The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 17, 2019, 04:32:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 165   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lonely Gear (A singles bar)  (Read 185768 times)
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:13 pm »

I talked myself out of a nice pair of heels in pale blue and tan. they had  4" heels with buckles, eyelets and a cute little catch. Very steamy and  I wish I hadn't  Angry.
 I'll have to go and get them tomorrow

whew, 4 inches would put me at 6ft tall!  No thanks, I already tower over most women and quite a few men. Tongue  about 2 in. in my limit.

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »

Guessing wool hunting is as hazardous to the wallet as lens hunting?

well I have a appointment to see some machine yarn and a lace attachment for my machine

Thank you kindly, Miss. I'm fine for the next few minutes...Hmmm...four-inch heels... How they can make such tall heels without 'em breaking all the time is beyond me.

I have an utterly delicious pair of 6" heels in my wardrobe for special occassions

whew, 4 inches would put me at 6ft tall!  No thanks, I already tower over most women and quite a few men. Tongue  about 2 in. in my limit.

4" put me at 5ft 4"

Gypsy
Gunner

« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2009, 08:46:43 pm »

Thank you kindly, Miss. I'm fine for the next few minutes...Hmmm...four-inch heels... How they can make such tall heels without 'em breaking all the time is beyond me.

I have an utterly delicious pair of 6" heels in my wardrobe for special occassions

4" put me at 5ft 4"

5" heels are my top choice. I like how they make you straighten up and you feel powerful walking in them. It's a lot like wearing a corset. If I'm wearing some nice tall heels and a corset, nothing can stop me.

I'm 5'6", but fortunately most of the men I've dated recently are over 6ft tall, so I can always pull off wearing heels.

Viaţa este frumoasă
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2009, 08:52:06 pm »

As the ladies talk about their height in heels, so we gents can talk about our height in toppers...
Thus I happen to be 6'6'' when wearing my silk topper with a 6 1/4'' crown...

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:15 pm »

5" heels are my top choice. I like how they make you straighten up and you feel powerful walking in them. It's a lot like wearing a corset. If I'm wearing some nice tall heels and a corset, nothing can stop me.

I'm 5'6", but fortunately most of the men I've dated recently are over 6ft tall, so I can always pull off wearing heels.

I know that feeling  Grin  I have  the heels but still need the corset. I'm thinking of starting a fund - all donations welcome Cheesy

I tend to attract  guys of the 6ft nature so heels are more a must then a fashion statement
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2009, 09:09:17 pm »

heels make you feel brilliant Smiley and since i´m only 5´2" I can wear whatever height heels i can bear Cheesy

RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2009, 09:16:32 pm »

heels make you feel brilliant Smiley and since i´m only 5´2" I can wear whatever height heels i can bear Cheesy

Sometimes being small has its advantages.

I'm waiting for someone to invent a heel that collapses into a flat it you need to run for something
Frau Tankgerhausen
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

The miss with love for giant weapons.

« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2009, 09:27:00 pm »

I'm 5'7",and I don't really care about how high my heels are. Roll Eyes
Great thing about the Netherlands, we are the tallest people on earth together with the masai in Africa.

Plastic parts and glue,
doing everything I can do,
to build the steambears.<3

....How hyu gun get him to do dat?
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2009, 09:28:23 pm »

frau is right Sad my fellow Germans are generally quite tall, i am happy here in scotland with all the fellow shorties Cheesy

roseoak, that would be brilliant
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2009, 09:31:40 pm »

As the ladies talk about their height in heels, so we gents can talk about our height in toppers...

Friend of mine tops 7'2'' with his topper...tall chap. With massive amounts of curly hair on top of his head (which we reckon makes up for half his height >.<).
I stand at the average height of 5'10''. Quite nice being this height, or at least I like it.

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »

Friend of mine tops 7'2'' with his topper...tall chap. With massive amounts of curly hair on top of his head (which we reckon makes up for half his height >.<).
I stand at the average height of 5'10''. Quite nice being this height, or at least I like it.

I like being just above average height... I can crane my neck and stand above everyone in a crowd, but not so far as to stand out.  
Frau Tankgerhausen
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2009, 09:34:01 pm »

frau is right Sad my fellow Germans are generally quite tall, i am happy here in scotland with all the fellow shorties Cheesy

roseoak, that would be brilliant
Myes, maybe they had dutch ancestors. Roll Eyes
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »

I am lucky that I live in the Pacific Northwest; apparently we tend to attract those that are above average height (according to a DJ from California, who was average height).  I'm tall, but I don't stand out in a crowd. 

I did try on a pair of 4in heels the other day, and my feet were not please.  They did not think that was funny, nor did my calves.
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »

well I have a appointment to see some machine yarn and a lace attachment for my machine

"lace attachment" sounds as dangerous to finances as "135mm f3.5"...  Wink

Actually, that's not entirely fair. If you want horrific expense take a look at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentax-smc-40mm-2-8-Limited/dp/B00077KMXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259011168&sr=8-1

That lens is about the same thickness as a cork tablemat. Optically it's probably equalled by the old manual focus ones I buy for about an eighth of the price!
Gypsy
Gunner

« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2009, 10:54:50 pm »

I know that feeling  Grin  I have  the heels but still need the corset. I'm thinking of starting a fund - all donations welcome Cheesy

I tend to attract  guys of the 6ft nature so heels are more a must then a fashion statement

I would say it's a practical fashion statement, which are the best kind. It can be awkward standing and trying to smooch with fellows who tower above you. I sprain my neck and they hurt their backs haha. So, the heels help a good bit with that kind of physical exercise.

As for the corset, I've found a couple of mine on Ebay for under $15. I recommend searching there. Just make sure you write in the price box what you're looking for. Start with .01 cent as the minimum and then go 5 or 10 dollars under what you would spend maximum. Oh, and be sure to check the shipping rates, since some of those sellers can be quite devious in putting a corset up for sale at a dollar and then charging 20 dollars shipping.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:36 pm »

sheeesh! but that is nice.
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »

sheeesh! but that is nice.

It is a pretty lens. I like prime lenses (as opposed to zooms) as they're more compact and produce sharper photos. With cameras, size is indeed less important than how you use it Wink
Ulfilias
Snr. Officer

ulfilias
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:50 pm »

Oh no....Go with the Heels, just find a taller gent to perch your arm on.

At 6'4" it is nice to find a lady one does not need to put on a step to have a conversation at eye level with.

No idea what quite i hit hese days. In my punkier days i did used to have a mohawk that was over a foot tall....The topper makes a nice substitute, but i'd like to find a tall stove pipe style (lincoln) one to really make a statement ;-)

I probably shouldn't mention the thigh high lace up stillettos that i accidentaly picked up offf a friend....they add an interesting perspective to things !

"My clothes will impress you, and my claws will undress you" - The Damned
Gypsy
Gunner

« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:10 pm »

I probably shouldn't mention the thigh high lace up stillettos that i accidentaly picked up offf a friend....they add an interesting perspective to things !

I have a pair of those. Also 5" heels.
Evany
Gunner

« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:45 pm »

I cannot cope in heels, I'm of a large build but my feet are only a size five so I'm a bit like a barbie balancing on tiny feet compared to my body.  I think I just need to break myself in but I just get tired concentrating not falling over.  Does anyone else get that? I'm always concerned that I'm going to fall over or hit a crack in the road.  I guess breaking my ankle twice doesn't help much....

Follow my chronicles of my crew... Harttinger's Chronicles
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »

The only height-improving clothing I own is a pith helmet.
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2009, 11:29:56 pm »

miss evany, I dont fall over, but get crippling pain in my feet. ah, il faut suffrir pour etre belle..
Ulfilias
Snr. Officer

ulfilias
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2009, 11:31:02 pm »

I have a pair of those. Also 5" heels.

Yeah....but your a lady !!!

Although i might add i tend to wear them with very tight jeans rather than a skirt as cross dressing has never really appealed, but long shiney pretty boots is another matter !
JingleJoe
Zeppelin Overlord

The Green Dungeon Alchemist

« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2009, 01:09:06 am »

This place certainly is full of life, I think thats 4 new pages scince I last checked Cheesy ... Maybe I will find some more steampunk life within a 10 mile radius of me now Smiley

I just got myself a new gun. Grin

Only need to wait for its arrival. <3

It's not a nerf, huzzah! Grin It's almost as beautiful as yourself Miss Tankgerhausen Wink

We would all be great friends in RL, I'm sure of it, but we're all too far away from each other.

We. Need. Zeppelins. Cool

The only height-improving clothing I own is a pith helmet.

I have to avoid such articles or else the planes and airships will be colliding with me Roll Eyes

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.
Frau Tankgerhausen
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2009, 12:02:11 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we need to have a steampunk colony.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 165   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: