The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 20, 2019, 11:13:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lonely Gear (A singles bar)  (Read 181626 times)
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #4025 on: June 04, 2010, 02:27:18 am »

Out of interest, a flight from NZ to Baltimore would cost me $3000ish for a round trip, for just the flights. Hmm...

Anyone want to sponser me?

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord
United States United States

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #4026 on: June 04, 2010, 02:28:31 am »

If I had the cash, I'd bring your narrow Trekkie butt over here to party with the Guild of DC in a heartbeat!  Cool
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #4027 on: June 04, 2010, 02:37:18 am »

Awesome. One thing, though. I do have a very narrow butt. I am what is known as a skinny bastard. But I am not a trekkie.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #4028 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:31 am »

Do you own a Starfleet uniform? I seem to remember you wearing one in a picture...
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #4029 on: June 04, 2010, 02:45:50 am »

One picture. One Halloween picture, and immediately I'm a trekkie. No wonder I can't get a date...
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #4030 on: June 04, 2010, 03:01:06 am »

One picture. One Halloween picture, and immediately I'm a trekkie. No wonder I can't get a date...

I can haz? I've *always* wanted a star trek uniform. Grin Unfortunately, 200lbs + star trek uniform = ~ the tron dude. xD

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #4031 on: June 04, 2010, 03:59:57 am »

I don't actually own a Star Trek uniform. I just constructed one that was good enough for a halloween, and then I think the parts disappeared afterwards...
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #4032 on: June 04, 2010, 06:30:51 am »

This is why I chose English Lit.  A bit of reading and plenty of BS and you can write an essay in one sitting.  I don't like having to break writing up, I prefer getting it all done in one go, often the night before it's due.

Actually, I can do more BS for this one than usual.  It's cross-cultural market researchy type stuff, and the teacher isn't a stickler for proper citations; I'm having trouble getting into that mind set a bit, since I just finished up a very experimental research methodology, all ducks in a row type paper. 

I like Star Trek and Tron...I am excited/afraid for the new movie.  Every time we went to the video store when I was a kid I wanted to get Tron.  Drove my brother bonkers.

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #4033 on: June 04, 2010, 03:15:50 pm »

*moar happy dance*

Round trip from my place to Washington D.C. via Frankfurt is estimated at $1,600-$2,000. And from there I'm almost certain I can get a flight to FDK. Which is good. Grin

*even moar happy dance*
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #4034 on: June 04, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »

Gabriel: I'm sure a fair few of the ladies here would love to find that out for themselves  Wink
There's a PM system.
Any of the lovely ladies that want further information on language lessons can use it. Wink

Only if we can stop giggling long enough to actually use it dearheart
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:43:51 pm by RoseOak » Logged

okoshima
« Reply #4035 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:39 pm »

so thats my problem, no muscle, not skinny, cant play an instrument, im a gamer tho, in all fairness the majority of gamers can twitch their fingers at the speed of a hummingbirds wing or something like that, let alone the finger yoga...

that and I'm a little cuddly. but alas the fat makes a good pillow ladies Wink.

maybe that and my general shyness around womenfolk, i would make a terrible god, i wouldn't believe in myself and therefore be blasphemous.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #4036 on: June 05, 2010, 12:14:31 am »

Gabriel: I'm sure a fair few of the ladies here would love to find that out for themselves  Wink
There's a PM system.
Any of the lovely ladies that want further information on language lessons can use it. Wink

Only if we can stop giggling long enough to actually use it dearheart
That must be my problem. I tend to win women over with my wit.
They must be too exhausted from all the laughing for any fun after.
(He keeps telling himself... Wink)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #4037 on: June 05, 2010, 01:19:00 am »

Ah-hah, but drummers are the most important member of the band.
Why?
Because they keep the rythym.  Cheesy
(which means that drummers have a good sense of rythym  Wink )

But then, rhythm is nothing if there's no groove.  In the best bands, the bassist and drummer lock in and make you want to move.  That's why bands without bass players are rarely any good.

Also, yes, our finger dexterity is no exaggeration.  Most guitarists who play with a pick are mainly using the muscles in their wrists... which explains a lot of things!

Most of us clawhammer banjo players use a combination of fingers, thumb, and wrist; some of us (myself included) down pick with the same fingers, in the same combinations and sequences, as scruggs-style players up-pick... hmmm...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #4038 on: June 05, 2010, 01:44:19 am »

Think we're getting bogged down on just fingers and hands here. Whilst very handy to be skilled in (I can inform you from personal exeperience  Wink), I believe the martial artist still beats a musician. Think 'bout it. We use our entire bodies not just arms or fingers. We have strength & power, balance, grace, are efficient with our body's energy, able to instinctively co-ordinate the entire body, we generally have very quick reactions (which can be important), very good at dynamic bursts of strength - the lot. We also have some fancy footwork Tongue
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:46:53 am by Cpt. Tobias Warde » Logged

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #4039 on: June 05, 2010, 03:49:57 am »

Musicians, martial arts, bah.  Ok, I'll qualify that:  I play four instruments and have been a martial artist since age 5, and still practicing.  But still, musicians and martial artists?  Bah.

Dancers, everybody.

Dancers.

Full body, rhythm, grace, isolations, masterful hips, non-verbal communication and guidance so that your partner does well, too, eye contact, and rapport with a partner for beautiful AND romantic AND mutually beneficial ends.

You can punch a dude in the face real good?

You can twiddle strings on a hollow box all fancy?

I can tango.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:56:19 am by Vagabond GentleMan » Logged

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #4040 on: June 05, 2010, 04:22:59 am »

Musicians, martial arts, bah.  Ok, I'll qualify that:  I play four instruments and have been a martial artist since age 5, and still practicing.  But still, musicians and martial artists?  Bah.

Dancers, everybody.

Dancers.

Full body, rhythm, grace, isolations, masterful hips, non-verbal communication and guidance so that your partner does well, too, eye contact, and rapport with a partner for beautiful AND romantic AND mutually beneficial ends.

I can tango.

Missing the point, all of you. It's not about what you can do. It's what you can do with your partner, together, so that both of you benefit. Anything else is just frippery. Took me 40 years to learn that, and now its damn near too late. Don't fall into that trap. You'll regret it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yadda Yadda Tyadda. Ramblings from a steamgeezer. I'll shut my yap for a while...

(right, like I won't blow my pants off if I keep my mouth shut)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:32:35 am by MWBailey » Logged
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #4041 on: June 05, 2010, 06:02:16 am »

Dancers, everybody.

Dancers.

I can tango.
So what you're say here is that everything I can do, my brothers can do better?
Thor
Zeppelin Captain

Carpe Jugulum

bigastronauts
« Reply #4042 on: June 05, 2010, 08:31:57 am »

That's something I got used to a long time ago.  My brother is good at anything he turns his hand to.

So when times are hard and life is rough, you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup...
You can find me at facebook Here
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #4043 on: June 05, 2010, 11:39:29 am »

That's something I got used to a long time ago.  My brother is good at anything he turns his hand to.

Fortunately there are some things I am better at than my brother, but everything -useful- he is far, far better than I. I think its what brothers are for. Mind you, s'far as it goes, our father completely trumps both of us when it comes to be capable - he's an excellent carpenter, electrician, metal worker, builder, plumber...he can do anything! Most annoying that I haven't got one little bit of his skill  Undecided
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #4044 on: June 05, 2010, 06:25:43 pm »

That must be my problem. I tend to win women over with my wit.
They must be too exhausted from all the laughing for any fun after.
(He keeps telling himself... Wink)

We all like a man who can make us laugh but if thats the case then you might be overdoing it  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:30:21 pm by RoseOak » Logged
Miss Groves
Zeppelin Captain

running out of steam

« Reply #4045 on: June 05, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »

that's true, but the tango is also very sexy....

the last few pages have been so damn funny

Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #4046 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:50 pm »

Pish tosh! Musicians, dancers, martial artists, those with dexterity (who are free to look me up, by the way Wink ) - I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in saying that external grace only counts for so much as far as far as one's, erm, ahem, shall we say "abilities." Confidence is key.

Fear not, shy ones - I've discovered that meekness in social situations does not always equate to such "behind closed doors" as it were... Wink

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
TribalWren
« Reply #4047 on: June 05, 2010, 09:16:05 pm »

Bloody hell! This thread is giving me a right headache. I read all the pages what I missed and I still don't have a ruddy idea what the frak you're all talking bout....tangoing trekkies who pluck guitar strings with one dextrous hand whilst practising their kung-fu death grip with t'other. How did you GET here? What does it all MEAN?! 0_0 LOL.  Wink Grin

If there was a 'key' to it all then there wouldn't be a (not actually the) singles thread would there?! So you might as well just carry on doing your own thing because that's what you do. If someone don't like it- screw 'em! By which I mean discard them...not actually go ahead and screw them...because the point I was making is that you don't want to be with with someone if they don't accept you just for who you are etcetc and other wise wordly words like that........

Ah fuck! I give up.

VG: You seriously owe me a tango. Several in fact.  Angry

Ma Reni: Show off!  Grin So you gonna spill the beans or leave it *mysterious* >mysterious......< ?!  Grin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:18:16 pm by TribalWren » Logged
Thor
Zeppelin Captain

Carpe Jugulum

bigastronauts
« Reply #4048 on: June 05, 2010, 11:17:45 pm »

Well, I'd like to formally tender my resignation.  As of... well, a couple of hours ago, I'm in a relationship.  With K.  We're keeping it on the down-low at work for now so as to avoid gossip. 

We went for a meal and a few drinks, then she came round to mine hoping to hear me play guitar.  Well... the guitar is still in its case. She just got home, and I'm in need of some sleep, I have work in 5 hours.

Fear not, shy ones - I've discovered that meekness in social situations does not always equate to such "behind closed doors" as it were... Wink

I think I can agree on that, so can the new missus  Wink
Hyeronymus Amphigourias
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #4049 on: June 06, 2010, 12:30:55 am »

For Mr Thor : Hip hip!
And for K also!

Good that you got things a bit sorted out.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: