The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 22, 2020, 04:33:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....  (Read 102811 times)
Nitr0gene
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nitr0gene
« Reply #575 on: December 08, 2009, 05:19:57 pm »

I'll be donning my usual Steampunk garb tonight at our monthly goth/EBM club night in Oxford.

RoseOak, will be there from 9 if you fancy a dance?

Afternoon ol' bean! Now where is one legally allowed to park one's airship?
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #576 on: December 08, 2009, 05:52:41 pm »

I'll be donning my usual Steampunk garb tonight at our monthly goth/EBM club night in Oxford.

I'd love to but I'm afraid I'm still dead to the world  Sad  Sad.  I was planning to go but this wretched cold has put a scupper on my plans. Angry

darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #577 on: December 08, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »

Corsair, if I see another pair like it, I will get some for you, I also have grey ones Smiley

On the subject of other colours, I wear a lot of purple, I really love it. I have a couple of lovely hitch dresses in purple, and a purple and cream striped circle skirt Smiley

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #578 on: December 08, 2009, 07:36:09 pm »

I am wearing a lovely plum color today.  I really do stick to the darker stuff.  Makes my summer wardrobe rather light...or dark, actually (haha!). 

On a separate, but slightly related, topic, can I successfully tea stain a light grey skirt?  I know white works very well, I'm just wondering if anyone has done grey and if it turns out okay, or looking rather muddy and yucky? 
Corsair, if I see another pair like it, I will get some for you, I also have grey ones Smiley

On the subject of other colours, I wear a lot of purple, I really love it. I have a couple of lovely hitch dresses in purple, and a purple and cream striped circle skirt Smiley

That skirt sounds rather lovely!  vertical or horizontal stripes?

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #579 on: December 08, 2009, 09:23:21 pm »

Horizontal, but scooped, like the edge of a shell Smiley From above I probably look like a petalled flower  Grin
Nitr0gene
Gunner

Nitr0gene
« Reply #580 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:12 am »

I'd love to but I'm afraid I'm still dead to the world  Sad  Sad.  I was planning to go but this wretched cold has put a scupper on my plans. Angry

~Offers you camomile tea and echinaecea~
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #581 on: December 09, 2009, 11:39:29 am »

I'd love to but I'm afraid I'm still dead to the world  Sad  Sad.  I was planning to go but this wretched cold has put a scupper on my plans. Angry

thank you sweetheart. I just looked in the mirror and scared myself.
 Did you have a good time ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:41:49 am by RoseOak » Logged
Nitr0gene
Gunner

Nitr0gene
« Reply #582 on: December 09, 2009, 05:29:54 pm »

I'd love to but I'm afraid I'm still dead to the world  Sad  Sad.  I was planning to go but this wretched cold has put a scupper on my plans. Angry

thank you sweetheart. I just looked in the mirror and scared myself.
 Did you have a good time ?

How on earth did you do that?!

Yes I had a lovely time thank you ~sips tea~ Very tired today though, but still making myself go running tonight,
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #583 on: December 09, 2009, 05:39:55 pm »

Yes I had a lovely time thank you ~sips tea~ Very tired today though, but still making myself go running tonight,

Three nights with very little sleep has had a ghastly effect on my complexion and  my hair looks like straw  Cry I did a super Aussie on it but it still looks rather tired

You mad impetuous fool you! Arn't you coming to the film evening then ?
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #584 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:47 pm »

-She wanders in, sword at her side, utterly exhuasted-
Which way to the Gin parlour?
I need something strong.
Drasted Utini!

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #585 on: December 09, 2009, 06:56:36 pm »

Have a  triple my dear.

I'll see you all later my sweets
Aviatrix Abernathy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #586 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:07 pm »

I have a question for you ladies...does anyone know of a website for party/cocktail dresses that is not crazy expensive? I have looked on Charlotte Russe, forever21, modcloth and plasticland but all of the dresses are either crazy slutty short (I am just under 5'8" so most will be short anyway) or are just fugly. I have a formal dinner/dance/ceremony coming up in the end of Febuary and I am already stricking out left and right for a dress. I just want enough time for it to get here and for me to be able to exchange it if needed. I don't want a formal per say but something tea or knee length and fancy. The husband will be wearing a tux so it needs to be nice...urrrrg I hate shopping for dresses.

Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2009, 12:45:29 am »

I have a question for you ladies...does anyone know of a website for party/cocktail dresses that is not crazy expensive? I have looked on Charlotte Russe, forever21, modcloth and plasticland but all of the dresses are either crazy slutty short (I am just under 5'8" so most will be short anyway) or are just fugly. I have a formal dinner/dance/ceremony coming up in the end of Febuary and I am already stricking out left and right for a dress. I just want enough time for it to get here and for me to be able to exchange it if needed. I don't want a formal per say but something tea or knee length and fancy. The husband will be wearing a tux so it needs to be nice...urrrrg I hate shopping for dresses.

Are you out in the boonies?  We have a store here in Seattle that has vintage stuff, and they have a TON of cocktail dresses.  If you can get one right away, you might be able to hem it up to a length you like.
Nitr0gene
Gunner

Nitr0gene
« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:42 am »

Three nights with very little sleep has had a ghastly effect on my complexion and  my hair looks like straw  Cry I did a super Aussie on it but it still looks rather tired

You mad impetuous fool you! Arn't you coming to the film evening then ?

I'm afraid I missed the film evening, was it good? What did they show? I am lacking in petrol so I need to save and not drive anywhere other than to work and back!
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2009, 09:50:48 am »

I don't know if its the same store in the US, but in the UK TK Maxx carries some gorgeous ballgowns in the winter, I have previously bought gowns there for as little as £30-£40, which is a bargain. That said, I mainly wear vintage originals from fairs and antiques stores. One day I should take some photos of some of my collection Smiley
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #590 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:53 am »

I'm afraid I missed the film evening, was it good? What did they show? I am lacking in petrol so I need to save and not drive anywhere other than to work and back!

You missed a really good evening.
We attempted to strangle Stigg with his scarf and Tim ordered his beer in true steampunk style *My good man*

The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello

The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper MorelloDQ

A Gentleman's Duel
wait till the end of the credits

"Gentleman's Duel" Short FilmDQ

Fabulous World of Jules Verne

Fabulous World of Jules Verne - Part 1 - Karel ZemanDQ
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:44:29 am by RoseOak » Logged
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #591 on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:06 pm »

GD is amazing, it never fails to make me smile. I'd give anything for events like that to be a reality *sigh*
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #592 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:53 am »

I love GD too.   We are going to show it at our next movie night event before showing Steamboy.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Minjoltr
Zeppelin Admiral

Asker of Questions

« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2009, 04:36:24 am »

I've never watched The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello.  I've heard it's good but sad and I don't like sad things.

Always much love for GD.  It could be a wonderful reality except for all that business of being inadvertently smacked in the face.

Join Minnie in the IRC.  All of the cool people are doing it - you should too.
Nitr0gene
Gunner

Nitr0gene
« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2009, 11:36:05 am »

Shame I missed the film evening ~sigh~
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #595 on: December 11, 2009, 09:44:38 pm »

Shame I missed the film evening ~sigh~

So am I . I felt awfully outnumbered Sad
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #596 on: December 17, 2009, 12:03:56 am »

Ladies, are we all too busy with social engagement to drop in for a small pink gin Huh

I have just been trying to summen up the energy to start to think about doing some gogglemass shopping.

Question,  will non steampunks appreciate goggles as presents?

yours Lady E.
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2009, 06:25:25 pm »

Oooh pink gin! Lady Elsie you are a genius. In answer to your question probably not, at least non of the non sp  people I know. Steamy clothes and jewellery maybe.
 I've not even started chrissie shopping. Think I know what folks are getting tho
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:39:08 pm by RoseOak » Logged
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #598 on: December 17, 2009, 07:49:11 pm »

Oooh pink gin! Lady Elsie you are a genius. In answer to your question probably not, at least non of the non sp  people I know. Steamy clothes and jewellery maybe.
 I've not even started chrissie shopping. Think I know what folks are getting tho

Did all mine online on Monday.  I HATE shopping at the mall this time of year, and I am never a fan of traffic...The only thing I haven't gotten is the donation to a charity for my mom, but I can do that online too and then just print the card. Cheesy

I am so excited! I should be getting a sewing machine!
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #599 on: December 17, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »

L.C.   You luckly lady I do hope Santa-cogs can manage to fit your sewing machine down your chimney.

I hope to go shopping over the weekend or early next week for gifts for the non steampunk family members. The steamy people can never have too many goggles!

Yours with a large pink Gin,
Lady Elsie.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: