The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 05, 2021, 04:46:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-steamed steampunk guns  (Read 423018 times)
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:45 am »

And i am also a fan of the Adams, i also have thje replica of this and it feels great in the hand, even with my big  paws

http://www.oldguns.co.uk/images/4173.jpg

I have just read through the whole thread and at last Another Adams fan, I too am a big fan a really great looking. Can I ask where you got a replica from?

flashheart
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2011, 09:26:36 am »

I actually found mine in a store dedicated to native American stuff while looking for a spear, it was wrongly labeled as a Colt *L* replicaweaponry.net used to have them but i am not sure if they still do.

Damn you Edison!
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »

Thanks Flasheart, I had a quick look and it looks like they don't do them anymore. I have had a look at quite a few replica gun suppliers online and it doesn't look like anybody does a replica anymore and I really can't afford to buy an original as they have been going at auction for £3,000 TO £5,000!. The Adams is the perfect sidearm for my Alter ego.. Col Foss of the RDC.
flashheart
Deck Hand

« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2011, 12:25:25 pm »

Hmmm, well it isnt as nice as the Adams, but there is always this, just discovered it and now i have to get one for myself...

https://www.atlantacutlery.com/p-2249-webley-mk-iv-replica-non-firing-revolver.aspx?utm_source=Product_Plus

Wow, was just perusing the British Empire section. I think i need to sell a kidney or something *L*
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:28:28 pm by flashheart » Logged
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »

I totally forgot this beauty!

Spoiler: Savage Arms Figure 8 (click to show/hide)

Aye, that's one I'd like...  Be like walking the double finger on my RAIDER paintball marker!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
elvisroe
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2011, 10:34:00 am »

I'm with you lads on the Adams, particularly the awesome .50 cal Dragoon!

I'm also partial to the very similar Tranter...

And am particularly taken with the mighty Gasser at the moment!

As for autos I can't go past the Bergman 1896...

flashheart
Deck Hand

« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »

I do love the Bergmann, but cliche as it is i still prefer the C96. probably because it is such a great gun for modding, from Steam to Star Wars to Japanese Animation Space Pirate guns the venerable Mauser fits the bill.
But i heartily agree,the Tranter is a thing of beauty to say the least
tophatdan
Zeppelin Captain

I'm not Steampunk, I Live Steampunk....

« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

behold the hollingsworth revolving automatic

you gotta love livin babe, cause dyin is a pain in the ass -----
 frank sinatra
elvisroe
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2011, 11:01:21 am »

What the... Shocked
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2011, 02:13:22 pm »

What the... Shocked

My very thoughts.....

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
tophatdan
Zeppelin Captain

I'm not Steampunk, I Live Steampunk....

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:52 pm »

The Mershon and Hollingsworth revolving cylinder automatic rifle. It had a spring mechanisim which automatically fired and rotated the cylinder. To wind up the spring you used a ratchet lever located just behind the receiver which operated a 'screw spring'

it was .40 cal and had six shots, the trigger acted as a selector allowing it to fire one shot at a time or by locking the trigger back it fired fully automatic. Patented 1855 it had a 7 1/2-inch barrel and standard colt model cylinder.

it was a black powder gun, loaded from the front of the cylinder and fired with percussion caps.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

Persistent pilfering privateer

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:06 pm »

It is...,and my apologies for using such a fancy word, awesome Grin

Finnlock
Officer

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:50 am »

I have seen this pop up on ebay twice now and for one reason or another I always miss the end of the auction and thus miss out.

It has been listed as a Jongen A Liege Belgian single shot pistol replica so they must be out there...anyone have a lead?

I think it's a stunning piece and hope you do too...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »

The Mershon and Hollingsworth revolving cylinder automatic rifle. It had a spring mechanisim which automatically fired and rotated the cylinder. To wind up the spring you used a ratchet lever located just behind the receiver which operated a 'screw spring'

it was .40 cal and had six shots, the trigger acted as a selector allowing it to fire one shot at a time or by locking the trigger back it fired fully automatic. Patented 1855 it had a 7 1/2-inch barrel and standard colt model cylinder.

it was a black powder gun, loaded from the front of the cylinder and fired with percussion caps.

That's too awesome! Never ehard of it before.. Grin
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2011, 12:54:54 am »

From Steam powered Gatling Guns to windup automatics? I do believe I've heard it all now!

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain

Inventor, Member of the Van Helsing Society

« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:59 am »

a punt gun... for hunting geese... and whatnot.......
i am sure it could be used to take down an airship at that, lol

For hunting geese?  Might I ask, how big are these geese, and how many pieces do you want them in?  Unless of course you are referring to the Venusian Tyranogander, in which case this is perfect.

"To mewl and blabber about a treasure map, in front of this particular crew, demonstrates a level of ineptitude that borders on the imbecilic.  And I mean that in a very caring way."
                                                     ~Captain Amelia of the RLS Legacy, Treasure Planet
Darkhound
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2011, 03:28:30 am »

Punt guns like this were mounted on boats and used to slaughter entire flocks on the water. The practice stood in something like the relation to sport hunting that commercial trawlers have to angling. A big model like this might throw an entire pound of heavy birdshot at a time, and kill up to thirty geese at once. By comparison, the largest shotshell now loaded commercially, the 10 gauge long magnum, is commonly loaded with 1 7/8 ounces of shot. Modern hunters also consider it very unsporting to shoot birds on the water, hence the term"sitting duck".
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:34:40 am by Darkhound » Logged

"Stupidity is a curse with which even the Gods struggle in vain. Ignorance we can fix."
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »

Punt guns like this were mounted on boats and used to slaughter entire flocks on the water. The practice stood in something like the relation to sport hunting that commercial trawlers have to angling. A big model like this might throw an entire pound of heavy birdshot at a time, and kill up to thirty geese at once. By comparison, the largest shotshell now loaded commercially, the 10 gauge long magnum, is commonly loaded with 1 7/8 ounces of shot. Modern hunters also consider it very unsporting to shoot birds on the water, hence the term"sitting duck".

Now, I've always had it like this: I'm not a trophy hunter, nor a sportsman.  I quite literally hunt for food.  Although I've never actually shot a "sitting duck," I would have no qualms with it if that was what was going on my table that night.

Lucky me, there's a supermarket up the road, so I dont really have to worry about that much...  Wink
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2011, 05:38:11 pm »

I'm with you lads on the Adams, particularly the awesome .50 cal Dragoon!

I'm also partial to the very similar Tranter...

And am particularly taken with the mighty Gasser at the moment!

As for autos I can't go past the Bergman 1896...

Great pistols I would love to have all three of them in my collection superb! The Bergman just looks so different Smiley
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2011, 07:23:14 am »

a punt gun... for hunting geese... and whatnot.......
i am sure it could be used to take down an airship at that, lol

For hunting geese?  Might I ask, how big are these geese, and how many pieces do you want them in?  Unless of course you are referring to the Venusian Tyranogander, in which case this is perfect.

You ever seen a Branta canadensis up close? One of those b*****ds can take an airliner out of the sky...

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Mr. Winter
Gunner

« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2011, 04:31:51 pm »

I am so very happy to come across this thread, and to find that it is reasonably intact and hasn' t been flushed into the aether is even better.

A couple of questions: I know that some models of the LeMat where cartridge firing. Has anyone  heard of them being converted to "trigger-cocking" (early double action)?

Also there was mention of a modern reproduction C96, I have searched and can find nothing. Any suggestions?

Third, thanks to whoever posted the video of the water-cooled 10-22. I've posted a message to Mr.Akins as to it's availability and found out that the same Mr. Akins has become quite interested in Gardeners, Gatlings, and Nordenfeldts. Good things may be on the horizon.

Finally, an attempt to post a picture or two

Hmm, that didn't work at all.
Major Willoughby Chase
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2011, 05:10:33 pm »

It depends what form of reproduction of the Mauser you want... I have a pair of None Blow Back (NBB) airsoft HFC M712 pistols (sold as the HFC Boxcannon).  They're very cheap these days and both short and long mags can be bought for them.  There is however a new Gas Blow Back (GBB) Tercel Mauser C96 version out, which is still styled on the 1932 model the M712, I would love an earlier version, but such is life, these new GBB can be picked up for about $70 (about £45) from retailers based in Hong Kong.
Tercel in action...
Me...

If of course you mean a real steel modern reproduction, then I have no idea... Probably China.
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »

If you are lookng for steel reproductins of MAuser pistols this site may be worth a look, their guns look great and I would love one myself

(link posted from another thread :-

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/mauser_pistols.htm

Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »

There are chinese copies available, in 7.62, 9, and .45 ACP.  I don't believe they have been made in a while, but they can still be had in shooting condition for just about an arm, instead of the arm, leg, and kidney required for an original Mauser in any condition.

Good luck!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
flashheart
Deck Hand

« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »

If you are not too concerned with firing 9mm rounds then these work well enough, they come with a long mag but the plastic short mags from the even cheaper plastic Mauser airsoft guns are compatible

http://www.hobbytron.com/SpringFullMetalMauserC96Model712PistolAirsoftGun.html

and a plastic one from ebay (they always have several) if you need a short mag

http://cgi.ebay.com/1x-Plastic-Airsoft-Gun-Mauser-Broom-Handle-C96-WW2-WWII-/250756534433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a624110a1

What frustrates me is that there used to be a cheap spring airsoft Luger P08 that was always available from ebay, but then it stopped being sold or produced and i cant see spending the well over 100 currency units to get one of the gas powered metal ones just to take apart and modify
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: