The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 14, 2020, 05:53:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....  (Read 113565 times)
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #600 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:12 pm »

Oooh pink gin! Lady Elsie you are a genius. In answer to your question probably not, at least non of the non sp  people I know. Steamy clothes and jewellery maybe.
 I've not even started chrissie shopping. Think I know what folks are getting tho

Did all mine online on Monday.  I HATE shopping at the mall this time of year, and I am never a fan of traffic...The only thing I haven't gotten is the donation to a charity for my mom, but I can do that online too and then just print the card. Cheesy

I am so excited! I should be getting a sewing machine!

Ok thats not fair. I have my sisters pressie but I won't say what it is as she is a member here.
Father- cigars
Mother- maybe a long sleeved pure cotton nightgown from Past Times  Undecided

I'm soo glad I have no other relatives to buy pressies for.

My christmas cards this year are going to be in verse

*ahem*

Spare a thought for the Christmas fairy
Up where the tinsel glitters
With a magic wand in her hand
And a fire tree up her knickers!

once again thank you Kaz from L&S many moons ago for that one on a caption comp

Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2009, 06:36:05 pm »

MERRY YULE to all you lovely ladies!  I toast to your health, wealth and good fortune.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2009, 07:11:30 pm »

Cheers!!
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

Hello hello! How are we enjoying chrimmis my fellow tea-room partakers?

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »

Nothing going on over in the smoking club...so I wandered over here...that is still legal, right?

Oh, I see the discussion is the purchase of gifts...not exactly my area...I sent a few relatives some whimsical gifts a few years ago, and haven't heard from (or of) them since...not a good record.

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2009, 11:01:08 pm »

Nay, gifts be not a grand area for many people. I mean spirits! How fares ye?
Despite the times, what how are you?
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2009, 11:04:51 pm »

Happy Winter Solstice Gift Giving Holiday (of your choice)!!

I am going down to my parent's place on Wednesday for the long weekend, where we will exchange gift and have lots of food on the 25th, and at some point we will go see Avatar (and perhaps other movies).  

Ok thats not fair. I have my sisters pressie but I won't say what it is as she is a member here.
Father- cigars
Mother- maybe a long sleeved pure cotton nightgown from Past Times  Undecided

I'm soo glad I have no other relatives to buy pressies for.

We just do immediate family (2 brothers, one sister, her son, and then my parents).  My oldest brother is pretty hit and miss on attendance, so I have to get him something that COULD go to someone else (if he's not there, no presents for him!).  I was going to get a gift certificate to Freddy's, but I just realized I could do an Amazon gift card, and then ALL my presents would be online!

Nikola is a gentleman.  Smiley  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2009, 11:05:35 pm »

Does no one enjoy the time off for festivities?
 Sad
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2009, 11:10:40 pm »

I mean spirits! How fares ye?
Despite the times, what how are you?

Spirits would indeed be nice in these times, thank you.

I busted the chronometer on my time machine, you know how bad I am with routine chores and well I just didn't clean it for a while, so more expensive and dare I say time-consuming problems developed.  Being lazy even then I contracted the repair work out - I'll take this moment to warn you never to use the services of RealTime Time Machine Repair, I think I might have misread their card, they're so incompetent I question whether they are really certified in Time Machine Repair.  Doubtlessly they are doing this as a secondary career, being used to somehow feeding themselves with something else.  Fortunately, being that incompetent they can't find me in Time to collect on their bill, either.  Wink

So, yes, I've been out for a while.  I realized something was wrong when the Chronometer said "August", I crashed the Machine into a Christmas tree, and I wasn't located in Norway or Minnesota where such sights are quite normal in August.  My apologies over my long absence.

And how have you been good sir?

(Oh and yes, it's a gent.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:15:05 pm by Nikola Tesla » Logged
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2009, 11:13:34 pm »

Sad

I do!

Nikola is a gentleman.  Smiley  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

HA! Thank you for that...was quite aware!  Grin Was just exercising a bit of British sarcasm.....*smiles at the Americans!*

Yes, I'm quite familiar with sarcasm, in spite of my geographical handicap...sadly, it does not transmit via the internet well...
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2009, 11:14:32 pm »

All has been well, except my internal chronometer is off, as well.
I continually think it is mid September 2000...
Waaaay out to lunch!

Sad

I do!

Yay!
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2009, 11:18:53 pm »

On the definite downside, the crash did cause me to incur this traffic ticket...I have a little trouble reading the fine print...

...what can they possibly mean, "Driving While Extraterrestrial"?...??
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2009, 11:27:35 pm »

On the definite downside, the crash did cause me to incur this traffic ticket...I have a little trouble reading the fine print...

...what can they possibly mean, "Driving While Extraterrestrial"?...??

Did you forget to switch from more magic to magic?
I hear that is quite the issue these days...
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2009, 11:32:00 pm »

Did you forget to switch from more magic to magic?
I hear that is quite the issue these days...

That could well be.  I don't know what's up these days...and "more magic" is in fact my usual default setting, when it isn't "ultimate over the top magic".  I had, of course, researched the wrong time frame completely before re-materializing; that's exactly the problem that comes up when you use substandard help.

I am definitely going to give that outfit a no-star review for my vote in the Quarterly; that is, if there isn't a negative-stars option.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2009, 11:36:58 pm »

I find my switch goes "magic" "more magic" then "oranges"
I am afraid to switch to oranges, because my time machine is fairly rickety.
Always bring a proper chronomatagraph when crusing the timewaves. You should know this!
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #615 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:26 pm »

Mine was proper, until it got all dirty from the excrement of those little creatures in that tank of mine.  As to the timewaves I have to cruise them more or less every time I leave the house, as for...various reasons...I have to keep a seriously undisclosed address.

The oranges setting is good, actually, on models that have it, especially those built pre-1677.  Something to do with Spinoza.  I had to switch mine so some of my assistants could remember the proper ordering of the settings when I send them out for supplies.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #616 on: December 21, 2009, 11:52:19 pm »

I keep mine shining and under three inch glass. It's a very complex model, and registers on four axises.

Is oranges a good setting? Mine's a newer model though, not entirely brand new, but, after the golden age of time, and before Time corp amalgamated came to be.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #617 on: December 21, 2009, 11:57:31 pm »

I keep mine shining and under three inch glass. It's a very complex model, and registers on four axises.

Is oranges a good setting? Mine's a newer model though, not entirely brand new, but, after the golden age of time, and before Time corp amalgamated came to be.

It probably still is, though yours would of course not feature lenses polished personally by the Master.  But definitely it's better than that Amalgamated crap, I hear they installed back doors for certain nefarious types who like to spy on others' temporal travels as they look for real estate booms future business opportunities, so you know I can't trust those.  Your model is quite excellent and can easily be upgraded by an enterprising user - you'd definitely qualify there - to an equal quality to the classics.

Incidentally, it would be a great idea to host a Classic Time Machine show, especially in this day of alternative fueling; we can all show off our forgotten fuel sources.  I wonder if the Smoking club would be amenable as a venue?
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2009, 12:05:32 am »

No, I couldn't afford the polished lenses... But I got some beautiful mahogany temporal instrument panels!
I do believe we should set up a time machine show! Let everyone show photos or pictures of their time machines, vote, and just generally appreciate time machines!
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #619 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:29 am »

Yes!

...when should we have it?  Oh, and we ought to decide a where, alos, as a formality.  If the Club isn't open, I know where there are a bunch of abandoned offices...but...no, the Club should be open.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #620 on: December 22, 2009, 12:15:55 am »

I think somewhere in the near future would be best. Everyone is parking their time machines around now, because this is when people get time off work.
Where is the club? I haven't had my time machine very long...
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #621 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22:23 am »

You know, the Smoking Room.  The one across the street from that empty lot?  We could park our classic Machines in that lot.  Just avoid that damn oak tree!  It attacks Machines regularly, oddly enough, most frequently when the operator is leaving the club rather than entering it.  Especially if there's a good supply of fine port, I mean, more or less all the time.  I must look into that...

I realize that not all of our alternative fueling systems will be compatible with actual smoking, however.  This might pose a problem.

But a Time Machine Hot Rod Show is exactly the sort of thing to get some of the gents to come back there again, and others to...well, wake up once in a while...without all the fuss and bother that seems to attend most of our other activities.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #622 on: December 22, 2009, 12:28:37 am »

Oh yes! I haven't gone there in ages! I shall avoid that oak tree, yes. Or perhaps I could bribe it?
Yes, mine runs off of a deep cycle power storage device attached to a temporal flux drive battery. Smoke wouldn't help here...
So! To raise popularity in waking before noon and showing off time machines it is!
Any particular day?
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #623 on: December 22, 2009, 12:32:10 am »

Why don't we just do it over the next few days, we can put a banner up in that lot and allow people to show up as their various calibrations (those "Time Zone" thingies, I believe, in common parlance) allow?

I believe that lot's still there from our other sortie from it, and it hasn't been sold, as the Realtor skulls on lawn sign posts here and there about the perimeter have dissuaded any such activity.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #624 on: December 22, 2009, 12:37:05 am »

Very well. I shall have to procure the pictures of mine from somewhere....
Oh time zones, they are a bother to say the least.
They're half the reason I got a time machine!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: