The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 24, 2019, 06:57:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Academy of Amorous Advancement Singles Bar  (Read 17384 times)
Athena
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

Just a regular vest, I want to make it so it can be corsetted in the back (I don't think that's a real word...). Anyway, buttons down the front, and yes I will post pics when I'm completely done with it.
Athena
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:54 pm »

The front is this pretty green silk with gold tearoses on it (that's the only way I can describe it until I get through and take pics, I think it's a brocade?), and the back is a pagan gold courdoroy (sp?) type. The buttons are going to be an oriental type that I found a while back, and the laces for the corset part are going to be the same pagan gold color. It's being made for my Halloween costume, that and to see if I can do the corset thing, see where I'd need to make adjustments, etc.
Athena
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:30 pm »

A person who sews or those tunnels that run under the ground?  Wink

I'm going to be a steampunk lolita, if that makes any sense. I will have suede armwarmers, and I don't know if I want to go the more masculine route (a guy's shirt and a tie along with a choker made of the same materials as the arm warmers) or just a girl's blouse that hangs off the shoulder. The armwarmers and the choker will both lace up at the back, which you should be able to see because of my short hair. The skirt part of the bottom will be short and another inch or two past that will be lace petticoats. I'm still deciding if I want bloomers or not, but I will definitely be wearing striped stockings. Also, I plan on finding a pair of women's knee-high boots and modding them so they lace up the back, but I have been thinking instead of that using buckles. And I want to have a leather shoulder holster and carry my mom's pistol in it for an added effect.
Athena
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2009, 06:44:47 pm »

I hope I can pull it off and make it look as epic as it sounds.  Embarrassed

No, I just have a lot of free time on my hands and a lot of ideas spinning in this little cranium of mine. If all of this works out, I found out last night that my mom had a bunch of deep blue/almost black china silk left over from her cape and I'm going to start on my ballgown. That will truly be an endeavor.  Grin

A bunny costume? *giggle* And Tinkerbell? Which was she, predator or prey?
Athena
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2009, 07:09:32 pm »

Actually, Tinkerbell was a guy. He had hit a couple of nightclubs before making it to the party. As it turns out, if one is a guy dressed as Tink in a nightclub, one becomes a veritable "Chick Magnet" as he called it. Which is the prologue to another story...

My friend (Read ex-girlfriend) was at the P+P Halloween party as well. She was dressed as Delirium, floating fishy friend and all. At one point Tink saw her talking to me, and once she'd wandered off to get a munchy and mingle with the others there, he came up to me. He asked, "Who's Delirium?" Now, I know he'd read the Sandman Series. I know that he knew who the character was. But my sense of humor beat me to the punch. "Oh! She's a character from the Sandman comics. Delirium is one of the endless, siblings...." and so forth. While I'm carrying on, he's trying not to get impatient with me because he REALLY wants to know who this girl is.

Tink, who's RL nickname is Scamp, says, "No, you maniac rabbit. I know the character. The GIRL man, who's the GIRL!"
"Oh. That's my friend Shawna."
"Thanks." Then he wanders off.

Two days later I get a call from a mutual friend. "An interested party wants to know everything you know about Shawna."
"You can tell Scamp that if he wants, he can call me and ask himself."
"But I didn't tell you who it was!"
"I know, just tell him."

Twenty minutes after that, Scamp calls. I have him give me his resume, why I should recommend him to my friend and all that. After I decided that he wasn't a crazy stalker freak I gave him a rundown of "Everything you could know about Shawna if you'd been in the room for a year" without incriminating personal information. Just common knowledge stuff that she wouldn't care about. He then asked me, "So, how do you know her?"
"We dated."
Pause.
"For how long?"
"Four years."
Longer Pause.
"And you're OK with me dating her?"
"Well, I'm not dating her any more. Should I have a problem with you dating her?"
"Um, no."
"OK, cool. I'll give her your number and my impression of you. Good luck."
"Thanks, man..."

They're married now. I like to think I helped. Grin

Godo job....*laughing*
Athena
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2009, 07:24:09 pm »

A resume? Your impression of him? Protective much?
Athena
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2009, 07:33:43 pm »

Awww...that's so sweet....^_^

Yes, I've dated my share of psychos, although I imagine they might say the same about me.  Wink
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2009, 07:42:38 pm »

Shoot, I'd totally grill someone before passing on a dating recommendation.  Have, a time or two... and one of those couples are now engaged.  Ah, the happy match maker...

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
Athena
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:56 pm »

@Wraste : The elven princess? My but you do meet the most interesting people... Wink

@Utini420 : I've noticed guys tend to do that from time to time. Several have done that for me.
Athena
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:49 pm »

Is dating you such an excercise in survival? *imagines what the Cat's Gallery includes*
Athena
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2009, 07:55:58 pm »

If you say the wrong things, well, then you've said them. As long as they're not certain wrong things. Well all suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. And if it makes you laugh, then what's the problem with holding on to it? And I'm sure there's some patient girls on the forum.  Smiley
Athena
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2009, 08:04:57 pm »

1Not intended to be as naughty as it sounds, not that I'd object if it were...

It's funny, when I first saw someone use steamy that's exactly what my mind jumped to. It travels along that course more often than I'd like to admit.  Wink

I'm sure there's someone. ^_^

Do you have a halloween costume yet?
Athena
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »

You should do a steampunk vampire. I'm sure it's probably been done before, but I'd like to hear your twist on it.
Athena
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »

Not a problem. You've probably already got a pair of goggles, and you can get brass fingerarmor with delicate little designs. I think it would look epic. ^_^

And I'll post pics when I'm through with mine.
Athena
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:06 pm »

*whispering behind my fan* Don't tell anyone, but neither do I. Not yet anyway. ^_^

It's not hard to have anything steamy. *getting mind out of the gutter* A nice victorian suit would do, with some accents, and you're good to go. Just don't forget the teeth.

Ah yes, I remember being laid off. We ate rice that month, and that's all we ate. Good for the figure tho! ^_^
Athena
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2009, 08:47:28 pm »

That's alright. ^_^
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2009, 04:22:33 am »

As the conversation has lulled a bit, Vela begins to sing:

I wake each night, into this nightmare,
Only to find that the worst is clear: 
Wake each day, without you.
Spend each night dreamin' that its not true.

My life is one constant catastrophe.
Everything works, but means nothing to me.
All of my life, I gave you my soul.
I lived for you.  But you had another goal. 
You had another goal.

There's only one thing you can't ask of me.
Its not in my power: to stop loving you, can't you see?
I would give you the moon, or the stars or the sun.
But you hold my heart, and you are the only one.
You are the only one.

Oh, oh, you are the only one.

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2009, 01:19:38 am »

Hi.  Yes, I'm Vela.  *extends hand*
I love the name Gabriel, by the by.

A drink?  Certainly.  Egyptian Licorice Mint tea.  (Good for the voice)

vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2009, 01:02:34 am »

Unfortunately, too much working at work, and not enough time for personal pursuits.

You?
heavyporker
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »

*The air ripples and twists*

*A man staggers out*

*He appears familiar, somewhat more tanned and with clothes dusty and smelling faintly of wood smoke and alcohol. He also appears somewhat fatigued*

Ugh. That was a long weekend of working.

I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2009, 02:45:26 am »

heavyporker, you're back!  I've missed you.

Lord Wraste: Thank you for asking:  BLOCK 616 is my little steampunk groupe that meets in Spokane, WA, once a month.  It is open to anyone.  -The title is taken from the ABNEY PARK song: The Change Cage.

-vela
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2009, 03:21:23 am »

BLOCK 616: So far, we've only had one meeting.  We're planning another for Aug 29.  (Advert in Geographical). 

Our first meeting, we did what all steampunks (and nerds) do when you get a groupe of us together.  We stared at each other, each waiting for the next person to be the first to speak...

We got to know each other a little bit (more than just what we see of each other here on the forum). 

This meeting we shall talk of STEAMCON, as most of us (to my knowledge) are planning on going.
And yes, we are going to dress in our "finest" regalia!

-vela

vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2009, 03:57:44 am »

A black blouse, sort of Victorian-ish.  It has little ruffles downe the front.   And a long black flowing skirt.  I've added lace to it to make it a little flamenco-ish.  (Okay, I stole the idea from some of Finn Von Claret's costumes.)  Shoes: Victorian-style ankle boots.  Hair: held off of face with Victorian combs, one on either side. 

vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2009, 04:06:52 am »

I've been meaning to get some photographs.  Now just have to work on getting up the courage to post them.
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:11 am »

Okay, one of these days I'll put a picture up.

By the by, what (singing) voice are you?  I am a mezzo-soprano.

-vela
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: