AetherConTM Auckland – Annual NZ Steampunk Convention.
A large bi-annual steampunk convention in Auckland and Wellington, to promote everything steampunk, from around the world. AetherCon is New Zealand’s largest steampunk event.Convention Location:
Ellerslie Event Centre, Great Northern room; www.eventcentre.ellerslie.co.nz/rooms/great_northern.html
. Convention Schedule; Saturday, 2013 April 6th:
• From 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Doors open for stall holders and vendors to load-in and set-up.
• From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: The convention will be open. Doors will open earlier if we’re ready.
• During this time will be the fashion parade and prise-giving. Judging date and time are to be determined, and may be the Friday before, or on the Saturday.
• From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: The convention stalls are removed from the hall, then load-in and set-ups for the ball occur.
• From 8 p.m. to late: The steampunk ball (see separate details, www.facebook.com/events/427907173948290
). Stall Holders include:
Entry and Vendor Costs
- Steamworks, www.facebook.com/SteamWorks.nz
- Whim Wams, www.facebook.com/ann.dugmore
- Cog & Compass - Costume and Couture, www.facebook.com/cogandcompass.
- Lady Animalia’s Creative Creations, www.facebook.com/Lady.Animalia
- Krakens Lair, www.facebook.com/KrakensLair.
- Vanessa Admiral, www.facebook.com/VanessaAdmiral
- Grymmstone and Treacle Clothing, www.facebook.com/GrymmstoneandTreacleClothing
- Steampunk NZ Festival 2013, Oamaru
- Nene’s Naughty N Nice Clothing, www.facebook.com/pages/Nenes-naughty-n-nice-clothing/196623597098808
- Royal Dirigible Corps NZ, www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Dirigible-Corps-NZ/279809435421093
- Sallsbury's Fine Victorian Emporium.
- Heritage Costume and Design, www.facebook.com/pages/Heritage-Costume-and-Design/346022175457112
- The Commissars, www.facebook.com/groups/468682043199753, www.ironicfallout.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/beginnings.html.
- First Scene, www.facebook.com/first.scene.ltd, www.firstscene.co.nz.
- Créations Perpétuelle, www.facebook.com/groups/253148874821577
- Clockwork Cupcakes and Confectionary, by Juanita McConnachie.
- PaintedFaces, www.facebook.com/PaintedFacesNZ
- Michaela De Bruce, www.facebook.com/pages/Michaela-de-Bruce/152637694808851
- Alle Ziele, www.thebigidea.co.nz/profile/alle-ziele/43847
- “STELLA 459” Steampunk Short Film, www.facebook.com/stella459
Stall holders and vendors: 50$.
General public: 10$, with people 15 years old and under, free.
Tickets are available:
• From the door.
• From Eventfinder, www.eventfinder.co.nz/2013/aethercon-the-steampunk-convention-2013-auckland/auckland/ellerslie
• By direct deposit into ASB account 12 3031 0386720 52, with your name as a reference. Convention Contacts:
• Facebook (primary): www.facebook.com/events/393633354057302
• Email: Michael Hodgson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mallery Henderson, email@example.com
• Telephone: Michael mobile 210 287 4425.
Mallery mobile 210 821 8767. Steamworks stall at AetherCon Wellington 2012 - Photo by Parado Photography