The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 08, 2019, 07:39:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk 4th plinth  (Read 13909 times)
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 03:22:19 pm »

Your costume will be fantastic my good man!
Now I have a small request, that you shout "DOCTOR STEEL FOR WORLD EMPEROR!" Atleast once while on the podium Smiley

Oh yes, you have to!

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Colonial Steele
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 04:22:02 pm »

I think I will have to come down armed with my camera.
Look for the fake red headed woman, short hair and body with blonde roots, possibly all in black.
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 04:50:05 pm »

Look for the fake red headed woman, short hair and body with blonde roots, possibly all in black.

i'll do my best, but my eye holes are very very small, i'm actually a bit worried about stepping off the edge. thanks for the support!

"Ever forward, my darling wind..."
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 05:05:16 pm »

Maybe your robot should just sit back and read the paper...
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 05:54:57 pm »

here's the head on before it's final sand, it's quite tight on the old temples...

Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 06:02:09 pm »

How smooth have you managed to get it? Is it fibreglass from a silicone mould?
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 06:14:45 pm »

bit to expensive this time, it's a plaster mould using glass tissue instead of matting and then peel ply to get it extra thin, then a bit of extra fine surface filler, it'll be pretty smooth when it's finished...
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:09 pm »

here's the engine coming along

Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 06:53:06 pm »

I know you're working to a dead line but even so I'm incredibly impressed with the speed you're putting together what is going to be an awesome looking costume!

One small question...is that a toilet flush chain on the back!!?

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 08:35:32 pm »

I know you're working to a dead line but even so I'm incredibly impressed with the speed you're putting together what is going to be an awesome looking costume!

could be, it's from the bit's box, it's supposed to be a safety valve for the boiler, i'm sure i've seen something like that on an old engine, i'm considering changing it for a stout metal ring, probably will now. i just finished the govenor, it's going to be mounted on the condenser for the sake of composition, so i'm sorry to all you engineers out there for the inaccuracy...

as for the time thing, i'm a full time freelance puppet maker, so unfortunately long hours and fast hands are the order of the day, but it's so nice to be complemented on it, mostly it's taken for granted...

anyone know if we can embed video's yet, i thought i heard murmurings about it from the moderators a few months ago? if we can i might put some up...

just got a phonecall from skyarts to ask if i can be interviewed on clive anderson's show next week, little bit nervous...
The Hon. Archibald Keyes
Gunner

But Zeppelin!

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »

Now I have a small request, that you shout "DOCTOR STEEL FOR WORLD EMPEROR!" Atleast once while on the podium Smiley

Hear hear!

I say, it's jolly good to see a fellow Steampunk get up on that plinth. I've got 'flu, so I'll probably just be watching it online, though if I can make it out to see you, good sir, then I shall!

Pew pew pew! I got you!
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 09:38:56 pm »

just installed the mini-fogger...

hate to disappoint, but this is probably going to be a mute piece...

Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 09:40:50 pm »

Then at least have a toy soldier emblem on your pack! Smiley
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 09:48:27 pm »

here's as far as i had got by 3pm today

Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:43 pm »

Watch your head doesn't clobber your smokestack! Only kidding, it looks really nice dude.
Bit of a pity the head isn't a little larger, that's my only slight criticism, and probably it's just the angle of the photo. Looking excellent! Cheesy
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:23 am »

this made me worry, so i've changed it to a linkage pull instead of a chain, it still swings nicely...

also just got the first bit sprayed up and ready to paint, so to celebrate i'm going to try and get a few hours sleep. goodnight.

Colonial Steele
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 10:25:05 am »

i'll do my best, but my eye holes are very very small, i'm actually a bit worried about stepping off the edge. thanks for the support!

I will bring my telephoto lens as well, have a wander around and get some crowd for you.  If I hang around long enough at the end I will introduce myself otherwise let you know where the photos are.
They have a net encase of plunging.
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 12:12:34 pm »

I work at Euston..about 15 mins by tube from Trafalgar Square..I will certainly come along to support you after work
mephit
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 08:47:32 pm »

Of course, they would have to be doing this now. When was I in London? April. Bugger. Have fun! I definitely hope there are many photos of your time on the plinth so that I may observe them from 3000 miles away. Excellent work!
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 11:10:21 pm »

Of course, they would have to be doing this now. When was I in London? April. Bugger. Have fun! I definitely hope there are many photos of your time on the plinth so that I may observe them from 3000 miles away. Excellent work!

If you can work out the time difference you can watch him live on the Aetherweb! I believe the address was given in the original post.
mephit
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 12:57:00 am »

If you can work out the time difference you can watch him live on the Aetherweb! I believe the address was given in the original post.

Indeed I can, I saw that link earlier. Unfortunately, his timeslot of 6–7 pm Greenwich translates to noon–1 pm US Central time. I'll be at work and probably won't be able to check the live broadcast. I'll try though. I'd still like to see photos as the live webcast won't have anywhere near the detail.
Maximum Humphries
Officer

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:17 am »

Dear friends,

I'm on Antony Gormley's plinth in trafalgar square 7-8pm tonight, if you live in london and feel like coming down to support that would be amazing, or if you just want a peek you can view it as a live feed here: http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

more photo's tommorrow...

stardust
Zeppelin Captain

friend of polar bear

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 10:17:24 am »

i will be watching live and am very excited for you! good luck, and don't worry about falling off. they have a safety net! Grin

and doesn't Mr. Kipling make exceedingly good cakes.......
Colonial Steele
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 03:29:52 pm »

Dear friends,

I'm on Antony Gormley's plinth in trafalgar square 7-8pm tonight, if you live in london and feel like coming down to support that would be amazing, or if you just want a peek you can view it as a live feed here: http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

more photo's tommorrow...

I am planning to be there.  Is anyone else going?  Do we want to meet before hand, I will be at a loose end before hand?

If you see me, feel free to talk to me, I am short, have on striped sock, dressed in mainly black long skirt and plain top and fake red short hair with a floppy fringe and reverse ducktail.  I also will have a DSLR and huge camera backpack with me, and do a passable Australian accent.  Also have glasses and a slight limp.  I think that covers it.  (I could post a picture but can not be bothered.)
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 03:58:54 pm »

I'll be there too..fairly easy to spot..6ft 6ins..short bleached blond hair..ankle length brown leather coat.. waistcoat 'n' pocket watch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: