The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 08, 2020, 11:22:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for distinguised ladies  (Read 75310 times)
Lola Holmgang
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:59 am »

How well you look for one deprived of her husbands by such... unfortunate circumstances, dear Aspen! If you do not mind my saying, I declare your hair has turned quite gold from grief. It is an example to all of us that a lady can bear these completely unforeseen accidents with such bravery and fortitude. I only hope that I shall be brave enough to carry on should I find myself in a similar situation.

I also commiserate with all you ladies battling with the oppressive heat. Luckily I am afforded the luxury of donning my bathing costume and taking a dip but I have lost my newly-bought sun protectant ointment, which vexes me to no end!

fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2009, 07:31:02 pm »

Aspen:  You look positively regal, and so strong for such tragic things.  I congratulate you.

I wish I had my sunshine back, I want to enoy it while I can, but it has started raining, in the desert, in the summer!

Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2009, 07:41:38 pm »

I'm the other way, I prefer rain most of the time. 

Vienna
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2009, 07:50:04 pm »

NOrmally I wouldn't mind, but I'm moving to Seattle in a few months, so I would like to get in some sunshine as well  Grin
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2009, 07:51:57 pm »

May I join? *smile*

I tend to like the rain more than sunshine, just because of the atmosphere it provides. It gets very humid here at times, and a lady's hair can go poofy at a moment's notice.
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2009, 08:10:05 pm »

Of course!  What would you like to drink? *smile*

Ah, that's just the thing, normally we have dry heat. *sighs* I guess one can't have everything.
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:14 am »

If I've got to be somewhere warm, I prefer dry heat to hot and humid.  Hot and humid melts me, my clothes and my hair into a sweaty little puddle on the ground.

Vienna
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2009, 11:10:03 am »

Urgh, lady issues had me up all night, I was in so much pain and discomfort that I couldn't sleep. At my boyfriends house. And I came on early which meant I wasn't expecting it= messy Sad

I'm currently in my pjs with a hot water bottle, a cup of cocoa, a good movie and a pack of ibuprofen.

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:13 pm »

Urgh, lady issues had me up all night, I was in so much pain and discomfort that I couldn't sleep. At my boyfriends house. And I came on early which meant I wasn't expecting it= messy Sad

I'm currently in my pjs with a hot water bottle, a cup of cocoa, a good movie and a pack of ibuprofen.

Eugh, a scenario I know and loathe well.  Hope it dies down soon *hugs*.

''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:13 pm »

Aaaaand my work have just called me, they need me in tonight.....  Embarrassed
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:44 pm »

I'll have English Breakfast with cream and sugar, please.

Darkshines : I am also going through my monthly woes. I feel your pain. *hugs*
Honeybell
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2009, 04:15:50 pm »

*Does a snotty little dance.*

As of two months ago... I no longer have monthly woes or largess... It was the best thing I've ever done... 

Wink
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2009, 04:17:33 pm »

*Does a snotty little dance.*

As of two months ago... I no longer have monthly woes or largess... It was the best thing I've ever done... 

Wink

*Glaring* I'll just sit here and drink my tea then. That's alright....that's what Pamprin's for.  Grin
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2009, 04:24:20 pm »

Honeybell: I can't believe they locked down your thread. I protest. *Revealing my combat boots under my skirt* My punk is rearing its ugly head as well.
Honeybell
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

Ah well, it was a nice run of it grrrl!  At least there were some answers!  I just adore this forum and hate to see it changed for well...whatever.  For some of us this is the only interaction with others of like interests and what can I say, yesterday my soul balked at the very idea.   Grin 
anampi
Deck Hand
Argentina Argentina

« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2009, 06:08:37 pm »

Hi, here I am again... I had a test yesterday... as I was with a cold, my answers were... pathetic.

So I would like a cup of something hot, please!
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:48 pm »

Dear anampi,

A cup of hot tea with honey and lemon, coming right up,,,

Vienna
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2009, 06:21:34 pm »

Ah well, it was a nice run of it grrrl!  At least there were some answers!  I just adore this forum and hate to see it changed for well...whatever.  For some of us this is the only interaction with others of like interests and what can I say, yesterday my soul balked at the very idea.   Grin 

Hear hear. Maybe the admin gods will take everyone's concerns into consideration. Tea? What level did you teach at?
Honeybell
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2009, 06:51:04 pm »

Lapsang Souchong please...  I taught from soph. to seniors -- English, mythology, dance humanities, and basic public speaking... 
It was a VERY innercity school with no discipline (perhaps why I like the Victorian sensibilities more and more).
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »

*pouring a cup and handing it to you*

I would too. They implemented uniforms my sophomore year in high school, then came the "name tags" with your "student number" that hung around your neck. Then they built a wire fence around the school. My mom was called in once because I wore blue nail polish to school. Needless to say, we all had fun rousing the staff on more than one occasion.  Wink
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2009, 07:48:09 pm »

These uniforms - did they have a load of little arrows on them by any chance ?  Wink

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:40 am »

Oh dear, I seem to have gotten myself into a rather big project with these ribbons. I need some tea while I update this spread sheet.

fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:52 am »

*hands lilibat a cup of tea*  Tea has been my savior while completing projects.

does any one else present have a problem with very thick/frizzy hair?
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2009, 12:57:09 am »

*hands lilibat a cup of tea*  Tea has been my savior while completing projects.

does any one else present have a problem with very thick/frizzy hair?

Yes. Mine is very thick naturally, but then idiot me decided to go and get a perm. Well, then it got hot and I got aggravated with it, so I lopped it off, thinking I had gotten most of the god-awful perm. Nuh-uh. So, now I have a lot of hair that's frizzy most of the time and I can't do a thing with it. I have learned not to brush it when it's dry tho....
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2009, 01:08:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my hair, so I'm guessing it's bad idea to cut it super short?  *sighs*  it's so bothersome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: