The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 21, 2019, 12:30:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lonely Gear (A singles bar)  (Read 183863 times)
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord
United States United States

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #3925 on: May 31, 2010, 02:15:36 pm »

Pocky,
You silly goose! If you had read through all 150+ pages you would see that people in relationships are still welcome! Wink
Can I guess? Is it tacky if I guess? 'Cause if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Grin

Thor,
The one thing that stood out the most about your whole dilemma was that physical appearance seemed to play a big roll in your decision process. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'll not date someone that I don't find physically attractive, but if "K" is cute to you then I don't see a problem. If you click with her, she's interested, and you like talking to her, what's the issue?
I mean: what if, after dating "A" for a few months you find that she has the personality of a rabbit with ADD? Yeah, she's hot, but if you can't stand her after a few month hot means nothing.
So "K" is cute, you guys click, and she wants you. I'm not seeing an issue here.
Oh, and never hide it. Being politely discrete is one thing, hiding it is prepping for disaster and a kind of preemptive lying. Not good.
As to "T." Ehem,
LET IT GO!!!
You'll be happier if you do. Really, man. She's got a new guy. It's time. Smiley

SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

« Reply #3926 on: May 31, 2010, 03:34:30 pm »

ah, Pocky, I hung about here when I was in a relationship. Aber herzlichen Glückwunsch! Smiley

Thor, I second ( third? fourth?) the previous sentiments: go with K. A, as nice as she might be, seems to have some real issues. I would only accept her putting things off if she agreed to explain what her problem is. Otherwise it´s unfair, you´re being strung along and you have other options available.
As for you ex, leave it.

Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #3927 on: May 31, 2010, 04:00:18 pm »

Congrats, Pocky. And don't worry, I'm taken, but I'm still here as well.

Thor, don't even consider your ex. She's taken, and she's already broken your heart already. It'd be best to leave that be. While I've seen your posts about A in the past, I'd leave her alone for a while. She seems to have some stuff that needs to be worked out. Don't wait around for someone to maybe get their life together enough. At least get to know K.

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
Acheron
Zeppelin Captain
Sweden Sweden

Bastard Man powers, activate! Form of Freud!

« Reply #3928 on: May 31, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »

What do they see you as? A goat? Cheesy

Well, possibly. Or a vending machine. Or a hydraulic jack. It sort of depends on the situation. Of course, I look like a baroque chair, so...

snugglepunk! I´m in on that!

Careful, y'all. You might attract the Vendigroth with this silliness going on.

Also, finger bruises from a ceilidh? Somehow I find myself wondering how the Hell you manage that, and whether if you're really telling us the whole truth, Ms. Poison. Wink

And as for that scenario, Thor...

Apart from wincing at your situation... Well, I can conclude that a 'keep away and don't play on their terms' strategy hasn't worked, so you'll have to take a more aggressive approach, unless you think that you can still keep the upper hand over these girls. Hang out more with 'K' and give her a chance; she might surprise you. But don't go charging in unless 'A' solves her own issues. And disregard both 'A' and 'T' completely unless they are clever enough to warrant attention or you have some really personal connection to them.

That being said, your goal should, of course, be to maintain a laid-back and open attitude, and 'experience' both 'A' and 'K' while maintaining as much distance and personal comfort as possible until you can make a decision, and use any possible information or guilt on 'T' to get back at her. But don't do more than you know you can get away with. Don't aim for the stars, but set a realistic goal and then aim just under it as a safety precaution. Possibly, if these girls know each other or the guy in that relationship, you can use this to your advantage. You know it's what you want, and if you've played the nice guy so far you deserve a little payback.

Me, maybe I'd just settle for 'K' straight away, but even though one can't have all that one desires that's no reason not to try.

'The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.'

- Henry Kissinger
Joozey
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

It's a clockwork universe...

« Reply #3929 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27:41 pm »

Pocky,
You silly goose! If you had read through all 150+ pages you would see that people in relationships are still welcome!  Wink
Can I guess? Is it tacky if I guess? 'Cause if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it was
Grin
o.o rumours spread faster than fire.

Engineer J. Fairbeard, Civil Engineer
Designer of the H.M.S. Mercuria

CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3930 on: May 31, 2010, 04:41:03 pm »

Single. Again.
Me and David had an argument. A big arguement, and, well, I ended it.
So, aye.
I'm back on the market, as they say *sad sigh*

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Auntie Ludmilla
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3931 on: May 31, 2010, 05:08:15 pm »

Sorry to hear that Cornelia, it's horrible when relationships end with a row, hopefully you may be able to part firends once the dust has settled.... ?

"Ifind that wine, when taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkeness" Oscar Wilde
http://www.etsy.com/shop/belladluna
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3932 on: May 31, 2010, 05:46:17 pm »

Sorry to hear that Cornelia, it's horrible when relationships end with a row, hopefully you may be able to part firends once the dust has settled.... ?

I don't know. I really don't know.....
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #3933 on: May 31, 2010, 06:07:51 pm »

sad to hear it Cornelia *hugs*

Acheron, it happens when you are at a ceilidh with a lot of scottish men who know how to twirl a girl properly. And then do a really really long Arcadian Strip the Willow (seriously, i went along the line two and a half times, despite it being thirty-odd couples!). I can try to take proof pictures Tongue
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3934 on: May 31, 2010, 06:12:41 pm »

sad to hear it Cornelia *hugs*

Acheron, it happens when you are at a ceilidh with a lot of scottish men who know how to twirl a girl properly. And then do a really really long Arcadian Strip the Willow (seriously, i went along the line two and a half times, despite it being thirty-odd couples!). I can try to take proof pictures Tongue

Arcadian Strip the Willow! The single most awesome Scottish Ceilidh dance ever, and most definately not a dance for people who get dizzy very easily!  Cheesy
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #3935 on: May 31, 2010, 08:50:40 pm »

Pocky,
You silly goose! If you had read through all 150+ pages you would see that people in relationships are still welcome!  Wink
Grin
If it's not true and not you, my dear Joozy, I apologize.
I have a habit of seeing things others miss, and sometimes I'm inaccurate in my estimates. Smiley
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3936 on: May 31, 2010, 09:05:27 pm »

Now I'm getting threatening text messages from his sister and her friend  Roll Eyes
Both of them are 12.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #3937 on: May 31, 2010, 09:07:52 pm »

Now I'm getting threatening text messages from his sister and her friend  Roll Eyes
Both of them are 12.
Ignore them. They're not worth your time. And if it gets to be too much, block their numbers on your phone.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #3938 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:26 pm »

Both of them are 12.
Ignore them. They're not worth your time. And if it gets to be too much, block their numbers on your phone.

And if that doesn't help, there's always the good ol' 999. (911 for y'all americans out there) Grin

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
okoshima
« Reply #3939 on: May 31, 2010, 09:30:13 pm »

cornelia, all i can say is that sucks. been there myself just ignore them n they should get bored. and sorry to hear about the argument. his loss though
Joozey
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3940 on: May 31, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »

Pocky,
Grin
I have a habit of seeing things others miss, and sometimes I'm inaccurate in my estimates. Smiley
You thought I read your post on accident? Smiley Congratulations with your blessed senses. But why on earth of all the members in this forum did you mention me? I don't post that often on brassgoggles Cheesy.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #3941 on: May 31, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »

Pocky,
Grin
You thought I read your post on accident? Smiley Congratulations with your blessed senses. But why on earth of all the members in this forum did you mention me? I don't post that often on brassgoggles Cheesy.
I guess the best way to put it is that I pay attention to things others miss.
All it really took was a few good pictures involving some innocent fun and a happy post by Pocky.
The rest is intuition and observation.

I'm happy for both of you. It's always nice what you find that certain someone. Smiley
Miss Groves
Zeppelin Captain

running out of steam

« Reply #3942 on: May 31, 2010, 10:22:57 pm »

cornelia -  Cry hope thing get better for you soon.

pocky 'n' joozy congrats, much happiness to you

everyone else can have guilt free cake and cookies !
*sits down on baroque looking chair* oops sorry mr acheron...

Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #3943 on: May 31, 2010, 11:11:58 pm »

Both of them are 12.

12!! thats insane. I'd just ignore them sweets. They're too young to understand the ins and outs of whats happened. Has your phone got a number block on it? if so maybe you should use that.
Best of luck
xx

And then do a really really long Arcadian Strip the Willow

My God I've not danced that since I was about 12  Cheesy We used to know a really great  band down in devon who could kill half the dancers with that one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:15:09 pm by RoseOak » Logged

SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #3944 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:28 am »

My God I've not danced that since I was about 12  Cheesy We used to know a really great  band down in devon who could kill half the dancers with that one.
surely that´s the point? Cheesy

cornelia, ignore the kids.
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3945 on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:16 am »

I certainly scared them when I threatened to get the police involved.
My ex's sis backed off, but her friend threatened me again. Quite clear that she was spooked.
okoshima
« Reply #3946 on: June 01, 2010, 02:41:34 am »

I certainly scared them when I threatened to get the police involved.
My ex's sis backed off, but her friend threatened me again. Quite clear that she was spooked.

*steam fives*

now all we need is 4 nuns, a preist, small boy and a biker... then meet me out back in the airship
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #3947 on: June 01, 2010, 02:51:21 am »

Anyhoo, sleepy time for me. Night.
*Curls up on the sofa and falls asleep*
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #3948 on: June 01, 2010, 05:07:56 am »

Both of them are 12.

Fear not the Ankle-Biters, for they shall attract the Dachshunds of Doom!

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Joozey
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3949 on: June 01, 2010, 09:24:56 am »

I guess the best way to put it is that I pay attention to things others miss.
All it really took was a few good pictures involving some innocent fun and a happy post by Pocky.
The rest is intuition and observation.
Interesting, but well guessed anyway Cheesy my compliments.

I'm happy for both of you. It's always nice what you find that certain someone. Smiley
pocky 'n' joozy congrats, much happiness to you
Thank you, no short on happiness for sure Smiley

I wish those in hard times of 'broken up' a fine evening with a warmthly hearth in a cozy leather chair surrounded by good friends under the delight of a drink and plenty anodyne, conversations Cheesy. All the best Cornelia!
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: