The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 08, 2019, 05:01:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Extended Steam Salon  (Read 103235 times)
Athena
« Reply #450 on: June 29, 2009, 03:02:53 pm »

sidebar : I'm stepping out of the story. I'm not on here enough to keep up, and y'all have it running nicely without me. I appreciate y'all letting me contribute, and the story is wonderful. <3 - Athena
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #451 on: June 29, 2009, 03:37:02 pm »

sidebar : I'm stepping out of the story. I'm not on here enough to keep up, and y'all have it running nicely without me. I appreciate y'all letting me contribute, and the story is wonderful. <3 - Athena

sidebar: Sad  If you feel you must. Please feel free to jump back in anytime!!!

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #452 on: June 29, 2009, 03:48:14 pm »

Once Athena chimed in that she's cover the rear again, Mrs Cross nodded. "Then we're set. I've got to take the lead, Tommy, if you'll follow me, love, Brantley, Mr. Storm and... Evie was it? You three can work out the middle however you're most comfortable."

she headed to the rope that Ms Storm had just shimmied up, took it in hand, and dropped off the edge of the Beau Rosin.
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #453 on: June 29, 2009, 10:40:54 pm »

Unacountably, a line of poetry runs through Tommy's head..."Whither thou goest, my love, I must go.."
"Now where did that come from?" he thinks, shaking his head..he's not sure his brain has fully recovered from firing the Mobius Gun...grasping the rope, after seeing Abiliegh safely on the ground, he rappelles down rapidly. "Old Commando tricks are coming back..that's a good thing!" Like almost every other able bodied man on Earth, Tommy had done his duty during the Second War of the Worlds. He's older now, but still able.
He steadies the rope as the others descend.

Two pictures which should actually go a page or so back, but the Mobius Gun was just finished this morning (who knew Liquid Nails took 48 hours to dry? Facepalm. Tongue )

Tommy Fires The "Obliterator"

Yet well thy soul hath brooked the turning tide, with that innate, untaught philosophy,Which, be it wisdom, coldness, or deep pride, is gall and wormwood to an enemy.
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0909/d06/2144/c7f

« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2009, 11:40:50 pm »

Evie checks her pockets, then swings down the rope, landing lightly on her feet. The various items on her person jingle merrily, and she brushes down her pants one more time.

She was glad to be off again, to finally be doing something. Too long she had been stuck in one place, and it drove her insane. These people also seemed to be enjoyable company, even though they certainly were an odd bunch when she thought of it.

I apply my personality in a paste- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #455 on: June 30, 2009, 12:14:07 am »

Ms Storm slid down the rope after Ms cross and Evie with a practiced ease.  she let go of the rope once she was a few feet off the ground, looking at their surroundings, hand resting automatically on her revolver.  She spun, thinking she saw a flash of read but... "Nothing..."

The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #456 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:07 am »

sidebar: Great photos! I've got to get more done, but i don't have an outfit like what i described myself wearing!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #457 on: June 30, 2009, 01:22:05 am »

sidebar: Great photos! I've got to get more done, but i don't have an outfit like what i described myself wearing!

Mine would be rather lacking as well, since I have neither (1) a pressure suit,or (2)a leather airshipman's trenchcoat.(or the guns, for that matter)

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #458 on: June 30, 2009, 03:22:07 am »

Sidebar: Just trying to be entertaining for my "fellow travelers" on the good ship Beau Rosin. The tommy-gun prop was made from scratch..it's solid wood. The Mobius Gun is a piece of acrylic closet rod, a wooden stock, the handle part of some Disney 'Atlantis' lightsaber toy, and the pistol grip is cut from a cheap plastic watergun. There are other bits and pieces added..it looks better in real life than it does in the pictures...one of these days I'm going to get a better camera. Other than that, I'm just wearing an old khaki flight suit, and my ever dependable goggles. Grin Perhaps I've got too much time on my hands, but making these props is fun..a while back I worked for PBS television..yep..building props.
I'm just going to follow Abi's lead in the matter of rescuing the Captain, but we've still got a lot of story left to write...we've saved the city, we've saved Honey and Mrs. Cross..now we've got to save the Captain..and the world! Thanks to everyone playing our little game, I for one am having a lot of fun!
-Jim

ps...another shot of the Mobius...

Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2009, 03:51:09 am »

Have you seen this man?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:46:08 am by Captain Brandsson » Logged

- Maximilian
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #460 on: June 30, 2009, 04:07:08 am »

Lordy, that's one tough-lookin' hombre...
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #461 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:12 am »

Hi folks. OPB here with a tip on piccies. You may have seen and admired (?) the renderings of The Professor (in tavern and on deck) a few pages back. I also did one of Mr. Gunn, which is in his posession and one of Mrs. Cross, which may never have arrived with her.

What I wanted to tell you about was this online app: http://ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp which lets you create a character by selecting choices from menus. The poses available are limited, unfortunately, but with a little messing about you can put something together. There are several alternate engines on that site as well, for different sorts of characters, but this seems the most useful.

Now, getting a copy of the rendering is a little complicated, but all you really need is a virtual PDF printer (several are available for free) on your machine. You set that to be the default printer first, then print your picsha from the menu. Then, just use your PDF viewer's snapshot function to capture the image. You can then paste your clipboard contents in your favorite image viewer, save it, et voila.

Alternatively, some image software (I think Irfanview, for instance) can read a PDF directly and save it in an image format of your choice (I like PNG).

The resulting image should be rather large, so I reduce it in whatever I'm using -- usually GIMP.

The third way to do it is to print to a physical printer and scan the result.

Of course, you are limited to the body and costume parts on the menus, but a little imagination goes a long way. And it avoids all the hassle of dressing up and finding a camera, etc.

Just a suggestion. Now back to our story, already in progress ...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:52:48 pm by OldProfessorBear » Logged

Another Entirely Reasonable Opinion from
Bill P_______, Nul.D. (Unseen U.), F.R.S.*, Restorer of Old Photographs,
Sexagenarian Boy Genius and SUPREME NERD GOD!!! (score=98)
Down in the Belly of Brooklyn, NY, US
* http://forum.retrofuturist.org
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2009, 04:20:29 am »

Puts me in mind of Arlo Guthrie on steroids ...
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #463 on: June 30, 2009, 04:37:17 am »

Once everyone was down, she looked around. There were buildings everywhere, and she thought she could *just* make out an entrance to the tube system down the way.

With Brandsson's presence radiating from below her, it was almost physically painful to walk away from it. But she did. She had to trust the rest to follow her, as it was taking all her concentration to keep hold of Max. Something was interfering. Something unusual.

She reached the stairwell, and took the first step down. The air felt thick, electrified. This wasn't any ordinary tunnel.

But she continued.

Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #464 on: June 30, 2009, 04:41:17 am »

Puts me in mind of Arlo Guthrie on steroids ...
Heh!  I could deal with that.
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2009, 04:42:58 am »

*on board the airship*

The Professor stood at the helm. All was quiet in inter-reality space, for the moment, but he remained vigilant.

"Bertie" had stepped into the cabin to brew up some tea. He returned bearing a tray and what appeared to be a pamphlet. "Well, well," he said, "look what I found on the cabin floor; I wonder if that new young woman might have dropped it." And he handed this to the Professor:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"How odd," said the Professor. "I wonder ... "
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2009, 04:45:52 am »

sidebar: that comic is brilliant, and no, I never received my photo! miss.nelle@gmail.com, and i've got my chat names linking in my profile. MSN is the best, at the moment Wink
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2009, 05:09:16 am »

Ms Storm followed Ms Cross to the entrance then stopped, pulling her revolver and shooting ahead of Ms cross.  A small deformed creature some where in between a bat and a dog hits the ground of the tunnel squirming until Ms Storm puts another round in it.
"Don't like the looks of that one," she said calmly but frowning deeply,  "things like that have master, masters are bigger and nastier,"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2009, 05:50:48 am »

Brantley pushed to the front. "let me see that thing," he said, fishing a small bottle of glowing liquid from a pouch oin his belt. he shook it, and there was suddenly enough light pouring formthe bottle to see the misshapen creature clearly -- and brantley wished it were otherwise. Between a bat and a dog, verily, he thought. "these things aren't from this time. They're not supposed to show up this far north until 1987, and they're not supposed to cross the Atlantic at all..." he glanced up at 'Mr.' Storm and Mrs. Cross, then over the rest of the group. "keep alert, folks, if there's lesser servants around, their masters, as Mr. Storm just said, are close by as well." he replaced his mauser with the thaumic blaster, thumbing a switch on the left side of the barrel. There was a small WHOOMP noise, and then a barely-audible whine as the weapon powered up. He put the vial back in his pocket, and deferred to mrs. Cross again.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:37:26 pm by MWBailey » Logged
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2009, 06:14:20 am »

Ms storm examined the odd creature knelling by it, studying it closely, "A collar..." she unattached it and stood, holding it up, "this indicates at least human inelegance influence here..."  she cut herself off as some thing flashed before her eyes,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And a voice Ah, little pretender, you've found me again.  How delightful!  I will see you when I can, which will be soon. I am to halt your progress....  Then she was pulled back to the present by Brantley shaking her shoulders.  She shook her head violently, "they have more supernatural than just this," she kicked the small monster at her feet, "to deal with.  Some one like a witch, but not human,"

(if this villainous clairvoyant can't fit into the plot ya'll have worked out, tell me and I'll edit this post, I just thought it would be fun to throw Ms Storm for a loop)
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2009, 06:41:45 am »

Following Abiliegh into the tunnel, Tommy is startled a bit when Stormy fires a round past them..something yelps. Under the glare of Brantley's chemical light, it is revealed to be one of the ugliest things T.E. has ever seen...clearly not natural. Storm puts another round in it, then kicks it for good measure. "Kid's got good night vision," thinks Gunn. "Should come in handy down here." The intrepid group moves further in to the darkened Tube. Tommy unholsters the Colt..he's left his shoulder holster back at Thistlewaite Hall, and is wearing the .45 on his belt, now, military style. Thumbing off the safety, he follows Abiliegh's lead, eyes straining into the darkness ahead. "Bigger and nastier...hmmp...probably not bulletproof, though. Sure hope not, anyway." If they are, Tommy will see how they like grenades..when he got the other guns from the case, he hooked the seven grenades to his belt, too..just in case.
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2009, 02:58:42 pm »

Silly me! Irfanview doesn't read PDF, but GIMP does! I should have known. Photoshop probably imports PDF as well.
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2009, 05:18:52 pm »

Forcing her awareness to do her bidding left her woefully surprised when Ms Storm shot the monster. It was an ugly little thing, it was, but not as ugly as the aura that was suddently visible to her. It was probing Ms Storm, speaking to her, no doubt.

She felt Max's presence flickering at the edge of her consciousness, and she re-directed her focus back to it. She worried that if she lost the hold she had on him, she'd never get it back.

But she could talk about it. She spoke softly, while leading them further into the tunnel. "I don't mean t'blow any secrets of yours outta the water, Mr Storm, but whatever is going on in your head right now might be worth sharing with the class..."
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0909/d06/2144/c7f

« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2009, 06:46:46 pm »

Evie walked past the strange creature, and kicked it softly. She had seen these before, and they weren't exactly friendly in her experience. She gripped her weapon tighter and followed the rest of the group.
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2009, 07:15:39 pm »

Ms Storm sighed, "She's a sort of...spirit, spirit is the better term for her,"  she rolled her shoulders, trying not to show her nervousness, "She's immortal, but can be contained.  Rowan and silver, fairly normal stuff.  Don't let her get a hold of your full name...that always turns out badly," she looked downt he tunnel squinting "the more immediate threat is the little buggers like the one I just shot,"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: