The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 21, 2017, 09:08:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 136267 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2450 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:10 am »

It sounds as if this look is really coming together now.  I think half the fun of any outfit is the planning - the other half is the wearing and the compliments. (Yes, there will be compliments).

I tried the brown socks, black shorts, white blouse and champagne corset. The image shows the metallic effect of the satin in the corset (you can hardly see the 28 ribs, though) and the brown socks matching a belt. You can't see it in the picture, but the blouse has front pleats like a men's Tuxedo shirt.

I apologize for the poor quality of the picture. I'm having a horrible time photographing at night and without fresh batteries on my camera.  I tried using my tablet's camera which, as you can see, probably has 1.5 pixels of resolution (thank you Walmart) Undecided and I got a very blurred picture, which doesn't look even 1/4 as good as I see it on the mirror, but it does show the metallic effect of the corset and the color combination.

Also I apologize for my zombie-like posture, which was me trying to focus on the screen of my tablet as the tablet timed the photo. My face- which due to the lighting looks like I come from the horrible city of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, may scar young people's minds, so I spoiler the image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmbhlQjUcAAMz0q.jpg

I'm not going to be able to attain the curves of my Asian Fraulein in the photos above Cheesy But the corset gives me a very mild hourglass in what otherwise would be a short stocky cylinder of a torso of mine - blame that on my Basque ancestors' ribcage which was probably part Neanderthal, and built for the rugged mountain Cheesy But  I'll take what I can get  Cheesy  

I will have a limit on how much I can tighten the corset, on account that I chose the larger of the sizes this time (which probably is a good thing), so the tightest lacing I can do closes the corset all the way to 100% closure behind my back - and same happens for the lacing of the shorts, which now have white laces instead of gray. But I'm very satisfied with the performance of the corset overall. Very smooth and comfortable. Most importantly no lumps or creases.

I will use the black elastic waist cincher as a slingshot on a Steampunk project. That is all that it's good for  Grin

I'm loving the metallic color of the corset and the vertical effect of the numerous bones. The satin of the corset looks like brass under incandescent light.  Makes me look a bit like C3PO Grin The belt I added to the shorts matches the socks perfectly, and the belt rides really low on the hips, because that is the way the shorts are designed.

The socks needed a pretty wide cuff on top (which if you squint really hard you can barely see). This is because the socks are really long. This gives the socks an interesting look. Unusual looking military grade garters will follow  Cheesy I also rolled the cuffs of the shorts up by one inch, which gives the shorts a gray cuff about one inch in thickness - and I think the shorts looks so much better that way.

Things to fix for the next photo:

1) Better lighting and fresh batteries for the 5 MP camera. Anything better than my cheap Walmart tablet. This picture above almost looks like I took the "blurring" tool in the image editor and screwed an image on purpose. But I did not alter the picture. All blurring effects you see in the picture are the camera software compensating for poor resolution and illumination. Very annoying. You can't even see the pleats on the white shirt! I wish I could find the photographer who took our group pictures years ago.

2) I need to re-center my frame for the next photo. The angle of the camera in this picture is strange because the tablet was looking slightly upward, balancing in top of a box and leaning against a bottle of beer (It's the start of my long weekend folks Grin ). So my lower body looks a tad smaller and shorter than it really is, an the lower body is too dark. In the photo, you can't see the curves on the hips and legs as well as I see them on the mirror Wink, never mind the chocolate color of the socks or the leather belt which you can hardly see (shame, that is a really nice belt with a "captain's wings" badge on the belt loop - which I may use for the harness later on).

3) The corset is not fully tightened -as I have yet to master the fine art of lacing. I did manage to tighten the corset all the way after I took this photo, But I need to learn to do that properly. The black short's lacing is always 100% shut, because it's very stretchy and I can simply use the buttons in front to close.

This picture could look better, but I'm tired now. At least it shows I'm serious about the costume  Cheesy I could probably fix that photo with video editing (perspective tool) but honestly, this picture is not worth the effort at that resolution. It's just a preliminary photo. In person in front of the mirror, when properly laced, the same ensemble looks fantastic. I wish I could connect a USB cable to my cerebral cortex and upload the image (maybe in the next project)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:02:54 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2451 on: July 03, 2016, 11:15:53 am »

I'm glad everthing is coming together. Indeed, the corset does look good, although as mentioned we are not seeing the nest of it in the picture. The difference between what's seen in the mirror and on a photograph... yes there always is difference. I think it's all about loosing the phase information in the light as it's reduced to a 2d image - we need holographic photography! Better lighting will help immensely.

3) The corset is not fully tightened -as I have yet to master the fine art of lacing. I did manage to tighten the corset all the way after I took this photo, But I need to learn to do that properly. The black short's lacing is always 100% shut, because it's very stretchy and I can simply use the buttons in front to close.

(snip)

After putting on my corset I pull the laces tight to the front and tie. I then start tightening, level by level, from the top to the centre and then from the bottom to the centre. Pull the centre to take up the slack and repeat as many times as required (usually one more time). I then cross the centre laces over at the back and tighten them again. Then, either tie at the front or back, depending on effect wished for (front is easier to do but looks untidy if not covered up, back is harder but better visually if the laces are on display).

(snip)

I wish I could connect a USB cable to my cerebral cortex and upload the image (maybe in the next project)

(snip)

No sorry, that's Cyberpunk - not allowed  Wink*

Yours,
Miranda.

*Or we could start a new thread on using Steampunk technology for neurological implants...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:29:03 am by Miranda.T » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2452 on: July 03, 2016, 11:29:51 am »

I just realized there could be a "fish eye" optical distortion effect going on here too!  My arms are not that long with respect to my legs! I look like an Orangutan! Cheesy

Oh well. I'm a bit drunk at the moment. Tomorrow I'll see it differently  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:42:00 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2453 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:50 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9FdxVABuAU

I wanted to share this video of me going through Hardee's Revised Drill from 1862, performing the manual of arms. Cheesy
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2454 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:32 am »

I wanted to share this video of me going through Hardee's Revised Drill from 1862, performing the manual of arms. Cheesy

Alright, then, now you have to come up with the appropriate Confederate States Civil-War Era uniform  Cheesy

http://www.drillnet.net/1862/1862.htm
http://www.ushist.com/american_civil-war_uniforms.shtml

No sorry, that's Cyberpunk - not allowed  Wink*

Yours,
Miranda.

*Or we could start a new thread on using Steampunk technology for neurological implants...

Actually, dear Miranda, I think we already have such a thread, somewhere  Roll Eyes Several threads, actually. The latest concept came from Mr. Bowman:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47838.0.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:44:08 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2455 on: July 04, 2016, 03:55:09 am »

Alright, then, now you have to come up with the appropriate Confederate States Civil-War Era uniform  Cheesy

http://www.drillnet.net/1862/1862.htm
http://www.ushist.com/american_civil-war_uniforms.shtml

-snip-

I do in fact have a correct, c-1863 CSA Civil War uniform. My parents have it for the time being.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2456 on: July 04, 2016, 04:06:10 am »

I do in fact have a correct, c-1863 CSA Civil War uniform. My parents have it for the time being.

We might have a thread for that then! http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47838.0.html
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2457 on: July 04, 2016, 04:18:14 am »

Not sure I follow...
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2458 on: July 04, 2016, 04:21:15 am »

Not sure I follow...

I thought you might have an interest in the US Civil War, that is all.  Cheesy
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2459 on: July 07, 2016, 09:38:54 am »

So the 2nd pair of boots arrived!  Cheesy They're real monsters, and they look like they're ready for the Yukon. The way these boots are designed you need to wear thick or double socks, so I even had to cut two neoprene sheets (2mm) per foot to fill in some of the volume.

(Right click to zoom in)

Again, I apologize for the quality of the 1.5 pixel resolution picture, though this time the picture shows the lower body, and belt. Corset still not reined all the way in.

Now, you can clearly see the cuffs on the brown socks/stockings, but the shoes still look too dark in the photo - in real life they actually match the socks really nicely.

I'm wearing two gray "leg warmers" as socks. (actually they're thigh highs folded in half with the feet cut off - that's what I do with old socks when you can't mend them any more  Grin). All these thigh high socks are thick as sweaters, by the way, so you don't want to fold over too many times.

The upper cuffs of the thigh highs are folded twice (!) - that is they have three layers of knit fabric at the cuff. I'm not sure if that or the change in colour at the knee from brown to gray potentially distract away from the leg curves... The question is what is the most flattering?

One thing I can tell you is that the costume is looking very "functional" in person. This is less of a costume, and much more of a practical outfit, with the only "fantasy" segment being the corset and harness.  Worn with a service blouse and insignia, belts and real boots, these could look like a real uniform. So maybe the "chunkiness" of the whole thing is not a bad idea...

I don't intend to wear gray socks under the knee, but I'm considering whether the socks should be white, black, light brown or perhaps more exotic like an Argyle pattern. Perhaps a simple white sock would look better?  These socks I'm envisioning would be under the knee or knee length socks. And these boots really do need a double thickness of sock. Even with a fur lining on the inside plus a 4mm neoprene padding, they feel loose with only one pair of socks.  I normally buy socks here:

http://www.sockdreams.com

There are some leg warmers with buttons which look like gaiters:

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/leg-warmers-wbrass-snaps?t=6523

Oh. well. I need to give a little rest to my wallet. At least for one or two days. I'll be breaking in these boots in the couple of days ahead, but I don't want to wear them out by walking 5 miles a day, so promptly this week  I'll buy buy my usual cheap shoes to wear daily to work.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:33:13 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2460 on: July 07, 2016, 10:07:05 am »

We're gettin' mighty close to the end of this here thread. We figure out how we're managing the shift to a new one?
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2461 on: July 07, 2016, 10:41:06 am »

We're gettin' mighty close to the end of this here thread. We figure out how we're managing the shift to a new one?
Sorry. I misunderstood your last question above... So the question is:

Gentlefolk, have we settled on a transition protocol?

Is the consensus to do re-introductions? * All in favour raise your hand *

I'd put it to a vote, but seeing how democratic votes around the globe are turning out to be, now I'm afraid  Roll Eyes Grin  
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:46:07 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2462 on: July 07, 2016, 11:01:59 am »

My last question? I figured it was pretty clear...

My suggestion was just to do introductions then pick up where we left off here.

Are we planning to archive the thread?
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2463 on: July 07, 2016, 11:23:23 am »

My last question? I figured it was pretty clear...

My suggestion was just to do introductions then pick up where we left off here.

Are we planning to archive the thread?

For some reason I thought you were prompting me to close it now. Then I realised you were asking on the method not the time frame. I guess I'm tired. It's 5:16 AM here and I haven't slept yet. Mayhaps you're in the East Coast and just starting your day?

Unlike the Off Topic section, archiving here simply means closing the thread, I think. As far as I know we don't have an archive proper for the Meta Clubs. I'll inquire if I can start one. It makes sense. For the moment I'll just close the thread. I think any link we make to the archioved thread will still be active (meaning we don't have to edit links).

~ ~ ~

It seems we have two I's in favour of just doing introductions, per Mme. Ratchet, my own vote.

Any one else?
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2464 on: July 08, 2016, 11:13:53 am »

Fine with me too.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2465 on: July 08, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »

(snip)

It seems we have two I's in favour of just doing introductions, per Mme. Ratchet, my own vote.

Any one else?

Well, I think my introduction is still on the 'introduce yourself' thread, so I'll just be decadently lazy an post up a link to that  Wink

So the 2nd pair of boots arrived!  Cheesy They're real monsters, and they look like they're ready for the Yukon. The way these boots are designed you need to wear thick or double socks, so I even had to cut two neoprene sheets (2mm) per foot to fill in some of the volume.

(Right click to zoom in)

Again, I apologize for the quality of the 1.5 pixel resolution picture, though this time the picture shows the lower body, and belt. Corset still not reined all the way in.

Now, you can clearly see the cuffs on the brown socks/stockings, but the shoes still look too dark in the photo - in real life they actually match the socks really nicely.

I'm wearing two gray "leg warmers" as socks. (actually they're thigh highs folded in half with the feet cut off - that's what I do with old socks when you can't mend them any more  Grin). All these thigh high socks are thick as sweaters, by the way, so you don't want to fold over too many times.

The upper cuffs of the thigh highs are folded twice (!) - that is they have three layers of knit fabric at the cuff. I'm not sure if that or the change in colour at the knee from brown to gray potentially distract away from the leg curves... The question is what is the most flattering?

One thing I can tell you is that the costume is looking very "functional" in person. This is less of a costume, and much more of a practical outfit, with the only "fantasy" segment being the corset and harness.  Worn with a service blouse and insignia, belts and real boots, these could look like a real uniform. So maybe the "chunkiness" of the whole thing is not a bad idea...

I don't intend to wear gray socks under the knee, but I'm considering whether the socks should be white, black, light brown or perhaps more exotic like an Argyle pattern. Perhaps a simple white sock would look better?  These socks I'm envisioning would be under the knee or knee length socks. And these boots really do need a double thickness of sock. Even with a fur lining on the inside plus a 4mm neoprene padding, they feel loose with only one pair of socks.  I normally buy socks here:

http://www.sockdreams.com

There are some leg warmers with buttons which look like gaiters:

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/leg-warmers-wbrass-snaps?t=6523

Oh. well. I need to give a little rest to my wallet. At least for one or two days. I'll be breaking in these boots in the couple of days ahead, but I don't want to wear them out by walking 5 miles a day, so promptly this week  I'll buy buy my usual cheap shoes to wear daily to work.

Definitely coming along! So, harness in the near future? Once concern though - with all the layers isn't it starting to get a little hot? Although it could be very practical for the British 'summer' we are currently 'enjoying'.

Yours,
Miranda.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2466 on: July 08, 2016, 07:42:13 pm »

With 43 C / 110 F weather? Nah, cool as a cucumber!  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

Yea it's hot. We're currently in the mid 90s F (mid 30s C) and humidity brings the heat index to about 100 F
And in august we'll reach our customary 100 F / 37 C. So yeah, the thought has crossed my mind.  Undecided

The advantage is the layers can be shed. No rule says I have to wear the long socks and corset. The blouse is very cool, actually, designed for the South East Asian market. I may consider another halter top if I can find a nice colour.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:48:39 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2467 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:31 am »

Aaargh! So yesterday I ran into some trouble... with my American-sold Chinese-made winter boots (the big ones, not the high heels). Most of the Chinese bought items have turned out to be of very high quality (with the exception of the black waist cincher which is trully garbage - but I paid next to nothing for it). But the eBay boots are turning into a bust.

[angry rant]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/angry rant]

Honestly, I'm having more bad luck with AMERICAN resellers of cheap Chinese stuff, than with the Chinese resellers selling Chinese stuff. Maybe this is how the Chinese plan to win WWIII? Our American-market Chinese-made boots and clothing will fall apart, while their Chinese-sold boots will outlast ours?  Grin

~ ~ ~

Oh well.  Here's another photo, with a slightly better adjustment of the corset. The waist and overall profile is looking better now. I've decided that light brown or golden calf-length socks would look good over the brown thigh highs, in order to match the corset... perhaps?

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2468 on: July 17, 2016, 05:27:02 pm »

I like the look, but I'm sorry to hear the boots are being such a pain.  I rarely buy footwear online as I have enough trouble getting something to fit me comfortably when I can try them on.  I am amazed at your ingenuity in tackling the problem and hope it goes well.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2469 on: July 17, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »

I like the look, but I'm sorry to hear the boots are being such a pain.  I rarely buy footwear online as I have enough trouble getting something to fit me comfortably when I can try them on.  I am amazed at your ingenuity in tackling the problem and hope it goes well.

I'm having a hard time getting a solid piece of tooling leather. The one available at hobby shops is only 1/16th inch thick and too flexible to be any good. I'd have to spend about $24 just to buy two letter-sized sheets so I can glue a double thickness sole. In the meantime, I jury-rigged two of the four neoprene insoles with a large fence washer at the heel (basically a 2 inch metal disk under your heel), sandwiched between two stiff card-stock pieces of paper and construction glue. So I have a stiff "heel" about 1/4 inch thick under the furry insole. This should stop my heel from digging into the sole. I'll try them out today in a 2.5 mile test run. I just don't want to damage the *new* rubber cell walls by continuing to walk without extra stiffness at the heels.

If I buy the thin tooling leather, I might be able to sandwich the metal arch bar and fence washers within the leather sole.  Maybe add a second metal washer under the ball of the foot as well. A metal "boned" insole.  I bet that'll set off the Airport metal detectors  Undecided Cheesy

That 's an attractive idea.  The metal parts are practically free, but I hate spending more on leather than I spent in boots!
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2470 on: July 22, 2016, 07:19:20 am »

Good news everyone! I have a new job! And it kicks my arse repeatedly every day, but it's income.

J. Wilhelm, regarding your leather conundrum, if you still need it, I have a bunch of leather and would be willing to part with some of it ^_^ Shoot me a message if you're interested.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2471 on: July 22, 2016, 08:28:00 am »

Good news everyone! I have a new job! And it kicks my arse repeatedly every day, but it's income.

J. Wilhelm, regarding your leather conundrum, if you still need it, I have a bunch of leather and would be willing to part with some of it ^_^ Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Congratulations! Definitely something to celebrate. I truest these people will not be giving you issues.

I might be interested in the leather. Thank you for the offer. Cheesy I'll keep you posted. Basically I need at minimum, two pieces about 11 in X 4.5 in. Especially since I've seen it's difficult to get small quantities from say, Tandy Leather without it being too thin - though sandwiching may fix that problem.

By the way I did a test on the shoes with the large washer at the heel and they have run 5 miles without issues. Other than a slight play on the undersized insole. I still need to fill in more volume, but at least I got that heel "designed."

The acrylic glue I used is just not good for the application though. It's holding but it's absorbing the perspiration from the shoe and softening up, as in turning into goo  Undecided So for the next one neoprene contact glue or Gorilla glue it is. This is just a trial run though.

But it made the shoes wearable, and at least for the duration of the month these will be my shoes, since I'm short on cash. I may buy my regular work shoes this month, but I literally only have $100 in the budget for the next 10 days before I have to use August's first week's paycheck to pay my rent this month. So I'm down to food money for next week. Probably because I spent so much last month and I got hit hard from the 4th of July weekend break at my job. I mean, I'm basically short $52 because of that day alone.

The idea of using a metal washer at the heel proved to be a very good idea. There was no pain on the heels this time. Clearly the human foot is designed to operate on hard flat surfaces, and distributing the weight over the rubber cells by using metal "boning" on the insole will work. Maybe I should patent this idea.

I'm trying to figure out whether to extend the use of boning to the ball of the foot, and trying to figure out what the best shape for a metal plate should be. I'm tempted to use a smaller washer under the "ball of the big toe," but I don't want to do that without supporting the other toes. That is where weight concentrates the most.  Perhaps just a rectangular bar would be enough. not too wide, to allow the sole to flex as needed.

The current concept is to sandwich all the metal parts between two sheets of leather over which the foam/shaggy insole will fit.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2472 on: July 24, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »

Excellent news - and it's always easier to find a different job when you are actually employed.  I think the lack of desperation makes you more relaxed and confident at the interview.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2473 on: July 25, 2016, 10:18:00 am »

(snip)

After putting on my corset I pull the laces tight to the front and tie. I then start tightening, level by level, from the top to the centre and then from the bottom to the centre. Pull the centre to take up the slack and repeat as many times as required (usually one more time). I then cross the centre laces over at the back and tighten them again. Then, either tie at the front or back, depending on effect wished for (front is easier to do but looks untidy if not covered up, back is harder but better visually if the laces are on display).

Being the engineer I am, I have found a novel way to tighten and tie a corset. Has anybody ever considered using a drawstring cord lock instead of a knot for the corset lacing? 

http://www.hudson4supplies.com/basic-cord-lock-oval-black.html?gclid=CNjO_aajjs4CFQgpaQodF2gBXw

I got the idea at my job, and I re-purposed two vinyl heavy duty drawstring locks the cylindrical kind, with a strong spring. I found the drawstring lock is more than strong enough (and wide enough) to hold all four strands (cord) of lacing through it, so what I do is pull on the cords as much as I can and then release the button, locking the tightness of the corset.

Then I continue adjusting and tightening the corset lacing as you suggest, but this time to pick up the slack, you pull each strand out of the 4 individually, keeping the lock in closed position. If there's is any slack to be picked up the string will pull through the lock, otherwise it wont. It works beautifully, and it becomes much easier to tie the knot in your back after that.
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2474 on: July 26, 2016, 07:31:04 pm »

Congratulations! Definitely something to celebrate. I truest these people will not be giving you issues.

I might be interested in the leather. Thank you for the offer. Cheesy I'll keep you posted. Basically I need at minimum, two pieces about 11 in X 4.5 in. Especially since I've seen it's difficult to get small quantities from say, Tandy Leather without it being too thin - though sandwiching may fix that problem.

By the way I did a test on the shoes with the large washer at the heel and they have run 5 miles without issues. Other than a slight play on the undersized insole. I still need to fill in more volume, but at least I got that heel "designed."

The acrylic glue I used is just not good for the application though. It's holding but it's absorbing the perspiration from the shoe and softening up, as in turning into goo  Undecided So for the next one neoprene contact glue or Gorilla glue it is. This is just a trial run though.

But it made the shoes wearable, and at least for the duration of the month these will be my shoes, since I'm short on cash. I may buy my regular work shoes this month, but I literally only have $100 in the budget for the next 10 days before I have to use August's first week's paycheck to pay my rent this month. So I'm down to food money for next week. Probably because I spent so much last month and I got hit hard from the 4th of July weekend break at my job. I mean, I'm basically short $52 because of that day alone.

The idea of using a metal washer at the heel proved to be a very good idea. There was no pain on the heels this time. Clearly the human foot is designed to operate on hard flat surfaces, and distributing the weight over the rubber cells by using metal "boning" on the insole will work. Maybe I should patent this idea.

I'm trying to figure out whether to extend the use of boning to the ball of the foot, and trying to figure out what the best shape for a metal plate should be. I'm tempted to use a smaller washer under the "ball of the big toe," but I don't want to do that without supporting the other toes. That is where weight concentrates the most.  Perhaps just a rectangular bar would be enough. not too wide, to allow the sole to flex as needed.

The current concept is to sandwich all the metal parts between two sheets of leather over which the foam/shaggy insole will fit.

Sweet. I have more than enough for two pieces 11"x4.5", and its fairly thick. About how thick of a piece do you need? I believe this is 7 or 8 oz leather. I might have some 6 oz.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: