The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 27, 2019, 07:48:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 124875 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2025 on: July 03, 2009, 06:52:01 am »

"Hiisspp!" said cleo. She saw Emma-lady groping after her shoes and dived under the bed, pushing the shoes into Emma's hands, hisssp-ing as she pushed each one with her nose.

"What a GOOD girl, Dreyfuss said, and Cleo settled back after getting out from under the  bed, preening and tidying herself up."

Across the gray, war-torn expanse of crumbled and crushed ruins which formed hills and valleys around Gray London for uncounted miles, there hung a  pall of overcast, presaging a rain that had not come in more than thirty days. But something of good omen was occurring, nonetheless; across the wide front from the former Atlantic coast to the shores bordering on teh Irish Sea, the resistance had stiffened into a definite battle line. the Omarsmerti fleets and bands had lost much of their former cohesion and discipline, thus allowing guerilla bands to get between and behind them, and thus many such units had been cut off and destroyed, the weapons aboard the diggers, and sometimes the entire diggers, were turned into resistance gun platforms and used against the enemy.

In the makeshgift, fly-by-night laboratory/refitting garage, Esmeralda Litton-Dreyfuss (her mother, Rosita, had married Paul Dreyfuss; thus, Irene did not exist in this version of the earth, and there was yet another connection between the  Clan of Dreyfuss and the Litton Family) Esmeralda had developed the conversion and subversion process several months before, right after the Airship people came to their London and took Shai and Brian away; there had been no time for much else besides the conversion process, and teaching it to other mechanics/engineers/madboys and madgirls so that they could take it with them to their own tribes and clans. the result was that now, instead of having to run from the Omarsmerti gunships, the gunships were running from THEM!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 06:55:33 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2026 on: July 03, 2009, 07:18:56 am »

"I am almost ready, I swear." Emma had a brush half stuck in her hair as the rest of the gang stepped in.  Sweets mewed to be let down so she could co see Cleo.  "I just wanted everyone to have a good sleep."

There were mosquitoes now buzzing about and trying to bleed them dry.  If this had been before Emma found her daughter she would have taken the utmost pleasure in crushing them but now she had far too many pots on the fire.  "Hieronymus darling I need you to sen the steel jacket corps to the border uprisings.  My work is too close to being complete for me to leave it at the moment.  Oh and take O' Landery with you he need something to keep him busy and I don't like the way he has been looking at me."

Hieronymus kissed her and laughed.  "Do you want me to make sure he doesn't come back?"

"Not yet he is still useful just keep him occupied for a little while, It will all be over soon anyway."  Emma smiled she was lucky to have a husband willing to get his hands dirty for her.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2027 on: July 03, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »

A blackfly landed in Patrick's room. A black tentacle stood out for it to perch upon. He placed his hand upon it and eyed what it captured on the screen.

"Ah, conspirators. This may disrupt things." He wrapped his thumb and forefinger around his chin, pondering his strategy. "I must lay low for now. I was created but a year ago. Heironimus and Emma have but a matter of months. The stress will get to them, and they will get sloppy. If all goes right...the years will kill them for me."
He looked towards a photo of Cordelia, Jen's mindless shell sat beside it.
"And then," He said "I will pluck the golden apple, ungaurded by the dragon, and sow the ground with the beast's teeth and I shall craft my own army! Thinking machines are so much more versatile..and I can finally make you real again, my love."
He embraced the cold metal of his artaficial love.
"We must simply have patience."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2028 on: July 03, 2009, 05:14:04 pm »

"Look Emma lady we went and got Sweets a present and we can make it go without touching it." She demonstrated by having it run circles around a very confused looking Cleo.

"That is fascinating."  Emma was already trying to take it apart and figure out how it worked in her head. She would never take Angel's toy away from her but that didn't stop her from trying to disassemble it with her eyes.   "Now that we are all ready we should get going.  After all we don't want to make the folks at home worry."

A sandwich floated by and pestered Emma until she was forced to speak to the man carrying it.  "Hello George,  I would love to have something to eat with you just let me finish this last little bit."

The took was pulled from her hand. "I don't think so Em. If I let you finish I will be here all day now eat something."

"All right you stubborn goat."  She cleared off a pile of papers and sat on the bench.  George relaxed next to her not caring if his seat was full of other things.

"So you are sending Black out."

"Yes and I may have to send you out too but for something closer to home.  I get the feeling something is coming."  Emma said between bites.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2029 on: July 03, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »

Seregant Gejiro Kei arrived in Emma's doorway, his combat armor dented and blackened by countless accumulated battle damage.
"Mistress Lighton! We are under atta-ACK!"
The hardened soldier hit the floor, twitching as his eyes rolled back into his head. A figure clad in a long white robe entered the room.
"You have no need to be alarmed." The figure spoke in a monotone voice. "He is simply unconcious. Our apologies for our unscheduled entrance. We are not usually this spontanious. We have come to assist you in your endeavors."
"Your ward cordelia interests us..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2030 on: July 03, 2009, 07:03:48 pm »

Emma sprung to her feet gun in hand as George formed a shield to protect her.  "What do you want with my little girl?"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2031 on: July 03, 2009, 08:20:15 pm »

"You will not harm us with that gun. I would be most un-beneficial.  Your child interests us."
The figure peeled back its hood, revealing a face or at least the idea of one. Everything was there, eyes, nose, mouth, but none of it seemed actually there. It was as if her mind were constructing a face where there was none.
"We wish to examine her. We are fascinated by how she is able to retain her purity in such settings of turmoil and war. Have you programmed her?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2032 on: July 03, 2009, 08:36:37 pm »

Emma was badly scared for the first time in years.  This figure made her feel like a child in front of the Principal and if she did not say just the right thing her child would be taken away.  "No.  I took her home and spent almost a year figuring how to completely fix her back but I have never done anything other than minor repairs after that.  I won't let you take her from me."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2033 on: July 03, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »

"Fascinating." The figure said in a tone like a machine.
"I am afraid your plans interfere with our own and we must ask you to end any and all attempts to execute your plan. We must keep this world infested with beings of darkness."
His eyes seared with an unearthly flame. A scorching pain enveloped Emma's invisible companion.
"You will cease your plans now...this is a warning."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2034 on: July 03, 2009, 09:32:24 pm »

Emma held on to George worried.  Nothing had ever been able to hurt him before.  "I won't jeopardize her future.  I have been working far too long to let someone come out of the blue and stop me." She tried to act strong but she was afraid this thing was clearly not human. Suddenly she was very glad that she went ahead to plant a set of plans in a place that the resistance would find.  That way even if this thing killed her Cordelia would still have a chance.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2035 on: July 03, 2009, 10:38:08 pm »

"We will not destroy you. That would accomplish nothing. We will warn you. Should you attempt to enact your plan we shall be forced to..."
He let loose another blast of searing pain across George's absence of a body.
"intervene. We are aware humans wish others to have nice days before departing but either way it is meaningless."
The figure vanished in a cloud of purple fire.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2036 on: July 03, 2009, 11:59:08 pm »

"George are you alright?" Emma said feeling his body relax.

"I am fine Em."  His voice sounded strained. "What was that thing?"

"I don't know. Lets go see if Cordelia is all right."  Emma was half away afraid she would find her daughter gone but she was at the piano with her kitten macaroon.

Cordelia's brightened up as soon as she saw her mother entering the room. "Good afternoon Mama and Papa George.  Would you like to hear the song I have been working on?"  She was the only person other than Emma who could feel George's presence.   

"I would love that sweetness." Emma sat down hoping to shake off some of her fear.  Whatever that thing was it raised the stakes considerably and Emma wasn't sure she had a winning hand but she was going to bet it all any way.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2037 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:30 am »

Cain felt a sharp pain in his chest, something stirring within his insides. Something was occuring in his world, something  else was there, something not hailing from any world. He shuddered and clenched his chest, falling to his knees.
"Arrgh!"
Cain rushed to his side, assisting Sigmund as every muscle in his body tensed, yellow tounges of golden fire leaked from his eyes and mouth, causing him to scream even louder.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2038 on: July 04, 2009, 01:46:01 am »

Helena let out a gasp and rushed to Sigmund's side.  She remembered what happened when her powers went haywire.  "Sigmund I know you are somewhere in there and you need to calm down.  Remember what I said this morning well I think you need another." She kissed him knowing the golden flames would burn her but getting Sigmund out of this alive and whole was more important.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2039 on: July 04, 2009, 02:11:30 am »

The flames felt as if they were scorching her very existance like paper upon a flame. Sigmund did his best to draw the burning in, bottling up the searing golden flames as best he could. Eventually the flame died down, his clothing scorched, the floor around him burnt to a charcoal black. Where Helena stood was utterly unburnt. She seemed entirely untouched by the golden heat.
"Th-thank you Helena..." He breathed.
"We must collect the shards of George quickly. I do not think we have much time left..."

Jen screamed at the top of her lungs, a combination of surprise and terror released from her lungs as she looked down at the puddle beneath her feet. Patrick rushed to her side, calling for his students to summon Madame Arachne.
The voice of Apathy felt a disturbance within the universe. A being of absolute good was entering this world.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2040 on: July 04, 2009, 02:33:12 am »

"Lets go home.  I want to show mama the neat mouse I got for Sweets and the pretty yen things."  Angel gathered her kitty in her arms and gave it a kiss. 

"Alright but we are going to have to all gather in the steering room.  With all the structural damage I don't know if the cabins will be safe during transit.  Cain, Angel, Dreyfuss if you could please fly us back to the ship we can be home before lunch." Emma said with a rather grim smile.  It looked like she was right about that last piece triggering something.  If only she knew what that was.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2041 on: July 04, 2009, 02:52:37 am »

Cain wrapped his arms around Sigmund, spreading his wings and taking off with him like a falcon carrying off a rabbit. He looked behind himself, watching as his fellow flyers carried their quarries with them, Cleo had sweets cradled within her coils, taking great care not to relinquish or tighten her grip.
They landed upon the boheme. All the while, sigmund felt a strange tingling in the pit of his stomach, as if something he needed to see was in london.

Jen was being transferred to the bordello, her chest heaving with whimpers, cries, and screams with each contraction. Patrick held her hand tightly, attempting to channel his white fire through her to lessen her pain. Her skin glistened with sweat as Madame Arachne pushed her into the safe confines of their sanatized medical wing. She was placed on a soft bed while young women in lacy negligees ran back and forth with boiled water and torn up bedsheets.
"It's alright Jen...ye'll be up and at 'em soon enough! Yer doin' great!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2042 on: July 04, 2009, 03:10:55 am »

Dreyfuss was beside himself. Where in the blazes was Nadya?

Nadya? Mi Corazon, donde es usted? Nadya, where are you? It's time to go back to our London; Sigmund is having a terrible time with golden flames, and Emma believes something  has been triggered by the latest George fragment being absorbed into the locket.

There was no answer. Not only that, there was not even the buzzing in the back of his head to indicate she had ever been there.

Nadya Zarate, have you left us? You are needed; I may be able to shield and guide the Boheme myself, but i don't have your finesse. Nadya? NADYAA!?[/i]

Nothing...

"Miss Emma? Helena?  I can't raise Nadya! I have no idea where she could be. I might be able to shield and guide the Boheme, but i don't have half her finesse." Dreyfuss steeled himself for the admission to come, forcing back tears of frustration and and loss. "I have to admit that she did warn me at the first that she might just decide to up and go someplace else at any time. Apparently this is that time."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:17:59 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2043 on: July 04, 2009, 03:22:29 am »

The Boheme creaked and shook as Emma gently, carefully lifted it up off the ground.  "I want you all to hold on tight we are in for one heck of a ride." The ship lurched wildly as Emma got it up to speed.  "Here we go!" Emma hit the big blue button and there was a roar of twisting metal and splintering wood.  "Just get us home." Emma whispered holding on to the wheel for dear life.   
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2044 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:18 am »

Sigmund closed his eyes tightly, the ship began to splinter and tear. Metal creaking as the ship began to give to the might of the fast moving universes around them.
Sigmund's eyes opened, revealing golden orbs beneath his eye lids. He stepped foreward, gently pushing Emma out of the way and grabbing onto the wheel of the ship.
The golden fire returned, surrounding the ship in a mantle of glimmering light. The ship seemed to remain frozen in time as the rest of the world passed it by. Tiny ponts of light shone at the end of each little tentacle atop his head.
The rickety ship landed like a wounded condor into the port, bits of wood and metal hitting the cobbles beneath them. Sigmund let go of the wheel, falling backward.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2045 on: July 04, 2009, 03:40:53 am »

Dreyfuss let go of the whitefire and collapsed to the deck behind Emma and Helena.

Land her! Land the ship! he cried, as he flamed overand desperately tried to keep enough oif teh Boheme intact to get them to the ground.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:42:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2046 on: July 04, 2009, 04:01:28 am »

The Boheme slammed in to the dock knocking everyone over and causing fragments of whip to rain down on the dock crews.  "I think we are home." Emma called out rubbing her head from where she had bumped it.

Sigmund never had a chance to hit the floor. Helena was right behind him and he landed rather firmly on her belly.  There was an oof as the wind was knocked out of her. "That was amazing.  What did you do?" She said recovering quickly.

Angel helped Dreyfuss back up. "Do you have any boo boos Dreyfuss?  Cause I can make them all better."  Sweets had crashed in to Cleo and they were both in a dazed tangle on the floor.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2047 on: July 04, 2009, 04:24:16 am »

"To be perfectly honest...I'm not very sure." Sigmund exhaled wearily, sitting up.
A fast moving messenger drone crashed through their porthole, carrying a note in its little claws which it dropped into Cain's lap. Cain uncoiled the little scroll.
"Jen, baby, Arachne's now. What does that mean?"
There was a moment of silence from Cain before he realised that everyone was standing up as quickly as possible and headed for the door.
"Ohhhh..." Sigmund nodded understandingly. "OH!" the urgency hit him seconds later and he was off like a shot with  the rest of them.

"Just a little more, Jen darling!" Arachne urged, holding her hands out as she prepared to ease the baby out into the world.
"You're doin' great Jen!" Patrick said as he embraced her tightly, her nails digging into his back as she screamed louder and louder into his shoulder.
Her cries quieted as the cries of a new life filled the room.
"It's a boy!"  Arachne cheered "Wait...there's another!" She exclaimed. Jen let out another cry, a second baby cried out into the warm air. "And a girl!"
Patrick looked upon his children, kissing Jen over and over before Arachne handed her the children.
"They're beautiful..." Jen sobbed, a weak smile crossed her pinkened face.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2048 on: July 04, 2009, 04:59:56 am »

The spider legged platform raced thought the streets carrying those without wings to Jen's bedside.  Emma's hands were shaking with excitement.  Angel was beaming and humming a welcoming song to herself. Helena was wondering what the baby would look like with Pat and Jen for parents. The walked to Jen's room cloaked in an odd combination of excitement and solemness.  Emma knocked on the door quietly in case the new mother was sleeping.  "Patrick, Jen it is Emma and the gang may we come in?" 
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2049 on: July 04, 2009, 05:21:08 am »

"I'd be greedy not ta let me best mates come in an' see this set of miracles!"
Cain opened the door, walking in to see the sight of two alabaster-skinned children. Their eyes were halfway opened, shone like gold. The boy and girl were wrapped in bright blue cloth and fast asleep in their mothers arms. A hovering drone caught a few pictures of the children.
"The boy is named George Cain. And the girl is Zoradysis." Patrick declared proudly.
"If they ask," Jen said weakly. "They weren't born in a bordello."

Apathy observed the bordello, disgusted at the melange of emotions which swirled and mingled within the walls of the abhorrent place. The child had already been born, Mariana had not stopped it, nor the Aether daemons. It would need to handle matters personally. As it passed the shipyard it began to clear the minds of every pirate, brigand, and soldier he glanced at, erasing their memories all together and leading them along like puppets on a string.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: