It's been a while since posting my last project (the teapipe), so I figured it was time to pull something else from the pile.
So...I was rounding brown belt, and my wife pointed out that I ought to have a display case for my belts the likes of which she'd seen in the schools. Liking the idea, I did a bit of searching but didn't find anything that quite fit my sense of aesthetics.
So, I started sketching my own. After a bit of design, experimenting, and--most importantly--simplification, I began feeling a bit like Agatha Heterodyne's fashion clank..."I see copper complimenting all of those canvas colors--and an
insane amount of drapery cord...with tassles!"
At any rate, here are the blurry results (
...cell phone photo):
It's essentially 1/2" copper tubing with T-joints and elbows at the proper places, threaded with drapery cord (and the requisite tassles). The belts are held in place with copper U-brackets designed to secure the tubing to a wall and copper wire. The T-joints are prevented from sliding down the cord also with copper wire (wrapped around the cord with ends of the wire jutting out past the edges of the joint to act as a "stop").