The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 08, 2020, 11:54:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for distinguised ladies  (Read 75311 times)
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:01 am »

Now I feel like it should say "The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for desiccated ladies".  I do not ever go out in the sun for a reason. However, I was out in it today, with 85 SPF sunscreen, a hat and a parasol, and I still feel just terrible  have a sunburn and can't seem to drink enough water.  It wasn't even that hot today!

/dies

AlandraD
Snr. Officer

Lady of Leisure

« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2009, 08:01:06 am »

if i could i would lend you my natural tan.. heavens know i never go out into that dreadful shiny demons' rays!
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

Monster hunter, researcher, & cyberjacques's rival

« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:24 am »

Oh dear, I have missed so much!  I due apologize for my extended absence!  Life has kept me, but now I have left the trap we call high school.

darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2009, 09:50:06 am »

I did once talk with a lady who had been young and wild in the 1920's who told me that she and her friends really did rouge their knees...

Vienna

"Come on babe, why don't we paint the town, and all that jazz, I'm going to rouge my knees and roll my stockings down, and all that jazz...."

I suppose it gives the illusion that one has spent a lot of time on all fours.... Wink

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2009, 01:23:04 pm »

Mmmm carpet burns - so attractive!

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2009, 01:23:53 pm »

Hello ladies, I just happened to pass by and see this lovely shop! can I have a cup of tea with you?

Hello there!
Earl grey or lapsang souchong?
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2009, 03:09:32 pm »

I am speculating that perhaps the rouge on one's knees was used to cover up the carpet burns ?!

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2009, 03:44:15 pm »

Aparently "Skirts rose to just below the knee by 1927, allowing flashes of knee to be seen when a girl danced or walked into a breeze, although the way they danced made any long loose skirt flap up to show their knees. Flappers powdered or put rouge on their knees to show them off when dancing." But thats uncited.....
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2009, 06:34:39 pm »

What's next?  Ankle rouge?  Shocked

I\\\'m in Darkshines\\\' Sewing Swap!
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2009, 07:04:15 pm »

That would be too provocative  Shocked
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2009, 07:30:03 pm »

Now I feel like it should say "The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for desiccated ladies".  I do not ever go out in the sun for a reason. However, I was out in it today, with 85 SPF sunscreen, a hat and a parasol, and I still feel just terrible  have a sunburn and can't seem to drink enough water.  It wasn't even that hot today!

/dies

My dear, I look forward to meeting you at SteamCon!  Rest assured, the Pacific Northwest climate in October will be most agreeable, and will rehydrate you back to your old self!

Meanwhile, I recommend lots of lemon-mint water and a nice lie-down in a dark room with the shades drawn.

Cool
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »

Meanwhile, I recommend lots of lemon-mint water and a nice lie-down in a dark room with the shades drawn.

Cool

That sounds delightful!
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »

Dear lilibat,

I sympathise...I'm hiding in a dark room during the daytimes.

Vienna
greensteam
Zeppelin Captain

Steamed up from birth

« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2009, 12:12:23 am »

/dies

Unbelievably, the sun is just as hot  here (Glasgow, Manufactory to the World and birthplace of modern steam machines). Despite covering every possible inch and wearing my broadest hat, the temperature was extreme and I did have to have a wee lie down, in darkend room, with tea, upon my return from my monthly Ladies Perambulation. Today we walked 6 miles along the unpaved path from Mugdock to Strathblane, intending for a small refreshment but sadly the hoipolloi had crowded out the establishment and we had to return to the city exercised but unrefreshed.
I can only quote the inestimable Space-Captain Smith - tea not only calms and refreshes but also reinvigorates moral fibre.

So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all... Surprise is on our side.
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2009, 05:36:34 am »

I like Glasgow.  I went there to see the Charles Rennie Mackintosh architecture.

Vienna
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2009, 05:38:32 pm »

/dies

Unbelievably, the sun is just as hot  here (Glasgow, Manufactory to the World and birthplace of modern steam machines). Despite covering every possible inch and wearing my broadest hat, the temperature was extreme and I did have to have a wee lie down, in darkend room, with tea, upon my return from my monthly Ladies Perambulation. Today we walked 6 miles along the unpaved path from Mugdock to Strathblane, intending for a small refreshment but sadly the hoipolloi had crowded out the establishment and we had to return to the city exercised but unrefreshed.
I can only quote the inestimable Space-Captain Smith - tea not only calms and refreshes but also reinvigorates moral fibre.

I have a rather unlady like atraction to sunlight I guess  Wink  It's in my nature you see, born and raised in the high desert.  Thought amoung my family I'm still considered pale....
anampi
Deck Hand
Argentina Argentina

« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2009, 05:53:47 pm »

Well, ladies, you complaint about hotness, but here, in the south of the world, the cold is killing me. I forgot to wear appropriate clothes last Saturday, and now I have a nasty cold... The gentleman who was with me that day also forgot to wear as the occasion dictated, and the best he could do was helping me to maintain dry my drawings.

I preffer hot climates, is unusual for me to have sunburns. I'm not so a delicate lady, it seems. But well, if I lived in the victorian age, I would rather be an adventurer than a modest lady...

(hope I didn't do anything messy with the spell check, hehe)
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2009, 06:02:15 pm »

Well, ladies, you complaint about hotness, but here, in the south of the world, the cold is killing me. I forgot to wear appropriate clothes last Saturday, and now I have a nasty cold... The gentleman who was with me that day also forgot to wear as the occasion dictated, and the best he could do was helping me to maintain dry my drawings.

I preffer hot climates, is unusual for me to have sunburns. I'm not so a delicate lady, it seems. But well, if I lived in the victorian age, I would rather be an adventurer than a modest lady...

(hope I didn't do anything messy with the spell check, hehe)
I must agree with you! Heat, dry heat is what I like Cheesy
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2009, 12:29:08 am »

As my family originates from an island in the Mediterranean, I too like a dry heat. 
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2009, 02:30:56 pm »

I grew up in Scotland in the late 80s/early 90s so I am used to the cold. The weather is a lovely change but its giving me zero motivation, all I want to do is sit in the sun and sleep! Not good when I have a dissertation to write!
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2009, 02:32:48 pm »

... all I want to do is sit in the sun and sleep!

That would kill me.

I wish it was colder here. I miss living IN San Francisco we just don't get enough fog north of the city.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2009, 02:39:51 pm »

I don't mean in the direct sun, obvs, but I think I shall grab a fruit selection, my book and a blanket and enjoy it while it lasts!
fireheart storm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:15 pm »

... all I want to do is sit in the sun and sleep!

That would kill me.

I wish it was colder here. I miss living IN San Francisco we just don't get enough fog north of the city.
sitting in the sun and sleeping sounds like my vacations!

I'm trying to enjoy the sun as much as I can now, because I am moving to Seattle, Washington in a few months.  Not much sun there.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2009, 05:02:56 pm »

I managed an hour before it became unbearable, I really needed my parasol as well.... Sad
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2009, 01:35:39 am »

Since earlier I shared the tale of how my husbands became deceased...
We just did a photo shoot and our photographer took a photo of me holding the photos of my three deceased husbands.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: