The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 21, 2019, 12:25:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 165   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lonely Gear (A singles bar)  (Read 185959 times)
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53:03 am »

Mine is in the corner of the hall. I got it off a guy who raced siberian huskies and was off to scotland for the space and the snow

Ryu
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Rawr

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:22 am »

I've placement tests tomorrow to see where I'll have to start when I go back to school.
College, here I come! Smiley

By the way, if you don't mind my asking.... where?
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:37 am »

was off to scotland for the space and the snow

space - yes. snow - no.

RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2009, 01:01:37 am »

was off to scotland for the space and the snow

space - yes. snow - no.

one out of two I think he could live with
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2009, 01:05:24 am »

I've placement tests tomorrow to see where I'll have to start when I go back to school.
College, here I come! Smiley

By the way, if you don't mind my asking.... where?
I don't mind at all, Little Dragon. Wink

Northern Virginia Community College (NoVa CC).
I got my GED because, though I test very well, I got horrid grades in high school.
I've gotten much better at focusing myself so I think it's about time to try it again.
That and the fact that I've plans that would be better implemented if I had some sort of degree.

I'm going for a Bachelors in Marketing. Grin
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:18 am »

I don't mind at all, Little Dragon. Wink
Northern Virginia Community College (NoVa CC).
I got my GED because, though I test very well, I got horrid grades in high school.
I've gotten much better at focusing myself so I think it's about time to try it again.
That and the fact that I've plans that would be better implemented if I had some sort of degree.
I'm going for a Bachelors in Marketing. Grin

See, I have the opposite problem, good grades,(when I put my mind to it), but terrible when taking a test. I think I freak myself out. 
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:01 am »

See, I have the opposite problem, good grades,(when I put my mind to it), but terrible when taking a test. I think I freak myself out. 
I got test anxiety for a bit.
For some reason though, I have found that it's easy to remember the answers to things, I just don't like to sit and write out things that seem pointless to me.

I also like doing basic algebra in my head... Lips sealed

It should be fun!

If you don't mind my asking, where do you attend college?
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2009, 01:25:53 am »

I hate writing long drawn out answers if I think I can answer it with a shorter one.

Math....... Sorry but math and I are sworn enemies.  Tongue

And I don't mind.
Well, currently I'm taking a few classes at a community college near me, in January I'll be going down to Georgia. 
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2009, 01:34:18 am »

Oooo, Georgia.
You'll be a hop, skip and a jump away from Dragon*Con!

That's exciting!

See, I love math. But please, don't hold it against me.
It's a torturer filled love/hate relationship, me and math... Wink

I'll hopefully start classes in January as well.
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:23 am »

I test well, but I get bored with homework.  So I did pretty well in undergrad. Grin  And i ADORE math and am very good at it, although I didn't take much in undergrad, which I regret a bit.

Grad school seems to be about the same but ALOT more group work.   Undecided

*pulls her boots off and start rubbing her feet* Got new boots and, God only knows why, decided to take them for the ultimate test: an Ikea run.  Now the balls of my feet are all swollen.  But not blistered!  Yay!  And they actually did pretty well.  I mean, you can wear tennis shoes to Ikea and still have sore feet by the end.

Soon, I have to start dinner, since I'm making some beef vegetable soup.  Gotta cook it at least 2 hours.

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2009, 01:50:39 am »

@Gabriel: Yeah Dragon*con is only 2 hours away. The only problem is no car..... Cry

I won't hold it against you, I'm just way to right brained to get it.  Grin

@Lady Corsair: I love Ikea! I like to look at all the fun furniture, and then try to figure out if my Dad and I can build it. It's true, Ikea is killer on feet.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59:52 am »

10 Months is PLENTY of time to figure out how to get there. (says the guy who wants to go but has NO idea how he'll pull it off...)

You never know. You may end up with a roommate or friend on campus that plans on going.
That, and colleges are notorious for having ride-sharing set up for events and concerts.

So don't despair. There may be hope yet! Smiley
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:43 am »

Oh I know I have plenty of time. I just enjoyed this years a lot. (It was my first time) And I want to go again.  Grin

I'm also not to good with meeting people

Drac
Snr. Officer

it's a start! what's next?

« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2009, 02:18:29 am »

Oh I know I have plenty of time. I just enjoyed this years a lot. (It was my first time) And I want to go again.  Grin

I'm also not to good with meeting people

hmmm... wonder if you passed by me booth in the vendors room. me booth was the one with the almost exclusively... um... "adult" leather goodies.

it iz pozzible... I think... maybe sort of
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2009, 02:22:03 am »

...........Um vendor name??

I don't know...... I can be a little oblivious...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:24:57 am by Ryu » Logged
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2009, 02:32:50 am »

@Lady Corsair: I love Ikea! I like to look at all the fun furniture, and then try to figure out if my Dad and I can build it. It's true, Ikea is killer on feet.

We bought a GIANT corner workstation for the living room, but didn't have time to set it up, so it's in the kitchen now.  

They we bought some little stuff for the kitchen.  My brother was living alone for a while, so when I moved in he didn't have enough bowls and plates and such.  Sadly, we couldn't find the same ones he had. Sad  

Drac
Snr. Officer

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2009, 02:42:21 am »

...........Um vendor name??

I don't know...... I can be a little oblivious...

Molly's Leather. was against the wall on the right hand side of the room and across from a corset booth (marvelous mayhem)and a renfair type stuff booth. between the three of the booths that whole area smelled like leather.
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:19 am »

Ummmm... I'm not sure....  Undecided  It was my first Dragon*con so I kinda had sensory overload mixed with some "culture shock". I was with the girl in the big pink Kaylee party dress.
Gypsy
Gunner

« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2009, 03:21:51 am »

*Saunters up to bar*

I'll take Whiskey please. Straight. Oh, and I like to drink straight from the bottle.

College talk, eh?

I, too, will be returning to school in the Spring after a few years break. Fashion Merchandising will be my major. I'll also be older than most of the students, considering if I had never taken I break I would've graduated a year ago.

Viaţa este frumoasă
Drac
Snr. Officer

« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2009, 04:14:27 am »

Ummmm... I'm not sure....  Undecided  It was my first Dragon*con so I kinda had sensory overload mixed with some "culture shock". I was with the girl in the big pink Kaylee party dress.

yeah, a lot of peeps get overloaded during their first d-con. *L* I didn't really leave me hotel room at night except for a couple of ciggies and was in leather armor based on the cartoon "batman beyond" friday night for an hour so I would've missed your outfit unless you wore it through the dealers room during the day in which case if I did see it I've unfortunately forgotten. memory like a steel sieve, you see.  Tongue
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2009, 05:11:50 am »

Man, I wish I'd taken a before and after of my bedroom.  I just spent the last 3 hours straightening it up and moving around furniture. 
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2009, 05:29:52 am »

Man, I wish I'd taken a before and after of my bedroom.  I just spent the last 3 hours straightening it up and moving around furniture. 

I did that a couple of times with my room. Grin one would say it's not only a completely different room but a completely different building as well. Grin

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2009, 05:58:57 am »

yeah, a lot of peeps get overloaded during their first d-con. *L* I didn't really leave me hotel room at night except for a couple of ciggies and was in leather armor based on the cartoon "batman beyond" friday night for an hour so I would've missed your outfit unless you wore it through the dealers room during the day in which case if I did see it I've unfortunately forgotten. memory like a steel sieve, you see.  Tongue

Leather Batman beyond armor? That sounds really awesome.
My friend wore the Kaylee dress all day Sunday (I think). It was big pink and poofy. I wasn't dressed as anything special.
It's Ok, I have a terrible memory too.
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2009, 06:17:10 am »

I did that a couple of times with my room. Grin one would say it's not only a completely different room but a completely different building as well. Grin

Hah, it isn't THAT different, but still better.  I just switched a small bookcase and a dresser.  Sadly, I have WAY too much stuff in this tiny room, and nowhere to put it, so there are still boxes all over the place.  Sad
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:38 am »

Hah, it isn't THAT different, but still better.  I just switched a small bookcase and a dresser.  Sadly, I have WAY too much stuff in this tiny room, and nowhere to put it, so there are still boxes all over the place.  Sad

My room, before I start cleaning it, is usually full of random junk. Then after I clean it, you can like, actually see the floor. Grin And no, I'm not gonna show you any pics. Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 165   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: