The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 25, 2017, 01:19:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Academy of Amorous Advancement Singles Bar  (Read 12709 times)
Athena
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »

I'm going to school to graduate! Am I so mature that you can't tell I'm still in high school, Miss Athena?

(Don't worry about absences. I provide my own fair share of those.)

*shock* Really? You do sound much more mature...^_^ Yes, but my absences seem to be for days at a time. -_- Do you plan on attending college?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer
United States United States

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2009, 05:35:03 pm »

You pay me such a compliment! Cheesy

I do plan to go to college, actually. I aim to go for the geekiest profession possible: localizing Japanese video games. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

Owner, mate, cook ect. of Capt. Emptimind.
Athena
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:12 pm »

That's complicated...I went to school and graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering (which is one of the geekiest professions by far), but I ended up wanting to work in a library, so.....yeah.

Localizing Japansese video games? Sounds like fun. ^_^ Do you have any favorites you would like to see brought over to the U.S.?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2009, 05:52:14 pm »

There aren't any I know of that aren't being translated already, but I certainly know my fair share of games I wish they'd hurry up on. (It's usually the localizers that gamers have to wait month after agonizing month after!

You work in a library?! I am most jealous.
Athena
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:55 pm »

Most people say that, but it can be trying at times...*very* trying.  Roll Eyes

There are a lot of games I'd like to see brought over here, and quickly. I'm sure someone as capable as yourself will be as efficient as possible. ^_^

Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2009, 05:59:41 pm »

I'm told few offices have politics to rival the knitting circles (if you'll allow the abuse of the term) that spring up between librarians.

*goes back to quietly puffing away, trying to get the hang of these blasted smoke rings...*

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »

Most people say that, but it can be trying at times...*very* trying.  Roll Eyes
I imagine it's like working in retail, then!

There are a lot of games I'd like to see brought over here, and quickly. I'm sure someone as capable as yourself will be as efficient as possible. ^_^
One hopes and waits and curses, but most games are put through pretty fast. And while I thank you for your kind words, I'm not very capable yet. My grasp of the language is... limited.
Athena
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2009, 06:09:48 pm »

I'm sure you'll learn it quickly. *whispering* Daisuki is how you say "I love you" apparently. ^_^ Japanese is a very beautiful language. When a woman speaks it, it's all flowy and pretty, but when a man speaks it, you can hear the testosterone in the voice. And when someone's angry, you can hear it in the way the language is pronounced. ^_^

It's like retail, but surrounded by books and you don't sell anything. I detest it when people bring children in here...we have an echo effect, and it's migraine inducing. *twitch*
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2009, 06:18:34 pm »

だいすき is actually more of a 'big like'. Japanese people just don't use their verb for love (あい) very often. I love the language--oddly enough--for the honorifics. You always know where you stand with somebody that way.

I've never been in a library without an echo effect, actually. Maybe books are all secret amplifiers! Smiley
Athena
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2009, 06:22:19 pm »

だいすき is actually more of a 'big like'. Japanese people just don't use their verb for love (あい) very often. I love the language--oddly enough--for the honorifics. You always know where you stand with somebody that way.

I've never been in a library without an echo effect, actually. Maybe books are all secret amplifiers! Smiley

Ah! I didn't know that! Points for you!  Smiley This one seems to be more of an effect tho...maybe because I work here and it gets on my nerves? I don't know...

My sister and I have this fantasy (we both work in libraries) of what would happen if all of the books came to life in the middle of the night...if all of the characters suddenly popped from their pages. We would talk about which ones you would have to keep seperate (Jack the Ripper books couldn't be near certain other ones, and the puritan writings could be nowhere near the Kama Sutra, etc.). We have great fun doing that. ^_^
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »

I wonders if Jane Austen characters would intermingle? Would they deign to hang out with Brontë works? (I find Victorian romance novels a little silly.)
Athena
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2009, 06:50:24 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the only one...it would be interesting to see some of them intermingle. Just something to think about to pass the time while I'm sitting at the front desk. ^_^

What do you think about when you want to pass the time?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:54 pm »

I don't have much down-time, actually. Usually I'll think about the things I have to get to soon. Or I go over the Japanese I do know. Smiley

Other than imagining the lives of fictional characters, what do you think about at the front desk?
Athena
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:49 pm »

Oh, now that covers a good bit. I think about music or designing something new. That's where I come up with most of the things I come up with, clothing or otherwise. I usually have little slips of paper that I write things on laying around everywhere. ^_^

What inspires you, if you don't mind me asking?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:14 pm »

Not at all. My greatest inspiration is music. I can't function without some music in my day, and I can't write without something coming through my headphones. It's a little cliched, but there's usually a reason that cliches are cliches, right?
Athena
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:29 pm »

Right. Same here...I couldn't live without being able to listen to music. I hate that I can't while I'm at the front desk. When I worked at my last job drafting, I would plug in my headphones and as far as I was concerned the rest of the world disappeared and I worked, and I wouldn't come back out until someone needed me. Now I wish I could put on headphones and put my hoodie on and make everyone disappear.

Athena
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2009, 09:49:57 pm »

On a another note, I just noticed that I made Rogue Aetherlord.
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!
Athena
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2009, 09:53:28 pm »

*takes the glass and nods*

Thank you sweetness. ^_^
Athena
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:08 pm »

*takes a sip of the drink* Yes, emphasis on the Rogue part. ^_^
Athena
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:26 am »

Well, not entirely empty. ^_^
Athena
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:15 am »

It's been alright. As well as can be expected I suppose. How was yours?
TheBladeRoden
Officer

Quoz!

TheBladeRoden
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2009, 05:29:13 am »

*twirls his invisible moustache*
Athena
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2009, 06:55:19 am »

How was the library?

~Gabriel

I'm sorry about your mother, I hope she gets better soon. I wasn't at work today, I had the day off.
Athena
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:52 pm »

Yesterday and today have been very relaxed. I seem to have become something of a night owl as of late.  Wink
Athena
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:49 am »

That's alright. We're pretty lax about responses around here.  Wink I just started on a vest, which means I got something accomplished today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: