The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 26, 2019, 08:26:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 128220 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2100 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:59 pm »

Anna blushed she had been alone for a long time and wasn't entirely sure what you did around boys.  "Perhaps we can try a duet sometime?"

"Thank you Mister."  Angel said giving Leonardo a hug.  "Come on Cain lets go get George so Emma lady can be happy again."  Angel always knew when someone was sad no mater how hard they tried to hide it and Emma lady had been sad for a long time.  But they were going to fix that and everything would be good again. They wandered down the street looking for George and Angel though maybe he was hiding down one of the small side streets until she spotted a beautiful marble statue.  She was drawn to it like a magnet and as soon as Angel walked to the front she knew why.  "It is Emma lady and she has wings and no clothes on her top. I wonder if she is cold."   

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2101 on: July 05, 2009, 11:05:02 pm »

"Say, Calechio, did you-a 'ear what thatta girl justa said?"
"sumpin-a 'bout-a the statue of Santa Emma bein Maisa frio?"
"Si,"
sheesa notta tinkina right-a, izza she? said Androsio
Whatta you say?
I saidda sheesa notta righta inna da cabeza, Androsio said again, heatedly.
yousa bin hittin da wine-a barrel again-a, no? Said Celecio, accusingly.
Ey! whatsa matta'you, you gotta no-a respecta for me?
eh, itsa not so bad
she's gotta nice-a face
AWWW shuttuppa you face!

Their voices faded away into the crowd, as they walked on to their offices.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:14:47 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2102 on: July 06, 2009, 01:52:44 am »

"I would like that very much. Perhaps some Bach tonight...if we all live that long?"
Milo was not exactly what one might call an optimist.

"Er...well..." From what Cain had learned about human anatomy from Patrick, yes the statue indeed looked cold. He slid off his jacket, wrapping it around her shoulders to cover her marble, smooth *ahem* assets.
"Let's keep going, he must be close." He moved foreward, pushing through the crowds of the tiny port town. Everyone cheered and hooted as the ships came home, a man by the name of Marco Polo arrived on a chinese air Junk.
As all the attention turned to the port, a figure clad in brown robes could be seen wheeling out a new scultpure of Emma, herself caught in the embrace of some solid incarnation of an insubstantial, hollow being, their bodies locked in a loving embrace.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2103 on: July 06, 2009, 02:34:51 am »

"I hope we live as well. I was looking forward to dinner tonight." Anna smiled and patted the seat beside her.

"George wait! We got to take you back to Emma lady."  Angel ran flapping her arms but the figure in brown did not seem to hear her.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2104 on: July 06, 2009, 02:59:20 am »

between the efforts of Patrick and Dreyfuss, most of the repairs needed  on the Boheme had been taken care of. Dreyfuss left the D-hopper drive alone, sensing that iut was all working the way it should and didnt really need any maintenance. He still heard tapping from somewhere outside the hull of the ship,; apparently Brian and Shai were still puttering away on some project or other. Dreyfuss decided to go and see what they were doing. "If you'll excuse me, Patrick, I think I'll go and see what Brian and Shai are doing, and then check the parking wheel under the steering room. We landed a bit hard; not that I'd be able to do much better, of course...you could come as well, and welcome, but I'd rather not separate you from your little ones." Dreyfuss began to climb the stairs to the observation deck.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:06:04 am by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2105 on: July 06, 2009, 03:18:56 am »

Milo sat down beside her, placing his prized violin upon his lap.
"Well I doubt Sigmund or miss Helena will let the world end. Remember that time that insane baron wanted to kindap us and use our abilities to power a new body he would put his brain in? Sigmund made short work of him that's for sure!"
He laughed warmly, recalling the battle with fond memory. Sigmund seemed less like some grand interdimensional being and more like a hero from a penny awful.
He found himself missing that time.

The robed figure turned to them, running away into the confines of the building behind his booth. Cain ran in after him, tackling the robed figure, much to his own detriment. It felt as if he had lept into stone. The robes of the artist fell to the floor beneath Cain's grip. The image of this world's george was that enlikened to a greek myth. A marble statue come to life.
"What do you want from me?" He asked, fear in his voice.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2106 on: July 06, 2009, 03:42:00 am »

"We will survive.  Music never dies it just changes forms of that I am very sure.  Let's go see if anyone is in the mess hall.  All that playing has made me hungry."  It was very rare that Anna left for meals it looked like Milo was coaxing her out of her shell.

Angel pushed the figures hood back and smiled. "Don't be scared Mr George.  We want to take you home to Emma lady so you can both be happy."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2107 on: July 06, 2009, 04:02:59 am »

Hieronymous Black did indeed send teh steel Jacketed corps to deal with the rebels. some returrned, merely 110, a token force allowed to escape to tell the tale of ten thousand effectives lost to the captured omarsmerti fleets. even more ominous news was received: the queen, Mother of all, was destroyed. No, she was chased from St. Petersburgh. No, she was on her way to London, having been driven out of her nest. so many rumors flew that it was impossible to tell what was truth and what was fabrication. But one fact made all others pale in that wise: no onme had been able to contact the queen of the cold ones for  nearly a week. He refused to admit it even to himself, but it was clear to Black that the time of the cold ones was drawing to a close...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2108 on: July 06, 2009, 04:31:18 am »

"Well after that battle I am rather famished, I hear Heinrich is making schnitzel!"
He took her little white slip of a hand, the spry, dark skinned young gypsie lead her down the hall, humming a cheerful tune.

Cain sat up, staring in amazement at the marble visage of this George fragment. A lacrimose frown crossed his pale face.
"Why should i return to an Angel who is enamored with another?"
He motioned towards a statue of a smirking, confident figure clad in robes of thunder. it was opbvious this was George's creative and romantic shard.
"How this thunderous figure taunts me..."

Charles Tayle examined the ruins of the diggers, a smile across his face as he kicked the metallic corpse of one of the massive corpses.
"The Aether league will not be silenced by that bloated bitch in Saint peters!"
He turned to his men, raising his sword into the air.
"KNOWLEDGE ETERNAL!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2109 on: July 06, 2009, 05:00:30 am »

Life went on at the school even with the headmasters gone.  There was an air of expectancy cast over the school.  They were waiting for something but they did not know what.

"You should go cause Emma lady misses you.  She was crying last night cause the thought you went away forever.  Trip went away and now she is alone all the time.  She is sad a lot."  Angel had not told Cain about the crying before cause he had talked to her about eavesdropping and she didn't want to be a bad girl but Mr George just had to know.

Black was limping home the last reports from the home front were not looking good.  Emma was wasting away, the humans were fighting back and winning and the last visitor had him worried.  He laid on as much speed as the Star had hoping he still had a home and family to return to.

Cordelia knew something was happening now, most of the labs were empty, her tutors had fled and she barely saw her parents.  Every night the flames of battle came closer and she wondered how long they had left before they too burned.

Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2110 on: July 06, 2009, 05:46:34 am »

"She...She misses me?" The marble figure placed his smooth, white hand on his equally smooth chest.
"Yes, she wants you to come home George." Cain said, holding out the amulet.
"George..." The marble figure smiled and reached his hand out to touch the amlulet, his skin glimmered for a moment before his entire body grew still, the last shard reunited with its whole.
The medallion thrusted itself off of Cain's neck, twhirling in the air before them. All at once the metal locket cracked like glass, bursting apart and flying about .
A bright flash of light filled the room, as the light died down, a rather naked and somewhat confused george sat in the studio beside the statue of himself and the hundred others of Emma. His skin glistening in the sparse light of the building...He then took this moment to realise that he had skin
"it is good to have you back, George." Cain took off his shirt, wrapping it around him.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:00:02 am by Nigel Wetherby » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2111 on: July 06, 2009, 06:08:34 am »

"Where am I?  I remember being so many different things.  I think I must have been dreaming."  He looked stunned for a moment and then he jumped forward and nearly grabbed Cain.  "Oh god what happened? Is Emma alright? Is the battle still raging?" He paused for a moment and looked down.  I have arms again but no pants."  It was obvious he was a bit scrambled.

Emma doubled over grasping her chest and falling to the floor beside Jen and the babies.  The connection was back and it was strong.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2112 on: July 06, 2009, 06:18:33 am »

Dreyfuss felt George's  presence Snap back into being in his skull, as if a piece of the world had suddenly been restored after a long absence.
George...? Dreyfuss sent, almost by accident.
Shai? Brian? Dreyfuss called , leaning over the railing of teh observation deck, You might want to tap in the last couple nails an dget back inside, I think they just completed George!

Jock... Dreyfuss sent,  Get the Saint Elmo Ready to Depart. I don't know , now, where we will be going; we have George back together now, but i'm not sure if we are coming back there or going to Gray London... Wil advise when destination is imminent...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2113 on: July 06, 2009, 06:26:01 am »

"I beleive Angel and I have a bit of explaining to do, but not now."
Cain kneeled down, helping George up.
"Helena this is George, George, this is Helena. Now that pleasantries are out of the way, let's make haste! We need to get to gray london, fast!"
Cain scooped George, spreading his wings and taking off, Angel in tow with Helena clutched in her arms.

When Dreyfuss entered their supposed wereabouts, he found something terribly unexpected.
Shai and Brian weren't exactly assisting in the construction of the ship. The two were locked in a romantic embrace, Shai's hair, once woven into a tight bun was loosened, white locks cascaded down her neck and across her cheeks.
"Oh..er...hello mister Dreyfuss."
Brian said with a chuckle, slipping his jacket back on.
"We were just...uh..." Shai ceased rubbing her leg against Brian's hips.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2114 on: July 06, 2009, 06:44:31 am »

Dreyfuss turned a shade of pink usually associated only with certain brands of earthenware, and sad, "Um. Your pardon, Mr. O'Landry, Miss Shai, please pardon my intrusion, and when you get yourselves sorted out, please come inside. I have a feeling we're about to depart --!"

Cain and Angel flew aboard right about then, and Dreyfuss said." looks ike we're going to depart almost immediately, so lets get you both inside, before they take off with us out here." They sprang over the railing and to the door, and down the stairs to the engine room, where the mattresses had been replaced. Dreyfuss stood behind Emma's chair in the steering room, and held onto the consoles and sent his awareness out into the ship, and was ready for Emma to pilot them across. "Where to?" he asked.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:49:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2115 on: July 06, 2009, 07:02:52 am »

"Dreyfuss ? You sound so much stronger." George relaxed a little if the old man was still alive than things must be going well.

Emma was crying as she got up but unlike the night before they were tears of joy.  "I can feel him.  I can hear his hear his heartbeat in my ears again.  I missed it so much.  It is like my world is complete now."

Deep in the lab the weapon stirred, the catalyst had been released.  Emma looked at Apathy and smiled.  "It is too late for you now once it has been started it cannot be stopped. Now I am going to say goodbye to my little girl and husbands then I have a friend to see and one lat bit of business to settle before I pass on. Good day sir."  

Black pulled in to the docks the lab was under attack and his whole world was crumbling around him.  "Emma!" He screamed from the docks hoping he wasn't to late.

Emma wakjed proudly up to the bridge and set the d hopper controls. "We are going to find that other me and wipe the smirk from her face."  Emma said with a grin.

George stood up on the sea of mattresses eyes wide.  "Monkey you have offspring!  What have I missed?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2116 on: July 06, 2009, 07:12:50 am »

JOCK! ALL HANDS! GRAY LONDON IMMEDIATELY! REPEAT! DEPART FOR GRAY LONDON IMMEDIATELY!

COmmodore Dreyfuss! AYE Sir!

Jock blasted the Imminent Jump klaxons throughout the ship, and all hands strapped themselves in, blimps were landed on the main deck and tied down, patrolling wing-packers were called in, one unit bringing Madame Arachne aboard and getting her situated in Sick Bay, and ten getting themselves shipped, and the D-Hopper Drive was programmed with the coordinates of Gray London. the Aether reciprocators were brought on line, the fan linkages were engaged, and the multiplication gearing engaged, and the roar of the fans filled the air over London; people on the streets , recovering from the carnage and confusion of the blast several hours being started from their exhausted stupor as the hybrid airship roared off to the east, and vanished in a green flash...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2117 on: July 06, 2009, 04:39:52 pm »

"Well," Jen said with a blush and a wide sort of grin.
"Me and Patrick were finally able to...well...properly celebrate our marraige after we opened the whitefire academy."
Patrick grinned proudly when she mentioned the academy.
"Say hello to George Cain and Little Zoradysis." Jenna crooned, holding up the two children, their bright eyes looked up at George, little smiles crossed their round, pale faces.
"We aren't sure what will happen with them...we aren't sure if they're even human. But We'll raise 'em right!" Patrick said with a determined look in his eyes.

Arachne's spider legs dug their tips into the deck, keeping her rooted in the ground like a shapely tree as they took off. She leaned backward from the thrust of the ship, though she did her best to keep from tipping over. She sighed, wishing Nadya would be here to assist her.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2118 on: July 06, 2009, 05:19:48 pm »

George looked rather proud to have a child named after him. He ticked little George's chin and got a bright giggle in return.  "Everyone please get ready I will be starting transit to gray London soon."

When George heard that voice he lit up.  "She is on the bridge, right?" Patrick nodded with a grin.

"I have the coordinates set up so that we should come out right by her lab. We should be prepared for heavy fire." Emma was smiling everything was going right for once.

"You aren't planing an attack without me are you?'" His voice was warm and melted Emma like butter. 

Emma launched her self in to George's open arms. "You are really here. You came back."

George kissed her and wiped away her tears.  "I told you I would never leave you didn't I?"

"I love you George." Emma burrowed her head in his shoulder.  They held on as the transit started and not even the heavy pull could tare them apart.

"Hieronymus love stop yelling I am right here" Emma2 was standing in the open door with Cordelia and the tell tail shimmer of George beside her.

"What are you doing we are under attack!" Black was worried Emma looked as thin as a rail.

"Calm down dear I have every thing under control.  Come in and wait with us I have friends coming that will make everything turn out right."  She looked so serene and fragile that he believed every word of George's report. 

His wife was dyeing but somehow she looked happy and that made him feel lost and confused. "You know I can't deny you anything my Emma."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2119 on: July 06, 2009, 05:30:12 pm »

With so many trained and partially-trained white flamers on board, all yearning for the battle to come and hoping the ship held together, The St. Elmo was unassailable whilst crossing the Aetheric planes, and scorched across like a bullet from a gun. She burst through the Veil on the far side, into the Realm of Gray London, her arrival like an instantaneous sunburst. there was an airship already ahead of her, and Jock gave full cry to the St Elmo's horns and whistles, and even the upper register of the Steam Calliope. As they roared past, he realized that the much-patched red-and-gold dirigible was the Boheme, and he cut forward thrust, applied minimal reverse thrust, and the St Elmo slowed and slewed up alongside what would now be the flagship of their "fleet."

"St. Elmo to Bo'eme, this is Jock, 'ows the ship and crew? Require any assistance? Sorry about th' fanfare, we didn't reckignoiz ye from th' back at  100 knots...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:31:39 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2120 on: July 06, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »

Apathy knew what was happening. It could not let this occur, It had to destroy the device. It charged into Gray londoin, a swathe of Aether daemons charged behind him, taking up any body they could find. As they headed for the door of Gray Emma.
Sigmund appeared, his eyes alight with gold flame. With a sweep of his hand, the bodies fell to the ground, excorsized of their posessors.
"You will not allow this world to stay in its darkened state, corruptor." Sigmund's voice cracked the air around him.
"Your body inhibits your abilities. humanity...or should I say weakness?" Apathy sneered and let purple flame skip across its hands.
"We will see who is inhibited." Sigmund let a stream of golden fire pour from his chest,  Apathy countered with the same attack, purple and gold fire slammed into eachother, struggling and writhing like snakes in combat.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2121 on: July 06, 2009, 05:58:14 pm »

"Follow us to the main lab dock and be sure your people are prepared I have no idea what the other me has been up to"  Emma smiled this was turning out very well for them.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2122 on: July 06, 2009, 06:53:14 pm »

according to a previously-hatched plan, all six "longboat" blimps aboard the St. Elmo, each now carrying a three-man crew, were deployed; two taking off from the Main Deck, while aft of teh stern galleries of the ship portion, the hull doors opened and the flour blimps housed there took off and dropped though the opening. Each of the six blimps was powered by an aether jet taken from a wing pack and souped up, and  carried a pilot, and two gatling gunners.

their crews were combed from the sudden mob of 'seniors' volunteering from the ranks of the school's "army," who were determined to aid the 'heroes,'  as the crews of the Boheme and St. Elmo had come to be considered by them. The little blimps' aether jets had been souped up to the point at which the diminutive craft were so fast that the crews had begun to call them "airboats," and would have had races with them, if there had been time.

The blimps were charged with scouting the path ahead of the Boheme and the St. Elmo, and engaging any resistance they met -- but to not attack any rebel or resistance forces, using a code word provided by Shai before the final fragment mission.

they fanned out across the landscape, their jets making a racket like giant, deranged wasps, staying at altitudes thought to be safe from the Between Wyrms encountered during the last visit, all heading in more or less the same direction once they had achieved their individual vectors -- Gray London itself.

aboard the St. Elmo, the remainder of the volunteers readied themselves for battle, as did the air rangers, who gave advice to the "recruits," and loaded the Gatling carbines and sharpened their cutlasses.

Esmeralda came down to talk to her former class mates, and lo and behold, found both Lotta and Rebecca among the recruits! "We had to come,  Esme, we couldn't just let you run off and have all of the fun, now could we? And just look at that uniform, it's wicked smashing on you!" Lotta said, her cheeks flushing pink as they all embraced and sat together in the ships mess. Sgt. Mclemore, the cook, had brewed and set out huge kettles of tea and coffee, and small sandwiches, in case anyone became peckish before time to debark and attack.

Dreyfuss went forward to say farewell to Emma, Helena, and George, and then came back and did the same to Patrick and Miss Jen, and also Cain and Angel.  Angel hugged him back, and petted Cleopatra on the head, and then Dreyfuss flew over to the St. Elmo.

The three classmates hugged one another and steeled themselves for battle

As they flew farther into Gray London territory, they began to realize that the resistance had done far more than avoid Idleness; the Battle for Britain was over, and the Battle for Gray London had already begun. Dreyfuss ordered General Quarters for his crew, then Battle Stations when the Gray London airdock came into sight. Three of the blimps had already engaged the enemy, and rescued several bands of rebels from tight spots.

"steady as she goes, Jock. don't fire unless we are fired upon, but then, give 'em hell!"

"Just as ye say, commodore," Jock said, calmly, but plainly spoiling for a good slugfest.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:18:18 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2123 on: July 06, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »

"I know." Brian said, standing foreward.
"I was captured in the midst of doing some technological surveillance. She's been working on some sort of  Aetheric gate with a genetic key. She only wanted a certain species to go to a certain place. Perhaps she wanted to move the humans to the moon or some other act of insane buggery. These cold ones are loonies, the lot of 'em!"
Patrick shook his head.
"No, they wouldn't do that. Humanity's wrapped 'round their little finger! They'd have no reason!"
The debate was interrupted by Cain crying out.
"Look! It's Sigmund!"

A massive cold one war galleon closed in upon Drefuss' ship, trundling along the skies like a black dragon. It brought with it what seemed like an armada.
"Cap'n!" Jock declared.
"Enemy ships off the starboard bow!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2124 on: July 06, 2009, 07:43:19 pm »

Attention Hell Galleon:  this is Commodore Sir Jaisen Santiago Dreyfuss. you are alongside teh Republic of Texas Air Fleet St. Elmo.Areyou friend of foe? "No Answer...
Dreyfuss shouted, BRING 'ER ABOUT TO PORT AND RAM TH E FIRST ONE IN LINE! shouted Dreyfuss, who had seen the aerial Ram that Jock had installed on the front of the Elmo.

The St. Elmo ripped into the enemy ship running alongside, like a frenzied shark attacking another in a feeding frenzy, smashing through and severing the bow.The other ships behind were unable to slow in time and a good twenty smashed into one another, popping and otherwise holing their own gasbags, and plummeted to the plains below. the Saint Elmo, relatively unscathed (well, one rearward gun had had its barrel bent, the paint was all scraped all down the port side, and some of the panes in the stern gallery were smashed, but otherwise she was unhurt) continued on, and watched as ship after airship smashed into the mass below while the Boheme sped up and continued to the airdock.

The Saint Elmo opened up with all guns, then, pressing forward at flank, then dispatch, then ramming speed, and then far above that, and smashed through another six ships in rapid succession. causing yet another pileup, this time even more massive. As the ships behind were unable to slow in time. Dreyfuss ordered  by-the-numbers broadsides, and had Jock bring her around one more time, this time firing mondragon rockets into the still-massed enemy ship formation each of the two rockets, armed with massively-larger mondragon grids, took out or severely damaged at least three ships apiece.

Dreyfuss ordered all white-flamers of light-rope class on the main deck and instructed them to use their powers to rip pieces, men, whatever they could lay hold to, from the cold ones' ships...Dreyfuss to Boheme...Drive on ahead, emma, and get helena and patrick and some of the others on the guns! We'll hold 'em off here as long as we can!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:52:53 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: