The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 07:10:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 129378 times)
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2075 on: July 04, 2009, 06:09:16 pm »

Before they left, Sigmund kissed Helena deeply, his lips tasting a bit like how a warm fire smells and feels. The touch of his lips seemed...safe.
As he broke off their embrace, feeling returned to her body, the limpness gone.
"I hope that will suffice as a going away present, should I not return."
Apathy materialized beside Sigmund.
"GO NOW!" Sigmund commanded, tackling apathy to make sure he did not see where it is they went.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2076 on: July 04, 2009, 06:28:16 pm »

The spider platform scrambled as fast as it could over buildings and through alleyways while Angel, Cain and Dreyfuss kept watch overhead.  They arrived at the lab and Emma screamed for the guards to turn on the defenses as they past by.  The dock was swarming with people working on The Boheme. It looked like most of the major holes had been patched but it was still far from completed.  "Pull the crews I am taking the ship out now."

"But Miss Lighton it isn't..." The technician was cut off.

"I know that but if we don't launch now we die.  So pull the crews now!"  Emma stormed aboard the ship and fired up the engines. "Cain, Angel grab whatever mattresses you can find and bring them to the bridge. We are all going to stay there until the ship is fully repaired.  Jen, Patrick I am very sorry your first trip has to be like this.  I was planing on taking you to some of the nicer worlds when this was all over but it looks like I may not get the chance now."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2077 on: July 04, 2009, 06:41:29 pm »

As he flew along, Dreyfuss sent to Jock and any white flamer aboard the St. Elmo who could hear.

ATTENTION, Jock and all hands. those who cannot hear must be told.we are departing  now for the last shard of George Lewistine. When we have recoverd that, we shall depart for Gray London. Jock knows the way, and it is recorded on SAAWLI, which has been running since the first day of our Aether League commission. Repair all parts of the ship. this must be done yesterday, I repeat, all repairs must be completed Yesterday...When we leave for Gray London, I shall issue a sending to jock and all hands to proceed to gray London. this may very well be the a[ocalypese, Ladies and a gentlemen. Let us not be found wanting. Dreyfuss out, he said, as they neard the dock.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2078 on: July 04, 2009, 07:01:31 pm »

Angel and Cain streaked across the skies, carrying heavy loads of stacked matresses. A young woman chased after Cain who yelled back amid her cursing :"I am very sorry I will bring it back later, thank you!"
Within moments the engine room was positively lined with matresses and a few frilly pink pilows Angel gathered because they were soft and pretty.  Patrick and Jen propped themselves and their children.
Brian and Shai rushed to the engine room, Scraps leading them with a series of metallic barks and urgent, grinding whimpers.
Everyone was soon loaded onto the ship. The students of the academy united at the lip of the whitefire sheild, weapons crafted from white fire as they prepared to fight for their home and for the place that they were accepted.
Zoradysis led the charge, Talos beside her.
"Knowledge eternal!" She cried, the students yelled it in unison, the warcry of the white flame.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2079 on: July 04, 2009, 07:20:25 pm »

"Everyone please hold on I am beginning transit now.  We are not running away we are gathering our strength and soon we will come back and make sure that monster can't never hurt anyone again."  With a steely expression Emma hit the big blue button and they shot over the aetheric plains shaking and creaking.

Anna was not strong in body but at her piano she was a juggernaut.  The wide windows of the music room were flung open and the white flame powered song flowed out over the courtyard cracking with power.  She was not going to be forced to hide again.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:02:06 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2080 on: July 04, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »

The song "Ride of the valkyries" Roared through the hallways. The booming notes seemed to solidify as shapes of white fire in the form of mighty viking women riding upon ravens swooped down upon the school's attackers.
Milo, a thin and silent young man played alongside her, his violin playing 'La danse macabre" Forms of white fire skeletons began a synchronised ballet, their twirls and leaps and high kicks translated into synchronised combat, knocking posessed soldiers and madmen to the floor.
"Miss Anna, your music is fantastic." The young boy spoke with a thick russian accent. His pale cheeks pinkened with a bit of a blush.

The ship shot through time and space, Scraps had a terrible time trying to stand in the moving ship. Bits and peices of the ship began to fall off. Patrick placed his hands on the floor of the ship, chanelling his white fire through the old vehincle.
"Come on old girl...you've had worse than this! Show us how easy Hudson had it!"
Loose screws and planks clapped themselves into place.
"Attagirl!"

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2081 on: July 04, 2009, 08:12:56 pm »

"Thank you and yours is quite nice as well" Anna smiled as a light pink blush rose on her cheeks.  She pushed even harder thin fingers dancing over the keys as the ravens flung people away from the gates and generally caused problems for the attackers.

They popped in the the new world with a jerk.  The skies were calm and Emma could smell the sea.  Below them people in small boats were pointing and talking about the new arrival.  She smiled as she looked out the window this looked like a safe place.   
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2082 on: July 04, 2009, 08:29:50 pm »

"Wait a tic..." Patrick said looking out of the porthole into the open sea. Across the nearby landscape was a monolithinc cathedral.
"Bloody hell..." He exclaimed. "We're in Vinci!"
Cain scratched his head. looking terribly confused.
"Vinci!" Patrick exlaimed "The birthplace of Leonardo Devinci! This must have been a universe in which the church did not condemn his inventions! Look!"
He pointed out to an airship which resembled a flying drillbit attached to a balloon. A cheerful man waved to their rickety ship.
"We're in the birthplace of airship technology!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2083 on: July 04, 2009, 08:54:30 pm »

Angel held little Zora up to the porthole. "See the big water it is the ocean and there are little boats that go on it."  She was remembering when Cain taught her about the world.

"I am going to take us in for a landing as soon as I can find a place."  Emma saw nothing outside that looked like a dock to her eyes. 

Helena was worried and frustrated. "I wish he could of seen this."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2084 on: July 04, 2009, 09:35:51 pm »

"Well let's see where that corkscrew thing goes." Patrick suggested, watching as it landed on a flat plane in the center of the city.
"I suppose they have landing pads instead. Let's hurry up and land so we can find that damnable George shard before Siggy gets 'imself killed!"
Jen smiled and giggled as Angel showed baby zora around, absolutely sure she would be a great aunt.
Shai approached Angel, hugging her tightly.
"It's good to see that my sister is still wonderfully happy even in another world..."
Brian could only snicker, sitting in the corner as he straightened his tophat. Madame Arachne had given him some rather snappy clothing while he was under her care.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2085 on: July 04, 2009, 10:04:20 pm »

Dreyfuss let his whitefire recede from the ship slowly. for a few moments there, it was as if he were every nut bolt and nail and every piece of wood or iron. arts of him had nearly snapped, and his engine room was full of little squirmy --! he shook himself as Cleo peered into his eyes. "HIIIppshiisisisisiiisssssp?" she asked.

" Yeah, I'm Ok, Cleo. holding the Boheme together on a jump is a bit disorienting, that's all. I'm not as good at it as Nadya was. Is," he corrected himself out loud. "it's like becoming a building and then changing back again. Er, I guess."

He stood and picked his way gingerly over to the Hull door. "OK. folks, maybe we'd better figure out who's going searching and who's staying here to finish repairing the ship and beefing up the caterpillars," he said, nodding toward the Boheme's engines, which were still not completely rebuilt, but only just enough to make the ship move at a relatively normal speed. "I did what I could, but i was really only just copying your work, Patrick. I've never done an engine like these before."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2086 on: July 04, 2009, 10:10:46 pm »

The landing was not one of Emma's best but it didn't damage the ship more.  Emma came down to the engine room to go out exploring and gave Patrick what looked like a bundle of struts and fabric.  "It is a collapsible baby buggy.  I was hoping to have made a much better looking one before the little ones were born but I just haven't had time."

Angel had given Zora back to her mother after she fell asleep.  Angel wandered out and decided she liked this place.  There were people in bright clothes and masks singing and everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves. There was a cafe close to the landing pads selling something she had never seen before.  It was a flat bred thing with red sauce and cheese.  "What is that Cain? It looks yummy."

Helena was unsure if she wanted to stay or go. On one hand the quicker the ship was fixed the quicker she could get home but on the other if Emma didn't find the George fragment right away they would be delayed anyway.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2087 on: July 04, 2009, 11:01:01 pm »

Patrick had a little trouble unfolding the buggy, but eventually he got it prepped up. He placed little George Cain and Zoradysis into the buggy. The mechanical legs moving with the slightest push.
"Bloody brilliant!" Patrick declared, Jen smacked the back of his head.
"No cussing around the babies!" She reprimanded.
"Sorry Jen."

"It's called Pizza!" The young chef declared, placing the hot pastry down upon the wooden table of his booth.
"It is my own invention, would you care to try a slice?" He handed her a steaming triangle, it smelf of spices and meats and cheeses.
Cain walked to Angel's side, raising an eyebrow at the sight of the strange food.

Brian and Shai stood up. "We'll take care of the ship, Emma." Brian declared. "I'm a might handy with a wrench if I do so say myself."
Shai giggled. "Very well, but I will join you to make sure you don't drive a nail through your hand."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2088 on: July 05, 2009, 12:02:54 am »

Dreyfuss held out his hand and Cleopatra landed on his arm and slithered up onto and around his shoulders . HE had elected to stay and and finish working on the engines and see what else he could do. Truth was, he was a bit leery of giving Brian a free hand; he did not appear to be too awfully accomplished as a craftsman, and Dreyfuss also feared he might not be fully recovered from his injuries.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:28:19 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2089 on: July 05, 2009, 05:19:05 am »

Angel took a big bite of the offered pizza and broke in to a grin.  "It is really yummy. Have some Cain."

Emma wandered down the gangplank detector in hand.  "I think George is near that large church." Helena had to stop her from walking right over the edge.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2090 on: July 05, 2009, 05:36:55 am »

"Miss Emma, perhaps you should stay in the ship to help with the repairs? Angel and I will find and recapture the George fragment. We need to get this done as quickly as possible!"
in Cain's urgent haste he took a bite of pizza, admiring its strange and wonderful flavor.
"Hurry!" He urged, though he was embarassed for talking with his mouth full.

Apathy sneered, feeling the child's prescence leave this world. it could not pinpoint its location, but  it had business elsewhere. Apathy vanished into purple flame, leaving its armies to battle with the students.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2091 on: July 05, 2009, 05:57:32 am »

"Alright but be careful I cant let anything happen to you two. After all what would the babies do without their aunt and uncle?" Emma handed the detector and the containment locket to them.

"I am going with you. I want to get back to Sigmund as soon as I can."  Helena had sheathed the aether sword on her hip looking determined.

Emma's work had reached a fevered pitch ever since her mysterious visitor.  Her body was staring to give out.  She was losing hair and could barely keep food down anymore. Her body was rejecting the transplanted parts and the drugs were no longer helping.  Emma only had days to live and she knew it.  The weapon was ready now but rest was coming too late.  The last piece, the catalyst was safe and it would get here just in time. She had left it with the one person she trusted the most, herself.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2092 on: July 05, 2009, 06:09:58 am »

Cain nodded, clutching the locket tightly in his palm before wrapping it around his neck. He lead the charge , pushing thought the bustling crowd.
"Excuse me, pardon me, sir!"
Cain looked above the crowd looking to the towering doors of the cathedral.
"It's just ahead! I can see it!" He declared excitedly.

"Where did you leave it? We must know, now." The voice of apathy's eyes..or lack thereof narrowed, burning towards the second Emma.
"i...we know you have hidden it! Tell m-us!"
It was true, the once impartial entity was gaining partiality.
"Your queen has fallen to your rebels, what else is there for you to defy?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2093 on: July 05, 2009, 06:21:40 am »

Angel giggled as she ran. This was fun almost like tag and the church was beautiful.  She wondered if the George part was having fun too.

"My self." Emma2 chuckled.  "I can hear her inside of me she wants to take over, to live again. Once is enough.  I painted the world with blood once and now I must clean up my mess."  The look in her eyes was like a ravaging fever but she was calm there was simply nothing left for her to loose.   
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2094 on: July 05, 2009, 06:31:16 am »

Dreyfuss hauled out the forge again, and got the fiure going; he then set up the makeshift lathe again, and began working at a rate which astonished even himself. He managed to completely finish the damaged Engine, and began to run checks on it. HE brought it up to full idle, and and rigged a system by which he could bring both engines online and test them at full tilt without stressing teh airfram by actually moving. He was feverishly working at this stage of the repair process, when Patrick walked back into the engine room, apparently to see how the work was progressing. Dreyfuss could hear Shai yelling somethng at Brian, and both yelling, and then occasional laughter.

"Patrick?" Dreyfuss said, a question having formed itself in his head, "do you know how to use the white fire to hold a ship like the boheme,  or mine, together? Keep it safe from the Aetheric entities? The only method I know of is an old cantrip  for keeping a boat intact during a storm; Uncle Caractacus taught it to me back when I first started paddling around the bayous when I was a boy; it was so simple that even with as dinky a spark as I had, i could make it work passably well."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2095 on: July 05, 2009, 06:45:03 am »

Cain ran towards the door, forcing the massive iron and stone doors open. The doors creaked and roared as they swung open. Cain stepped into the sharp, multicolored light of the cathedral. An old, gray man with a long beard was painting a frescoe of the last supper at the altar of the church. A construct in the form of a walking suit of armor handed him a grail of water, which the old man drank up eagerly.
"Graci." He said thankfully before continuing his painting.
"ER...Lemon yellow Davintage sir?"
The old man turned to them, his thick gray brow raised as he saw the strange guests.

"We will not permit you to ruin our plan! Existance must be reclaimed!"
Apathy's hands burned with purple fire.
"You will die here!"

"Dreyf, it ain't about forcin' that ship ta stay tagether, It's about makin tha ship wanna stay tagether. It's equal parts man an' machine." He placed his hands upon the hull of the ship, dents popped out, holes slowly mended.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2096 on: July 05, 2009, 06:53:03 am »

"I think I understand."Dreyfuss put his hand on the newly-repaiered engine, which had been having trouble keeping pace with the other one, tried to feel not just the engine itself, but the way it felt, as idf if it were a living, sentient entity. he began to coax it , to build empathy with it...suddenly both engines were running at a higher rate than he would have believed possible. He took his hands away and they continued...

"I did it!"Dreyfuss yelled, "I-er, WE DID IT!"

"Thank you, Patrick."

He powered the engines down, and then turned them off. He then removed the testing harness, and coiled it up and placed it in the toolcase on the wall, took the lathe down and put the parts back on the machines that they belonged on, adn then decided to simply absorb the heat from the forge, sensing that he might need all he could  get in a little while. soon all that was left was charcoal and as-yet-unburnt coal, cold to the touch, as if it had not been lit in a week or more. Dreyfuss sacked it back up, and stored it in the locker where the forge would go in just a few minutes. He put the anvil and pedestal away, took the vent hood off of the forge, put it in the locker, and then stored the forge. "Well!" he said. "I think I'll go and helpShai and Brian, or at least do a walkaround." Is there somethng I can do for you, Patrick? You look a bit like you're wanting to say something, or to talk."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:05:24 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2097 on: July 05, 2009, 07:21:42 am »

"Hi mister we are looking for our friend George have you seen him. Oh and he may be invisible."  Angel waved at the old man. He looked nice and this church place was pretty.  She was standing in the colored light from the windows admiring the way it looked on her wings.

"Yes I will."  Emma laughed heartily and Apathy looked just the slightest bit confused. "Don't you jet the joke?  I am dyeing and if the end comes by your hand or nature I most likely wont see the dawn.  Rage all you want it doesn't matter any more either way I am beyond your pain."  All her fear and worries fell away and somehow the figure in front of her seemed far less imposing and more like a panicking child.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2098 on: July 05, 2009, 10:32:42 am »

A Telekinetic talent, coupled with whitefire ability, often finds weapons in the oddest places; There was an ancient Sarsen stone that was buried hundreds of feet below the level of the front lawn of the O'Landry School, left there after it had fallen from teh sledge on whichit was being hauled by the neolithic builders of ancient stone rings in the British Isles. The recent carpet bombardment of Apathy's horde by the St. Elmo had churned up the earth beneath the lawn even as it vaporized the turf and dirt on top. Rebecca Sunnybrook  grabbed that stone, sensing it beneath it's now-thin covering of earth, and ripped it loose, right under the feet of approximately 90 of the horde's participants. She flung the stone sideways, and marvelled at how it smashed entire companies, hundreds of men , as it roared past and through the opposing Mob. She let it drop, Then got a better hold on it, and began to swing it around like a gigantic sword, smashing to bloodied heaps thousands of enemies in a single swipe.

Lotta Crabtree ran along with the rest of the students, firing off small bursts of whitefire like pistol shots, and unlimited supply of ammo thus available. many of the boys and girls had studied bladesmanship extra hard, and  were charging about in disciplined units, chopping , thrusting, and slashing down whole companies like some gruesome harvest, their swords edges limned with whitefire as Dreyfuss' and Nadya's had been...and some twenty or thirty senior-level students had simply formed blades of fire an were going about taking out hordes with the extraordinarily-variable-length blades. And then there was Robert, he who reforged the Blade of Dreyfuss, and who had heard of Dreyfuss' use of the Sword of the Clan, and had figured out the spell from first principles, and was now employing it to devastating effect, chopping in half whole sections of the enemy hordes. and then, either the city's capacity top supply scum for Apathy's army had run out, or his will no longer ruled the city, or perhaps the students had actually killed all there were.

The crew of te St. Elmo, overhead, were not Idle. they rained grenades, shells, gatling fire, all down on the mob from above, even as repair crews patched the holed gas cells
and pounded out dents and welded armor plating back into places where Apathy's power had blasted them loose. Finally, the Army of Apathy was destroyed, and te St. Elmo once again stood ready. Jock and Mina then decided, jointly, to unload and put in place on the front of teh airship the so-called Ramming shield, used for attacking multiple airships by the simple expedient of ramming...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2099 on: July 05, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »

The leaping ballet of choreographed skeletons and soaring whitefire valkyries  twirled and leaped about even after the end of the battle, both young musical talents were determined to end their songs in a glorious creschendo.
Milo's "Le Danse Macabre" slowly wound down, the invisible skeletons lining up and holding bony hands like emaciated lovers, vanishing into tombs and mosoleums made of naught but air while a figure of white fire clad in a robe who looked quite a bit like Milo was left alone, strumming his violin in the low, beautiful set of final notes before he too sunk into the earth.
Milo turned to Anna, an infernal blush on his cheek as he watched the valkyries soar off into the skies, disintigrated as they entered the gates of Valhalla.
"Er...you were exceptionally good, Anna." Milo said looking to the floor.

The old man turned to Angel, an amazed look on his face as he approached her. He muttered a series of things in very fast italian as he placed either hand on either side of her head, examining and appraising her like a rare jewel. The familiar feeling of white fire coursing through her caused her body to tingle.
"Ha! Ahahah! Si! Oh..ug forgive-a me. What I mean-a to say is yes. I think I know of-a this George you talk of." The old man looked as if he were attempting to remember, but was distracted by Angel's prescence. "You...you are something-a special! A machine made-a by de Angelica constructisa?"
"The bright ones?" Cain asked curiously.
"Er, Si. Many have-a claimed to see them, but-a this...this is like being visited by the pope! I will-a do all in my power to help you."
He ran his fingers through his gray beard, pondering as he stared up towards the stained glass image of saint George slaying a fearsome between wrym, his lance peircing its circular, tooth-filled maw.
"Ah! Yes! There is-a a new artist who has emerged recently in-a the square. A man or thinking machine, we are not-a sure. All I can-a tell is he is a fantastic sculptor and painter, and he only has-a one subject. A mysterious girl he called Emma, his angel. A strange young man indeed."
Cain lit up immediately. That definately sounded like George!
"Last I heard he was mumbling something about-a 'resigning to his fate' and putting up a studio down-a de road. He goes by-a de name of Georgio."
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: