is nuts.

I told kelly and we both agreed that nothing was going on with us. Besides if something happens I want it to progress naturally with out the fams poking and prodding. Roll Eyes
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »

Parents tend to fall into three catagories:

1. Denyers. Of course you aren't gay, don't be silly, you aren't attracted to people of your own gender!

2. Haters. Gay people are evil, you are evil, I am disowning you as my child.

3. Smotherers. Oh my god, I met the cutest SAME SEX PERSON at the store/gym/by randomly searching for gay people on facebook. You should totally hook up, I already bought a purple hat for you civil ceremony!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2010, 01:16:00 am »

Parents tend to fall into three catagories:

1. Denyers. Of course you aren't gay, don't be silly, you aren't attracted to people of your own gender!

2. Haters. Gay people are evil, you are evil, I am disowning you as my child.

3. Smotherers. Oh my god, I met the cutest SAME SEX PERSON at the store/gym/by randomly searching for gay people on facebook. You should totally hook up, I already bought a purple hat for you civil ceremony!

#3 reminds me of ->
The Catherine Tate Show - Series 3 - Johns a Gay Man Now Full HQDQ
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2010, 01:17:41 am »

I think my mom is indiferent.But my older sister is in this teasing, you like her so i'll pretend to want to steal her phase. It's annoying but not too bad. And thankfully where i live its more then just a civil cerimony, gay marriage islegal in massachusetts.

I feel like saying my friend, my potential lover. Keep your bloody hands to yourself thank you very much!
Choreocrat
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #272 on: January 17, 2010, 09:20:11 am »

My parents fall somewhere in haters or deniers, but not vehemently. They really don't like it, but I still don't know if they'd cut me off over it. Sad Sad

Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2010, 06:25:41 am »

*pours Chorecrat a drink* I'm sure they love you too much.
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:23 pm »

The situation became complicated but at the time of this incident was totally in the dudes-hanging-out phase, but a friend crashed at my folks house one weekend during college.  I was staying in the basement (when I stayed at home at all) and there we slept, he on our couch and me on another couch on the other side of the room.  At one point in the night, I awoke to see my father outside the window, looking in, just to be sure.  His placement on the Haters category is pretty transparent, and as such he knows only that I'm a happily married man.  Which is true.

He just doesn't know how happy.  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: