The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 25, 2018, 01:57:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Eastern USA -- A steampunk connectivity thread  (Read 72260 times)
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #675 on: July 20, 2012, 05:17:59 am »

Yes. There was a Steampunk dance in Huntsville a few months ago - I think it was in March? There are definitely Steampunk events up in north AL.

Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.
Knight Walker
Gunner

« Reply #676 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »

How do I get in touch with them? I can't find anything online and it would be nice to meet face to face.

A well place stick of dynamite solves all problems.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #677 on: July 22, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »

I'm not sure if it's a set group of people who does the events every time.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #678 on: August 23, 2012, 12:57:01 am »

Hello, are there any more steampunk events anywhere near Atlanta other than Dragon Con this year? I only will be able to be at Dragon Con on Monday, so I feel a need to make up for some of the time lost on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #679 on: August 23, 2012, 01:03:25 am »

Hello, are there any more steampunk events anywhere near Atlanta other than Dragon Con this year? I only will be able to be at Dragon Con on Monday, so I feel a need to make up for some of the time lost on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

There is another Artifice Club event in December I believe... Other than that, I'm not sure..

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #680 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »

There is an event in Anderson, South Carolina on November 30th to December 1st, but I am a little hesitant about it because its website is not particularly informative. Can anyone tell me if it is worth going to?
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #681 on: September 22, 2012, 01:25:11 am »

I think I may have killed this thread.
quantumcat
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #682 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:51 pm »

Naw,it just gets sluggish when the crape myrtles are out.   Undecided
Knight Walker
Gunner

« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

I think I may have killed this thread.

I'm the master thread killer!
SmarmyGrin
Deck Hand

« Reply #684 on: October 18, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »

Pensacola/perdido key florida here
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #685 on: November 08, 2012, 07:11:31 am »

There is an event in Anderson, South Carolina on November 30th to December 1st, but I am a little hesitant about it because its website is not particularly informative. Can anyone tell me if it is worth going to?

Are you referring to Upstate Steam? I have never been although I have met the people running it. It is unfortunately the same weekend as Teslacon which is drawing myself and a lot of Atlanta based steampunks. I do know they will be having a tea duelling tournament because I worked with them to set it up -- although I will be at Teslacon running the tea duelling there.

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #686 on: November 08, 2012, 01:41:10 pm »

Are you referring to Upstate Steam? I have never been although I have met the people running it. It is unfortunately the same weekend as Teslacon which is drawing myself and a lot of Atlanta based steampunks. I do know they will be having a tea duelling tournament because I worked with them to set it up -- although I will be at Teslacon running the tea duelling there.

I was indeed referring to Upstate Steam. I don't think I could make it to Wisconsin for Teslacon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:43:24 pm by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #687 on: November 20, 2012, 03:41:12 am »

I was indeed referring to Upstate Steam. I don't think I could make it to Wisconsin for Teslacon.

Unfortunately I will not be able to come to this event, my final exams in two different college courses are the week after.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:43:25 am by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #688 on: November 20, 2012, 03:41:45 am »

There is another Artifice Club event in December I believe... Other than that, I'm not sure..

I probably will be able to come to this though.
RSFifield
Swab

« Reply #689 on: November 21, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »

Pardon the multiple posts...

Announcing the first organizational meeting of the Charleston Area Steampunk Troupe. (The name can be changed at the first meeting...):
On January 19th, at 6:00 pm at the Atlanta Bread Company coffee shop on North Main Street in Summerville a group will gather to discuss the formation of a local steampunk group. All interested parties are welcome to join us as we decide the name of the group, the location and dates of future meetings, and all other things related to the formation of a new group. Please share this invitation far and wide, with anyone and everyone who might have interest in such a group. Steampunk attire is not required for this meeting, although it is not exactly discouraged either.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #690 on: December 04, 2012, 03:51:10 am »

Does anyone else plan to come to the Artifice Club Event on December 8th? So far it appears that I will be able to come, although it is possible my schedule may change over the next few days. I really want to come, and I feel like I need to for stress relief after my final exams.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #691 on: December 04, 2012, 04:21:00 am »

Does anyone else plan to come to the Artifice Club Event on December 8th? So far it appears that I will be able to come, although it is possible my schedule may change over the next few days. I really want to come, and I feel like I need to for stress relief after my final exams.

I wanted to, but I will be in Oregon visiting my dad..
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #692 on: December 09, 2012, 05:58:17 am »

I wanted to, but I will be in Oregon visiting my dad..

Well, I made it and I enjoyed it. Now back to reality. Sad
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #693 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:23 am »

Is anything happening between now and Anachrocon in February? I would be especially pleased if there is one within the next three weeks, before my next college semester starts. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:02:13 am by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Gustaf Danielsson
Officer

Troll Hunter and Arctic Explorer

« Reply #694 on: December 12, 2012, 01:09:33 am »

The Clockwork Ball at Davenport & Winkleperry in Pittsboro, NC on New Year's Eve:

http://www.facebook.com/events/286024288183189/?fref=ts

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #695 on: December 12, 2012, 01:23:30 am »

The Clockwork Ball at Davenport & Winkleperry in Pittsboro, NC on New Year's Eve:

http://www.facebook.com/events/286024288183189/?fref=ts

Seems a bit far away, I live in Atlanta.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #696 on: December 29, 2012, 10:21:46 am »

I really want to spend more of my time with other steampunk people in person. I cannot get enough of it by just going to conventions every few months and spending time on this forum on a day-to-day basis. At this point I am seriously considering organizing a meet-up of some sort. Does anyone know of any ideal locations in the Atlanta area?
LadyLittleDeath
Swab

MissMurder850
« Reply #697 on: January 04, 2013, 06:23:37 am »

I am new to this Forum as well & finding I am liking it more an more. Would love to meet new people who are in the South Eastern USA as well, I live in Tallahassee, Florida. Not many people it seems in this town know much about Steampunk. I do go to Dragon Con every year. Loads of good times!!

May your Little Death be most transcendental.
Gustaf Danielsson
Officer

Troll Hunter and Arctic Explorer

« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2013, 07:07:16 am »

For those in the central North Carolina area, our steampunk group will be kicking off the new year with a renewed focus on our monthly meetings. We've changed locations to Davenport & Winkleperry, home of the famous Clockwork Ball, in Pittsboro, NC.

Our agenda for each meeting will be
1) Club news/local happenings
2) Discussion of national steampunk news (new books, shows, etc)
3) Member spotlight - a member will spend some time talking about their character and their creations
4) A Craft, tutorial or special guest
5) Socializing and open discussion about clothing, lifestyle, and artwork associated with steampunk.

Our first meeting will be January 22nd, and we will be planning our events for the year. Please RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/Punky-Steamers/
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #699 on: January 10, 2013, 05:06:50 am »

For those in the central North Carolina area, our steampunk group will be kicking off the new year with a renewed focus on our monthly meetings. We've changed locations to Davenport & Winkleperry, home of the famous Clockwork Ball, in Pittsboro, NC.

Our agenda for each meeting will be
1) Club news/local happenings
2) Discussion of national steampunk news (new books, shows, etc)
3) Member spotlight - a member will spend some time talking about their character and their creations
4) A Craft, tutorial or special guest
5) Socializing and open discussion about clothing, lifestyle, and artwork associated with steampunk.

Our first meeting will be January 22nd, and we will be planning our events for the year. Please RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/Punky-Steamers/

I really wish I could come, but it is a long way away from me and happens on a weekday when I am busy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: