The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2020, 02:10:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Lady's have a tearoom, so here's a Gentleman's Club  (Read 199508 times)
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Inventor, Member of the Van Helsing Society

« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2009, 06:11:58 pm »

Erm, cyberjacques...you...aren't a Realtor, are you?  *suspicious look*

Egads, no!  Vile creatures, with their listings and their yard signs and their *shudder* briefcases.  My dear sister and her husband recently had an infestation of the vermin, and it was so bad they had to move...  Besides, just look into my eyes, and you will see a soul instead of a bottomless pit of darkness.  Easiest way to tell.

As for the doorman, I'm sure that between the lot of us we could come up with a suitable automaton to perform the job.  Plus, it would be immune to the vile magics of the Realtors.  It could be equipped with a myriad of weaponry for every occasion.  Including a net launcher.  Hmm, I appear to have run out of port.  While we're replacing the doorman, perhaps we could produce a handful of butler-bots as well...

"To mewl and blabber about a treasure map, in front of this particular crew, demonstrates a level of ineptitude that borders on the imbecilic.  And I mean that in a very caring way."
                                                     ~Captain Amelia of the RLS Legacy, Treasure Planet
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2009, 06:13:26 pm »

*following Ms Rose* Oh! Hello boys! Cheesy

Curses, my arch rival has arrived!  Here to spy on me, are you?  *glares suspiciously*
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:50 pm »

*following Ms Rose* Oh! Hello boys! Cheesy

Curses, my arch rival has arrived!  Here to spy on me, are you?  *glares suspiciously*

Grin Even if I where, in theory, here to spy on you.  Would I tell you that? *smiles a little to innocently*

darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:30 pm »

*watches boys through a crack in the secret door*

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2009, 07:42:51 pm »

Gentlemen, we have spies among us.  And why is there not a "doorman" at the secret entrance?  We need automatons, I tell you!  And butler-bots with flamethrowers.  With a cigar setting and a Realtor setting.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2009, 10:07:20 pm »

Gentlemen, I have an idea.

We have recently had an infestation of certain vile humanoids; why not use these bodies to create our automatons/golems? Reduce, recycle, reuse are the watchwords of the new generation; why not step on this bandwagon?  They look enough like Realtors to fool their compatriots, if necessary, but the Realtor-ness has been burned out of them.  Their history as such, however, leaves them without...other more typical distractions...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Their listings, briefcases, business cards, and lawn signs have been confiscated.  Their license have been burned in a proper ceremony.  What is there now to fear from these specimens?  And since they are technically deceased, we have ample time to search them for any additional, unanticipated Realtoresque weaponry, and have it properly defused.  Being an expert on same, I hereby volunteer for that last part.  Those who wish to search these bodies, should you find anything of which you are unsure, pass it this way.

Behold the pseudo-Realtor zombie army!  Muahahaha!!!!!

(Watch out for those little lapel pins they wear.  I don't believe those have any nefarious powers, but they could poke you.)

[Edited to add:  There is a swirling dark cloud of doom currently forming over the house - IRL!  I believe I shall power down and rejoin this esteemed company later. Wink ]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:09:14 pm by Nikola Tesla » Logged

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2009, 10:54:54 pm »

Gentlemen, we have spies among us.  And why is there not a "doorman" at the secret entrance?  We need automatons, I tell you!  And butler-bots with flamethrowers.  With a cigar setting and a Realtor setting.
*places her hands on her hips and scowls* oh you, you know I at the very least would make short work of somethign like that.  I have no doubt some of the other ladies could as well. Grin
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2009, 11:07:03 pm »

*places her hands on her hips and scowls* oh you, you know I at the very least would make short work of somethign like that.  I have no doubt some of the other ladies could as well. Grin

My dear, I wouldn't dream of throwing a flamethrower-wielding butler-bot at you, at least not for such a minor infraction.  No, they are for lighting fine cigars and torching evil Realtors.  We deal with our ladyfolk in a more gentile manner.  Like net launchers.

OOC:  Would you be willing to help me resurrect the boasting thread in your signature?  I tried to a while ago, but it didn't last long.  It was ever so much fun, and people really seemed to enjoy it.  Whadya say?  Oh, and anyone else willing to participate is very welcome to do so.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2009, 11:12:19 pm »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!SNERK!mmm *smacks his lips* Somebody close the library wall, there's a draft coming in. And don't try the chandelier tunnel, its not stabl--oh. Well, as long as they don't find the priest-door, there's a bomb in there in there...(sudden tremblor) haarrrummph! So much for the priest-door. I'd better not mention the other five secret passageways... *ambles over to the bar, pulls back on the faucet, causing the billiard table to sink into the floor, flip over, and reveal a Stanley Steamer, flash boiler firing up* anybody need a ride home?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:28 pm »

My dear, I wouldn't dream of throwing a flamethrower-wielding butler-bot at you, at least not for such a minor infraction.  No, they are for lighting fine cigars and torching evil Realtors.  We deal with our ladyfolk in a more gentile manner.  Like net launchers.

OOC:  Would you be willing to help me resurrect the boasting thread in your signature?  I tried to a while ago, but it didn't last long.  It was ever so much fun, and people really seemed to enjoy it.  Whadya say?  Oh, and anyone else willing to participate is very welcome to do so.

oh Please sir! Your tenderness  makes me swoon  Roll Eyes

OOC: I have done it! *laughs evil* *coughs* um yes, er, I should go find others to join.... *scurries off*
cyberjacques
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2009, 12:17:42 am »

On a side note, everyone, I do encourage you all to visit the Boasting Challenge thread:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11072.50

It's more fun than a zombie caught in a cotton gin.  If you don't feel like participating, at least read a few of the boasts, they're too funny.  And what is a Gentleman's Smoking Room without some outlandish boasting about past exploits?
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:55 am »

*Snores*

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:16 am »

I don't uinderstand it. whenever I offer to drive anyone anywhere, they alway smake some sort of excuse and disappear.
*notices the emptiness, save for one snoring fellow onm a armchair*
*pushes teh faucet back, watches as teh billiard table reasserts and re-orients itself*
*goes back to his previous zeat, cvers his fac ewith the news paper, and drops back into a snoring slumber...*

"ssskkkkkkkkknnnnnnnnnnnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2009, 06:25:50 am »

*smashing through the bottom shelf of liqueur* I've caught that damn chicken! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Oh dear. I've created quite the mess. My word! How did I manage that? oh. Oh. OH. Gadzooks. WEeeeeellllll,.,.,. *Runs off* Ahh!

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2009, 07:19:59 am »

*Snores*
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2009, 07:25:46 am »

*after running into a wall, fleeing is not by forte
Brush myself off* My word! That man is still asleep! He's worse then the door man!
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2009, 10:26:17 am »

But indeed, Dr. Hastings, if he were awake all the time, we could not draw monocles on his face.

Owner, mate, cook ect. of Capt. Emptimind.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:33 am »

May I present my exhousemate, who passed out at 8pm after three pints, in our communal kitchen.

Warning, contains adult language that may offend:
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2009, 10:45:35 am »

May I present my exhousemate, who passed out at 8pm after three pints, in our communal kitchen.

Three?  Surely he should hand his man-card in for that  Tongue.

''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:49 am »

*Wipes ink off face. Continues snoring*
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:06 pm »

Splutters back to consciousness... "Did someone say Realtor? What? Gone? Yawn...."

Falls asleep again.

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Captain Reech
Officer

« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2009, 02:24:32 pm »

Three?  Surely he should hand his man-card in for that  Tongue.

It depends on what they were pints of! I once tried pints of red wine as an experiment and I only made it to four before making an exhibition of myself!

"I didn't 'Blow it up' I 'Modified the way it works' OK?"
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2009, 02:38:58 pm »

It was Carling, hahaha!
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2009, 03:10:48 pm »

*enters with grocery bag*

Actually, there's yet another possible solution to our doorman problem, especially since it appears we are going to need multiple doormen.  I rethought the Zombie Realtor Army idea - too risky, especially if non-zombie Realtors begin to note how many of their number have gone missing - and I realized I could just pop down to the local Farmers' Market and find many items that are smarter than a Realtor.

*presents a cabbage, a cheese, and a bag of apples*

Each of these items is not only smarter than your average real estate agent (and native intelligence might be a very good thing in a doorman employed by such a distinguished organization as this one), but much cheaper, especially when purchased in bulk.  I would not recommend, ever, purchasing Realtors in bulk.  Should we ever need one of those, I'm sure we could arrange to license one or more of these comestibles.

*places eyeglasses on cabbage*

There.  We could even rig it to snore occasionally, freeing our members to enjoy their port in peace.  Now, I think it's time for the paper.

*Opens newspaper.  Back page features pictures of missing persons, including several Realtors and a cabbage*
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2009, 03:13:28 pm »

*wakes up, stretching in her chair*

Tesla : That should fool 'em.

*pours herself a cup of coffee* Mornin' gents. *wonders why there's chicken feathers all over her...and why there's a large hole in the floor....*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: