Author Topic: Hilarious pictures you've found on the internet.  (Read 311566 times)

akumabito

• Immortal
  • ~~Blast from the past~~

Capt. Dirigible

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.
Re: Hilarious pictures you've found on the internet.
« Reply #2401 on: June 08, 2012, 01:34:03 pm »

Ah! Buster! Gawd bless 'im! That's from the excellent 'Our Hospitality'..made in 1923 and set in the 1830s. I'm a big fan of Buster Keaton. There's another scene in the same film where he boards a Stephenson's Rocket type locomotive. The track for it has been laid over a very uneven surface making for a very bumpy ride
..after having his  large topper crammed onto his head after several bumps..

he dips into his carpetbag and swaps it for the low crowned hat we associate him with..
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

bassspine

• Snr. Officer
  • inventor of Castrol-R aftershave
« Reply #2402 on: June 08, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

Ah! Buster! Gawd bless 'im! That's from the excellent 'Our Hospitality'..made in 1923 and set in the 1830s. I'm a big fan of Buster Keaton. There's another scene in the same film where he boards a Stephenson's Rocket type locomotive. The track for it has been laid over a very uneven surface making for a very bumpy ride
..after having his  large topper crammed onto his head after several bumps..

he dips into his carpetbag and swaps it for the low crowned hat we associate him with..

I love that topper :-) Capacious.
Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!

Aleister Crow

• Zeppelin Overlord
  • It's only an Unnamable Horror until you name it.
    • Crow's Contraptions
'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'

chicar

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope
    • My Facebook Page
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
« Reply #2405 on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:39 am »

I think I remember going out with this girl back in the '80s. It's all kind of a blur, though...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

Hez

• Zeppelin Captain
  • aka Miss Primrose C Leigh
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:13:47 am by Hez »

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
  • https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack
    • rovingjack.com
« Reply #2407 on: June 10, 2012, 06:40:28 am »
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

neon_suntan

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • The scribe wore black
    • Neon_suntan
« Reply #2408 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

I think I remember going out with this girl back in the '80s. It's all kind of a blur, though...

I heard she dated some Austrian guy, they split up after he made some film he made....

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2409 on: June 14, 2012, 03:43:06 am »
I found the photo opportunity, took the picture and put it on the internet...the picture alone is cute and kinda funny, but look at the paws of the cat on top and tie it in with the Cravendale Milk commercial from awhile back. (and yes...she does use them as thumbs and NO this was not photoshopped...some color editing, but nothing more)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:56:30 am by D.Oakes »
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

rovingjack

• Zeppelin Overlord
  • https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack
    • rovingjack.com
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:02:38 pm by rovingjack »

James Harrison

• Immortal
  • Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences
« Reply #2411 on: June 15, 2012, 03:05:21 pm »
This is a lot like how it feels to work where I currently do:

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
  • Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.
    • Facebook - the Pea Green years.
« Reply #2412 on: June 15, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

chicar

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2413 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »
A little context is of order.....

Quoted from cracked.com's ''5 Villains That Were Thinly-Veiled Version Of Real People'' paragraph on Moe Szyslak:
Unless you've been living under a pop-culture-blocking rock for the last 22 years, you know Moe. He's the owner of Moe's Tavern on The Simpsons, the lovable galoot with the gruff voice and the longest-suffering victim of a running gag since the British decided to start pronouncing the word "schedule" like "shedule." Bart Simpson would call the bar and ask to speak with a hilariously named patron, like Amanda Huggenkiss or Maya Buttreeks. Imagine getting calls like that for 22 years. You'd end up looking like a jaundiced gorilla, too.

The real Moe was ex-boxer Louis "Red" Deutsch, who owned a bar in Jersey City and wound up becoming famous for screaming at phone pranksters.But when Matt Groening created the character of Moe Szyslak, it wasn't Red's face he had in mind, it was his voice. Specifically, recordings of Red unleashing an unholy tirade of insults, profanities and creative death threats at prank callers.
Before there was such a thing as 4chan, there were Jim Davidson and John Elmo, two punks in the '70s with nothing better to do than call up local bar owners and ask for ridiculously named guests like Ben Dover and Cole Kutz. Most of the bartenders caught on and hung up; others occasionally called out the names, realized their folly, then hung up and moved on with their lives.

Not Red.

Perhaps due to 20 too many knocks to the old noggin, or perhaps due to his own refusal to believe anyone would have the gall to mess with a 6-foot-tall former heavyweight boxer, Red fell for the pranks every time. But that wasn't the interesting part. The interesting part was what happened on the occasions when Red figured out he was getting played the chump. He unleashed insults so hilarious that the pranksters ended up recording them for the entertainment of others, especially since Red had an unusually raspy voice that was amusing in its own right.

The recordings were so funny, in fact, that friends made copies and spread them throughout the country. Before you knew it, Red Deutsch went viral. Groening himself admitted he was a fan of the Tube Bar prank calls. Watch this recreation using real audio to see why (Chicar's Warning: NSFW):
Red DVD (pt. 2)

neon_suntan

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • The scribe wore black
    • Neon_suntan
« Reply #2414 on: June 17, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »
A little context is of order.....

Quoted from cracked.com's ''5 Villains That Were Thinly-Veiled Version Of Real People'' paragraph on Moe Szyslak:
Unless you've been living under a pop-culture-blocking rock for the last 22 years, you know Moe. He's the owner of Moe's Tavern on The Simpsons, the lovable galoot with the gruff voice and the longest-suffering victim of a running gag since the British decided to start pronouncing the word "schedule" like "shedule." Bart Simpson would call the bar and ask to speak with a hilariously named patron, like Amanda Huggenkiss or Maya Buttreeks. Imagine getting calls like that for 22 years. You'd end up looking like a jaundiced gorilla, too.

The real Moe was ex-boxer Louis "Red" Deutsch, who owned a bar in Jersey City and wound up becoming famous for screaming at phone pranksters.But when Matt Groening created the character of Moe Szyslak, it wasn't Red's face he had in mind, it was his voice. Specifically, recordings of Red unleashing an unholy tirade of insults, profanities and creative death threats at prank callers.

Moe Szyslak's appearance and demeanour was also modelled on American Comedian Rich Hall

Maeg

• Snr. Officer
    • My DeviantArt-Pictures and writings.
« Reply #2415 on: June 17, 2012, 06:40:55 pm »
According to Mrs M., the following is an example of what has become to be known as 'screeeee!!!' amongst the adolescent female population. I am taken to understand that this term signifies an excess of cute. Being a gentleman I can scarce afford to debase myself with such affecting displays of emotion...

... but I'll make an excuse for this chap. Look at him!

M.

Mad Maudlin

• Snr. Officer
  • Defenestratrix
« Reply #2416 on: June 18, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »
That's "squee".
To Hell with ponies, I want an Airship!
"...If I ever see anyone in a ‘sexy clockwork automaton’ costume they picked up off a supermarket shelf I’m going to beat them to death with their plastic cog mini-skirt..."
-Dylan Fox in issue 7 of <i>SteamPunk</i> magazine

Aleister Crow

• Zeppelin Overlord
  • It's only an Unnamable Horror until you name it.
    • Crow's Contraptions
« Reply #2417 on: June 18, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »
I think 'screeee' usually has something to do with running off in terror.

But there could be dialect differences 'cross the oceans blue.

neon_suntan

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • The scribe wore black
    • Neon_suntan

Newchurch

• Snr. Officer
    • Forest Moon Studio
« Reply #2419 on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:28 pm »

The Ancient One Awakens...

Found - with much else - here:  http://www.cracked.com/article_19817_18-images-you-wont-believe-arent-photoshopped-part-9.html

Sorry if a re-post.  97 pages in this thread already.

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2420 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:28 pm »
I found a hilarious picture of me on the internet and I really hope my friend who has it, has set it to public....it is awesome!!!!! 

If not, I guess I am left to describe it as a victorian photo-bomber....with a glass of absinthe and you should really become my friend on facebook.   ;D

Jedediah Solomon

• Snr. Officer
  • If all else fails, get a larger hammer
« Reply #2421 on: June 19, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »

The Ancient One Awakens...

Found - with much else - here:  http://www.cracked.com/article_19817_18-images-you-wont-believe-arent-photoshopped-part-9.html

Sorry if a re-post.  97 pages in this thread already.
Cthulu has ended the hibernation and will once more wreak havok upon the oceans, while we still contend with the Air Kraken. All arms to the cannons
Adventure awaits

Herr Döktor

• Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
  • Governor
  • Master Tinkerer
  • Herr Döktor, and friend.
    • Herr Döktor's Thoughts and Musings
« Reply #2422 on: June 19, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »
I found a hilarious picture of me on the internet and I really hope my friend who has it, has set it to public....it is awesome!!!!! 

If not, I guess I am left to describe it as a victorian photo-bomber....with a glass of absinthe and you should really become my friend on facebook.   ;D

That is something that is close to genius!

:)

Major Willoughby Chase

« Reply #2423 on: June 19, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

Voltin

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Mystery Airship Captain
« Reply #2424 on: June 20, 2012, 12:01:19 am »
Ok I am going to post this but I must warn that this is a video is from the popular television series Breaking Bad. So if you have never watched the show but plan to in the future. Please ignore this. Really though it isn't really a spolier.

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898