The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 18, 2019, 07:51:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 165   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lonely Gear (A singles bar)  (Read 184742 times)
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Rawr

« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2009, 06:16:25 pm »

SweetestPoison, Lady Corsair, RoseOak, and Gabriel-chan (you posted in a different thread,how was I supposed to find it? ) , Thanks for the unbiased thoughts. I like the idea of shorter in the back. hmmmm...I see what I come up with.

Thanks again!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:49:46 pm by Ryu » Logged
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »

I love the shape of your face, its a nice  hairstyle that you already have  so you want your hair to frame  yor face quite softly

SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2009, 10:07:03 pm »

*wanders in, goes behind the bar and wipes the counter* anyone for a beverage?

Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2009, 10:21:34 pm »

Yes please, anything that isn't alcoholic!

Non-drinker. I always used to have to drive to parties and found I enjoyed hammering around back roads at 2am to much to develop a taste for the stuff.
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2009, 10:30:19 pm »

tea, then? *hands you a steaming cup* and how was your day Smiley
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2009, 10:34:33 pm »

tea, then? *hands you a steaming cup* and how was your day Smiley

Thanks!

Not too bad. Working tomorrow, 10am until anyone's guess. Will be a late night shift but it might not be a full 12 hours depending on how long it takes us to get the show installed.
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:16 pm »

nice Smiley I will be reading books on copyright law and supervising the preparation of the thanksgiving dinner Cheesy

my, it is quiet in here today
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2009, 10:45:28 pm »

I'm hoping there'll be a gap in the middle of mine. They want me in to help with setup and then to ride shotgun for the performance - basically grab a spare seat in the lighting box as the group are supposedly bringing their own techies.

If they don't, guess who gets to coax life from the world's most mentally unstable lighting board!
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2009, 12:47:55 am »

been nice and sober all night, Now fancy a nightcap
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2009, 02:00:57 am »

I fancy a little something to drink myself...

Aaah, Tomorrow we yanks celebrate the anniversary of John Winthrop's ilk sharing a dead bird with the nice folk that they gave small-pox to.

I am going to tuck in to a good amount of that bird. Wink

What are the plans for the rest of you?
JingleJoe
Zeppelin Overlord

The Green Dungeon Alchemist

« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2009, 02:55:59 am »

What are the plans for the rest of you?
Science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, sawing wood for shelves then science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science, science and willing more people to bid on my goggles on ebay Grin
I might attempt to have a social life too ... but the allure of my workbench is too strong!

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.
Nex
Snr. Officer
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2009, 03:50:21 am »

Place to chat about whatever comes to mind eh...
Due to it being quarter to 3 in the morning, and having not really eaten properly in ages this is probably not a good idea.

First thing to come to mind The Queer Geer( A room for LGBT forum goers) and The League of Left-Handers threads...every time I see them a little part of me wants to set up a straight and a right handers metagroup, another part of me just wants to go into the threads and say why don't we just all stick together and not split up on minor differences.

I'm so gonna see this post tomorrow and be like "why do I let myself post so early in the morning."
 Cheesy

I'll just sit in a dark corner of the bar and murmur to myself from now on.
 Undecided
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:51:56 am by Nex » Logged

Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2009, 04:01:25 am »

Place to chat about whatever comes to mind eh...
Due to it being quarter to 3 in the morning, and having not really eaten properly in ages this is probably not a good idea.

First thing to come to mind The Queer Geer( A room for LGBT forum goers) and The League of Left-Handers threads...every time I see them a little part of me wants to set up a straight and a right handers metagroup, another part of me just wants to go into the threads and say why don't we just all stick together and not split up on minor differences.

I'm so gonna see this post tomorrow and be like "why do I let myself post so early in the morning."
 Cheesy

I'll just sit in a dark corner of the bar and murmur to myself from now on.
 Undecided
I actually agree with you when it comes to the idea of not splitting up the fun.
But on the other hand, I also understand wanting a club where the like minded can share a bit of exclusivity with their compatriots.
And speaking as someone straight who's been involved in the gay community, you really have to BE gay to get it.
It's why I suggested it.

As long as your Hetero/Right-handed/Evil-monster/Non-smoking/Top-Lovers/Mens-only/Ladies-club wasn't discriminatory and didn't attack anyone, I don't see the problem.
(Other than mayhap an overly and gratuitously silly name... Wink)
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2009, 04:45:03 am »

*Wanders behind the bar, scrounges up some chocolate mint tea, and sits over by the hearth*

I always thought that having so many different threads was ok, but just as long as they're being used. I mean are all the threads being used?? There have to be a few forgotten threads out there, right?

Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2009, 04:50:09 am »

There will always be derelict threads here and there.
Thedomancy is discouraged on this forum system, so it's inevitable.
But if you do find an old thread that has something you want to talk about in it, you can always start a new thread! Grin

*Places out a plate of bickies for Ryu*
Smiley
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2009, 05:02:41 am »

Thank you Gabriel-chan.  Smiley

*Picks a bickie off the plate and nibbles on it thoughtfully.*

Yeah, it just seems like a waste of 'space'. It was overwhelming for me, when I first stumbled up on this forum, to sift through all the threads to find what I was looking for. But,*shrugs* oh well.

Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2009, 05:08:22 am »

Well, Dearheart, what are you looking for?
Or was it that it's difficult to brows through so much?
I get that. I had a dickens of a time wading through the archives when I first got here.
You get the hang of it after a while.

And I've made some very nice friends here since I started actively posting in August of this year.
(like you Smiley)

*Takes other seat by the fire, nibbles a bicky*
Nex
Snr. Officer
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2009, 05:11:00 am »

I really should do more sifting than I do. I think I rely on "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" far too much, I'm bound to have missed some great posts I'm sure.

And yeah early morning rambling posts are as far as I go. I hardly ever start threads when I am fully cognitive, never mind doing so when I'm rambling.
 Cheesy
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2009, 05:22:31 am »

Oh I found what I had been looking for, but it was very difficult to find it. Now I mostly rely on "Show unread posts since last visit" link when I'm not looking for anything particular.  Grin

It's kinda funny how fast you "meet" people online. I've lived in my "new town" for what will be 3 years now and, well, I haven't really met anyone. But I've been on here since October and I've met lots of people (like you Smiley ). *shrugs and takes another bicky*   
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:12:44 pm by Ryu » Logged
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2009, 05:48:44 am »

I really should do more sifting than I do. I think I rely on "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" far too much, I'm bound to have missed some great posts I'm sure.

And yeah early morning rambling posts are as far as I go. I hardly ever start threads when I am fully cognitive, never mind doing so when I'm rambling.
 Cheesy

I use that for my day to day checks, although I do also utilize the search feature if I'm looking for something specific.  If I don't find it in the results, then I start a new thread (only had to do that once so far  Wink ). 

Where are you located Ryu?  Here in Seattle, we have the infamous "Seattle Freeze."  Honestly, here, you have to be willing to plan stuff and invite people yourself or be willing to invite yourself along when you hear people making their plans.  I'm not very good at the latter. Smiley

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
Nex
Snr. Officer
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2009, 05:53:54 am »

It's kinda funny how fast you "meet" people online. I've lived in my "new town" for what will be 3 years now and, well, I haven't really met anyone. But I've been on here since October and I've met lots of people.

The internet is truly a weird phenomenon in that respect.

While I do kinda feel meeting in real life and meeting online are often very different, if only because I'm probably fairly different online than I am face to face when I have anxiety or paranoia taking up half or more of my attention so I guess that would be true of other people too possibly.
It is still nice when you meet likeminded/friendly people in any circumstance.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:57:43 am by Nex » Logged
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2009, 06:07:20 am »

The internet is truly a weird phenomenon in that respect.
I've told people who's names I don't know, and who don't know my name, more things that I've probably told my closest friends or family.
While I do kinda feel meeting in real life and meeting online are often very different, if only because I'm probably fairly different online than I am face to face when I have anxiety or paranoia taking up half or more of my attention so I guess that would be true of other people too possibly.
It is still nice when you meet likeminded/friendly people in any circumstance.
 Smiley

It's true for me, I think I'm a lot more approachable online...(Of course you can't see my face so that helps. Grin) And it was so refreshing to find people who think mostly like I do.
The internet is a strange place.

Lady Corsair; I am located way on the east coast, NJ. Though I'm moving to Georgia in January. (College)
Gypsy
Gunner

« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2009, 09:08:52 pm »

It's true for me, I think I'm a lot more approachable online...(Of course you can't see my face so that helps. Grin) And it was so refreshing to find people who think mostly like I do.
The internet is a strange place.

Lady Corsair; I am located way on the east coast, NJ. Though I'm moving to Georgia in January. (College)

I think you'll have a better time in GA. People in the south seem always willing to add more friends to thier social groups. I think it's easier to make friends in the south. Honestly, I love to south.

Viaţa este frumoasă
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2009, 11:17:07 pm »

*rolls in fuld of turkey, gravy and crumble*

I wholeheartedly agree with Gypsy. I enjoyed the south immensely Smiley
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2009, 02:54:43 am »

Yeah, my sister says I should be fine. (she went to the same college I'm heading to)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 165   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: