The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 21, 2019, 12:31:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for distinguised ladies  (Read 66241 times)
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2009, 11:27:28 pm »

And the halma set has gone too!
 Shocked

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28:11 am »

Oh dear!  This is not good - games going missing?!

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2009, 12:39:22 am »

Advertisement:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2009, 09:16:13 am »

I just read the title as 'The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for disgusted ladies'.

I believe my mood is tainting my ability to read.

Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2009, 10:28:28 am »

Advertisement:

Hmmn, I am beginning to entertain suspicions....
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2009, 10:30:43 am »

I just read the title as 'The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for disgusted ladies'.

Maybe you should pop over the road to grumpy old men for a while.

I always see it as The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for disguised ladies.
 Cheesy
angeluk
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2009, 07:00:45 pm »

Maybe you should pop over the road to grumpy old men for a while.

I always see it as The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for disguised ladies.
 :D

That'd probably be me :-)
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »

Are you disguised as a woman or a woman disguised?
angeluk
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2009, 11:19:07 pm »

Mostly the former, though disguised isn't really the word.
One friend has made a couple of comments questioning whether the latter may be a better description of my life so far though.
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2009, 11:58:25 pm »

I myself am also often in disguise...

Perhaps I shall go infiltrate the Gentlemen's Smoking Lounge... Undecided

I\\\'m in Darkshines\\\' Sewing Swap!
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

Whoa
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:13:37 am by lilibat » Logged
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2009, 09:57:43 am »

Whoa Mrs S !
That is one impressive disguise!!!
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2009, 09:58:37 am »

One friend has made a couple of comments questioning whether the latter may be a better description of my life so far though.

So wys is nwyg !
 Cheesy
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »

Mrs. Sullivan that is quite impressive indeed! 
angeluk
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2009, 06:58:27 pm »

So wys is nwyg !
 :D

Depends how carefully you look :-)
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23:55 pm »

Whoa

Ah! I see you have an acquaintance with my twin brother, Lilibat!
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:22 pm »

So wys is nwyg !
 Cheesy

* waggles eyebrows roguishly*
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2009, 12:19:04 am »

Quite a formidible disguise to go from beautiful woman to Gene Shallot.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2009, 01:18:33 am »

As we all relax with a cuppa or a tipple let me tell you about my dear deceased husbands....warning - you may need a snack to go with it as well....
Tale of my Three Deceased Husbands (or how I came to be independently wealthy)
By:  Countessa Lenora
When I was young and fair I was famous for my talent of reading the future in the cards.  I was known then as “The Great Madame Lenora – Seer Extraordinaire”.
I met my first husband when he came to me seeking such a reading.  The poor man was lonely and unsure where to find a suitable wife.  Quite fortuitously for both of us it was love at first sight and we were wed quickly and privately at the family chapel on his estate.  My first husband was his Excellency, the Italian Count Guido Sarducci.  Sadly our blissful marriage was only to last a few short years when suddenly my dear Count died in a mysterious boating accident on the Mediterranean.  Some say they saw great tentacles drag him to the bottom of the sea.  I was, of course, away at the estate and so will never know for sure.  My dearest had no other living relatives to which he could leave his vast fortune but for me, and so I inherited his title, lands and finances. 

After an appropriate period of mourning, as I was walking my sweet little dog Pepe down the springtime avenues of Paris, I almost literally bumped into my second husband to be, Mr. Hector Williams.  A most handsome gentleman who was kind enough to help a poor lost soul find her way back to Le Meurice on rue de Rivoli where I was staying.  We had a great length of time walking to the hotel in which to grow fond of each other and that is when I found that Hector was the only heir to his family’s airship dynasty .  How fortunate to find that my new gentleman was staying at the very same hotel.  After a magical whirlwind courtship we were wed right there in Paris, the epitome of romance.    He was a very doting husband and quite special to me.  Unluckily, while inspecting the rotary blade mechanism on the newest airship design, my sweet Hector is said to have slipped while the blades were spinning.  He fell into the turning blades and was decapitated.   As misfortune had recently sent both his parents to the grave in a freak golfing accident involving a goat used to trim the course, the family’s dynasty was left to me.

After so much tragedy during my time in Europe, I decided to explore the Continent and visit Canada.  As fate would have it, as I journeyed to Canada on one of my newest airships, I met a most fascinating gentleman by the name of Sir Jonathan McAllister.  He was an older gentleman, but bright and generous to a fault.  As we chatted he confided in me that he was recently retired. He had been one of the few personal bankers to the royal family in Britain and one of Queen Victoria’s favourites.  He had decided it was time to try something new and Canada was the place to go.  To thank him for his loyal and brilliant service, the Queen made him a Knight of the Royal Victorian Order and sent him off with a fine pension to keep him and any family in style.  Of course he said it had been quite unnecessary since he already had enough fortune to keep him well heeled for many a year and no family with whom to share it.   We arrived in a small but upcoming town called Ottawa and it was upon landing there that Jonathan asked me to be his wife.    We set up a lovely home and decided to make it our permanent residence.  From there we explored the wilds of Canada until the sad day when my dear Jonathan met his fate at the hands of a large and hungry red eyed beast.  The guide that was with him said he could swear Jonathan had a scent about him of old meat and honey that must have attracted the beast, but I cannot begin to assume how that could have happened.  Once again I was left without a husband, but was left with his fortune and his pension.

Although somewhat long, I do hope you ladies enjoyed the entertainment.
angeluk
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2009, 07:46:17 am »

So wys is nwyg !
 Cheesy

I don't think I've seen rouged eyebrows before.

No, spelling isn't one of my strong points.
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2009, 06:14:54 am »

I did once talk with a lady who had been young and wild in the 1920's who told me that she and her friends really did rouge their knees...

Vienna
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2009, 07:06:57 am »

As we all relax with a cuppa or a tipple let me tell you about my dear deceased husbands....warning - you may need a snack to go with it as well....
<snip>

Oh my dear Countessa!  You have surely seen enough tragedy for three lifetimes!  How fortunate that your three husbands had such forethought to leave you in most comfortable circumstances.  Although I am quite sure that no amount of wealth could possibly replace your dear departed spouses (or their families deceased in bizarre golfing accidents), still you bravely carry on!  Keep a stiff upper lip, my dear, and remember, this too shall pass!

One of the remedies I have always found helpful in dealing with grief is a brief sojourn on the Italian Riviera.  There is a charming little pensione in Genoa that I like to visit called Casa Baci.  The proprietor, Signore Giuseppe, is quite - accommodating, and will see to your every need. I highly recommend him- er, I mean, his establishment.

Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »

<snip>

Oh my dear Countessa!  You have surely seen enough tragedy for three lifetimes!  How fortunate that your three husbands had such forethought to leave you in most comfortable circumstances.  Although I am quite sure that no amount of wealth could possibly replace your dear departed spouses (or their families deceased in bizarre golfing accidents), still you bravely carry on!  Keep a stiff upper lip, my dear, and remember, this too shall pass!

One of the remedies I have always found helpful in dealing with grief is a brief sojourn on the Italian Riviera.  There is a charming little pensione in Genoa that I like to visit called Casa Baci.  The proprietor, Signore Giuseppe, is quite - accommodating, and will see to your every need. I highly recommend him- er, I mean, his establishment.

Dear Mrs. Sullivan

Thank you for your kind words and condolences.  Yes, truly it was a tragic time of life, but what they left me has been a small compensation.    Thank you also for your immeasurable kindness in sharing your knowledge of Signore Giuseppe..I mean, his establishment, however, I have always been much comforted in my times of mourning by my ever present and loyal mechanic.  He has a way with tools that has amused me for years. 
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2009, 12:38:26 pm »

So wys is nwyg !
 Cheesy

I don't think I've seen rouged eyebrows before.

No, spelling isn't one of my strong points.

They offset my mascara'd lips a treat!
anampi
Deck Hand
Argentina Argentina

« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2009, 06:03:50 am »

Hello ladies, I just happened to pass by and see this lovely shop! can I have a cup of tea with you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: