The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 25, 2018, 02:06:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Eastern USA -- A steampunk connectivity thread  (Read 72261 times)
supemoy
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 11:08:53 pm »

Huh, I never would have thought there were so many steampunx right in my backyard.  I'm in Pensacola, FL just a stones throw from a lot of ya'll.
SprocketLocket
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:09 am »

I spend half the year in San Francisco, but I'm from Knoxville, TN.
Any other Tennessians here?
La Bricoleuse
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Sartorial Engineer

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 01:54:32 pm »

I spend half the year in San Francisco, but I'm from Knoxville, TN.
Any other Tennessians here?

My family has lived in upper east Tennessee for ages, and i went to undergraduate at UT Knoxville.
Insanity
Officer

Baron Von Sasha, The Sasha of All Ages

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:19 pm »

I also love in GA. I live in Atlanta.

I barely dress up here anymore because of people bothering me. It seems like most people in GA are extremely against different styles of dress and manner.  Undecided

Her Majesty, the King
komischk
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 03:42:40 am »

Hmm, a few people in the Southern areas it seems. Baton Rouge here.  Smiley Obviously, I'm terribly new to this forums so hi all.
SomewhatSavvy
Officer

Procurer of Properties, Antiquities, and Clothing.

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 06:16:30 am »

La Bricoleuse: I myself am in the N.C. Foothills. Who knew fellow Steampunks resided so near?

I'm an Englisman in Eastern North Carolina, here.  Coincidentally, my good wife and I were planning to spend a few days in Asheville in September.
Asheville, NC here.
  My man lives near Asheville! I wonder if ever your paths crossed, though both quite unawares?

On another note: I've been to almost all the states aforementioned in the thread, as I am also a Civil War reenactor Grin.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:25:06 am by SomewhatSavvy » Logged
SomewhatSavvy
Officer

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:38 am »

Aww...surely that's not all? Cry Added my pin to the Map, by the by.
Taluria
Snr. Officer

Sometimes it just feels better to hide.

Holli_Tal
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 04:50:49 pm »

Dothan, Alabama here. I will be a Dragon*Con this year, albeit more than likely in t-shirts and jeans.

Lilian Aston Talbot of the International Cryptozoological and Supernatural Research Society.
"Oh yes, I research and look for mythical beasts. Sea serpents, Phoukas, good men... That sort of thing."
http://twitter.com/OfTheICaSRS
C Agnes Deadlock
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 04:08:39 am »

Hello, Somewhat Savvy, I'm the wife of the good Fortescue and we're on the coast of NC. We'll be visiting Asheville with mum (Karl's mum) in a few weeks' time. I'm looking forward to seeing Malaprops again--it's one of my favourite bookshops.
SomewhatSavvy
Officer

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 06:29:45 am »

Hello, Somewhat Savvy, I'm the wife of the good Fortescue and we're on the coast of NC. We'll be visiting Asheville with mum (Karl's mum) in a few weeks' time. I'm looking forward to seeing Malaprops again--it's one of my favourite bookshops.
Speaking of the coast, we were just there actually! In Sea Level!  Grin I loved every minute of it.
C Agnes Deadlock
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 01:58:52 pm »

The heat and humidity didn't kill you?
SomewhatSavvy
Officer

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 10:31:52 pm »

Not really much cooler here  Undecided so it wasn't bad. The mosquitoes on the other hand...
arcane
Snr. Officer

Steamcrunk. WHAT?

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 05:26:31 pm »

I am in North Carolina as well. In our *cough* glorious capitol, precisely.   Shocked
brutebrother
Gunner
Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 11:01:22 am »

Ashville isn't too far from where I hang my hat. when i'm at home at least.

You guys should definitely travel to Knoxville TN sometime and check it out.

~YJ Sgt. Smitty

reporting from the trenches.
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 01:20:31 pm »

My residence constantly flip flops between eastern NC and VA. But I always live somewhere near the ocean. Needless to say, I do more sailing in a sea ship then an air ship. Grin

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
Insanity
Officer

Baron Von Sasha, The Sasha of All Ages

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 09:48:36 pm »

I wish I lived near the water. I used to spend summers up in New York and Maine and I really miss just staring out at the waves.
CinnamonAndSpite
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 06:09:20 am »

I never got a chance to explor Knoxville much! I drove through there on a big college football day, and of course thought all the humans on the street were insane. *grins* Otherwise, I've met a few nice people from Knoxville's Goth scene, who frequent the Ashville club. Cheesy

And I know what you mean Insanity. There is something so cool and lovely about the New England Coast. I loved Portsmouth when I lived there.
JLeigh
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 08:46:07 am »

Tampa, Florida here.  Apparently there are a scant few of us in the Sunshine State.

Though last year there was a man who used to walk around the USF campus in Victorian dress carrying a glass ball.. I wonder if he's around these digital parts?  I never got the chance to talk to him in person.
brutebrother
Gunner
Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 11:21:06 am »

I never got a chance to explor Knoxville much! I drove through there on a big college football day, and of course thought all the humans on the street were insane. *grins* Otherwise, I've met a few nice people from Knoxville's Goth scene, who frequent the Ashville club. Cheesy

And I know what you mean Insanity. There is something so cool and lovely about the New England Coast. I loved Portsmouth when I lived there.

i know exactly what you mean about insane people on the streets for game day. Yeah I stay away from town on game days! ha

We probably know some of the same people then cause I know peeps that go to asheville from time to time.
Nesagwa
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2007, 06:42:09 pm »

Tampa, Florida here.  Apparently there are a scant few of us in the Sunshine State.

Though last year there was a man who used to walk around the USF campus in Victorian dress carrying a glass ball.. I wonder if he's around these digital parts?  I never got the chance to talk to him in person.

'Nother Tampa man here.  I went antique hunting this weekend only to find that nearly all of the establishments listed in the local directory were out of business and replaced with houses of ill repute.

Very disappointing to say thing least as I was interested in finding myself a pocket watch.
La Bricoleuse
Snr. Officer

Sartorial Engineer

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 07:11:51 pm »

I never got a chance to explor Knoxville much! I drove through there on a big college football day, and of course thought all the humans on the street were insane. *grins*
i know exactly what you mean about insane people on the streets for game day. Yeah I stay away from town on game days! ha

In college at UTK, lo these many [NOYB] years ago, i had the extreme misfortune of getting caught driving up the strip in an old orange-and-white VW van just as a (winning) game ended and the hordes of screaming face-painted orange-overalls-sporting Vol fans came streaming up the middle of the pike.

I seriously thought they were going to flip my vehicle.

This is not to say that anyone is more sensible about football here where i currently reside, in Tarheel country, but at least people painting themselves blue and going crazy somehow makes a bit more sense, in an odd way.
CinnamonAndSpite
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 11:15:42 pm »

We probably know some of the same people then cause I know peeps that go to asheville from time to time.

Well, let me edit that... I've SEEN some of those people... Miss Spite (takes the third person) As some on the Forums will now now, is not always the most outgoing or sosial of people... She often will not be the one to start conversations... But I have seen them, and have been frequently to the A-ville club. Cheesy
JLeigh
Gunner

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 03:35:13 am »

'Nother Tampa man here.  I went antique hunting this weekend only to find that nearly all of the establishments listed in the local directory were out of business and replaced with houses of ill repute.

Very disappointing to say thing least as I was interested in finding myself a pocket watch.

Hello local buddy!

I like this directory, I've never been to any of the Tampa shops, but I use it when I'm visiting my parents in Daytona.
http://antiqueshoppefl.com/localshops/shops.html
Sir Andrew
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 06:16:45 am »

Ahoy-oy!

I'm from Beaufort, South Carolina, meself. Gorgeous antebellum homes and spreading Grand Oaks laced with Spanish mossresting on the Riverside sums up dowtown nicely there.
nadar
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:02 pm »

I'm new to this thread.  I'm from Gulfport Fl, which is near Tampa Town.  There are a lot of antique shops in St Pete for anyone collecting Victorian items
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: