The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 08, 2020, 11:57:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for distinguised ladies  (Read 75312 times)
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:49 am »

No actually. Yours is fine. It would probably look cute in a pixie cut. Just remember, in a humid area thick hair has a tendency to *poof*. Especially if it's short.

I just found out that I have the whole library to myself tonight....now what to do, what to do....*hrm*
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2009, 02:04:03 am »

does any one else present have a problem with very thick/frizzy hair?

I too have thick/frizzy hair (although as I get older its losing the thick part).  I find anti-frizz creams are great and you don't need to buy the very expensive ones.  Even the least expensive will do the trick.  Also, a friend with the same hair problems told me she tried Purell in her hair and it WORKED and got rid of the frizzies.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2009, 02:13:53 am »

Wow. It tends to dry mine out. I'll have to try that, thanks for the tidbit! I've been using Suave's 2 in 1 smoothing shampoo, and it leaves it pretty soft along with a little smoothness.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2009, 05:25:29 am »

I use an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner set. It works wonders. Not that much use for me since I've cut my hair very short as of late, but it was wonderful back when I had longer (for a man) hair.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Honeybell
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »

I'll trade with any of you... my stick straight, no body hair.  I definately need tea this morning ladies *yawn*.  Ah, the tribulations of work.
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:00 pm »

Have a seat then. What kind?

Thick hair would be great if there was no humidity. But some days it feels like I have a sauna on my head.  Embarrassed
I want to grow it out long again, but I'll probably just get frustrated with it.

Okay : What colors have your hair been?
Me : Pink, Fuschia, White, Blond, Blue, Mafia Princess Black, Burgundy, Brown, and Auburn.
Honeybell
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2009, 04:05:54 pm »

Oh, it's just a simple Earl Gray morning...

I don't think there's but one color, literally, that my hair has not been ... and that is only black (I really don't want to think about stripping that out).

As I'm sure you all can see, my hair in the icon pic. is blonde (natural).  I despise my blonde hair, so change it frequently.  Right now it is about nine different shades of copper and red.
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

*pouring both of us a cup* But it is really very pretty with the highlights. I dyed mine Auburn a few days ago, and it's starting to turn a light shade of orange now. I'm gonna be dying it again soon because of this. *grumble*
Honeybell
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »

That's the only problem with red dye my dear, I too always get the 'Ronald McDonald' look after about a week.

*Takes her tea*, thank you.
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:01 pm »

I'll trade with any of you... my stick straight, no body hair. 

I'll be second in line.
Mind you I had alopecia a couple of years back and went BALD so now I am grateful for what I 've got !

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »

I have been up all night. I'll take my tea very strong and through an IV.

thanks.

p.s. please leave the tea ball in the IV bag so as to get all the juice out of it.

thanks again.

Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2009, 04:00:41 am »

I was glad that my hair grew back after a) having an illness that caused chunks of it to fall out and b) being on a medication for 2-3 months (which I finally refused to take because of it's multiple side effects) which caused my hair to fall out all over.  It's now about halfway down my back, in long layers to give it body.  (If I leave it one length, it gets too weighted down).

Vienna

Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2009, 11:49:21 am »

I could use a nice strong tea myself right now.  Most appreciated.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2009, 12:10:43 pm »

*Serves Tea*
Honeybell
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2009, 03:21:13 am »

Vienna & Violet,

You ladies are quite admirable.  For all of the horrendous things I've done to my head, I've never had the courage to shave it...  To have to lose your hair through no decision of your own is horrible and takes quite a woman to remain nonplussed.  You ladies have my admiration!   Smiley
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:35 am »

Dear Honeybell,

Thank you (blush).  I admit it was a bit disconcerting to have chunks of hair coming out.  fortunately, a layered hairstyle hides a lot of things!  (grin).

Vienna
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2009, 10:06:57 am »

Vienna & Violet,

You ladies are quite admirable.  For all of the horrendous things I've done to my head, I've never had the courage to shave it...  To have to lose your hair through no decision of your own is horrible and takes quite a woman to remain nonplussed.  You ladies have my admiration!   Smiley

I have to admit that I was a bit pissed off for a few days at the start - my friend said to tell everyone it was chemo and get a sympathy vote - naughty man.
Fortunately it started from the back and worked forwards (if I can't see it - it isn't happening) and as it is short and fine anyway I didn't have the "chunks falling out in my hand experience" either, it was more of a stealth baldness.

Anyway, all back now  Grin - touchwood

ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:55 pm »

Ladies, to carry on a hair theme albeit at a slight tangent, I was wondering how to keep on some of my hats. When I had long hair, and wore it up in a bun, twist or chinon i could use a hat pin quite successfully. But now it is short i cant spear the pin through my hair, and if I do catch some hair, it does not hold my hat. I have tried to use an elastic that goes round the back of my head it just doesn't look right. So ladies, I would appreciate your ideas. Most of the hats I am having trouble are the sit on the top of your head variety. yours Lady Elsie.
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »

Dear Elsie,

Have you tried sewing a comb or two inside the hat?  Or possibly securing some of your hair with a clip under the hat, then anchoring the hatpin under the clipped -down hair?

Vienna
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2009, 07:05:51 pm »

I usually weld them to the bolts in my neck....

Nah I know what you mean - my hair is so short and straight and fine that it provides no sort of anchor - which is why I tend to favour berets
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2009, 08:30:33 pm »

Thank you Vienna, and Violet, That a brill idea Vienna, and Violet I will get the Majors welding kit out. Lady Elsie.
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2009, 11:37:28 pm »

I love the sun, but after two days on the lake, I'm red!  Grin

Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2009, 01:18:08 am »

We've just returned from our lake too - but I am not red, just relaxed.
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:06 am »

Oh it was a lovely time, I even got to wakeboard (which means I'm sore as well as burnt) all worth it though, good time with the family.
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2009, 06:02:33 pm »

*drinking British Breakfast Tea*

I'm hoping to go this weekend. Might even fish some as well. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: