The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 25, 2020, 08:53:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Lady's have a tearoom, so here's a Gentleman's Club  (Read 203300 times)
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2009, 12:06:42 pm »

*stares in shock at having received a glass of rum from the Greek Goddess of War and Wisdom*

Erm, thank you very much, Ma'am. *bows slightly*

Well there is something you don't see every day...clearly, there'll be no real estate "dealings" here tonight.

Ah, peace.
Y'know, not many people realize I'm the Greek God of the Sun. I seem rather more understated, than, say, War, Wisdom, Thunder, Sickness, the sea.

TO many think of Apollo right away.  *smiles*  I think Helios sounds better.
That ye. I do too.
Excuse me, but it appears that I am talking! And I am in the Club! This must be fixed.
*Falls asleep*

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2009, 12:28:28 pm »

*reappears with disappointed urchin in tow*
"Here's a sovereign for your labour, a cigar for your soul and a bottle of stout for your health, now out with you."

"But sir the wimmin - in bloomers ....."

"OUT with you or I'll box your ears!"

*Urchin departs, slipping slightly on cabbage leaves as he exits the club"

*Pries board off packing case, reaches in, extracts cut glass whiskey tumbler, pours self a large one and retreats into leather arm chair, behind a copy of the Necronomonist*

*Watches the urchin with disgust as it leaves*  YEAH YOU'D BETTER RUN!

*Eyes widen slightly at the realisation of her loud outcry, falls silent and returns to her book*.

''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''
Chris Siddall
Officer

« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2009, 01:26:47 pm »

*eases hammer on Webley Elephant Revolver*

At ease lads and lasses, at ease.

*fishes out envelope*

May as well tell you now, got orders from High Command whilst we were out shopping.
We were to have 24 hours liberty before rejoining the Rani Victria for the rendezvous with the Maharaja's Royal Flytilla. Liberty has been cancelled for us, we are to disembark from the airship, and join 4th Battalion M.O. Pioneer companies in preparing the maidan outside for the Grand Durbar and Masque.

So two weeks of hard graft and rough living. I can't tell you this officially but it was this or Court Martial. Anyone who wants to take their chances with the Velvet Sledgehammer can report to the Provost on the double...

No? Then lets have a drink.
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2009, 02:25:08 pm »

Velvet Sledgehammer, eh? When I served in the third Foot and Mouth, the CO was known as the Chocolate Teapot; not sure why...

Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2009, 02:45:57 pm »

It's because you don't capitalize it, helios...helios?...oh well...

Aren't "plastic glasses" a contradiction in terms?  And if we had proper staff around here to wash the dishes, I'd quit finding bits of Realtor in my port.  That can't be healthy.

What's with that child?  If this keeps up we'll have to sell the place and move on - if worst comes to worst we could always do that, couldn't we?... What?  Why not?

What a day this is shaping up to be, already.

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
Pixiepunk
« Reply #455 on: June 12, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »

*swishing through the not so secret passageway*  Gentlemen, several of the ladies and I were wondering, why our tea room is now redecorated in the ahem, bordella fashion?  I a kraken is understandable but a bordello?  Gentlemen, we are *ahem* respectable ladies.
Athena
« Reply #456 on: June 12, 2009, 03:56:04 pm »

*laugh* Speak for yourself pixie.  Wink

*taking the glasses and stacking them behind the bar*

Nikola : Yes, a regular day this is turning out to be. I guess I could try to tidy up a bit. *takes a rag and begins to wipe down the bar* I had a pretty long night last night.....and I'm firing up the coffee machine...*sputter clink sputter clank*

Stupid machine.  Tongue
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #457 on: June 12, 2009, 03:58:18 pm »

Stupid machine.  Tongue

I know.  How can that be a proper coffee machine, with no sparks and nothing glowing in the dark?

We really need to do something about this place.

Oh and I'll have a coffee, if you're making it anyway.  Thank you.
Athena
« Reply #458 on: June 12, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »

Nikola : My pleasure sir. I have just slipped through the passage to see the new Tea Room, and I do love the new look. I even added my own little touch.  Wink Here's your coffee. *putting the cream and the sugar bowl on the table*

*getting out the polish and wiping it on the bar* There has to be mirror polish around here somewhere....
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #459 on: June 12, 2009, 04:07:47 pm »

*walks through the passage yawning holding a plate of Crepe* Good morning, would any one like any? *sets it down next to the cream and sugar bowl*

Hm, how can I help? *lookig around*

Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #460 on: June 12, 2009, 04:10:53 pm »

Thank you very much, ma'am; this coffee is excellent!

We do need to fix the decor in here too, though with something more...appropriate for gentlemen...perhaps something with a hunting, sailing, or airship theme?  The problem is, in our case we will have to bring it up at the next administrative meeting to put it on the agenda for the general business meeting, at which we must select a committee, which must then convene its own meeting, make a recommendation, delegate a sub-committee for a cost analysis that will then require yet another meeting.  Then the cost analysis must be brought before the decor committee which then must agree on one of the options, present it to the Board, which then puts it on the next general business meeting agenda...

...it'll take even longer to do that than it took to write it up...no wonder we sleep all day...

[Note:  I actually know a group that operates in exactly the above described manner...it is mid-June and the airconditioning is still not repaired...]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:13:16 pm by Nikola Tesla » Logged
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #461 on: June 12, 2009, 04:14:00 pm »

good god man! all that for redecorating?  Shocked
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #462 on: June 12, 2009, 04:17:16 pm »

good god man! all that for redecorating?  Shocked

All that for any decision whatsoever...as we all know, a camel is an animal designed by a committee.  Wink
Athena
« Reply #463 on: June 12, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »

Nikola : Well, that's no fun. Why don't you just do it and cut through the red tape? *polishing the bar to a lice sheen* There.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #464 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:23 pm »

*polishing the bar to a lice sheen*
(!)
Athena
« Reply #465 on: June 12, 2009, 04:21:50 pm »

Nice sheen....nice sheen.....*stupid keyboard*
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #466 on: June 12, 2009, 04:22:48 pm »

Looking around, though, you can see why I thought you might be serious...  Cheesy
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #467 on: June 12, 2009, 04:25:56 pm »

*peers over the Necronomonist at the brightly polished parasitic insects*

The silver plated ones need a bit more polishing yet.

*returns to paper*

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.
Athena
« Reply #468 on: June 12, 2009, 04:26:23 pm »

Nikola : Don't remind me. I say, you could wake up a few chaps and this place would look good in no time. But first, let's open a few windows to let some of the smoke out. *opens the windows* There.
May I light a few smoker's candles in here to get the air fresh?
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #469 on: June 12, 2009, 04:28:21 pm »

May I light a few smoker's candles in here to get the air fresh?

Light up what you like, the best worst thing that could happen is you burn down the Club.

Just make sure none of them jump in the windows.  Shocked
Agamemnon Magillicutty
Officer

« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2009, 04:39:11 pm »

~polishes his Brachiosaur Rifle~

"Oh dear, I fear the Elephant Gun just won't do this time. Make ready the Brachiosaurus Rifle."
Athena
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2009, 04:41:39 pm »

*putting out a few citrus candles and lighting them in various places* Well....some of the smoke is gone at least. *switches on the lights, hearing groans under the newspapers*

Alright boys, I might have to move a few of you to clean. *grabs a broom and starts sweeing away cobwebs* *looks at the fireplace hearth* Good God....when was the last time you cleaned that thing? It's like I'm in Howl's Moving Castle.

*rolling up her pants and her shirt sleeves*
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2009, 04:47:20 pm »

*comes back in from the tea room* dreadfully sorry, just wanted to get in my work cloth before I started to clean. Cheesy  *starts cleaning around, scrubbign hard a spot on the wall* I think this is blood and isn't coming out.  What do you gentle men do in here?
Athena
« Reply #473 on: June 12, 2009, 04:49:04 pm »

Ms. Storm, I am afraid to ask.

*finishing up the cobwebs and sweeping the floor* Why is the ash so thick on this floor? I'm gonna need to mop as well. *sweeping and singing Caledonia Mission*
Pixiepunk
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »

*Enters in work clothes and begins polishing the chandeliers*  Gentlemen, really... if these spiders are specimins, they really need to be pinned and tagged, not left to hang in the lighting.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: